Page 74 of 120 FirstFirst ...
24
64
72
73
74
75
76
84
... LastLast
  1. #1461
    Banned MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    10,385
    Not multiplayer but you can compete against each other in terms of score - Bloons Tower Defense. Fucking magnificent game.

  2. #1462
    Scarab Lord cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    4,810

    Looking for a New Name to Play

    Greetings! I am looking for a new game to play. I don't have a lot of games under my belt, so, theoretically, the sky is the limit.

    (needs to be a PC game, just fyi)

    I liked SimCity 5 for a few hours, but somehow it just didn't stick - if that makes sense. I like Civilization 5 as well, but burned out on it. Been an avid fan of WoW since inception.

    What I'm looking for:

    Building, creating, warring/fighting
    Stragetgy

    Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If there is something that needs clarifying ask and I'll answer.

    Thanks!
    The less you know, the more you believe.


    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

  3. #1463
    The Lightbringer Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wails
    Posts
    3,733
    Tried Towns? It looks simple at first, but there's actually quite a lot to it.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  4. #1464
    The Lightbringer Agoonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    3,125
    maybe minecraft, it has a lot of building

  5. #1465
    Bloodsail Admiral Orikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,097
    You could try the Anno series.According to your description you would really enjoy it.Anno 2070 (futuristic) can be purchased on Steam,while you will have to purchase Anno 1404 (or any other sequel you want) from Ubisoft's website.
    It received very good reviews,even though for some reason it never got to the attention of the main gaming crowd.From my experience with Anno 1404,its a brilliant product.Very detailed,and requires you to actually put effort into your city/trading/whatever.Similar to Civ except it focuses on towns/your kingdom.

    Edit

    A link for Steam.50% off due to sale,but it will most likely go down even further in a daily/flash sale. http://store.steampowered.com/app/48240/
    Last edited by Orikon; 2013-12-23 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Link to Steam.
    "You and I,Commander. War is our sculptor,and we are prisoners to its design." - Javik,Mass Effect 3.

  6. #1466
    Pandaren Monk crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,961
    I would have said Project Spark looks like a great building and crafting game, but it's not out yet and comes on the X1

  7. #1467
    Check out Terraria. It's on sale on steam right now for $4.99 (USD). It seems simple at first glance, but there's actually a LOT of gameplay there for such a simple game. I've got 82 hours into it, and I rarely put more than 10 into a game.

  8. #1468
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Greetings! I am looking for a new game to play. I don't have a lot of games under my belt, so, theoretically, the sky is the limit.

    (needs to be a PC game, just fyi)

    I liked SimCity 5 for a few hours, but somehow it just didn't stick - if that makes sense. I like Civilization 5 as well, but burned out on it. Been an avid fan of WoW since inception.

    What I'm looking for:

    Building, creating, warring/fighting
    Stragetgy

    Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If there is something that needs clarifying ask and I'll answer.

    Thanks!
    Minecraft sounds perfect for you. If you could find/setup a server with factions it really is awesome.
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-12-23 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  9. #1469
    I need a good 'old school' rpg.

    Something Like FF4/6. I just don't want it super anime hair and super emo heroes.

    PC, 360/PS3, Android Device are my possible platforms. I would love some suggestions.

    I've Played every FF10 and below, both DA games, both Witcher games, uh... lots of them. I'm looking for something indie/newish that I've not heard about or played that is a throw-back to that style without having it go uber-cartoon/anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

  10. #1470
    ok, so here's what happened:

    my friend tried minecraft classic (which is free 2 play), but he couldn't get it to work.

    he also tried runescape, and he managed to play it and leave the tutorial area, but his little friend was unable to make the game run for some reason.

    so my friend is still brooding.

    are there any simpler alternatives? he just needs a simple and fun game that can have true multiplayer interaction and with kid-friendly themes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Not multiplayer but you can compete against each other in terms of score - Bloons Tower Defense. Fucking magnificent game.
    I appreciate your contribution, but games where you can compete about score abound on facebook, so that's not exactly what my friend's looking for.

    still, I appreciate the thought, and I think I'll try this game later, since you are recommending it
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  11. #1471
    Epic! Deylana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I need a good 'old school' rpg.

    Something Like FF4/6. I just don't want it super anime hair and super emo heroes.

    PC, 360/PS3, Android Device are my possible platforms. I would love some suggestions.

    I've Played every FF10 and below, both DA games, both Witcher games, uh... lots of them. I'm looking for something indie/newish that I've not heard about or played that is a throw-back to that style without having it go uber-cartoon/anime.
    Try Persona 3 FES and Persona 4, P3 is a bit more anime-ish than P4, but P4 is pretty down to earth for the most part, and they're both pretty good and well-appreciated games. They're not quite your standard RPGs, but they're different in an interesting way. Can't really think of anything to compare them to.
    Meh.

  12. #1472
    I'd try Runescape.

