Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Common theme on this forum?

So... I've been back to Rift for about a week, and in that week, ive been lurking on the Rift forums. It seems to me that every other post is about coming back to Rift, loving the game after coming back, etc.

Are you guys noticing a jump in players on your shards? I feel like this game may be just ready to burst into a huge peak. I know i subbed for 3 months as a "trial" period and as of right now, no way in hell do i plan on stopping, I love the game, i love the big rift battles while questing, you all know the system.

But as it comes to players coming back, the amount of people flooding in from Wow, and Swtor, im assuming (2 major MMOs) Is Rift possibly going to be the next big thing? and if so will that effect the company ? I mean reading up on Rift their is no gimme epics, or gimme loot. It seems like a Work for your shit system, which im a huge fan off.

Just looking for some thoughts from you senior gamers i suppose.

<3 Rift.

When a wild forum troll appears

At the moment there seems to be a lot of new blood, balanced out by a number of longer term players who are on hiatus for D3 etc until the expansion.
    Scott Hartsman, the Executive Producer has said that there was a sizeable spike in subs the day they announced the expansion. I think there's a good chance the game could explode when it gets released

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    At the moment there seems to be a lot of new blood, balanced out by a number of longer term players who are on hiatus for D3 etc until the expansion.
    Scott Hartsman, the Executive Producer has said that there was a sizeable spike in subs the day they announced the expansion. I think there's a good chance the game could explode when it gets released
    I agree. I personally know of 4 other people, not including myself, that have re-subbed on, or after 5/31, the day SL was announced.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

I've re-subbed, and as said above, i am "loving" it again, iv heard that leveling from 30-45 is abit of a pain ? anyone know why ? just hit 31 so not sure what im in for

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    I've re-subbed, and as said above, i am "loving" it again, iv heard that leveling from 30-45 is abit of a pain ? anyone know why ? just hit 31 so not sure what im in for
    The level gain slows down some, and the zones are a bit less fun. Scarwood Reach has a good storyline but the rest of the quests aren't so fun, Droughtlands is a bit desolate, Moonshade is pretty enough but the questing isn't great at all. Once you start hitting Ironpine Peaks that lull in the leveling alleviates a little, or it did for me but that is because I love snowy zones. Shimmersand was a great zone too, which is a surprise because I normally hate desert zones, but it's because some of the quests are great. Once you hit 45 you can just do Instant Adventures and be 50 in a matter of hours.

Deleted
    It's been like that for a while now. I jumped from wow to rift in november last year. Had heard the bad rep "rift is dead" "rift is just wow all over again" but I got surprised that was just wowfans bashing the game. Sure, I can understand the leveling which is really boring if you do it alone and skip events that takes part in the zone. However, I loved doing the final levels in instant adventures and now they make it almost possible to completely level in instant adventures the leveling experience in Rift will be really fun, especially if the xp is same as it was 45-50.
    My second char I leveled through warfronts and I loved that, but I dont know how viable that will be after patch, most likely will go back to long queues since twinks are gone and most leveluppers will prefer instant pop of instant adventures.

I did leave Rift though, but since I'm a pvp player and also more interested in end game pvp than having to create a twink for fun, the end game pvp in rift have been more break than make. A long grind for gear with no sight of what the gear will be for. Also a painful grind there since the lower the rank on the gear in your team the higher the chance that opposite team will graveyard you or onehit you. I will return to check out the next patch, where conquest that is a bigger map of pvp with three teams is introduced, and they also lessen the gear grind a little and boost the stats to lvl50 people with bad gear. Hopefully it will be a fun patch for pvp players since I'd love to support Trion since it updates the game more frequent than any other. And hopefully the patch fixes an issue now when pve items are more powerful than pvp items. I think they will try to fix it by adding hit to the pvp weaps. Because GG if you want to both endgame raid and endgame pvp and can't play 24/7 :P

However, if you pve mostly then why play any other game than rift? If I liked pve more then I probably would never have left rift since it's easy to get into a helpful raiding guild and get your raiding nights that couple of days a week, and trion will for sure never slack on raiding updates =)

