Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Obama needs your birthday, anniversary and wedding gfts/money

Today's great idea from obama's website(http://www.barackobama.com/):

"Got a birthday, anniversary, or wedding coming up?

Let your friends know how important this election is to you—register with Obama 2012, and ask for a donation in lieu of a gift. It’s a great way to support the President on your big day. Plus, it’s a gift that we can all appreciate—and goes a lot further than a gravy bowl."

Why spend money on your family and friends when you can give it to obama! Little Timmy wants a video game for his birthday, instead register him to support obama!
    Last edited by Bobdoletoo; 2012-06-23 at 12:45 AM.

I'd rather see presidential campaigns funded through system like this (That would be enforced by law and monitored to a point that 1 purchace per person) than corporate lobbyists pushing hundreds of thousands of money into it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I guess they can ask for donations, instead of just stealing your money from you like some other unnamed political parties.

I'd rather donate to Romney though.

So if you don't want any present for your birthday, you can ask your friend to donate money to support a politician you support as well. Nothing wrong with that. Also if Little Timmy's parents want to donate money to their fav polititian instead of buying him a present, why is it Obama's fault.

I see no problem with asking for donations, even if I think this is likely an ineffective way to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'd rather see presidential campaigns funded through system like this (That would be enforced by law and monitored to a point that 1 purchace per person) than corporate lobbyists pushing hundreds of thousands of money into it.
    On the other hand, I really do enjoy free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I see no problem with asking for donations, even if I think this is likely an ineffective way to do so.
    I do find OP's post pretty laughable, but that's only because it's kind of weird. I really don't see any problem with this and if it's what people want to do, go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    All right! Birthday presents from Obama!
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

So asking for money through fundraising is bad now?

BRB going to alert:

American Cancer Society
    American Red Cross
    EVERY U.S. Political Party
    Tens of Thousands of Facebook pages setup for individual fundraising.
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

It's only bad if Obama does it aparantly

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    So asking for money through fundraising is bad now?

BRB going to alert:

American Cancer Society
    American Red Cross
    EVERY U.S. Political Party
    Tens of Thousands of Facebook pages setup for individual fundraising.
    etc
    etc
    etc
    I see all the liberals and democrats are out in full force defending. I am not against asking for funds or contributions. I find it laughable that they ask you to not give your friends and family gifts for THEIR special occasions. I see that you guys are fine with not giving gifts to your friends. I am sure every one of you guys being blatant defenders would not give a donation to obama over buying your spouse/so a birthday present. And if you say you would,you're lying. My wife would kill me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

If i give barry a b-day present, will he give me one back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    I see all the liberals and democrats are out in full force defending. I am not against asking for funds or contributions. I find it laughable that they ask you to not give your friends and family gifts for THEIR special occasions. I see that you guys are fine with not giving gifts to your friends. I am sure every one of you guys being blatant defenders would not give a donation to obama over buying your spouse/so a birthday present. And if you say you would,you're lying. My wife would kill me.
    It's asking you to tell your friends that instead of giving you a gift, ask them to donate to Obama. It's not telling you to give gifts to Obama instead of your friends/spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

If i give barry a b-day present, will he give me one back?
    No, but he will donate to his website in your name.

They are not asking you not to give your friends and family gifts. They are asking you to tell your friends to not give YOU gifts but instead donate to Obama's Campaign. So your the one making the sacrifice not your friends/family.

10+ Year Old Account
    So wonderful that its a willing donation that you do only if you want to, as opposed to a tax, right? But I suppose asking = taking at gunpoint to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So wonderful that its a willing donation that you do only if you want to, as opposed to a tax, right? But I suppose asking = taking at gunpoint to you.
    Are you talking about stimulus money that goes to unions and green energy organizations that then donate to democratic politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    It's only bad if Obama does it aparantly
    Not "bad" per se, just pathetic...which i would wager was the OP's point. Though considering how pathetic barry is, i would say this is expected.

Seriously though, if this were Romney's website making the same request, all the liberal network drones would have it as their top story for a week. Meanwhile, visiting barry's website causes a tingle in Chris Mathews "leg".

Are you talking about stimulus money that goes to unions and green energy organizations that then donate to democratic politicians?
    Did you create this post just to bash the Democrats. Because the Republicans never gave billions to the defense industry and those guys def don't donate to the republican polititians.

Not sure what the point of this thread is "Obama asks for money, hes the devil!"

Did I come close?