Page 11 of 212 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really have to recommend Dishonored to everyone. The choices you make in the story heavily effect the outcome and how people in the world interact with you. The story is compelling and the gameplay is fantastic. I will say though that it is really only for people with a good amount of patience. You can just go crazy and kill everyone, but you may miss out on some pretty interesting conversations that the characters have with each other. Overall the gameplay, story, and game world are absolutely top notch.

Recently I bought my old man a new TV and an xbox, because I know he likes playing some old games and shooters and what not. He enjoys a lot of the WWII shooters and just the "call of duty" type games in general. But the one game that he has enjoyed the most is Red Dead Redemption, he beat it some time ago but he will still get on that game and play. Heck he even starts new characters and plays through the game over. Since that is the game he plays more than any other I've been looking to get another game for him that is like red dead redemption.

I've tried some new games like Fallout: New Vegas because I heard it was a pretty good sandbox game like RDR. While i enjoy them and they are pretty good games, most of them just get a little too complex and complicated for my father. Having to deal with skills, over complicated menus and what not just ruin a game for him. He just loves to run around and have fun without having to be on a designated mission, without all the complicated mess and confusion. Now I'm not saying it has to be an auto lock press one button game, but simple is king. I remember when he first started playing RDR there were a few things that confused him but it wasn't too bad.

So basically I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any games that you could recommend. Thanks in advanced and sorry for the somewhat long read.

Here is a stretch, looking for a good hopefully more recent game (with decent graphics at least) that is either an rpg or rts where there are dwarves as a playable race and/or faction, will consider mmos as long as they aren't weird asian ones.

Games with dwarves I have already played so you don't need to mention
    Dragon age
    wow
    rift
    a game of dwarves
    both the warhammer and lord of the rings mods for total war
    Battle for middle earth 1& 2
    lotro
    Warhammer online

Deleted
    Hi,

I just got a wireless receiver for my PC, to allow use of my XBOX controllers with it, and I have my PC hooked up to my TV. I'm looking for a good fun racing game on steam that doesn't require too much skill (like the F1 simulators). Something like Mario Cart would be great. Definitely has to have Multiplayer. I played a bit of Forza 4 at a friends house and liked it, especially since you could put on things to help newbie players like assisted breaking and the green lines on the track. Big Screen/Controller support a must ofc.

I'd much rather something cheap, as I don't want to spend money on a game that the missus gets bored of relatively quickly.

Thanks.

Hello, is there any type of MMORPG that is set in the future, let's you customize your own unique character, let's you have your own house, and let's you do space battles like EVE Online? Star Wars Galaxies was like that, but sadly that game is very outdated... Plus, I hate lightsabers... :/

Hello, im looking for look-alike games....

- Wintermaul (WC3 map). Basically looking for lookalike game that uses top vision, mazer TD.

-Soldiers (another WC3 map). Dont know if anybody remembers, you were playing a sniper dwarf, you were playing in 2d moving top left right bot (like mario bros), you had to left click to shoot your gun, and right click to throw a grenade. your shots/grenades were affected by gravity making it hard and addictive to fight other players.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mic129; 2013-01-09 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mic129 View Post
    Hello, im looking for look-alike games....

- Wintermaul (WC3 map). Basically looking for lookalike game that uses top vision, mazer TD.

-Soldiers (another WC3 map). Dont know if anybody remembers, you were playing a sniper dwarf, you were playing in 2d moving top left right bot (like mario bros), you had to left click to shoot your gun, and right click to throw a grenade. your shots/grenades were affected by gravity making it hard and addictive to fight other players.

Thanks!
    Haha, good old wintermaul. I haven't been able to find any good TD maps/games outside of War3. I am also interested in your request.

Far Cry 3 is a must now. Planetside 2 looks purty good. Going to try PS2 this weekend when I have more time

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a jrpg with a decent girl main character that isn't ff13/pokemon/ff6/valkyrie profile/p3p and that is something I can emulate which is up to wii.

Deleted

New game to play.

Been playing wow and diablo 3, but wow pvp just seems unbalanced and i can't find any good partners, Diablo is just Act3 grinding which isn't to my tastes.
    I tried swtor but it didn't appeal to me, rift seemed good but no pvp arena from what i can see, the pve seemed fun, but i raided for so long in wow i don't want to get to max level then have the endgame pve be stale.
    Any suggestions would be awesome

Deleted
    If it's an MMO you're looking for, I'd say give GW2 a try

Deleted
    Have heard bad things about GW2 from a mate, but i could try it out if theres a free trial.

