Page 10 of 212 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Still an RPG. I would say the Elder Scrolls series also, and the fallout games. All great games with great replayability.
    I'm just assuming he's like me and loves to play RPG's alone. MMORPG is vastly different from an RPG where you get to progress towards a goal at your own pace. I'm also assuming that If he wanted to know an MMORPG he would've written MMORPG and not RPG.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-30 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    Knights of the Old Republic 1 (2 is not so good)
    Solved: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-l...ent-mod-tslrcm

Deleted
    Prison Architect is a fun sim game, you design and run a prison and watch while everything goes horribly wrong D:

alsoe you should try the game edgeworld which is just a fun Free game on kabam.com or really any game on that website its all non violent as far as im aware some can be a bit boring but one you should definetly try is Realm Of The Mad God
    Last edited by EvilArcher; 2012-12-30 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    This isn't out yet, but when it is get ready for a mind bender not seen since Portal.

http://youtu.be/SS4r9Fq3beU
    That looks amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Baldur's Gate I and II.
    Definitely these two. There's a lot of replayability when it comes to the classes/races, with a massive crop of unique party members that can alter the story and easily open up enough personal side-quests to overtake the main plotline in terms of length.

The Disgaea games are pretty good for replay with their tons of characters and endings.

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross have a lot of endings too (CC has a ton of characters and a fork in the story depending on a choice you have to make) but the overall story doesn't really change besides the endings. Great games regardless. Final Fantasy X has some serious game time you can log via the Monster Arena and Blitzball.

Baldur's Gate I & II are great suggestions too.

Don't Starve is a great non violent game. You CAN kill animals but certainly not the main focus.

no mention of hello kitty island adventures?!?!?! really?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Looking for a 4 person co-op game.
    Was thinking about buying my friends who I game with and hang out with IRL a co-op game we can all play next time we LAN.
    We enjoy trading our loot with each other and building our characters up. We have already played Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, D3, Path of Exile, I just bough 4 pack of Dungeon Defenders but need more :P

Must be action kind of game, with loot aspect and of course 4+ player, not too overly price for one person to buy 4 copies, steam DRM.
    Thanks!
    Check out Magicka, it fits your description perfectly. It's got some interesting spell mechanics that might be a bit of a change, but in a good way.
    Would recommend checking out Angry Joe's review of it on youtube. It only costs about $10 and you can also get a demo from Steam.

Scribblenauts is pretty much the exact opposite of violence. The whole game you help people by giving them things.

Mirror's Edge is amazingly fun. You can beat the entire game without killing a single person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll second Civ 5. It's a management-style game that can be infuriating on higher difficulties.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really looking for a game, I'm trying to decide which game I own that I should play next. Mass Effect 3, Far Cry 3, or Assassin's Creed Revelations (and AC3 afterwards.)

The katamari games are alot of fun.
    I have beautiful katamari for xbox (original)
    I think there may be a newer katamari game but im not sure.
    It is one of the craziest games i have ever played.

Champions hands down if you are into customization and writing a story for your hero. DCUO is fun, even has some cool things champions could learn from, but I definitely prefer champions.

since ive played both games for an extended period of time i feel like i can give you my two cents to help your decision. prepare for wall of text

Customization
    DCUO offers alot in terms of costume customization but very little in body. you basically choose from 6 body types and a few minor skin and hair options(which you can change later on anyway). you onlock costumes thru gearing which is kind of neat untill you have that one elusive piece of the set you have to farm, then it gets kind of annoying.

Champions creation is the only thing close to what coh had to offer. but now that its f2p by perfect world. you have to pay for almost every costume piece in the game, that looks cool. you find some while leveling and you can grind the f2p currency(which you have to grind alot to get anywhere). but other then that its mostly pay. subbing to the game doesnt really offer any new costume choices either.

Leveling
    DCUO was by far one of the better lvling experences ive had in any game. altho quick since the cap is 30 and probably can be achieved in a day. the quests are pretty well designed with very few if any bugged or broken, and the log and tracker make everything pretty clear cut. the indoor mini dungeons at the end of most arcs provide a decent challenge and break up the pace of mindlessly questing. there are also bounty quests that you group for to kill named superhero/villians, which are never to hard to come by.

Champions on the other hand is probably the most dull and exhausting i have ever encountered. they recently revamped the grind but from what ive heard since i havent lvled a second toon it hasnt improved much. i think all they did was fix the dead spots where youd have half a lvl to go and no quests. there alternatives to questing now by mindlessly spam running smash alerts(a 4man grp instance). there isnt much pacing its just get 4 quests turn in, get 4 more that are pretty much the exact same objectives turn in.

