Thread: I have a ghost.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazaroz View Post
    I'm sure there's a logical explanation to this. Maybe one of your family members sneaks in but makes sure to place the items and the tape in the right spots?

After they took the money, that is.
    They opened the door, removed the broken tape, went through his room to find the money, returned everything to where it was, and replaced the tape on the door while closing it? If he had the tape like I'd imagine (from the door frame onto the door horizontally or something similar), and it was on the inside, that would be one hell of a feat to get the tape to attach to the other side when they closed the door.

10+ Year Old Account
    4/10

/10char

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-06-23 at 07:27 AM.

Yeah... I'm not lying about the tape part. You can't really tape something from the outside when you leave the room.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    That's true, except such obvious tampering with our world such as stealing money would be noticed immediately. We wouldn't have the random thread on MMO Champion claiming someone's seen a ghost. We'd have real research showing money disappears, and there's no other way it could have disappeared but by supernatural means. As I said, if ghosts existed, they'd be crawling all over us, making our lives miserable as they stole our money, yo-yos, and whatever else ghosts need to have a good time. Come on Vizzle : /
    You're assuming that everyone who dies becomes a ghost, and that there is only one type of ghost. That's incorrect, on both counts. There are positive, neutral, and negative spirits. Negative spirits are the most rare. They'd be the one taking the money.

keeping money in a tin case sounds pretty strange. Just as strange as checking on it every 2 days. I don't believe this story tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah... I'm not lying about the tape part. You can't really tape something from the outside when you leave the room.
    Just face it, your a dreamwalker. Your "ghost" is you yourself.

thats a really interesting tale. its definitely intriguing that this mysterious person seems to be able to get the tape back into perfect place from the other side of the door. assuming the tape is on the inside, of course.

what you need to do to figure this all out is, arrange your wardrobe so that when its opened, something inside will fall and loudly the floor, waking you up, so you can catch the culprit. i recommend leaning a broom against the inside of the wardrobe door by quickly closing the door on it before it has a chance to fall out.

that is... if you actually WANT to see who or what is doing it. i'd be too creeped out.

Deleted
    I'm already freaked out enough as it is. I would probably have to move away and never come back if I found any evidence of something moving in my room while I'm sleeping.
    Would you rather sleep it off, unaware? =)

Seriously. You have to take the approach that getting answers is the best sollution. And most often, a thorough pursuit of answers is what dismisses claims of supernatural or otherworldly existance or influence in what's going on. While most people are content to just dismiss it immidiately, I'm proud to admitt that I am 100% sure that I can be exactly 0% certain on weither or not supernatural occourances can be/are real or not. I have'nt got a clue. Chances seem that they're not, but if I were to blatantly and blindly dismiss them, I'd be a bigger fool than being open to everything without becomming gullible either.

So do everything you can to get answers by performing video and audio recordings. And better yet, make sure your family KNOWS you're doing that. If the money then magically stop dissapearing, You may have an answer as to why! =)

If they STILL dissapear and both video and audio comes up clean showing no activity, consult a.. a,eh.. what're they calling themselves again? Y'know.. Horsewhisperer but for ghosts o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    You're assuming that everyone who dies becomes a ghost, and that there is only one type of ghost. That's incorrect, on both counts. There are positive, neutral, and negative spirits. Negative spirits are the most rare. They'd be the one taking the money.
    also how would you even know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    keeping money in a tin case sounds pretty strange. Just as strange as checking on it every 2 days. I don't believe this story tbh.
    I know people who put money in plastic bags, then put the plastic bag into a pile of meat, which they'd wrap with paper and store at the bottom of a locked chest freezer in their basement. Keeping it in a tin is nowhere near as odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you assume that? We're talking about something that we know nothing about, we can't assume how they act or how they wouldn't if they existed or not.
    Am I going to have to be in this thread for the long haul? xD I sure hope not. Strange things happen in our world, I cannot prove with 100% that ghosts do not exist in the same way I cannot prove that we are not all currently plugged into the Matrix. I think because of lack of real evidence, that they do not. I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise if you believe that something is credible just because it cannot be proven to be false. I should note that you're much easier to steal from because you'll accept that maybe it was a supernatural cause.

