10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to get the name of a good city builder, too. Something with technological progression from ancient to modern, but with less emphasis on combat. Something that challenges you to balance preserving your once useful but outdated districts and tearing down those historic buildings in the name of progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I'd like to get the name of a good city builder, too. Something with technological progression from ancient to modern, but with less emphasis on combat. Something that challenges you to balance preserving your once useful but outdated districts and tearing down those historic buildings in the name of progress.
    At the moment there is no such city builder, i look for that too. But you can try when release Rise Of Man and Ancient Cities since they will got advance trees like CIV got.

Looking for a side scrolling game that's akin to Mega Man and Ninja Gaiden. Already got 20XX and Azure Striker Gunvolt and I can't seem to find anything else. By Ninja Gaiden I mean hard as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Looking for a side scrolling game that's akin to Mega Man and Ninja Gaiden. Already got 20XX and Azure Striker Gunvolt and I can't seem to find anything else. By Ninja Gaiden I mean hard as nails.
    Not sure if it will fit what your looking for.

But try They Bleed Pixels.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Looking for MMO'S

Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a great MMO to play! I've been playing WoW since vanilla and just got bored of the game and i want to take a new adventure to another game. I've tried GW2 but that p2w game .. makes me sad! Just look at the personnal bank you have.. you need to buy GEMS to unlock a new tab or get 400G to exchange for gems and so on but not only that it's p2w but it's ruining the game. I've also tried Black desert online and it doesn't make me free to play it.. so .. any suggestiion

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering GW2 isn't actually P2W, since it's only bank space I'll disregard that part of your post.

You could try FF14, since it has a Trial account thing that you can try it out on. Or Swtor which you can do all the original Storyline adventures for free.

Quote Originally Posted by morzgore View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a great MMO to play! I've been playing WoW since vanilla and just got bored of the game and i want to take a new adventure to another game. I've tried GW2 but that p2w game .. makes me sad! Just look at the personnal bank you have.. you need to buy GEMS to unlock a new tab or get 400G to exchange for gems and so on but not only that it's p2w but it's ruining the game. I've also tried Black desert online and it doesn't make me free to play it.. so .. any suggestiion
    Selling space tabs is not pay to win.

Also Gems to Gold and whatnot is basically the equivalent of the WoW token except a much earlier version.

Also BDO has always been B2P so yeah.

Hey guys,

If you want a game that's similar to WoW then FFXIV is your best bet

It's much easier to suggest an MMO if you say what you're looking for. Games like ESO, SWTOR and GW2 have great leveling and casual content but not much in the way of endgame, BDO is a hardcore PVPer's paradise, EVE is a hardcore PvPer's/Microsoft Excel user's paradise.

Try FF14's trial, just be warned the combat is slower than WoW's cos of the 2.5s GCD, and early on the various jobs have few abilities. Past lvl 30 most start ramping up. If you like story content, it's built to focus on that and it offers a variety of ways to gear your character instead of being locked into RNG loot.

Hey guys,

I'm not sure how exactly GW2 is P2W, since you get a free bank tab for your mats and the crafted ascended gear you buy off of the auction house isn't going to make or break endgame.

I suppose you wouldn't like Warframe either (my personal recommendation honestly), since you can technically spend money on platinum and then trade that plat to other players for prime sets... even though you can easily get the prime sets you want if you put in the time (and no, you do not need to spend dozens of hours farming for it).

If you want a great MMORPG to play that is NOT F2P, then I'd suggest FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not sure how exactly GW2 is P2W, since you get a free bank tab for your mats and the crafted ascended gear you buy off of the auction house isn't going to make or break endgame.

I suppose you wouldn't like Warframe either (my personal recommendation honestly), since you can technically spend money on platinum and then trade that plat to other players for prime sets... even though you can easily get the prime sets you want if you put in the time (and no, you do not need to spend dozens of hours farming for it).

If you want a great MMORPG to play that is NOT F2P, then I'd suggest FFXIV.
    Can echo this if you are willing to throw down a sub. FF14 hands down.

However I did make a list for someone of some F2P games so I'll copy paste that into here for you @morzgore

Path of Exile. (Arguably the best F2P model out there of any F2P game imo)
    Skyforge. (Not the best model but it doesn't get noticeable imo)
    Wildstar (Not many players but still easily playable and I'd rate it's F2P model as the second best)
    Warframe. (Not a proper MMO but there is matchmaking and solo play)
    Runescape (You do have to throw down a dirt cheap sub to unlock the rest of the game)
    Blade and Soul
    Tera
    Neverwinter

Few F2P MMOs I'd avoid are Aion, Rift, Thanatos, Vindictus and City of Steam: Arkadia.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-13 at 08:01 AM.

I'm not a fan of Guild Wars 2's cashshop practices, but it's not pay-to-win. Just extremely cashshop focused, that every update you see with the game is some "items added to the cashshop" notes.

Final Fantasy XIV is great though, and have showed me how much I prefer subscription based MMO's over free-to-play or buy-to-play ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I'm not a fan of Guild Wars 2's cashshop practices, but it's not pay-to-win. Just extremely cashshop focused, that every update you see with the game is some "items added to the cashshop" notes.

