Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ...
37
45
46
47
48
49
57
97
... LastLast
  1. #921
    Which 3 f2p MMORPGS has got the biggest active community? I need a break from wow - tired of it - and want to play some other big one.

  2. #922
    Quote Originally Posted by maestrino View Post
    Which 3 f2p MMORPGS has got the biggest active community? I need a break from wow - tired of it - and want to play some other big one.
    I think maplestory is technically the most played mmorpg.

    But, if you want some thing more second generation, Rift is crazy active. Firefall is deceptively active (you can't really tell due to the low shard pop cap of 80). Tera is always pretty active. Neverwinter is always very active. I haven't checked swtor lately but I am sure there's a surprising amount of people there since they improved their model so much.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  3. #923
    Stood in the Fire dooffie66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark - in my chair
    Posts
    429
    Hey.

    So I am searching for a game for pc that is like the mobile game for android Zenonia 5 (<--Link) or any kind of game that is similiar.

    edit: Been searching for quite some time, and the only thing I found was mapplestory, and that is not quite my cup of tea.
    Last edited by dooffie66; 2013-07-31 at 09:35 PM. Reason: fixed link

  4. #924
    Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Hey.

    So I am searching for a game for pc that is like the mobile game for android Zenonia (<--Link) or any kind of game that is similiar.

    edit: Been searching for quite some time, and the only thing I found was mapplestory, and that is not quite my cup of tea.
    Whoa. That game looks like secrets of mana.

    Do you mean the combat system and stuff? or the art? like, more details needed.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  5. #925
    Stood in the Fire dooffie66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark - in my chair
    Posts
    429
    Both the art style, but also that like look from above. and yes the combat system. like melee and a few skills.

    also fixed the link. mostly zenonia 5 as it is a little more polished

  6. #926

    I need your PC game suggestions!

    I've tried almost every game I've seen on IGN or Gamespot, many of them were disasters.
    -By the way I don't find those gaming websites good enough, are there any other major gaming websites you can suggest?

    Here are the games I enjoyed too much while playing,
    I am open for anything though.

    -Dishonored
    -WoW
    -Civilization V (Along with Brave New World Expansion)
    -Assassin's Creed III
    -NBA 2K13 (Although I'm not very fond of sports games, just liked this one)
    -Disciples II (Old but gold in my perspective)
    -The Swapper


    Please shoot some suggestions parallel to the games I liked

  7. #927
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    17

    Question Any good LAN games?

    Hey, four friends and I are going to have a LAN party, and I was wondering if anyone knows some good LAN games/mods?
    We're pretty flexible on genres, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Some requirements though:
    Playable on MAC os
    The mod/game is free

    Thanks!

  8. #928

    halp pls

    ok so i may be searching for something that does not exist. What i'm looking for is a 1v1 VIDEO game(kinda like chess) where you have to think your every action. Kinda like chess but not really. Something with a ladder and ranking system.

  9. #929
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    ok so i may be searching for something that does not exist. What i'm looking for is a 1v1 VIDEO game(kinda like chess) where you have to think your every action. Kinda like chess but not really. Something with a ladder and ranking system.
    Stratego?

    I would probably suggest getting magic the gathering 2014 off steam and playing some pvp in that.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  10. #930
    I didn't see this thread (sticky blindness). Here is the repost from another thread:

    Can anyone please list serious/hardcore MMORPGs (I call them S-MMORPGs)

    S-MMORPG = Serious Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game

    Please list current games that still adhere to the core values of the original MMORPG genre (think EverQuest Classic). I struggle to think of any that haven't adapted or changed over the years to match WoW's Facebook, hand-holding play-style.

  11. #931

    Tired of WoW. Recommendations?

    Not sure if you're allowed to make posts like this or not (I believe you can't make what class should I play posts so idk), but just wondering if people have any good game suggestions.

    Basically I feel like my time playing WoW is very shortly going to come to an end. It's not actually because of a feature that can be changed like balance in PvP or new content. The combat system just feels sickeningly dull to me now and I just feel like it's incredibly inorganic and lacks spontaneity. I liked WoW's pvp because it's very easy and doesn't require hand eye coordination or in game spatial reasoning to be good at but rather strategic thinking. However, after a while, which is to say now, I've realised that the strategic thinking involved is very limited and as you get closer and closer to the skillcap it becomes more and more boring and reveals itself as being quite shallow to the point where you're just trying to not make mistakes and keep repeating set patterns rather than being creative or innovative with what you're doing on the spur of the moment. This is ofc just my own opinion although I've recently realised that it is shared by many others as well and I feel like I'm just wasting my time in this game now. So I'll just list the games I've tried and if anyone can list anything else that might be worth giving a shot I'd be happy to consider it.