Deleted
    Maybe the OP is a a crack addict, or maybe he was saving up money to buy gun and kill people. It could've also been "hooker" money. Would that be a negative spirit too? Grow up people :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    If they STILL dissapear and both video and audio comes up clean showing no activity, consult a.. a,eh.. what're they calling themselves again? Y'know.. Horsewhisperer but for ghosts o.O
    Paranormal investigator is the term you're looking for.

@ Heltoray. How do I know that not everyone becomes a spirit, or that there are different types?

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 03:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    Maybe the OP is a a crack addict, or maybe he was saving up money to buy gun and kill people. It could've also been "hooker" money. Would that be a negative spirit too? Grow up people :P
    Those are possibilities, but I'm fairly certain that Viz isn't a crack addict or psychotic. (Not like guns cost much anyways. You could get a decent handgun and enough ammo to take out a small town for $500.) When it comes to paranormal things, I assume that the person is telling the truth until proven otherwise, because I've had tons of encounters with the paranormal myself.

(Also, don't insult people. It isn't nice.)

Deleted

@ Heltoray. How do I know that not everyone becomes a spirit, or that there are different types?
    Right! Thanks, I've not slept last night (09:24am here..) so my memory of more advanced words is slipping under my eyelids xD

Thanks for clearing that up for me =)

I was checking on it because my dad had recently lost some money. I wanted to see if it would happen to me.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Right! Thanks, I've not slept last night (09:24am here..) so my memory of more advanced words is slipping under my eyelids xD

Thanks for clearing that up for me =)
    Of course. I'd love to claim that I'm one, but I'm more of an amateur or hobbyest than a professional, lol.

exactly my thought. Nobody except the OP knows if this story is true in the first place. Let's assume it is, during the time he is out, we still don't know if there is some hole in his thinking that he doesn't know anything about himself.
    Like when you are out and there is only one exit to your room, how would you tape the door from the outside?

I'm sorry to say that, but believing in ghosts is absolutely childish. And I will continue thinking that until I see solid and undeniable proof for the existence of ghosts. Which doesn't exist and hasn't been found by anyone in the world since... day 0.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 03:24 AM ----------

Those are possibilities, but I'm fairly certain that Viz isn't a crack addict or psychotic. (Not like guns cost much anyways. You could get a decent handgun and enough ammo to take out a small town for $500.) When it comes to paranormal things, I assume that the person is telling the truth until proven otherwise, because I've had tons of encounters with the paranormal myself.

(Also, don't insult people. It isn't nice.)
    That's the exact wrong way to look at things. You shouldn't believe things until you're proven they exist. See, if the OP would use "spaghetti monster" over ghost, 99% of people currently believing him, would just label him a troll. Yet there are about as many proofs of existance of the monster, as there are of ghosts. None. Not one single, half decent proof was ever found.

Jsut think of it. Do you believe in dragons? Vampires? Zombies (not the carribean ones)? Gargoyles? Oni? Angels? Demons? Pokemon?

exactly my thought. Nobody except the OP knows if this story is true in the first place. Let's assume it is, during the time he is out, we still don't know if there is some hole in his thinking that he doesn't know anything about himself.
    Like when you are out and there is only one exit to your room, how would you tape the door from the outside?

I'm sorry to say that, but believing in ghosts is absolutely childish. And I will continue thinking that until I see solid and undeniable proof for the existence of ghosts. Which doesn't exist and hasn't been found by anyone in the world since... day 0.
    I'm going to start sounding crazy here, but I just want to throw out ideas to see what you guys think about it.

If they lived in another dimension, assumingly, we wouldn't be able to see them. I mean I know this isn't the first ghost thread on MMO-C and this isn't the first time someone's linked this video, but here again:

Maybe we just won't know until the technology gets that far. It's fair to say that it's childish to believe in ghosts, I don't take offense to that, and that believing in ghosts is just as crazy as believing in Santa Claus. But I'm not going to deny what happened to myself, and it's a stretch to ask anyone to believe me. I'm just here to share what I experienced.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the exact wrong way to look at things. You shouldn't believe things until you're proven they exist. See, if the OP would use "spaghetti monster" over ghost, 99% of people currently believing him, would just label him a troll. Yet there are about as many proofs of existance of the monster, as there are of ghosts. None. Not one single, half decent proof was ever found.

Jsut think of it. Do you believe in dragons? Vampires? Zombies (not the carribean ones)? Gargoyles? Oni? Angels? Demons? Pokemon?
    Are you trying to suggest Pokemon don't exist? You had me up until that point.