Exclamation No way, drunkenvalley asks for feedback!

So I'm planning a computer here...

I'll be ordering everything from dustinhome.no, since komplett.no overall is a fair bit more expensive, and Corsair are fantastic as far as support goes if anything goes wrong. That said, here's my list of components, and I'd love some response to check I'm not doing something extraordinarily stupid here or something.

Case: Corsair 600T
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    Mobo: P8Z77-V Deluxe (for double antennas)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8 GB
    SSD: Corsair Force 3 240 GB
    GPU: EVGA GTX 680 (reference) (got two... o.o)
    PSU: Corsair AX 650...

Couple of quick comments:
    1. The GTX 680 is a fair bit more expensive than I'd like compared to an HD 7970, the price of which is surprisingly low now, and the stock is still rubbish for nVidia's lineup...
    2. I really need wifi. There's no way around it in this house presently, I'm afraid. I'm not sure how good Asus' wifi is on these motherboards however. Anyone know?
    3. No CPU cooler has been mentioned as I plan to watercool everything, by modding in space for a slim 360 and a mid-size 240.
    4. I don't -have- a budget. I'm pretty open to go as I please with this one, for various reasons. But I don't want to be stupid, nor create a lot of unnecessary headaches (SLI/CFX)...

So... thoughts and/or ideas?

EDIT: Two GTX 680s happened to float my way, so to speak...
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-06-23 at 05:43 PM.

With budget that high, would take 4x4GB RAM kit "just in case" and to make sure you have no problems later installing it or fitting with the other casemodding theme. Also since you're water cooling, make sure you get graphics card that's supported for it. Or premade water cooled card to save some troubles and headaches.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Why not get a separate wifi card if you are worried about the built in one?

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    With budget that high, would take 4x4GB RAM kit "just in case" and to make sure you have no problems later installing it or fitting with the other casemodding theme. Also since you're water cooling, make sure you get graphics card that's supported for it. Or premade water cooled card to save some troubles and headaches.
    I could get that much RAM, but I just don't see a necessity for it. That said, isn't there an arbitrary RAM limit of about 16GB in Windows 7 Home Premium? I could always grab Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate and get 8GB sticks through the entire bank though, I suppose.

As for graphics card, I wound up with a little surprise package today. A guy on a Norwegian discussion board was going to sell a pair of GTX 680s. I didn't give a damn until I saw that he was selling them lower than HD 7970s, and he lived literally the next town over, about 15 minute ride. These are reference GTX 680s from EVGA mind you, so no funny business as far as waterblocks go.

Exactly how I choose to use them I'm not decided on yet admittedly. Maybe SLI them, but he admitted that SLI was such a PITA to look at when gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Why not get a separate wifi card if you are worried about the built in one?
    Because either way I'm flying blind. The quality of wifi has never seemed to be relevant to what wifi we're using, and more up to the gods of randomness.

Windows 7 HP 64 bit only recognizes up to a total of 16GB RAM (iirc that also includes ram on the video card(s))

Why not a 3570K? You might as well get one.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-06-23 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I could get that much RAM, but I just don't see a necessity for it. That said, isn't there an arbitrary RAM limit of about 16GB in Windows 7 Home Premium?
    Point was more that since you're blowing so much money already and buying about the best reasonable set, why not go for the extra step and spend the €40 to fill the RAM slots, then you don't need to worry to get to the slots under water pipes or anything if you want to add more in later. Win7 home is indeed limited to 16GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Windows 7 HP 64 bit only recognizes up to a total of 16GB RAM (iirc that also includes ram on the video card(s))
    Graphics card not included in the 16GB max.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Why not a 3570K? You might as well get one.
    With custom water cooling IB might be a liability since it has certain OC issues.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

That's true vesseblah. Wondering if I can be arsed to care about RAM-disk preparation if I blow money towards a full bank of 8GB sticks though.