Poll: Which Race is left standing?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Forsaken, plague on all, rez all humans, gg.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    And regarding the Blood Elves, if they're so powerful with holy magic, why is the Ghostlands still the way it is in lore/game and why is there a massive scar of undeath in the middle of their land. Also even if the blood elves could deflect the plague somehow, Sylvanas still has a massive army of Zombies, Skeletons, War Machines, Death Knights, Ghouls, Dark Rangers, and not to mention perfected blight that she could use to tear apart the magic junkies. Arthas did so with a third of what Sylvanas has if you remember the mission in WC3. Blood Elves can't possibly be prepared for that.
    That because blizzard have not updated Ghostland or any of the BC zones to Cata. The only two zone that got upgrade was ZA and Sunwell (phase).

Blood Elves are one of the greatest spell caster and with the Sunwell being Arcane/Holy mix. Not only the Holy magic destroy the Undead army, The blood elves will be able to restart their shield to a point that Sylvanas will notice that she no longer be able to attack with her blight.

Leader of the Blood Elves was a student of Sylvanas and would know everything she would done.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting that Worgen are immune to blight, there's a quest in Silverpine where at the end of it, you see Humans willingly take part of the Worgen curse because they're specifically terrified of being killed and turned into Undead forced to serve Sylvanas. No where in said quest, or any quests with Worgen to my knowledge show that they can breath perfected blight and still be ok. Also Aberration doesn't really support that they're immune to specifically blight, just that they're more resistant to shadow damage and nature damage. If a Worgen walks through a cloud of perfected blight he's going to drop dead. And when I say perfected blight I mean the blight the Forsaken have been working on behind the Orcs backs and slowly perfecting my testing it on living creatures and towns (Southshore).
    Worgen is new thing to the human. If they found out that fighting against the Scourge, the Worgen are immune to both the demonic corruption and Scourge's blight.

They were giving a choice become undead or reborn as a Worgen. Worgen leadership did notice that none of the dead Worgen were bought back as undead and thought that the Forsaken could not raise worgen back from the dead due to the curse.

I believe that it is more of they do not have the skill to resurrected dead Worgen since it is disproven due to the Lich King is able to resurrected dead Worgen into a Death Knight. Worgen again are like Nerubians. If you notice that the Lich King did not even blighted SFK or Pyrewood Village when he attack. He knew they are like Nerubians, immune to the Scourge's blight and mind control. He would also know about the demonic corruption immune and raise Arugal to gain a Worgen army against the Burning Legion.

If they found about the immune effect, They will force every human near Silverpine Forest to become Worgen and turn the battle against the Forsaken. They just learning about the "curse" and what are good effect.

If you look at the creature you blighted, you notice that none of them are worgen. The people in Southshore are in three different camp: Undead, Worgen, or imprison.

Forsaken only got two or three living Worgen, they will learn that their blight will not effect Worgen and it is matter of time before the Worgen learn the blessing.

I think that it would be a tussle between night-elves and blood-elves. No-one else stands a chance against them.

Thousand-years old humanoids, with civilisations that have continuously produced and accumulated, knowledge, understanding, manifestation and mastery of almost everything that there is to know about in the world just can't be beaten. They have the wisest scholars, the most accomplished craftsmen, the most ingenious generals, and the deadliest warriors of every kind that have chosen to adopt. A 50-year old human mage has nothing on a seven thousand-year old blood-elf mage, he can just incinerate himself and save the blood-elf the trouble. All the barking of an orc warrior won't be much help when he gets sliced in half by a sentinel trained for cutting things in half for the better part of ten thousand years. And lets not even go to rangers and huntresses...

Blizzard may have recently trolled elves with their treatment in stories, making them either so stupid it beggars belief they can still breath on their own or presenting them as emo queens just standing in their castles sobbing about the losses of the past, but that still can't take away the aspects of immense power they can command or their unmatched will-power, one that drove the blood-elves for example to survive their journey from Kalimdor all the way to Quel Thalas.

Now, between night-elves and blood-elves I am not sure who would win. I would say that despite all their negative feelings for each other blood-elves would just surrender in the end when they encountered the full might of the night-elves, and realise what they could have been, not out of fear but regret and the wish to not make things worse. Now if it was an all-out war then blood-elves all the way. They have very ltitle restraint and would do almost anything if it came to that to win. They are almost as powerful as the night-elves but noticeably more determined.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2012-06-25 at 03:19 PM.

Goblins. Why? Because they can buy their armies and can play other races against each other. Plus, they are green.

Disclaimer: I am only racist towards gnomes and Tauren but tried to be as fair as possible. Thank you.

This map is massive and i apologizes to anyone that has difficulty with it but this is the basics of the map.