Deleted
    League of Legends for some pvp? or try Dota 2, different style of game i know :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltor View Post
    League of Legends for some pvp? or try Dota 2, different style of game i know :P
    Do both but keep in mind they are frustrating to learn :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Do both but keep in mind they are frustrating to learn :P
    i prefer LOL, because its waaaay noob friendlier than dota2
    beside dota2 looks beter(subjective) and you can play as every champion

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out here. I'm looking for a game to play. Recently I've had no luck finding a game that I stick to. I've been downloading new ones and buying some and I just can't stick to them, for some reason nothing spectacular has come up that's kept me playing and actually made me look forward to the next time I could start it up and play again. So I'm leaving my decision to you guys.

Here are games/types of games I will not play:

World of Warcraft - played it exclusively for years, quit 2 months ago because it felt like a chore to keep playing and also it's way too repetitive now
    Guild Wars 2 - own it, don't play it because I like good PvE and progression in a game, something GW2 doesn't have IMO
    Asian MMO's - hate them with a passion
    Sub-based MMO's - don't want to pay to play any more - buy to play is okay though (one time fee, have the game forever)
    Arcade style games - no side scroller's or games in which the only goal is to beat a previous score
    Shooters - because every CoD after MW2 ruined the genre for me

The kind of game I want:
    - a game I could play for DAYS (of in-game time)
    - single player or multi player, I don't care
    - I'm really into RPG's (specifically Skyrim, which I've played too much of now)

I know, I'm picky, but overall I just want a fun game that I could play for hours on end. Oh, and on PC only. Please let me know if one exists that matches my criteria. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Hey guys, maybe you can help me out here. I'm looking for a game to play. Recently I've had no luck finding a game that I stick to. I've been downloading new ones and buying some and I just can't stick to them, for some reason nothing spectacular has come up that's kept me playing and actually made me look forward to the next time I could start it up and play again. So I'm leaving my decision to you guys.

Here are games/types of games I will not play:

World of Warcraft - played it exclusively for years, quit 2 months ago because it felt like a chore to keep playing and also it's way too repetitive now
    Guild Wars 2 - own it, don't play it because I like good PvE and progression in a game, something GW2 doesn't have IMO
    Asian MMO's - hate them with a passion
    Sub-based MMO's - don't want to pay to play any more - buy to play is okay though (one time fee, have the game forever)
    Arcade style games - no side scroller's or games in which the only goal is to beat a previous score
    Shooters - because every CoD after MW2 ruined the genre for me

The kind of game I want:
    - a game I could play for DAYS (of in-game time)
    - single player or multi player, I don't care
    - I'm really into RPG's (specifically Skyrim, which I've played too much of now)

I know, I'm picky, but overall I just want a fun game that I could play for hours on end. Oh, and on PC only. Please let me know if one exists that matches my criteria. :P
    Dragon Age Origins (you can get the combo with Awakening, which is a seperate game, but almost identical, just a separate story)
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Mass Effect 2
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

i'm not 100% on the time for all of them, but they will definitely give you plenty to do. Maybe not to the extent of skyrim, but I prefer all of them to Skyrim personally.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2013-01-17 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Dragon Age Origins (you can get the combo with Awakening, which is a seperate game, but almost identical, just a separate story)
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Mass Effect 2
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

i'm not 100% on the time for all of them, but they will definitely give you plenty to do. Maybe not to the extent of skyrim, but I prefer all of them to Skyrim personally.
    I've done some research, looks like I'm going to give Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning a try. Thank you for the really quick reply!

Side question: you mentioned Dragon Age Origins, but not Dragon Age 2. What are your thoughts on DA2?

Deleted
    I don't play it myself, but I've heard good things about "The Secret World" and there's a megathread on this forum about it. It recently went B2P and apparently has good story behind it. I don't know about PvE progression, though. I hoped it would go down further than 25% off in the steam sale, it might come on offer soon, but I bought so many other cheap games that I can't justify buying something at full price and playing it right away when I have so many other games to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done some research, looks like I'm going to give Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning a try. Thank you for the really quick reply!

Side question: you mentioned Dragon Age Origins, but not Dragon Age 2. What are your thoughts on DA2?
    I absolutely loved Dragon Age 2, a lot of people had some nit picks with the lack of different locations, but as far as gameplay/combat it's one the better rpg's out there (and I've played pretty much all of them). I didn't list it because it's somewhat of a shorter game, if you do all of the side missions you will probably be satisfied, but the first time I beat the game I thought I was maybe 3/4 of the way done (had I been paying attention to the story more and not skipped several side quests by accident I would have noticed). Mass Effect 3 is another that sort of fits into that category, It's probably the best game I've ever played. People bitch about the original ending(s), and rightfully so, but up until that point, I couldn't find a single thing wrong with the game, and I'm very picky. I'd recommend it as well, but again, it might be a tad short for your liking.

I'm not sure if they have it anymore, but I got the KoA combo with 2 DLC's for like 12 dollars on Amazon, I believe it was a holiday special, but maybe you can still find that somewhere.