The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabersus View Post
    Im looking for a action/fantasy RPG game -singleplayer or multiplayer doesn't matter- that is decent, polished, fun and has good graphics. Preferably it should have a wide range of character customization (races, gender, classes, sides to chose from, all the goodies), be immersive and have lots of things to do.

Hope you can help a fellow gamer! Thanks in advance
    Guild Wars 2 sounds like a good fit for you if you want to try an MMO. It fits just about every criteria except the last two, which are very subjective. GW2 is a B2P game that gets pretty frequent and solid updates. Immersion is really up to a person, but the game world itself is very detailed and easy to get 'lost' in. While you aren't going to feel like you are your character, you will get caught up in the game.

Other than that it's stunning visually, has a large focus on exploration, and costs the same as a console game. It was just on sale, might still be, so check it out.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Guild Wars 2 sounds like a good fit for you if you want to try an MMO. It fits just about every criteria except the last two, which are very subjective. GW2 is a B2P game that gets pretty frequent and solid updates. Immersion is really up to a person, but the game world itself is very detailed and easy to get 'lost' in. While you aren't going to feel like you are your character, you will get caught up in the game.

Other than that it's stunning visually, has a large focus on exploration, and costs the same as a console game. It was just on sale, might still be, so check it out.
    Thanks, I checked it out. Looks really good, but unfortunately I don't really have 60$ to spare in a game right now . Do you have any other recommendations?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabersus View Post
    Thanks, I checked it out. Looks really good, but unfortunately I don't really have 60$ to spare in a game right now . Do you have any other recommendations?
    If you don't have $60, you are probably looking at a F2P game to be honest. There are several that fit your criteria, but I don't think you are going to be satisfied. For instance, TERA is a beautiful game, with amazing combat, and it's now free, but there's honestly not much to do in the game after leveling and it can feel grindy.

Likewise, LotRO has tons to do, is incredibly immersive, but won't meet your visual requirements.

SWTOR is too restricting, graphics are like WoW in space, but the performance is horrible, and overall there's not a lot to do either.

Really you are going to have to sacrifice some of your requirements if you want another game and MMO's are the only place where you will find something affordable(free) right now.

PS - I keep going to MMOs as well because you make it sound like you want this to last a lot of your time. There are plenty of single player RPG games and indie games that you might enjoy, but they are not going to last very long like Skyrim or MMOs do.
    BAD WOLF

If you don't have $60, you are probably looking at a F2P game to be honest. There are several that fit your criteria, but I don't think you are going to be satisfied. For instance, TERA is a beautiful game, with amazing combat, and it's now free, but there's honestly not much to do in the game after leveling and it can feel grindy.

Likewise, LotRO has tons to do, is incredibly immersive, but won't meet your visual requirements.

SWTOR is too restricting, graphics are like WoW in space, but the performance is horrible, and overall there's not a lot to do either.

Really you are going to have to sacrifice some of your requirements if you want another game and MMO's are the only place where you will find something affordable(free) right now.

PS - I keep going to MMOs as well because you make it sound like you want this to last a lot of your time. There are plenty of single player RPG games and indie games that you might enjoy, but they are not going to last very long like Skyrim or MMOs do.
    To build on this,

You may want to take all KVs suggestions at once.
    Each of those games has something about it that is great. (although swtor is running from what made 1-50 great as quickly as possible)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I was just going to ask about TERA (and Rift). I really like your description about TERA, specially the combat system. Skyrim combat got boring after a while, specially melee. But I liked that you had to aim spells and arrows. I don't mind a little grind to be honest, as long as it takes me to different places, explore new regions, uncover the lore and interact with different characters.

Im not really a SW fan so Im not going to bother with that game. And yeah, Lord of the Rings looks a bit outdated, its too bad since I love the series.

Well, yes and no . I just want to kill some time with a good RPG game that offer me tons of customization, good graphics and a good story to give the whole experience an epic feel. TERA seems to be the closest things so far. I will definitely check it out.

