Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[DH] Inferno Butcher

I can kill him, but on average it takes a fair number of deaths, which obviously makes farming him a losing proposition. My aim is to include him in my farm runs, so I'm looking for a hand.

The fan of hooks move he does is what gets me. It has no tell, it can come at absolutely any time, and it can hit me from off the screen. I use SP/gloom when I think it's coming, but it's often wasted because I end up dodging it, or he ends up doing a different move instead. Then I'm out of discipline, and it's up to the gods whether I dodge the next couple to win or not.

I've swapped some gear to go from 16k hp up to 25k, but it still 1shots me. I've bought a cloak and quiver which have +max disc, but I still end up running out of discipline for SP/gloom.

I'm running caltrops + tort, vault + tumble, spike trap + scatter (don't laugh, it's tremendous damage and dph), sp + gloom. Mouse is hungering arrow + devouring arrow and EA + frost arrow.

Damage is 23k.

I know that a different setup might be better, but of course you lose NV if you swap, and this setup is working out well for the rest of my farming run so I'm not eager to switch. Is there a certain amount of health to go for? Should I just roll a class Blizzard doesn't hate?

If you want to keep your same spell rotations go in with 32k health that will help you survive the hit , just carry something you can switch out to give you that extra health boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run with 36k health, 54% armor and about... 15% physical resistances, I generally survive it with a few thousand left over, a piece of gear or two focused on survival should do the trick.

Deleted
    get some all resistance or smoke screen it

Both your damage and health are abit low, get another 10k HP and 10-20k damage and it'll be fairly fine.

The main way i survived the fan hook ability at lower gear levels was hitting Smoke Screen as soon as he lunges at you with his hand, there's not much room for error but even if you do fail with 35k+ HP and a little bit of resist you'll survive and just use one of the health wells.

One thing to remember is almost always right after a charge he'll throw the blue hook to pull you in, just run sideways to avoid it no special abilitys needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    is that 23k dps with sharpshooter or without?

i run caltrops (carved stakes), companion (bat), prep (battle scars), smoke screen (lingering fog), hungering arrow (spray of teeth) and elemental arrow (frost arrow).

i smoke screen any time he does an attack animation towards me. i use prep after his charges if i have no discipline as i know he will either chain or cone arrow. kite around the edge as much as possible and use wells/pots as healing.

if ur on the EU servers and wanna watch me do it for idea's then add me fergsuK#2767 and i'll gladly let you watch my strat.

Deleted
    i dont know; there i 1 spell which can hit at al
    u just have to time your smokescreen on his fan of knifes thingy or just stay out of range

its really the eaiest boss in the whole game

23k is my damage without SS, with the NT nerf SS isn't so hot anymore.

It's not the grappling hook that gets me, that's easy to avoid. It's the fan / aoe type move he does.

As for kiting him around the room, that's tough to do when most of the floor is on fire.

Any tips on getting my dps up? I have a 900 dps rare xbow with dex and crit damage, and I prioritize dex, crit, and crit damage on my gear. I'm not rich though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    The fan of hooks move he does is what gets me. It has no tell, it can come at absolutely any time, and it can hit me from off the screen.
    Go to hell or lower and kite him while staying within range of the hooks, he definitely has a tell, albeit really subtle. Once you do it enough, you'll get the hang of it. Also, use Smoke Screen if you want, that way you take absolutely no damage, but if you do use SP/Gloom have at least 20-25k HP. I believe I can take 1 hit with it almost killing me at 20-21k HP and like sub 200-150 resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    23k is my damage without SS, with the NT nerf SS isn't so hot anymore.

It's not the grappling hook that gets me, that's easy to avoid. It's the fan / aoe type move he does.

As for kiting him around the room, that's tough to do when most of the floor is on fire.

Any tips on getting my dps up? I have a 900 dps rare xbow with dex and crit damage, and I prioritize dex, crit, and crit damage on my gear. I'm not rich though.
    I've not spent alot on my DH either i'm running with dual 1h xbow's with around 370% crit damage and something like 40% crit and maybe 1400-1500 dex, without sharpshooter i'm at around 40k damage with it 77k.

