Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    YOU diverted the topic.
    +1 for thinking this is actually a topic, let alone a topic worth discussing.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am outraged by this . . . outrageous action that ignited my outrage.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    I don#t care about American politics and I still find it ridiculous to post such ideas on a politician's website.
    Why do people on these forums seem to try to absolutely oppose anything others post just for the sake of opposing or ridiculing the OP (or fanboying in many cases)? I honestly don't get it...
    And if you can't see what's so ridiculous about asking sb to donate to a politician instead of receiving birthday/wedding gifts whatsoever you seriously can't be helped, sorry... asking for something like that is incredibyly ... shameless.
    Exactly my point. But people get offended with the slightest tilt against their political windmill. People are way too sensitive. If this was Romney's website I would ridicule it also. The absurdity of asking someone to forgo a present for a birthday, anniversary or wedding to help a politician is beyond my comprehension..... but i want to see that guy who asks his wife to not register for wedding gifts and ask for obama donations instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    They are not asking you not to give your friends and family gifts. They are asking you to tell your friends to not give YOU gifts but instead donate to Obama's Campaign. So your the one making the sacrifice not your friends/family.
    this. No wonder people believe in trickle down economics.

Why not spend all that money in political campains to fund cancer research, better education or aid to thoes in need?
    Who will benefit most, and hungerstriked native african can be feed a month for 5$ - Or you can spend the same 5$ to get a fancy posters of your favorite politician.
    Im glad lobbyism is illigal where i come from. And they each have a fixed amount to spend.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GISP View Post
    Why not spend all that money in political campains to fund cancer research, better education or aid to thoes in need?
    Who will benefit most, and hungerstriked native african can be feed a month for 5$ - Or you can spend the same 5$ to get a fancy posters of your favorite politician.
    Im glad lobbyism is illigal where i come from. And they each have a fixed amount to spend.
    you could say the same for anything YOU spend money on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    +1 for thinking this is actually a topic, let alone a topic worth discussing.
    If you can get people that mad and defensive, you got yourself a topic.

Deleted
    I usually try making people happy or express joyfull thoughts and intentions in my topics..

Somehow they never get very successfull =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Again with getting words mixed up. People are not mad or defensive, just baffled at the sheer [bannable adjectives here] intention of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, your bible, and your complementary shotgun.
    I am here to fulfill my campaign promise, a chicken in every pot and a cap in every ass.

It's unfortunate that any thread with even the slightest hint of politics simply devolves into ignorant babbling by both sides.

As for the topic itself, ignoring the political nature of the concept it comes off quite rude. You wouldn't go up to some complete stranger and ask them to donate their gifts to you so why would it be alright for a politician to ask his/her supporters for their birthday gifts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    It's unfortunate that any thread with even the slightest hint of politics simply devolves into ignorant babbling by both sides.

As for the topic itself, ignoring the political nature of the concept it comes off quite rude. You wouldn't go up to some complete stranger and ask them to donate their gifts to you so why would it be alright for a politician to ask his/her supporters for their birthday gifts?
    Because it's understood that his supporters might feel like doing it?

I'd rather kill myself than give my money to Obama.
    "LET TERROR RAIN!!!" ~ Warcraft III

Quote Originally Posted by Eothekingslayer View Post
    Rather than ever make a decent post I'd suppose too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eothekingslayer View Post
    Well... technically, if you're in the US, you pay taxes, which are then factored into presidential expenses.... so you're already giving your money to him.

Today's great idea from obama's website(http://www.barackobama.com/):

"Got a birthday, anniversary, or wedding coming up?

Let your friends know how important this election is to you—register with Obama 2012, and ask for a donation in lieu of a gift. It’s a great way to support the President on your big day. Plus, it’s a gift that we can all appreciate—and goes a lot further than a gravy bowl."

Why spend money on your family and friends when you can give it to obama! Little Timmy wants a video game for his birthday, instead register him to support obama!
    Yes that's what this is, Obama stealing the birthday gifts from little Timmy. If you want to support a candidate you like you can chose to register and ask your friends to donate money to his campagine as a gift. So if little Timmy wants to that he can, if he don't he wont. Please don't try and make this election any more rediculus then it allready is. If you want talk politics please do it seriously, as it is, you know, kinda serious and don't waste people time on this non issues.

I see all the liberals and democrats are out in full force defending. I am not against asking for funds or contributions. I find it laughable that they ask you to not give your friends and family gifts for THEIR special occasions. I see that you guys are fine with not giving gifts to your friends. I am sure every one of you guys being blatant defenders would not give a donation to obama over buying your spouse/so a birthday present. And if you say you would,you're lying. My wife would kill me.
    CRAZY THOUGHT! Some people actually really do care about elections enough to enjoy this. A donation to their candidate WOULD be a gift if they WANTED t donate themselves, but didn't have disposal income to do so.

BUT HOLY SHITFUCK, son, since YOU don't support the candidate, it's OBVIOUSLY THE WORST DAMNED IDEA EVER.

Genius.

Sincerely, someone who doesn't give a damn about Obama and still thinks your outrage is absolutely hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Well... technically, if you're in the US, you pay taxes, which are then factored into presidential expenses.... so you're already giving your money to him.
    You're mixing giving and taking...

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, your bible, and your complementary shotgun.
    Can i trade the politician for another shotgun instead?

We have a Democatic Thread sticky devoted to president Obama. The discussion has been fine here, but I think it's redundant to have a thread about this when it would fit quite well in the Democratic sticky.

Closed.