View Poll Results: Should Blizzard add a Vanilla WoW server?

Voters
313. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 26.84%
  • No

229 73.16%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it was just the old quests and maps I'd support it because I didn't really mind them... but the actual grinding for rep/gear/gold/etc... no thank you, never again.

Deleted
    No. They should not. Bye.

Deleted
    no they shouldnt. while many people would love the idea, it in the end wouldnt work out, since classes end up getting pidgeonholed into certain specs. this wouldnt work anymore with the current community who has grown used to the idea that every spec is viable (ofcourse some are just weaker, but all are playable). and that just wasnt the case in vanilla.

so i predict that if they would ever do this (i think they wont) then these server would become empty very quickly agian since so many players will discover how lacking vanilla is compared too the game nowadays.
    ofcourse if they ever make one, there will be players who will play on such a server, but i cant image that that figure would ever even reach 1% of total player base over a longer period of time (ofcourse if it would be first introduced figures would be higher since people try it out).
    which wouldnt be worth while for them too set-up/support a vanilla server.

How many threads about this are going to be made before people realize that Blizzard has UNEQUIVOCALLY said No.

Honestly, its one of the few points that they've said "No" so definitively that there is absolutely no chance.

Deleted
    No...but just in case you aren't sure what that means. Here go check this website:

http://users.elite.net/runner/jennifers/no.htm

Deleted
    Don't see the point in voting no - no one who isn't interested in it would be affected by the existance of a vanilla server at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    People demand new as soon as we get new stuff, so no.

If it's missed that badly, just stop leveling at 60 and only wear level 60 gear.

You can then sit in Org and go on about how there is nothing to do, but if Blizz adds a Vanilla server and adds new stuff to keep it fresh, well you then have what we have now. :\

Deleted
    Nope, don't care about quests or any of the vanilla content.

no, compared to now days vanilla is crap
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

You'd spend a week getting to level 30 and give up because it's not as amazing as you thought it'd be, unless you love running DM and Scholo 100 times for gear for MC.

Deleted
    People who say vanilla servers should be launched have nostalgia speaking. I don't think they should since vanilla 24/7 is boring as f... xD you'll die for change.

Deleted
    I want them to add one just so that people stop asking about it.

i don't see any reason not to...if people want to play it and there's enough for a server they might as well do it...they may even gain subs because of it

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    How many threads about this are going to be made before people realize that Blizzard has UNEQUIVOCALLY said No.

Honestly, its one of the few points that they've said "No" so definitively that there is absolutely no chance.
    So they did for:

Both factions on one account on pvp realm

faction change

server/name changes (paid)

RL-money items and services

the list with "things blizzard said NO NEVER!!!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!" goes on and on and on

But about the "Vannila realm" idea, lets hope not, i remeber the last time the playerbase got a new kind of server people whinned hard about to get,

rp-pvp

opening of those realms was a fucking QQ fest, shitton of trolling, flamming and even more demands from players

4 weeks later 90% of those "OMGWTFBLIZZWENEED!!!!!! Realms was dead ans has been ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it would be a waste of time and resources and the population on the server from those interested would be incredibly low, more of a flash in the pan idea that would get old again very quickly.

It has been bought up and debated so many times now, it's surprising people insist on beating the idea like a dead horse with a stick.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2012-06-24 at 10:11 AM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Pelz View Post
    Don't see the point in voting no - no one who isn't interested in it would be affected by the existance of a vanilla server at all.
    Because creating vanilla realms will take development time and resources - time and resources better spent on the current game.

A vanilla server would be packed on the first week before becoming a ghost town within six weeks.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaug View Post
    Do you really think adding a single player option with the game prior to Burning Crusade would take a lot of development?
    It would be a lot of development but more to the point

These days elites out and about are somewhat rare, you cannot go to a corner of loch modan filled with elite ogres. Most quests if not all quests can now be completed somewhat easily at their level while solo. That is not my memory of vanilla, my memory of vanilla is having quests about fetching some tiara from an ogre hanging around in my quest log untill it was old grey and such (except with some classes)

The game simply was not designed for complete solo play. It could be done but the 'not designed for' part was obvious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    There is no reason to want a server with the pre-cataclysm questlines, unless you are a masochist.
    Except there is. Currently almost all world quests are about things that the cataclysm has affected. If you, like the OP, would like to see the lore after the events in WC3, you would have to play the quests that came first in WoW, which were present in the pre-cataclysm Azeroth. Therefore, if you want to play those quests and see how the lore has progressed, you would need a server with the pre-cataclysm questline.

EDIT: @OP, there are private servers running at all expansions, you can find yourself one running WotLK or Vanilla if you prefer.
    Last edited by Shadock; 2012-06-24 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!

Deleted

This video makes my feelings perfectly clear.

People would bitch that there is
    - No arena.
    - No LFG
    - No LRF
    - No achivment's
    - No Flying Mounts
    - No Rated Battle Grounds
    - Mounts at level 40 and 60
    - Amount of farming required for a flask
    - Poor balance between specs of certain classes
    - Not able to transfer there characters to normal realms after they get there shiny T3 / PVP Titles or Black Bug Mount.

No "vanilla" realms are a bad Idea. Where do you stop ? a TBC only realm ? A WOTLK only realm ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Because creating vanilla realms will take development time and resources - time and resources better spent on the current game.
    The kind of resources it takes to set up an already existing server would barely affect the time spent on new content of the current game at all. Particularly not if it was profitable, which you could try to guess, but not know for sure if you never try it. Just because you wouldn't pay for it doesn't mean no one else would. There are many different reasons why different people could and do prefer playing in an older expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    A vanilla server would be packed on the first week before becoming a ghost town within six weeks.
    As opposed to the current game, you don't play through vanilla content within six weeks. Private Vanilla and TBC servers do exist, and the people playing there do it out of preference - for more than 6 weeks - not because no newer private servers exist or because they are unwilling to pay for WoW. These servers however tend to be buggy, unreliable and against Blizzards eula, so ofc most people playing there would prefer playing on an original server, if they had the choice.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    People would bitch that there is
    - No arena.
    - No LFG
    - No LRF
    - No achivment's
    - No Flying Mounts
    - No Rated Battle Grounds
    - Mounts at level 40 and 60
    - Amount of farming required for a flask
    - Poor balance between specs of certain classes
    - Not able to transfer there characters to normal realms after they get there shiny T3 / PVP Titles or Black Bug Mount.
    The people who would play there would most definitely not bitch, because those who like to bitch wouldn't be the ones playing on these servers.

Also the list you provided is particularly bizzare, because many of these things are the actual reason why people would prefer playing on a vanilla server (although not exclusively)
    Last edited by mmoc1c05ad3992; 2012-06-24 at 10:37 AM.