Played a WoW risk style game obviously its not exactly like risk or a real war but it gave a good idea. The way it worked was the X was your faction capital or a large faction Base. Northrend was Bolvars he can have it for all i care and the same applies to the majority of the islands around the Maelstrom. Pandaren are not included either, when they do get into the game they themselves cant deiced what army they want to fight for so lets just assume they are lost in the mist and never going to be found.

Boxes with outlines are battles taking place. The Red boxes around a capital means that capital will be taken or destroyed read below for details.

Now onto the map itself and what each race is essentially starting with; as posted in numerous posts above, each race is only the playable race, side factions, Argent Crusade, Cenarion Circle, Steamwheel Cartel etc are all removed and not affiliated in anyway with any of the races "at war."

Also i have excluded all "shared" aspects of faction citys and the worgens are assumed to have Gilneas back(It would be absolutely crazy to have Goblins in Orgrimmar, Worgen in Stormwind, Gnomes in IF Etc.) Below I will now list a small summary of what i think is fair each army starting point is from then i will continue to explain my thought process behind all the moves with each race.

Humans: Stormwind, Port of Theramore, Hyjal via Stormwind Portal
    Night Elves: Darnassus, Feathermoon Stronghold
    Gnomes: Gnomergan
    Dwarfs: Ironforge, Aerie Peak
    Dreanai: The Exodar
    Worgen: Gilneas
    Orc: Orgrimmar, Hyjal via Org Portal
    Trolls: Echo Isles
    Golbins: Blidgewater Harbor
    Undead: Undercity
    Blood Elves: Slivermoon City, Sunwell
    Tauren: Thunderbluff

ALL OFFICIAL LORE IS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT, UNDEAD PLAGUE,WORGEN RESISTANCE, EXODAR REPAIRED, HUMAN POPULATION ETC.

Generally Speaking in war when the capital is taken the war is won so this applies here also; All small towns are not taking into effect, the Undead do NOT have southshore just as the Humans dont have Refuge Point. Larger towns with populations and military are taken into account, Feathermoon, Aerie Peak, Theramore etc.

Now for how it would play out in my mind. Essentially the following races are done immediately, Trolls, Gnomes and Goblins . Although the Gnomes and Goblins have superior tech to all other races Gnomergan is too close to Ironforge and the dwarfs are vastly superior, the Goblins are directly above Orgrimmar and with Garrosh and his army storming towards the Harbor they would stand little to no chance fending that off. The fact that their races are also rebuilding doesnt help, the Golbins newly joining the horde with no sense of leadership, and the gnomes only have reclaimed the surface of their city realistically i see them both gone fast. The trolls also lack numbers and although they are a crafty and more adaptable race i dont see them standing a chance against the war machine that is the Orc Army marching down Duratar.

The next "glitch in the matrix" is the Worgen, the plague does not effect them and as we all know a new plague is in the works but we cant assume we know what it does. The Worgen are essentially screwed with the Undead looming above them and in need of a port. I just feel like they would be unable to handle it, the only reason your worgen character isnt dead is because you jumped on a night elf boat and in this situation that boat would be laying siege to your shores as well, not aiding. And with the Undead's Valkyrie's the battle front on the worgen side renenforing the Undead army with dead soldiers the worgen dont have the numbers would been far too uneven.

Now onto the Tauren, simply put they are screwed, Thunderbluff supplies the greatest defense of all captials imo (excluding the exodar but i will get their shortly) but as for offensively they are completely bottle necked into Mulgore. Before the horde showed up the Tauren where getting their asses kicked by Centaurs which seems stupid now but still if they had difficulty then being in a 3 way dog fight with a full Orc army and the Human forces in Theramore cant end well for them.

Dwarfs would be in better shape here then almost all other races, besides having to immediately engage the gnomes putting a quick strain on their army the humans are the only real threat to their capital. Sadly for the dwarfs though the amount of fronts they are fighting on and the fact that they are trapped does not work well for them, this along with the lact of leadership i feel eventually they would lose.

Blood Elves are in prime position the one thing working in their favor like the humans on Eastern Kingdoms is, they are not fighting a two sides war, besides small dwarf forces in Aerie Peak the Blood Elves are fighting only the undead, and being able to wield the Light would work greatly in their favor. One thing above the Blood Elfs i feel is a major disadvantage is leadership in battle a good leader goes extremely far not to make a stupid joke but honestly who even leads the Blood Elfs...amirite? Im sorry that wasnt funny but still it holds true. Blood Elfs would also be a MAJOR target of the Undead, Slyvannas being arguably insane would want nothing more then once and for all to claim her city back so i feel like the blood elfs would just get Plague bombed and out numbered.

