Page 4 of 212 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantor View Post
    You could place a beam from your hand on your chest or forehead etc.
    Are you telling me that i could potentially be shooting laser beams from my junk? Cause that right there is a solid argument as to which game is worth your time!
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

Quote Originally Posted by Facedesk View Post
    Are you telling me that i could potentially be shooting laser beams from my junk? Cause that right there is a solid argument as to which game is worth your time!
    I don't think it has that level of customization in CO : P

And for those kind of options you need to have a subscription I think. You can't really do much with the free archetypes as far as I remember (with regards to power customization).

Deleted
    Yeah, as I said CO put me off a bit with the restrictions. Can't make up your own Archtypes and MANY outfits and stuff cost cash. Before F2P, like I said I could make an awesome wolfman, after...couldn't get wolf head, nor could I get a decent scarf that masked my face without looking silly.

Gonna try DCUO, it's F2P so I can always uninstall it later.

The only really bad thing I have to say about DCUO is that I am surprised that some bugs that were in at launch are still there. Mainly enemies getting stuck under the environment and becoming unreachable and thus unkillable. This is a horrible glitch for a game that requires you clear out entire waves of enemies before progressing.

That said, it's still a pretty good game and is definitely worth checking out. ESPECIALLY if you're a DC fan, but that should go without saying.

Deleted
    Level 8 or so in DCUO.
    Pretty fun, lack of a 'beast' power or weapon style was a shame but that's likely to be future DLC. So brawl/gadgets is fine for now. Acrobatics is fun. So far it all seems fine but it's blatantly a console port. The chat is fiddly to use and the default keyboard controls are all over the place. WIll keep playing, but I'll be keeping my mind out for CO if I get the chance too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    So far it all seems fine but it's blatantly a console port. The chat is fiddly to use and the default keyboard controls are all over the place.
    Yeah. I just started playing a new character in it recently (Ice powers with shield weapon) and I'm using a controller and I've gotta say, it's WAY easier than using mouse/keyboard. Feels like it was designed primarily with consoles in mind : /

Deleted
    Next time I play, I'll give it a bash with an Xbox controller.
    Reminds me of Dark souls PTDE. While it's a blatant console port, at least it -works- and is -playable- unlike most Console to PC ports. :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recently started playing DCUO, can someone give an example of how endgame is? What is it like?

I don't mind paying for a sub to get access to content, but I'm curious as to what kind of grind or 'forced' that I'd be looking at.

Deleted
    They all suck imo. They are also heavily consolified.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    Champions Online isn't "consolified" at all. I only recently found out you can play it with a controller, but it's not really set up to play well with that setup at all. DCUO, yeah. But not Champions Online.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does that even mean? There aren't 30+ skills you can use at any given time?

There are programs out there that allow you to keybind to controller buttons. I actually played TSW with a controller.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah. I just started playing a new character in it recently (Ice powers with shield weapon) and I'm using a controller and I've gotta say, it's WAY easier than using mouse/keyboard. Feels like it was designed primarily with consoles in mind : /
    That's because it was designed primarily for consoles (as in, they made it for the PS3) from the promo material I've seen it was also being promoted as a PS3 game (aswell as the site having PS3 info first)

I like the fighter style controls(of DCUO), if only they went further into it and added more combos

10+ Year Old Account
    I can say from experience that DCUO is a damn good choice.

Need a Game? Suggest a Game!

A lot of people pass through the Video Games forum looking for suggestions as to what game or games they should try out. This results in a lot of duplicate threads asking the same questions over and over again. Hopefully this thread will solve that problem by providing a "backlog" of questions and suggestions for those of you who may have already had the same wants and needs desired from a game expressed (and hopefully a satisfactory answer or two to go with them).

A few ground rules need to be laid out to cut down on the static and keep the focus on the purpose of this thread.
    • Be specific as to what you're looking for in a game.
    • When suggesting a game, try to include a link to its dedicated thread.
    • Don't insult or call into question someone else's questions or answers; we all have different tastes here.
    • Do not embed videos or large pictures. Links only, please.
    • Quote the person you're responding to. If the thread gets busy, things can get confusing.
    • Be open to new things. Your favorite game could be the one you've never heard of or thought you'd like.
    • As always, please keep the conversation civil and constructive!

Deleted
    Guess ill start.

I'm looking for a racing game, similar to the need for speed series (Most wanted/underground) etc but have not been able to find one. Have played Need for speed world a bit but the thing I like about them is just free roaming the cities and need for speed world was basically Most wanted + Carbon map stitched together, so it didn't have that fun exploration factor I was after. I've tryied games like Burnout paradise, test drive unlimited. Just curious if there is anything I might have missed

Not sure if im allowed to outright suggest a game without it having a correpsonding thread. But ill take a chance^^ Purchased a nice little 2D stealth game from Steam a week ago named "Mark of the Ninja" for 10euros and i would really recommend it to anyone that is currently bored or looking for something to play. These devs need more recognition for their work in my opinion =)

Frankly,despite its decepitively simple appearence..its an absolute master-class in true Stealth gameplay that puts most multi-million dollar modern "stealth" games to shame. Also..it really nails the western idea of Ninja's lol..for all the Ninja fans out there^^ Not to mention an amazing soundtrack.

Official Website - http://www.markoftheninja.com/

Small gameplay video (no commentary,thankfully) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDemmw6HhVI

Epic Ninja music from the game (for no reason,its just awesome lol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1APAnK5v_o

A must try for any serious stealth game fans. Personally reminds me of Metal Gear Solid and MGS 2..particularly the latter on European Extreme mode. The game really starts to shine when you unlock all the abilities and go for the hardest difficulty. Hyper addictive and alot of fun. =)

Deleted
    I could use a game to have on my laptop for offline gaming. That game trine 2 looks so cute, and might be a silly question but can you play it offline?=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Should make it a sticky.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I am looking for a good RPG. One that plays well on win7 without tweaking.

I am considering Mass Effect 3 but i never did finish 1 or 2. I have Skyrim and D3. I heard Kingdoms of Amular was good? Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Should make it a sticky.
    Some reorganizing is in the works