Anyone recommend a rpg game where I can play as a death knight type class? Also thinking of playing Skyrim and Dark Souls for the PC. Are those good choices? Also thinking of playing Binding of Isaac. Anyone played that who can give me an opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravok View Post
    Anyone recommend a rpg game where I can play as a death knight type class? Also thinking of playing Skyrim and Dark Souls for the PC. Are those good choices? Also thinking of playing Binding of Isaac. Anyone played that who can give me an opinion?
    yeah, i think you can make a great death-knighty-character in Skyrim, especially with some armor mods and stuff. frost magic, necromancy, spiky black plate armor,..

Good Co-op games.

Hey guys!

A friend of mine and I play copious amounts of LoL together, but we wanna try something new. Does anyone have any good recommendations for good co-op games?

We play mostly on the PC, but neither of us have amazing computers so very high end games won't work (although I don't know if there even are many top-end co-op games). We're fine with most genres, are willing to make a full purchase on anything reasonably priced if it looks good, etc etc. There isn't really much specific we want, just an enjoyable co-op experience. Any suggestions appreciated; thanks!
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Terraria and Magicka

Terraria I got to play with my brother, but we can't work out the whole Port Forwarding issue, so unless someone helps me with that (online guides didn't work) that won't work. We were hoping for something more user friendly.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Hey guys!

A friend of mine and I play copious amounts of LoL together, but we wanna try something new. Does anyone have any good recommendations for good co-op games?

We play mostly on the PC, but neither of us have amazing computers so very high end games won't work (although I don't know if there even are many top-end co-op games). We're fine with most genres, are willing to make a full purchase on anything reasonably priced if it looks good, etc etc. There isn't really much specific we want, just an enjoyable co-op experience. Any suggestions appreciated; thanks!
    I really enjoy playing Resident Evil on the Wii with friends. All pick up a remote and shoot the zombies! I believe Co-op works on the pc games too. But if you don't mind doing a little investment, the Wii U is great for playing together (but you do have to be together to use it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands (1 & 2) or Warframe if you like shooters.
    Smite seems rather fun too. somewhat similar to how LoL works, but probably still enough differences to feel new.
    Path of Exile or Torchlight 2 for dibalo-ish action rpgs.
    Orcs Must Die 2 and Sanctum 2 for mix of tower/trap defense and shooter.
    Magica and Trine 2 are both excellent co-op games too, but Trine 2 needs 3 people, and Magica is also more fun with a bigger party.

these are all (except for Borderlands 2) pretty cheap too, or f2p with decent business models.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Hey guys!

Borderlands 2.. you can buy it super cheap on sale(sorry you just missed one ). I have 112 hours on it and a good portion of that was co-op and I dont even like many shooters! My husband jokes about this all the time that he cant believe one of my favorite games is an FPS. Deadspace 3 was also great in that genre and if you like RPGs Hunted: Demon Forge was a great co op. Coming early next year Divinity: Original Sin will be great if you want a story driven older style RPG with decent graphics and turn based(but highly inovative) combat. OH! and if you like tower defense Orcs Must Die 2 is awesome.

edit: I see a few of my choices coincide with the previous poster and also agree with Torchlight 2 but heavily disagree about Path of Exile.. horrid game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    heavily disagree about Path of Exile.. horrid game!
    it's hardly a "horrid game" in terms of gameplay and production value and quality, even though i can definitely see why many may dislike it :P
    it can be very confusing and unforgiving for beginners - but i gotta say, it seems to have one of the most helpful communities i've ever seen in any game (or at least it did, when i played it in beta a few months ago)!

I tried to play Wushu but it was all in Japanese. Anyone else have any luck?

Regardless I just wanted to say this thread is the most level headed one I've seen in the last few weeks of trying to figure out which MMO to play next as well. I can't even think about how badly I want unchained to be here...now. I figured someone would have figured out how to do pvp/rvr by now but no luck and I've almost played every mmo since then. I kind of game up looking actually a few years ago but with Unchained getting some real (albeit low budget) traction I thought about seeing whats up.

I've played a little Tera (lvl 12) and if i'm going to get stuck with a soso pvp system i figure it might as well look nice. Stormkhan you got a guild or something I can humbly join until Unchained comes out? heh (seriously :-} tho if someone can pm him for me that would be great)
    Last edited by zoonlafa; 2013-10-26 at 04:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post
    today's mmo players don't like uninstanced PVP, it's why it died in wow
    there aren't 10,000,000 MMORPG fans out there but they damn sure pretend to be just that. as long as you give them instanced everything, a way to catch up, ports everywhere, queues, etc

the era of REALL MMORPGs is dead. what you want is wow probably, everything else is moving to purely instanced pvp because nobody really wants to do it otherwise
    You're wrong.

World PvP isn't dead and todays players still like it. I'd even go as far as to say maybe half the players would want World PvP if it isn't forced on them all the time and can be avoided. The problem is that that the other half who doesn't like it might quit and the ones who like PvP most likely wouldn't if offered other forms of PvP or PvE activites.

