10+ Year Old Account
    Cuphead comes to mind mind when it comes to co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Anyone know a good co-op game I can play with my dad? His reaction speeds arent the best so don't want to play vs other players otherwise hots or overwatch would be good.
    We have recently finished borderlands 2 and play a bit of the coop on modern warfare 2 and 3.

I tried sven coop (built on the half life engine) but couldnt get it work.
    Like the look of http://store.steampowered.com/app/27...ombie_Defense/ and also http://store.steampowered.com/app/56...Reactive_Drop/

It doesn't have to be free to play but don't want to spend lots of money on a game I will barely play.
    Warframe perhaps?

Anyone know a good co-op game I can play with my dad?
    Good coop games are rare these days. And most FPS games are twitchy.
    I would recommend Factorio. It's great in multiplayer, and has no reaction requirements.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Anyone know a good co-op game I can play with my dad? His reaction speeds arent the best so don't want to play vs other players otherwise hots or overwatch would be good.
    We have recently finished borderlands 2 and play a bit of the coop on modern warfare 2 and 3.

I tried sven coop (built on the half life engine) but couldnt get it work.
    Like the look of http://store.steampowered.com/app/27...ombie_Defense/ and also http://store.steampowered.com/app/56...Reactive_Drop/

It doesn't have to be free to play but don't want to spend lots of money on a game I will barely play.
    Try Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2, with 2 being brand new. They are turnbased RPGs, so reaction speed is a non factor.

Deleted
    I think I need some single player game. I'm fed up with losing to bad luck or my teammates being horrible. Something chill that doesn't require much engagement. Can be oldschool or even childish, something to relax. It just has to be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I think I need some single player game. I'm fed up with losing to bad luck or my teammates being horrible. Something chill that doesn't require much engagement. Can be oldschool or even childish, something to relax. It just has to be fun!
    I play this when I want to relax. Gotta love free browser games!
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/kupo707/bullet-heaven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I play this when I want to relax. Gotta love free browser games!
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/kupo707/bullet-heaven
    Browser games can be addicting, yeah. This one isn't really for me tho. Thanks anyway!

Suggest me an impressive graphically game for the PS4 or XOne.

IRL life issues (work, studies) essentially kept me a frantic schedule for the previous two years, to the point that my two next gen (if not Pro) consoles were barely used for games for the...well...previous 48 months.

So, I have essentially 200$ to ''reward myself'' on games, to at least ''rentabilize'' the consoles. I would like a suggestion for a game with ''fancy'' graphics, that are however mostly console exclusives (Assassin Creed or Shadow of Mordor, while the kind of game I mean, I would rather buy them on STEAM)

(I want a relatively recent game, one that can be clocked in 20-24 hours. I have no particular taste in consoles games, except disliking sports games. On PC, I play almost exclusively Paradox games)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-10-13 at 09:56 PM.

on PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn, although it's a 60-80 hr game if you do everything
    Last edited by Koyoti; 2017-10-13 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    on PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn
    While I concede that's the kind of game I meant, I bought it (still have to finish it, but liked it. I have a nasty tendancy to get lazy on consoles games...)

Or again on PS4, Bloodborne, Last of us remastered, Uncharted 4 and Lost legacy, The Last Guardian (I loved it, lots didn't though)

Don't know much about XBone exclusive games though as they're mostly available on PC which is my preferred platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably uncharted series, maybe Farcry as well. I don't play console games -_-

I watched a friend play the newer battlefront on PS4 and I was honestly impressed, it looks amazing for being on console.

Uncharted 4, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Infamous Second Son, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank, Gravity Rush 2.

All PS4 exclusive except for Sunset Overdrive/Halo 5 which are Xbox One exclusive. There pretty much is no other AAA games exclusive to Xbone(they're all on PC as well).

Ryse son of rome looks sick, also great looking executions though abit repetitive but i enjoyed it.

It was a exlusive but later ported to pc.

Do I need to have played the last Deus Ex game to enjoy Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Do I need to have played the last Deus Ex game to enjoy Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
    Not strictly, but I would strongly recommend doing so.

Storywise, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a sequel that picks up half a year or so after Deus Ex: Human Revolutions.
    The main character is not quite sure about after what happened since the ending of the previous game, and that's a bit of a plot hook for DXMD to resolve.
    If you didn't play DXHR, you are gonna be utterly confused about who is what - but you will be if you played DXHR as well, so there is that.
    You'll just be confused for different reasons.

Settings-wise, the stuff that is going on in Mankind Divided is a direct result of actions happening in Human Revolutions, and I would claim a large part of the enjoyment of the game comes from seeing how cause and effect plays out. These games strong point is IMO the worldbuilding they offer, and by skipping the first game you skip a large part of the reason I at least enjoyed them.

Gameplay wise, both games are great stealth FPS games, and the plot is sort of just the wrapping to that. It is perfectly possible to enjoy infiltrating a bank, industrial building, sewer complex or mob headquarters without caring too much about why you are doing it. But I would claim it helps.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Been thinking of getting Alice Madness Returns. I heard its psychological horror rather than annoying Jumpscare horror. WHo has played this game and can tell me how the horror in this game is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Been thinking of getting Alice Madness Returns. I heard its psychological horror rather than annoying Jumpscare horror. WHo has played this game and can tell me how the horror in this game is?
    I don't really want to call it horror at all. More PS2-era platformer with a creepy story. I never once felt scared, but that might just be me. The story certainly is disturbing at some points, especially the dollmaker bit, and I don't remember any jumpscares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I don't really want to call it horror at all. More PS2-era platformer with a creepy story. I never once felt scared, but that might just be me. The story certainly is disturbing at some points, especially the dollmaker bit, and I don't remember any jumpscares.
    alright cool. Becuase I hate jump scares, I hate the music/"ambiance" they try to do right before them or any actual scary bits. But I like creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, too, hate jumpscares. They always feel so fake. Should only be used in non-scripted ways. Like if you decide to sprint around a corner and the monster is right there in your face then that is YOUR fault. Take Amnesia: The Dark Decent for instance. It had a couple of scripted jumpscares, but for the most part you could carefully tiptoe around the monster as long as you were careful. The trouble came with having a sanity meter, hiding the dark made you more insane, and insane leads to more jumpscares. Sometimes you had to brave the monster you knew rather than risk the monster you didn't.