Endgame
    DCUO offers a decent endgame. but since there are so many raids now it is heavily reliant on combat efficiency to do anything(gearscore basicly). you have to grind duos dungeons and solo content to get anywhere in the game.....you have to do alot of that now to be able to gear up enough to get to "harder" raids and dungeons. i use that word lightly because nothing is really hard if u understand the game, you can mitigated 90% of the damage on boss fights as long and you know how to use the block button. the bosses are decently designed nothing to ground breaking but offer some decent mechanics.

Champions has no endgame what so ever. the only raid boss they ever designed is thekel or what ever, and he doesnt really drop decent gear, just a unique costume piece and sub optimal gear. any end game feel to the game is done thru these things called adventure packs, and all it is, is story line that you can solo/group for that you can scale difficulty. again the gear is not as good as stuff you buy with questionite. there are alerts you can grind that dont really offer anything but questionite and xp or a buff to increase the crafting mats you get. theres vehicle battles that just came up but those are more or less the same as alerts....but with modable vehicles.

Skills Stats, and Gear
    DCUO is pretty straight forward which it comes to how you should gear your character for the role you choose. pieces are clearly labeled and its easy to see what you need and what you should look for. dcuo has two different character progressions. one being talent trees that you can put a select amount an your action bar to use. the other being skill points. skill points give you different combos with what ever weapons style is chosen(you have to choose a weapon and powerset). and there are also passive bonuses in each skill tree that you select depending on your role. achievements are directly related to how many skill points you have, i believe its every 100 your get a point. you can go down each tree selecting the passives you want. and in the end your goal being is getting every possible passive increase you can.

Champions altho recently revamped items....is still really confusing. you basicly select two super stats to focus on and whatever stats you choose increase your damage by an amount depending on how much you have. the goal is gettting 30% on each stat. but there are also like 6 to focus on depending on what you wanna do(crit, offense does the same thing as a superstat, dodge, defense ect...). after that you can select an archtype from a pre defined set or you can free form if you subbed or by a slot with money. most sets can do two things weither it be dmg/tank,support or heal. after that you can further define what you wanna do thru the newly impemented talent trees. the talent trees are nice and have alot of interesting talents to chose from, most of them are passive or happen when u activate abilities. the gear in champions i find really annoying even still after revamp..the qestionite gear are the only things that matter now tho, which i guess make it easier to deal with....questing gear is awful and still poorly designed.

Crafting

DCUO crafting system are basicly wow gems, but is incredibly grindy and you have to do the hardest raids to get the best patterns.....you can grind 24 hours straight searching the cities for exobits and probably only get enough for one max lvl mod.

Champions Online crafting recently got revamped. now it offers ways to improve the slots you have by merging and increasing stat values on the "gear" thru these things you pickup while searching thru the city or combining two pieces of "gear". its really confusing and hard to get started.

PVP
    DCUO pvp is probably the best ive ever played, once you get it down by understanding blocks and block breakers its really fun. it has a decent learning curve and is really fast paced and intense. legends offer you to play characters from the comics and is also pretty fun. the only downside is the fotm rerollers and hackers(which have been drastically reduced from what ive heard.

Champions pvp is mosly dead from what i have heard. its fotm rerollers with the best possible gear roffl stomping anyone that tries to join for the most part. it was fun for a while but after the gear revamp i think got killed.

think i covered most aspects of the game....hope it helps.

Deleted
    This is actually an old thread that I made long ago, no need to bump it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    This is actually an old thread that I made long ago, no need to bump it.
    But it's MMO-Champion tradition to bump several months dead topics with your very first post!

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Hey guys,
    I recently lost my system and changed to a notebook with a gt520m card, so i am a little limited. I'm working hard these days and very stressed out, so I just need a good story to lose myself in during my free time, a good RPG, FPS or action game would do. I especially like Bioware style games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc. I know there are quite a lot "old" games out there, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to play with that graphics, so Torment and Baldur's Gate are out of the equation.

Here are the sp games I played the past few years,
    Witcher 1&2
    Batman Arkham Asylum&City
    Dragon Age series,
    Mass Effect series,
    Space Marine,
    Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines,
    Diablo series,
    Gears of War,
    Dark Souls,
    CoD series,
    Metro 2033,
    Mirror's Edge,
    Republic Commando,
    KOTOR 1&2
    GTA series,
    Darksiders
    Assassin's Creed series,
    Mount&Blade series,
    King's Bounty and Heroes series,
    Dark Messiah of M&M
    Portal 1&2
    Neverwinter Nights 2& Expansions
    Painkiller series
    Quake 4
    Morrowind&Oblivion&Skyrim
    Fable series
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Jedi Academy&Outcast
    Dead Space 1&2
    Return of the Ring
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Hellgate: London
    Crysis series,
    Far Cry 1&2
    Titan Quest&Expansion
    Half Life 2&Expansions
    Fallout: New Vegas

I think that's all. Can you suggest me anything please?
    In the meantime, feel free to ask anything about the games on the list if you have the intention to play one.
    ac3 for the win lol