I think the problem with World PvP in current MMOs is not so much that players don't want to get ganked but small worlds. If you have 100 players in one zone, chances are good you can't get anything else done without someone attacking you. Also the AI is usually very poor so guards in the cities are easily exploited or even used by the attacked if you retaliate.

Large zones and a huge world or dedicated PvP zones would fix that(ex. Runescape Wilderness).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the next step up in the MMO genre, would be integrating console players and the PC crowd into the same one game. It would be fantastic if you were able to play with your friends that play on either the Xbox or Playstation on your PC.

Of course there are many obstacles as well as bottlenecks on the console side, but I am sure it would all work out. This would mean bigger overall world and more people you can play with. With the next-gen of consoles, I am sure this should be more feasible.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account

Raider looking for a game to raid in. :D

Well I hate to post this but my paranoid self HATES to waste money/time trying to get into a game..

Anyhow I am an Ex-WoW/rift raider and I was wondering if anyone could give their thoughts on a decent game to raid in with lots of stuff for down time.

Any and all advice welcome... perhaps some flaming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    [/B]
    That's been going on for years and years now.
    Not in any of the MMOs I have played and neither other genres. I don't care about the MMOs who no one plays, I am talking in regards to major titles since that's what matters.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So basically, "WoW doesn't do it, so it doesn't exist" is what's being said here?[/FONT]
    No I did not only mean WoW but range of other MMOs, including but not limited to:

WoW
    SWTOR
    Wildstar
    GW2
    Rift
    Aion
    AoC
    Planetside 2
    Star Trek Online
    Vanguard(?)
    Lotro
    EvE
    EQ2
    RS
    Lineage

EQN
    TES although the possibility for console version to come out is viable

need I go more? Much easier if you mention which MMOs actually do have this feature (of at least 50k players). Of course some I have mentioned would never come to consoles due their age as well as lack of funds/devs and even playerbase to support them.

Point being,majority of large titles should have this infrastructure. Look even Diablo 3 does not have this. Uniting multi-platform gaming IS the future.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-10-26 at 08:32 PM.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    My sole point being that more of the bigger developers should be implementing this feature. I simply rarely get to play with my friends on consoles.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    yeah, i think you can make a great death-knighty-character in Skyrim, especially with some armor mods and stuff. frost magic, necromancy, spiky black plate armor,..
    Ok thanks you. I need to get a few upgrades for my computer to run it near max settings with mods but I think it'll be worth it. I'm sorta burned out on the mmorpg genre and want to recuperate before Elder Scrolls Online comes out. There are a few games I will list that I would like opinions on whether I should give them a try or not for my PC:

Dark Souls
    Path of Exile
    Binding of Isaac

Basically a game I can play at my own pace and not feel like I have to rush or compete with others to keep up.

I've heard good things about Dark Souls. PoE is good if you liked D2 and a wide choice of incremental improvements (as opposed to D3 with fewer but higher impact choices). It's also free to play, can't comment on the shop other than to say I haven't heard anything horrible about it. Can't comment on BoI. I'd suggest at least looking at Darksiders 2. It's kind of rpg'y (in terms of talent builds) and also actiony (playstyle). Should be cheap these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravok View Post
    Ok thanks you. I need to get a few upgrades for my computer to run it near max settings with mods but I think it'll be worth it.
    i definitely think it will be. Skyrim is still one of the best looking games, given the right mods :]
    Dark Souls
    Path of Exile
    Binding of Isaac

Basically a game I can play at my own pace and not feel like I have to rush or compete with others to keep up.
    i haven't played Dark Souls myself, but it's very popular. it is supposed to be one of the hardest singleplayer games though, so you will die A LOT
    some people love that, others hate it.

Path of Exile is pretty good, too. you can play it semi-competitive if you chose to, but it's still a good game even if you chose to ignore the online parts of it completely. plus it's f2p, so i'd definitely recommend to give it a try.

don't really know much about Binding of Isaac, but i think it's one of the most popular indie titles, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchen View Post
    Well I hate to post this but my paranoid self HATES to waste money/time trying to get into a game..

Anyhow I am an Ex-WoW/rift raider and I was wondering if anyone could give their thoughts on a decent game to raid in with lots of stuff for down time.

Any and all advice welcome... perhaps some flaming?
    You've practically given the answers to games with decent raiding already yourself: WoW and Rift. There are very few games with good raiding content.
    I found the following list on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_(g...or_raid_bosses
    I hope it helps I'd rate a few of those for you, but I haven't played any but WoW, RuneScape and Minecraft from that list.

I fear, correct me if I'm wrong, that WoW would actually be your best bet... But, as I said, I haven't played many other MMOs, I don't know for sure.

Another thing: Thanks for advising me to play Thief, Wilian! It's a lot of fun! I also got Assassin's Creed 4 in the mail yesterday, it's very cool too.