Thanks a lot mate!

Deleted
    What game would you guys suggest in the horror survival genre being actual horror?

Been playing through dead space 3 and is looking for similar stuff, minus the action focus which kind of brought the game down for me. The first 20% of the game while still being on the infected spaceship was bloody awesome due to the atmosphere and a few well made jump scares but it really went downhill as soon as Isaac hit the planet for a number of reasons. Only other game i really played have been doom 3 back in the original xbox, so kinda lost in that section of games by now, tips wanted

Looking for something kind of like WoW I suppose..

I'm looking for a game (hopefully mmo) that focuses on doing dungeons/raid for gear, not dailies or endless grinding to level up, with classes/specs and what not.. I doubt there is one, but I thought it's better to post and ask, cause maybe someone knows of it. I love MP games, but I also love gearing up. Currently playing Defiance when it's up, as I loved Borderlands. Hopefully someone can suggest something

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    Looking for something kind of like WoW I suppose..

I'm looking for a game (hopefully mmo) that focuses on doing dungeons/raid for gear, not dailies or endless grinding to level up, with classes/specs and what not.. I doubt there is one, but I thought it's better to post and ask, cause maybe someone knows of it. I love MP games, but I also love gearing up. Currently playing Defiance when it's up, as I loved Borderlands. Hopefully someone can suggest something
    That would be Rift.

However, if you like shooters there's also warframe and firefall.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That would be Rift.

However, if you like shooters there's also warframe and firefall.
    Ohhh.. I've been really curious about Rift, but heard it was very grindy. (never minded grinding dungeons, just dailies and pvp) It always has looked interest though!

Firefall eh.. never heard of that one.. gonna search it up now

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    Ohhh.. I've been really curious about Rift, but heard it was very grindy. (never minded grinding dungeons, just dailies and pvp) It always has looked interest though!

Firefall eh.. never heard of that one.. gonna search it up now
    Rift is not all that grindy. The leveling is the same as WoW and the gear is the same as WoW during TBC.
    If you liked wow preCata you will like rift.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Rift is not all that grindy. The leveling is the same as WoW and the gear is the same as WoW during TBC.
    If you liked wow preCata you will like rift.
    I started playing in Wrath, and I LOVED it once I learned the basics. The only thing I really like now in WoW is LFR.. so I'm gonna have to check it out for sure now! (it's only $20 at bestbuy currently, why not?)

Deleted
    So I was in GAME (UK version of Gamestop) and they tend to have an uber cheap section for older PC games and two titles caught my eye, The Witcher 1: Enhanced edition and Dragon age ultimate edition.

I've played and completed Dragon Age: Origins before but not played any of the expansions or DLC which is what this edition comes with for a total of £5. (Note this was before DAII rolled around and smeared the IP with recycled environments, a dialogue system that would make Commander Shepard cringe and a dull story)

But then I saw the Witcher: Enhanced edition for £10. Now I've been meaning to try that series for a very long time, whilst this game is cheaper on steam at £7 I currently only have money in physical form and if I bought a steam card I'd be lingering with £3 in my steam wallet, and few games ever dip under that. (Though if anyone has suggestions for that last £3, do tell!)

So I have three options: Get Dragon Age Ultimate Edition for £5, The Witcher: ED for £10, or a £10 Steam card to get the Witcher and save those last few pounds for something else. Suggestions?

The Dragon Age expansion is alright, but the DLCs are pretty much crap imo.

Get Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 after that, both are amazing games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    The Dragon Age expansion is alright, but the DLCs are pretty much crap imo.

Get Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 after that, both are amazing games.
    Yeah might get a £10 steam card and the Witcher 1 (Only £10 or so free right now) and use the left overs for a game on a major sale like Red orchestra 2 or Altitude.