Seems about the same to me. After the first 6 months were up in Rift, I think the population basically settled. Unlike TOR where it declined continually till there was like 30 people on the fleet on day where there hundreds before. Rift isn't super popular, but guilds run comfortably for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    The level gain slows down some, and the zones are a bit less fun. Scarwood Reach has a good storyline but the rest of the quests aren't so fun, Droughtlands is a bit desolate, Moonshade is pretty enough but the questing isn't great at all. Once you start hitting Ironpine Peaks that lull in the leveling alleviates a little, or it did for me but that is because I love snowy zones. Shimmersand was a great zone too, which is a surprise because I normally hate desert zones, but it's because some of the quests are great. Once you hit 45 you can just do Instant Adventures and be 50 in a matter of hours.
    Ah well I'll see how it goes, iv just got into Scarwood reach now, doing a few warfronts now an then could make it abit better !

It seems there was a rather massive spike back around February once people were getting bored with DS, and with the 1-year celebration in Rift. But once that ended, seemed like the population dropped off a bit again. I do think that the pop will go back up especially the closer you get to the expansion.

And what Tarien said about the 30-45 is correct. At least, that's how it was for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Is rift the next big thing? I seriously doubt it is most of the TOR and WoW people are more than likely currently bored and as such when MOP drops all the WoW people will be back to WoW. For anyone left they will bail when GW2 drops. Rift just happens to be enjoying a lull between new content and another new game.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Is rift the next big thing? I seriously doubt it is most of the TOR and WoW people are more than likely currently bored and as such when MOP drops all the WoW people will be back to WoW. For anyone left they will bail when GW2 drops. Rift just happens to be enjoying a lull between new content and another new game.
    I've yet to meet anyone who went back to WoW for the content. For friends sure, but never for the content.

I tried out Cataclysm to see the new stuff. Probably will do so for MOP as well. Didn't have the time to play that many MMOs at once though. Being old as a dirt WOW was the first to be cut from my list when TOR and Tera showed up alongside Rift/WoW.

Seems pretty reasonable that out of millions of players a good number probably do check out the new stuff in WOW. Firelands intrigued me greatly, but again didn't have the time to check it out firsthand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry. But MOP is all eye candy and gimmicky mechanics/content . Wow has become a big business mentality; content is like buying cheap rip off of Gucci, I'm done telling myself the lie that it is the best game out there. It was the 1st and for some all they are willing to try because people don't like new things, they don't like change (for most).

This was said back when Rift launched and it wasn't true then and it won't be true now. Rift is here to stay, gotta deal with it.

Slightly amusing to ask "Is BLANK the next big thing" when BLANK is a year old already, profitable and moving toward it's first expansion where many others in the market are having quite a few woes.

Kinda seems Trion are gonna be around for a spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Slightly amusing to ask "Is BLANK the next big thing" when BLANK is a year old already, profitable and moving toward it's first expansion where many others in the market are having quite a few woes.

Kinda seems Trion are gonna be around for a spell.
    I enjoyed how you threw in that little "woes" extra. Cracked me up

But i agree with you fully.

the only reason i have yet resubbed to rift is cus im locked to annual pass in wow and will be raiding again soon

if there is 1 company that deserve every cent they get its trion, and im definitely gonna play again once the expension hit
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I have to say, the ONE game that i still have fun in is rift, building super rare soul combo's is what makes it work so well. sure, my druicar is very RARELY needed, but i love him <3 ( no, he doesnt push big numbers or heals, but he has a kickass number of group buffs!)

Rift has just done really well to sustain and more importantly, 'deliver'. The CMs and developers listen to the community more and release content regularly. It may not be as talked about as much as SWTOR and even TERA, but it's doing better than both imo - it's just maintaining those subs and even slowly growing.

I didn't play very long at release. I was pretty burned out of the whole MMO thing in general (played WoW since release).

I just recently came back and am highly impressed with my experience so far. It has some amazing programming and looks absolutely gorgeous (did they update the graphics since release? don't see how I missed it the first time).

I ascend-a-friended my GF and we've been playing and having a blast. Actually had a GM come to general chat last night and hang around answering questions, haven't seen service like that since my early EQ days. The new PvP system in 1.9 looks reminiscent of old DAoC - couldn't be more excited right now. Really deserves more attention.