Personally i've been trying to stack as much crit/crit dmg as possible and getting the high dex on pieces which have neither stat which seems to be working quite well, combined with the scoundrels 10% damage buff for 3 seconds after critting i can down things fairly fast with hungering arrow, normal hits are like wet noodles though so i do rely on crits.

I don't know what you're stats are but it sounds like you could get more damage by getting some crit/crit dmg/attack speed (was nerfed but it's still pretty good)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Honestly, I would lose the Spike Trap and replace it with Prep+Back Up Plan, that way if you do have to waste a Gloom on the floor or the wrong hook, you can always refresh you DiS and if your lucky, not waste a Prep.. My DH is only at 23k health and 28k Dps with no SS. Im trying to bump the Dps numbers, but finding a reasonable upgrade is a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Honestly, I would lose the Spike Trap and replace it with Prep+Back Up Plan, that way if you do have to waste a Gloom on the floor or the wrong hook, you can always refresh you DiS and if your lucky, not waste a Prep.. My DH is only at 23k health and 28k Dps with no SS. Im trying to bump the Dps numbers, but finding a reasonable upgrade is a pain in the butt.
    I also recommend using Prep with either that rune or battle wounds. Also some resist gear or extra armor would help. I have 25k health and if I get hit I still have about 10k left.

And a quick note. He often throws the fan of hooks after a charge.

As in near 100% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

If you can, getting your dps up to about 50-60k you can stand in melee range, spam Lingering fog and glass cannon him to death. He won't do anything other than melee/fire/charge if you're in melee range.

10+ Year Old Account
    first of all, i do not play DH. I have a friend who does. He had you problem on hell Rakanoth. He insisted that I do not help him, and he did not want to upgrade his gear on AH.
    What he did was, he learned the mob`s attack sequence, he learned the animation of the teleport and when he does it. after he did that he could smoke screen every atk that would 1 shot him. Try doing the same.
    and second, if you cannot comfortably nuke him, skip him until you got better gear. farming runs must be very fast and efficient, because the drops are reaaaaaaaly really random, and in order to get decent loot you need to do many many of them.
    Hope this helps, have fun.

His damage is actually very high, i solo it on my wizard with only 11k dps (buffs and all) but i have 9k armor and 600 resistances, 1 shot him everytime.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

a 900 bow is kinda low.. i used a 1102 dps xbow before the patch.. bought it for 750k since it was magical .... try for a better xbow even a magical one can be cheaper and more dps.

yes im at like 23k hp and sometimes ill survive the fan sometimes not.. its really just rng luck and dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Butcher isn't a fun fight with 300-400ms from Australia.

If he does exactly what he's supposed to do it's just a tedious fight, if he doesn't then it's frustrating to say the least.

Usually it's just a matter of taking the fan of chains hit, dodging the charge which always comes after the fire breath thing and dodging the hook. Getting hit by the hook is certain death, getting charged is certain death and sometimes he likes to hook or charge randomly without telegraphing it with the fire breath, which is certain death.

I also found that I could never keep him off screen or partially off screen as it would mean i'd have to be near the edge of the room, which means I die to the charge even when running as soon as the charge is telegraphed, latency ftw!!! My only option is to kite around the center and hope I don't RNG shitty floor fires or get a lag spike.

There are few things in D3 that are as enfuriating as being charged, rubber banding back on the death screen to the wall or seeing the hook animation swing past a good 3/4 body widths away and then being hooked anyway.

This fight isn't possible with 500+ ms which I know some people have, and also not possible if you get a lag spike. Also if the servers are feeling shit and my ping creeps up to the mid 400's i have to wait and hope my NV stacks dont drop before my ping fixes itself, if they drop I log and play something better.

I can't even fathom how anyone not in the US or EU with near perfect stability would even consider playing hardcore.

Deleted
    Well dude, honestly 23k dps is just very low. Use Archery / Sharspshooter / Steady Aim as passives. Swap Vault or Spike Trap with Marked for Death, Mortal Enemy. Elemental Arrow Ball Lightning rune is better than Frost Arrow, because it can hit and crit multiple times each projectile.

Running SS vault prep Mark (mortal enemy) and dumping tentacles, he shouldnt be a problem. Just vault around the edges and unload while hes catching up, keep your range
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^