Night Elfs, are more tricky their home city is untouchable and they can out last almost every race in a siege situation (if you can even siege Darnassus) The classic Orc, Night Elf, Warsong Glutch match up would take place over lumber and whatever else and i feel like the Orcs would eventually win. Feathermoon stronghold may be enough to fight off incoming armys from the Orc's and Humans but not enough to really challenge either on a two parted front. The night elves being able to bunker down in Darnassus keeps them in this fight though.

The entire Orc race is one giant well oiled War machine (this is coming from an alliance player you have to respect the sheer power of the orcs) they would simple put Conquer all of Northern Kalimdor, the barrens would be a 3 way fight and with forces in other locations the Orcs would most likley settle to keep Northen Kalimdor in exchange for the humans taking the deserts that are South Kalmindor.

Humans are lucky, the amount of sheer land below stormwind is essentially all theirs giving them a port and a lot of resources. If they where wise they would go into the dark portal and hide. From what is coming. Theramore can lead the way to take all the land mentioned in the Orc post but it is useless really no good ports or resources. Fighting the Dwarfs wouldnt be easy but winnable with more numbers and a resource advantage the Humans would eventually be able to take Ironforge and be a threat to the Undead to the north.

Now the fun part.

The Orc's Have northen Kalimdor, the Humans have the south, The undead control Northen E.K and the Humans control the South. One thing this thread has done an amazing job doing is overrating the plague. Can it kill yes, will it kill yes, is it essentially unstoppable yes. But what everyone seems to add in is that the Undead can kill anyone and then boom rez them and their army doubles. No, no they cant. Cases of undead being risen and refusing to join up with the Undead are known if your fighting a war against someone you hate then they kill you and bring you back to life are you willingly going to fight with them? I dont think so.

With the control set up the way i say above i feel like eventually it will come down to Humans Orcs and Night Elves (hiding in Darnassus) Realistically the number of the humans and port citys should win them this fight but wait whats that...

...THE EXODAR

Its a fully funcional aircraft/ Capital city, the leader can see the future and essentially they can just fly when ever where ever and raid small weakpoints they would essentially siege darnassus. Humans i dont think have the Tech vaialably and any strategy is negated by Velen and his foreseigt.

Powerful Army Check
    Transport Check
    Base of Operations Check
    Leader Check
    Resources Check

Space Chickens win, or Humans i dont know its like playing SC2 and controlling the map with no minerals or gas and 20 stalkers with blink vs a monther ship and 10 void rays who ever plays smarter wins.
    The Humans out number them but the technology of the exodar might be the thing to finish them off.

TLDR: enjoy the paint map its shiney.

If you want this map unedited with your own little battle to share heres the link.

http://dracohouston.net/FullAzeroth.jpg
    Last edited by tamlus; 2012-06-25 at 07:45 PM.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

If its been said already then I apologize but I'm going with Either the Goblins or the Gnomes blow up the world therefore its a tie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Warhammer did this. The answer is no one wins, everyone loses, forever.
    This, the Tyranids have Zillions of forces and the Necrons are immortal etc etc... But eternal war still wages across the galaxy. This would be Azeroth until everyone dies out.

Even if you're not talking about 40k, similar situation with just Warhammer.

But if someone has to win, Im sticking with my original vote, the Draenei. Exodar is fully working. Just read what tamlus has said, can't explain it any better really.
    Last edited by mmoc48a7b6a713; 2012-06-25 at 11:50 PM.

Don't think the Draenei would have time to get their capital up and flying again nor the resources. Pretty sure the tauren would be on their shores pretty fast beating them down. It's also safe to assume in the FFA all the races would fight another race of the opposing faction first due to their history and hate. Worgens vs. Forsaken, Blood elfs vs. Dwarfs, goblins vs. gnomes, Taurens vs. Draenei, Humans vs. Orcs, trolls vs. Night elfs would be the first round I imagine. From there factions would turn on one another, and it seems Alliance is more tightly niched than any horde factions except trolls & Orcs and Taurens. I could see the Trolls turning on Blood elfs in a heart beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Don't think the Draenei would have time to get their capital up and flying again nor the resources. Pretty sure the tauren would be on their shores pretty fast beating them down. It's also safe to assume in the FFA all the races would fight another race of the opposing faction first due to their history and hate. Worgens vs. Forsaken, Blood elfs vs. Dwarfs, goblins vs. gnomes, Taurens vs. Draenei, Humans vs. Orcs, trolls vs. Night elfs would be the first round I imagine. From there factions would turn on one another, and it seems Alliance is more tightly niched than any horde factions except trolls & Orcs and Taurens. I could see the Trolls turning on Blood elfs in a heart beat.
    Why do tauren hate dreanei? I didn't realize that was part of the lore

Dunno. It is, however, part of the lore that the Exodar is fully repaired. In Wolfheart, Varian is surprised to see Velen because he thought the Draenei had already left Azeroth.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"