Deleted
    Crash team racing CTR ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I've done some research, looks like I'm going to give Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning a try. Thank you for the really quick reply!

Side question: you mentioned Dragon Age Origins, but not Dragon Age 2. What are your thoughts on DA2?
    Dragon Age 2 took everything that was great about Dragon Age: Origins and took it out of the game.

It did have a superior combat system though.
    Putin khuliyo

Avoid Marvel Heroes and their pay 2 win system. Perma 10% XP and 10% item find if you buy the $200 stater pack. Are you kidding me!

Started playing Kingdoms of Amalur, so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The graphics style reminds me a lot of WoW.

Deleted

Recommend me a DMC like game

Quality over anything obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja gaiden 1 and 2 are pretty hack-and-slashy.

There's also the Ninety Nine Nights games. (I hope i'm calling it the right thing)
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Quality over anything obviously
    God of War series. Bayonetta.

Deleted
    Need a good flight simulator for PC, with lots of planes. Microsoft flight simulator has to unlock planes, I prefer planes unlocked from start, or possibility to unlock with hacks/cheats, just to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Need a good flight simulator for PC, with lots of planes. Microsoft flight simulator has to unlock planes, I prefer planes unlocked from start, or possibility to unlock with hacks/cheats, just to fly.
    If you like combat planes, Warbirds is a decent one. Just have a decent stick for it. And don't expect to fly too well in the Physics mode if you aren't familiar with flying in general.
    Last edited by Gemini Sunrise; 2013-01-19 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Hi there! Looking for a total war/command and conquer-like game, any help would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Need an RPGish game, pref it to be similar to, Mass Effect, skyrim and a shooter like FarCry or Crysis or Gears of War
    (Dont own an PS3, but got xbox)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Need an RPGish game, pref it to be similar to, Mass Effect, skyrim and a shooter like FarCry or Crysis or Gears of War
    Borderlands 2 would fit kinda good

10+ Year Old Account
    Sup guys, my friend and I are looking for some really good co-op games we can play through and possibly make some youtube videos on.

We currently play DayZ and love it, we also liked Resident Evil 5 because it had a good storyline and involving co-op.

We've also played Payday the Heist, Saints Row 3 and L4D2.

Suggestions are appreciated but if you could, please say why you would recommend and why you think it's good.

Thanks!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Sup guys, my friend and I are looking for some really good co-op games we can play through and possibly make some youtube videos on.

We currently play DayZ and love it, we also liked Resident Evil 5 because it had a good storyline and involving co-op.

We've also played Payday the Heist, Saints Row 3 and L4D2.

Suggestions are appreciated but if you could, please say why you would recommend and why you think it's good.

Thanks!
    I recommend Sanctum and Orcs Must Die 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for a game I can play on my Laptop while on the train on the way home.
    * Since it is on the train and I dont always get a good spot, I have limited or slow mouse control.
    * My Laptop has a GC not suitable for gaming( NV QUADRO), so the game should not be that demanding.
    * I am into RPG and Strategy Games
    * I played most of the old stuff RPG(Planscape, BG, Neverwinter, .....) and Strategy (AOE, The Settlers, Civ...), so pls think a little out of the box
    Hmm i'm really into adventure games and I think they'd be perfect for your train commuting. Most of em aren't graphics demanding and the ones that are can be toned down. Some are pretty tough to beat but you'll like them if you like thinking Creamy Face you also mentioned you were looking to try some adventure games so these may interest you.
    • Miasmata - First Person Adventure. Beautiful visuals and an amazing narrative.
    • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - if you're into Sherlock. The puzzles are hard and fun.
    • The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinov - its only drawback is the voice acting, got over it though.
    • The Walking Dead's 5 episodes - They got violence but they're highly adventurous in nature. You'll probably like them even if you hated the series.
    • Deponia - a quirky and funny point-and-click.
    • The Book of Unwritten Tales - Another point-and-click. This one is full of charming colors and fantasy. Clever script too.
    • Gemini Rue - Also a P&C. Great voice acting + lots of film-noir elements. The gameplay could feel a bit tedious in the beginning but the story is well worth it.

I'd also go as far as mentioning Syberia 1-2, Broken Sword, and The Longest Journey only because they are pretty darn good adventure games. However, they're pretty old so may be safer to stick to the newer ones, especially if you're not into P&C games or haven't tried them yet.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Good WoW Alternative?

I'm particularly interested in MMOs at the moment.

I miss the old WoW days, I have nostalgia, I looked up some old music videos and just really miss the excitement of burning crusade / WOTLK WoW. Great great times... but that time is long gone =/.

MMOs I've played: Guild Wars 2 (maxed out and beat, got bored due to lack of end game) and World of Warcraft (quit after cata, just not the same game anymore...).

MMOs I've been considering:

1) Mortal Online - Freemium (Free to play with restrictions, otherwise $15 a month to get rid of those restrictions) First Person Open World MMORPG with limitless World PvP restrictions, kill anyone you want at any given time, completely ZERO quests after the tutorial, ability to take over any town as a guild, can even build houses / towers / fortresses in the open persistent world (other players can attempt to destroy your created buildings), can steal from other players / NPCs whenever you want, but if you're caught you suffer the consequences, you lose the loot you carry upon death, you can tame animals from rabbits, to wolves, to donkeys and horses. Game is rather glitchy / buggy, has disconnection issues, and is rather clunky to play, however.