  13. #1473
    Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    From my experience with Anno 1404,its a brilliant product.Very detailed,and requires you to actually put effort into your city/trading/whatever.Similar to Civ except it focuses on towns/your kingdom.
    Yeah Dawn of Discovery is a really good game. Looks beautiful too even thought it's pretty old now. It crashed for me on ultra a lot but I managed to fix it somehow.. not sure what I did though. Also the AI is pretty stupid and cheats a lot.. better than in Anno 2070 but still bad.

    From what I remember, when I played against hard enemies and they got a little too greedy or declared war on me, I just wanted to teach them a lesson instead of eliminating them as I was going for longer games and after burning down half their down, they never managed to rebuild it. It just sat there for a while, then the AI gave up and left the game.

  14. #1474

    Help me find a PC game to play

    Bored with every game ive played since a year back and the dead situation in WoW waiting for WoD i really want to find a new game that i can get hooked to :P

    I would like a single player adventure game with a good story, prefer if its very long our quite long and have some action in it aswell :P Something like Half Life or GTA and not to far off into Sci Fi things

    If GTA 5 was playable on PC i would have my game but for now, u guys got any tips for me?

    Im thinking of Assasins Creed(Its on sale on Steam as im writing) but im not sure how it is on PC, anyone got info?

    Cheers
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2013-12-29 at 12:43 AM.

  15. #1475
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Bored with every game ive played since a year back and the dead situation in WoW waiting for WoD i really want to find a new game that i can get hooked to :P

    I would like a single player adventure game with a good story, prefer if its very long our quite long and have some action in it aswell :P Something like Half Life or GTA and not to far off into Sci Fi things

    If GTA 5 was playable on PC i would have my game but for now, u guys got any tips for me?

    Im thinking of Assasins Creed(Its on sale on Steam as im writing) but im not sure how it is on PC, anyone got info?

    Cheers
    Assassin's Creed is pretty good, but most everyone will say that the third game is pretty crappy (by the standards of the series), and the fourth kind of loses itself, in terms of lore. I personally found the combat system to be pretty redundant and bland (basically hod block the whole time, then press one button to counter). My teacher loves the games and suggested me Dishonored, which I bought for $13.50 (GotY Edition as a Daily Deal), and she says it''s one of her favorite games ever (shes has posters of all 4 AC characters in her office, along with a BIG Dishonored poster, if that's any indication). So I'd say AC is a decent choice, but I figured I woudl add that Dishonored is there as well.

  16. #1476
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    Assassin's Creed is pretty good, but most everyone will say that the third game is pretty crappy (by the standards of the series), and the fourth kind of loses itself, in terms of lore.
    you mean the 5th and 6th games right?

    the third game is brotherhood and a lot of people think that is the best one of the series

  17. #1477
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Cheers
    if you like GTA, you should try Sleeping Dogs and/or Saints Row IV. the former focuses on a more serious story, while the later pretty much goes in the opposite direction.

    if you want a good fps, i suggest Far Cry 3, possibly with mods.

  18. #1478
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    you mean the 5th and 6th games right?

    the third game is brotherhood and a lot of people think that is the best one of the series
    Yeah, I suppose I mean it in the literal sense of III and IV, when the Assassins actually change. Of course, most people consider the first game average and the second amazing, while I think the opposite (to an extent), so maybe if I actually get through the series, my opinion will again differ from the crowd.

  19. #1479

    Team game request!

    Hey, people!

    I'm a member of a group of people that loves playing games together... But we've all got our own things to do, so our gaming together is mostly done in the evenings.
    A standard MMO doesn't cut it anymore for us; people grind at their own pace, after all, and you'll just spend most of your time... Well; not actually playing together. So we're not into that, all that much.

    Then we discovered Warframe, and had oodles of fun (for a while). There was most definitely progression, there, but the progression wasn't as steep as in a standard MMO. You could join up regardless of your level, and with a small team have some fun. But it did become repetitive, and try as we might, the whole 'potato'-system (where you slot a capacity increase in your item that resets the level of your item so that you have to relevel it entirely in order to slot your item's stats) became so tedious that we just couldn't go on.

    Games like Diablo are too... 'click-to-move.' As in: They're just not engaging; the character is miles removed. Rather than controlling your character, it feels like you're ordering the character around. So we're not much into that kind of gameplay.

    Which leaves us... Blank.

    So; does anyone have some suggestions on what games we should try?

    Thanks in advance!

    (Also: We're dedicated PC gamers. Not because we're against consoles, but because all of us at least have a PC. Edit: Also, we're not very competitive, so PvP isn't our thing either.)

  20. #1480
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Hi guys!!
    hi, and welcome!

    if you're looking for recommendations, you should probably try to better define the kind of games you're looking for. "like xbox and ps3" isn't exactly a genre, nor is "luck based games" :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Hey, people!
    if you have a specific number of people you want to play with, you should tell us how many there are. because many good multiplayer/co-op games have a party size limit. for example, Borderlands 1 and 2 are great games to play with friends and would probably appeal to you guys if you enjoy shooters, but can only be played with a total of 4 people at most.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •