Deleted

Question A budget graphic card for around £100-£150 maybe more.

Hello there

So i'm currently building up a budget gaming pc.
    I'm going to buy a barebones bundle pc from novatech, specs:
    Still cant post links yet

MOBO: Intel B75 Chipset Motherboard
    CPU: i5 3450 3.10Ghz 3mb Cashe
    RAM: 2x2GB 1333Mhz Sometime in the future i might upgrade this
    PSU: 300W Will deffinatly be upgrading this for a graphic card.

I already have the rest of the stuff, DVD-rw, HDD etc etc. I just need a good graphic card for around £100-£150 that will work in the system i'm building, but i have no idea what to get :S

I'll be willing to pay the little extra if it's really worth it. I play games games like WoW, GW2(for when it's out), League of Legends and some other games i play on steam.
    The resolution i play in is 1440x900 Don't know if this helps. ATI cards is what i've always used in the past, so i'm not sure if nvidia are any good. But I am willing to get a Nvidia card if it's better.

If you need any more info, post what you need to know.

Any help at all is much appreciated.
    Thanks, Dave

I live in the UK

Edit: If there's other ways to get better deals instead of buying the Barebones bundle please let me know
    I'm not too great a building computers. I can do the basic of installing HDD, GPU, RAM, DVD Drive. But installing the MOBO onto the case, CPU install etc is something i've not done before. But if it's worth it price wise. I'll do my research on that.

I dont need a HDD nor DVD-drive. I'll be using my current pc ones for those.
    Last edited by mmoc8f39200eae; 2012-06-23 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Additional Info

This is the tricky price range at the moment. £180+ will buy you a 7850 or a 560 Ti 448, under £100 is a no-brainer 6850.

I think the best card for that budget is a Radeon 6950 2GB. There aren't many around, but they're heavily discounted because they've been replaced by the new 7800 series. However, they're still very powerful and more than enough for the machine you're building. OCUK have one on offer @ £150 this week, which is a great deal.

If you need to go lower, Radeon 6870s and Geforce 560s are around £110-£130, but they look like crappy deals with cheap 6950s still about.

Deleted
    http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...roductId=49685

Free delivery too. I have personally had a bad experience with ATI so I always go Nvidia, drivers are generally more stable too.

Looking at your games list it doesn't seem like you need even this, i heard Gw2 actually wasn't very demanding. It's always better to future-proof your system as much as you can though.

Would look at upgrading to 8gb ram though, 4gb is on the edge atm, really isnt expensive tho, ddr3 dimms are cheap as chips now.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-06-23 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replys, much appreciated

I have decided to buy everything separately instead of the barebones. I found that I can get much better deals for the money i'll be paying. I'll have to do my research on installing all of these but I should be ok.

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 2500K 3.30GHz Socket LGA1155 - Retail.
    NOVATECH
    £164
    (I heard this is a really good chip for the price, very good for gaming)
    (Did my research, it supports my CPU and is very good if i want to upgrade further, like an I7 or 12gb RAM or something)
    (Cheap 8GB ram. Cant complain)
    (Cheap case, does the job /w PSU)

Even though i play WoW, LoL, etc the most. I do play other games like Skyrim BF3 etc. They can be more demanding on the computer, also when other games come out, I want the chance to be able to play the at a decent quality for a while. Before i need an upgrade.

I might go for the Nvidia card. just because i haven't use them before haha. Unless ofc there's an ATI card that's unrisistable for the price. I'll take a look at the Radeon 6950 2GB and the GTX 560.

Thanks again guys, much appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    If that means that you freed up some extra money, I would definitely invest in a new power supply. The power supplies that come with cases can be decent sometimes, I used one myself for 2-3 years, but more often they are extremely bad. And a bad power supply can take the rest of your components out with it. There should be some cheap power supplies. The CX 430 and the CX 500 would both work well. And Corsair power supplies are generally pretty reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.