Final Fantasy XIV is great though, and have showed me how much I prefer subscription based MMO's over free-to-play or buy-to-play ones.
    Yeah but it's cosmetic stuff. So it has no real impact on the game. I'm cool with that in B2P games.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

No point really. If you think GW2 is P2W, you can just as well go play poker on-line.

Any game that's free to play or even buy to play will have a pretty significant cash shop element because that's where the company will be making most of it's money.

I've played quite a few of them and of those I haven't found any that were blatantly pay to win. Additional inventory space or convenience items are not pay to win.

That said, I recommend the following if only to play and have some fun not necessarily to become your new "main" MMO.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Fantastic leveling and story experience, well worth a $14.99 sub for one month to unlock everything. End game is non-existent though. It is however, primarily a single player experience, but you CAN group with people there's just no need...ever, as you are leveling.

Elder Scrolls Online - If you like Elder Scrolls, and you like MMOs you'll likely enjoy ESO. It has a LOT of story and lore going on with a good leveling experience and good grouping options with lots of things to do. I can't comment on end game as I haven't ever been there.

Secret World Legends - Previously known as The Secret World, it revolves around modern day where supernatural stuff (vampires, werewolves, the boogie man, etc...) all exist and those with special powers combat them. Story and questing are highlighted as some of the best in the industry. Game play is pretty normal, nothing special. But it's free to play now. That said, the cash shop is pretty in your face. Others can provide more information I have't played the new iteration much.

Wildstar - As much shit as this game gets sometimes, first time players still have a lot to look forward to. Good story (IMO anyway) fun gameplay and great dungeon design and mechanics. The UI takes a LOT of getting used to...or downright revampin with mods and the questing is a little weird (WAY too many sidequests that give very little xp, with horrible xp scaling based on whether you are below or above the recommended level, so you are almost encouraged NOT to do quests aside from the main story ones to efficiently level). It's a fun romp, but doesn't have longevity, very similar to SW:ToR in that regard.

TERA - Fun action RPG style MMO with great animations and mediocre story, leveling is easy and straight forward through questing and little adventures that pop up and let you teleport to them. Dungeons and boss fights are fun with a group. Again, a fun romp, but IMO not "main" MMO material but very easy to lose yourself in for hours at a time as you're leveling up.

Now, as far as "main" MMO's are concerned to me there's really only one competitor to WoW for that and it's FFXIV. Sub based MMO, with a great story and leveling experience with your character having the ability to be any and all classes in the game once you meet the requirements to become them. Tons of content and looks fantastic. I can't really say enough about it so I just encourage you to try out their free trial which is unlimited and allows you to reach level 35 on every class that is available up to level 35 (some only become available after reaching a certain story point that is only accessible at 50+). Check it out.

Deleted
    There is none. They are all garbage. Even WoW is garbage this expansion.

Sure, sure, there will people who will argue against this and claim that some MMO with 100 players, is actually not that bad, but the truth is that the MMO genre is going back to the niche genre it was before WoW made it mainstream.

Try to accept the fact that the MMO genre is dying fast, and focus on non-MMO games.

And no, FF XIV is not above garbage unless you're a weeb who eats and drinks anime, then you will love FF XIV.

elder scrolls online
    final fantasy 14
    tera
    aion
    blade and soul
    black desert online
    star wars
    eve
    guild wars 2
    runescape

im sure there are more, personally playing black desert now, but i was playing ff14 for quite some time

Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    There is none. They are all garbage. Even WoW is garbage this expansion.

Sure, sure, there will people who will argue against this and claim that some MMO with 100 players, is actually not that bad, but the truth is that the MMO genre is going back to the niche genre it was before WoW made it mainstream.

Try to accept the fact that the MMO genre is dying fast, and focus on non-MMO games.

And no, FF XIV is not above garbage unless you're a weeb who eats and drinks anime, then you will love FF XIV.
    Why? The poster asked for MMO games.

There are plenty of MMOs. You disliking the genre does not mean the genre is dying.

Also to claim every FF14 player watches anime is just silly and personally I don't think you know what a "weeb" is. What that word means is someone who likes all of Japanese culture. Not just anime. It's essentially the equivalent of an Anglophile aka someone who admires England/Britain and it's culture.

If you are just going to go on the attack here though and go "every game is trash" and "this game is for weebs" then this is my only response to you. Especially when you try and present your opinion as fact.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-14 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why? The poster asked for MMO games.

There are plenty of MMOs. You disliking the genre does not mean the genre is dying.

Also to claim every FF14 player watches anime is just silly and personally I don't think you know what a "weeb" is. What that word means is someone who likes all of Japanese culture. Not just anime. It's essentially the equivalent of an Anglophile aka someone who admires England/Britain and it's culture.

If you are just going to go on the attack here though and go "every game is trash" and "this game is for weebs" then this is my only response to you. Especially when you try and present your opinion as fact.
    Spot on! If you want to insult someone for their love of anime, manga, and video games, call them an otaku! Although we western Otaku don't really mind that much