Though I tried RO2 on the free weekend, and I dunno if it's because I couldn't play the tutorial mission but the controls seemed fiddly to me. No I'm not a "CoD boy" (I actually hate those kinds of FPS where skill meets window) but I couldn't find any kind of "groove" in the controls. Maybe I just need more practice though. But altitude was good fun when I played the demo a while ago, simple but engaging. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: Will go for altitude, tried RO2 again but numerous server bugs prevent me from even playing the thing. Spend a minute+ on a loading screen for it to just flicker and spend ANOTHER minute+ sending me back to the main menu to tell me the server is full. :L

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 11:46 AM ----------

Well I managed to find an extra few pounds lying around so around £15 in total. But now I can afford Morrowind, so...The Witcher 1 or Morrowind? (My computer is unlikely to be able to play TW2) Though as far as I'm aware I might as well be asking what the meaning of life is!

EDIT: Scratch that, only £13.50. Double counted.

Double edit: So turns out there's not much difference between the demo and full version of altitude, weird. So looks like I've got £3 left over on steam (About $4-5), suggestions for someone who loves adventure/action/RPGs?
    Last edited by mmoc21a935316c; 2013-04-08 at 12:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking for a RPG smiliar like this:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/612815

..something that is not too chinese/japanese (i kinda hate final fantasy)

It can be as a this game (flash) or something difrent. But it must be more strategic like. (not pokemon)

And if by a chance not in this kind of grafic:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    try Legend of Grimrock

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just finished pretty much everything I want to do in Vanquish (I still need to beat the challenges, but I'm not feeling up to it), so I'm trying to decide what to play next in between my Monster Hunter sessions. So far I'm thinking of playing:

Hitman: Absolution - I want to get into it, but I'd also like to wait until I can pick up the HD trio so I don't get spoiled with better graphics/controls from Absolution

Alan Wake - I've played through the game once before on a different profile, but I'd be glad to give it another run through so I can play the two DLCs.

Ninja Blade - Yeah, I know, this is a low-budget version of Ninja Gaiden, but after watching a few videos it looks like it'd be fun for a quick play through

Bayonetta - More Platinum Games goodness <3. I've also played through this on a different profile and loved it, and it's been on my mind since I've just gone through Vanquish.

I mostly just need someone to pick one for me, but I'd be open to suggestions as well!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereAmI View Post
    I mostly just need someone to pick one for me, but I'd be open to suggestions as well!
    Try Don't Starve and LEGO Star Wars

Hey guys looking for an RPG to sink a few hours into. Some decent combat would be nice but just looking for a very good story and characters more then anything. Preferably something from the Ps2 era would be nice as I have just finished Rouge Galaxy and am in the mood to play a few more on the system

Like many of you, I have played WoW off and on since launch. More on then off, my subscription has probably been active 75% of the time. That being said, I would like to move on. It's a fun game, but all my RL friends have left, but I still find myself with enough free time to donate 10 or 15 hours a week to playing video games. I work 40-45 hours a week, go to school at night (online master's programs are a waste of time and money by the way), and find time for other activities as well.

Anyway, I am looking for a new, super fun game. Here is some recent games I have played and what I thought to give you a gauge. Anyone run into a game that is really fun? I am not looking for a 20 hour, $60 PC game (I don't own any current gen consoles besides Wii which is pretty old). I am looking for a fun game to play for a while.

1. Wow: Fun, but getting old. Same skills, same classes, same playstyle and story forever.
    2. GW2: No story, can't get any motivation to play. Haven't gotten past level 10. Keep trying new classes but none seem to have any depth that early and just bore me.
    3. SWToR: Wow, but less smooth and worse implementation. Love Star Wars IP, but I can't get by the gameplay here. End game is boring, pvp gets old (no ranked or competitive play).
    4. D3: Played for a bit, but it feels very grindy and the economy is seems inflated. Don't like farming the same dungeon 15 times a day.
    5. LoL: Played it a bit, may go back and try this one. People seem to like it.
    6. Path of Exile: D3, but more boring and super complicated skill setup