2) EVE Online - Looks like something I could really get into, especially because of the "world pvp" and economic aspects, but I hear it takes days to complete the tutorial, months to actually be able to do anything enjoyable, and years until you're finally competing with other players at a more competitive / end game level.

3) TERA Online - It's going Free To play (Not Freemium, so all, or most content, is available for free) in a month and I've heard some decent things about it. The fact it has world PvP really really interests me, and of course the unique "aiming" feature is pretty cool (and is also in Mortal Online and RaiderZ).

4) RaiderZ - Free To play with similar TERA Online combat, people tend to say it's "Monster Hunter" but in MMO form. I played a decent bit of it (max level was 35 last time i played, and I got to around 15), leveling and questing is extremely grindy so far, haven't experienced ANY dungeons or PvP what so ever yet, so can't give it a final opinion, but I imagine the end game could be fun? No World PvP =/.

Still looking for more MMORPGs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterlin22 View Post
    I'm particularly interested in MMOs at the moment.

I miss the old WoW days, I have nostalgia, I looked up some old music videos and just really miss the excitement of burning crusade / WOTLK WoW. Great great times... but that time is long gone =/.
    Still looking for more MMORPGs!
    Rift has a stable playerbase and continually adds new content on a monthly basis AFAIK. The basic interface and combat is styled after WoW, but the Souls system allows for classes to have a lot more variability. You pick one of four base classes, then you get your pick of 3 out of 10 Souls (talent trees basically) to use at any given time. You get Quad Specialization that you can quickly change between that each can be made out of your choice of 3 Souls. Rifts and Invasions are somewhat dynamic events that pop up you can help with. World PVP happens between Guardians and Defiants, although you can now party with the opposing faction if you want as well. If you are burned out on WoW, I'm not sure how different this may be for you though.

Everquest2 -- Has gone free to play, and is still rather fun to play. I pick it up again off and on for several years now. Despite its age, the graphics are still pretty good, there is a lot of content, roleplay elements available, etc.

TERA Online is a fun diversion, but IMHO there is only enough content there for maybe 2 months then you will be bored. It was fun while it lasted though.

Another one to keep in mind in a few months -- Final Fantasy 14 relaunch is coming out. It's been completely redone and actually looks worthy of the FF name this time around.

I'm looking for some good collectathon games. Things along the lines of Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64, etc. I like to play these sorts of games after I get off of work. It helps me unwind. It can be new or old, and basically any console, or for PC. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I've done some research, looks like I'm going to give Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning a try. Thank you for the really quick reply!

Side question: you mentioned Dragon Age Origins, but not Dragon Age 2. What are your thoughts on DA2?
    Still off-and-on playing through KoA:R myself. Apparently the company behind it went under or something? That's what I heard. The game's amazing, although it sometimes feels like an offline MMO lol. Combat's fun, I really like using bows. Graphics are pretty good, and the sheer amount of LORE behind this game is just amazingly fun! The voice acting is top notch as far as I'm concerned. Every other character isn't voiced by the same person (looking at you, Skyrim!), and it doesn't hurt that most of them have awesome accents :-P You get your own house (or two), the crafting is pretty cool, if a bit limited, some of the weapons look freaking AMAZING, armors to me are...well, kinda run-of-the-mill fantasy RPG stuff, though I haven't seen the end-game armors yet.

DA:O and Awakening are really great games. DA2 is a shithouse compared to them. It's basically on rails, it mostly takes place in the same town, so not a lot of exploring to do. Graphics are arguably better in 2. Though 2 isn't near as moddable, if at all, as the first and Awakening are, and the latter two have some awesome texture mods. If you're playing on the console, or aren't a modder, I guess that doesn't really matter though lol. Many, many people were not happy with DA2, the sheer amount of limitations and arbitrary loss of freedom in some aspects pissed a lot of people off. If DA2 is the ONLY game in the DA series you play, it actually isn't half bad. But going from the first one into the second one...it's painful.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'm looking for some good collectathon games. Things along the lines of Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64, etc. I like to play these sorts of games after I get off of work. It helps me unwind. It can be new or old, and basically any console, or for PC. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (:
    SPRYO: SKYLANDERS! Man, I am so freaking ADDICTED to that game! Many things to collect, both in and out of the game :-P Cartoony, childish, but still really fun. Available on any console, I play it on the PS3 myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Deus Ex:Human Revolution would definitely be something you'd like. Dragon Age 2 also (it's a lot like mass effect, but skyrim type lore rather than space). If you want a heavier rpg go with Dragon Age: Origins. It's like Skyrim but way more focused (less fluff, and by that I mean being able to pick up forks and plates that have no use whatsoever). You'd probably like Darksiders II and the old KOTOR games (both of them are awesome) too.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2013-01-20 at 09:00 AM.