    Quake Live, Soul Calibur V, TOR, Rift, Neverwinter, GW2, Tera, Dota2, LoL, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, SC2

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Monksrus; 2013-08-02 at 09:01 PM.

  12. #932
    Bloodsail Admiral Carmakazie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The road less traveled
    Posts
    1,059

    Games to start a new gamer on

    I was talking to my friend recently, who is by no means a gamer. She has played two games in her life, being Little Big Planet and Death Jr. One being very good, and the other decent ( in that order) titles, but it got me thinking.

    What are games to give a person who is not a gamer, to get them into video games?

    To me, I think the best three starters are Mass Effect 2, Walking Dead, and Bioshock 1 (Infinite works too)

    I figure the best thing to start non gamers on are intense, fuckign excellent story driven games, Walking Dead being a perfect example, especially since it shows that graphics don't really matter if you have characters like Clementine and good voice acting.

    This scenario is totally hypothetical for the most part, since my friend is not gonna take the time to finish any games.

    What are you guys thoughts about what games are good to start with?

  13. #933
    Quote Originally Posted by Monksrus View Post
    Quake Live, Soul Calibur V, TOR, Rift, Neverwinter, GW2, Tera, Dota2, LoL, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, SC2
    Firefall, defiance, warframe, planet side 2, dragons prophet, dragonnest, vindictus, marvel heroes... maybe?

    Maybe end of nations too?
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-08-02 at 09:12 PM.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  14. #934
    Even if Mass effect 1 is starting to get dated in its combat, i would still recommend playing that before going into ME2, as it brings a better understanding off the storyline as well as there being a number of characters and moments that can change depending on choices made in the first one if importing a save.

  15. #935
    I haven't heard great things about defiance.

    Firefall I tried very briefly and I may try it again not sure yet.

    I don't know anything about Warframe.

    I vaguely remember hearing good things about dragons prophet and vindictus so I will investigate those further.

    Thx!

  16. #936
    Bloodsail Admiral Carmakazie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The road less traveled
    Posts
    1,059
    Kotor would probably be a good choice too. That was certainly the game that me a gamer

  17. #937
    By the way, does anyone know after WoW what the most popular MMOs are?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I played KOTOR when it came out :P And I played Jade Empire when that came out too - good times. Getting old now.....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    I was talking to my friend recently, who is by no means a gamer. She has played two games in her life, being Little Big Planet and Death Jr. One being very good, and the other decent ( in that order) titles, but it got me thinking.

    What are games to give a person who is not a gamer, to get them into video games?

    To me, I think the best three starters are Mass Effect 2, Walking Dead, and Bioshock 1 (Infinite works too)

    I figure the best thing to start non gamers on are intense, fuckign excellent story driven games, Walking Dead being a perfect example, especially since it shows that graphics don't really matter if you have characters like Clementine and good voice acting.

    This scenario is totally hypothetical for the most part, since my friend is not gonna take the time to finish any games.

    What are you guys thoughts about what games are good to start with?
    The best is always either Super Mario World or Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (or if there's 4 of you, Goldeneye 007)

    - - - Updated - - -

    But if you want really good story driven single player games that are modern then I think the Last of Us was meant to be quite good.

  18. #938
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,448
    Hey guys, getting a 3Ds next week and looking for advice on good games to buy for the system. I will be buying Monster hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem but I do not know what else is good after that. Honestly I am interested in anything and would prefer non-Mario recommendations (as people keep recommending it and i'll more then likely get it anyway). I like Rpg's but I would prefer ones with actual good gameplay as opposed to just a good story.

  19. #939
    Bloodsail Admiral Carmakazie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The road less traveled
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Hey guys, getting a 3Ds next week and looking for advice on good games to buy for the system. I will be buying Monster hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem but I do not know what else is good after that. Honestly I am interested in anything and would prefer non-Mario recommendations (as people keep recommending it and i'll more then likely get it anyway). I like Rpg's but I would prefer ones with actual good gameplay as opposed to just a good story.
    I have only heard good things about Animal Crossing. Plus, can't go wrong with HD Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64

  20. #940
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Stratego?

    I would probably suggest getting magic the gathering 2014 off steam and playing some pvp in that.
    well so far i am trying to choose between magic and starcraft. Which one is more pvp intense and which one is easier?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •