Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a Darksiders game, as I've never played one. I've heard the two are fairly different in a number of ways, so which one would you guys suggest I go for? What are the main significant differences between the two games which might change how I enjoy or experience them differently?

Additionally, are there any drastic differences between playing on a computer or on a PS3?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
    Darksiders is very story driven. Get 1, then if you like it, get 2. I'm not aware of any significant differences between platforms.

From a gameplay perspective, Darksiders 2 has more RPG elements and is a little bit more open world and quest based, while Darksiders 1 is more like a Zelda game. They both play very similarly though.

A friend of mine recently found a girlfriend who made him choose between his consoles or A LOT of sex.
    He chose the latter one, so he decided to sell me his old Nintendo DS, Gamecube and PS2 for a relatively low price.

Now all I need is a list of really awesome games for these consoles.
    The ones I've tried so far are:
    DS: Dragon Quest 9, Chrono Trigger, Mario Kart DS, Rune Factory 3
    GC: Mario Party 4, Tales of Symphonia
    PS2: Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Final Fantasy 10

I'm mostly interested in games that have a relatively high playtime. (4-5 hour long shooters are not really my thing.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    A friend of mine recently found a girlfriend who made him choose between his consoles or A LOT of sex.
    He chose the latter one, so he decided to sell me his old Nintendo DS, Gamecube and PS2 for a relatively low price.

I'm mostly interested in games that have a relatively high playtime. (4-5 hour long shooters are not really my thing.)

Final fantasy X2 and if you can find a copy of legend of the dragoon (originally for playstation but you can play it on PS2 I think) get that.

Legend of the dragoon is awesome.

Luigis Mansion for GC and Finaly fantasy crystal chronicles for GC

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Final fantasy X2 and if you can find a copy of legend of the dragoon (originally for playstation but you can play it on PS2 I think) get that.

Legend of the dragoon is awesome.

Luigis Mansion for GC and Finaly fantasy crystal chronicles for GC

If you have a PS3 you can get Legend of Dragoon from the PSN for $6.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post

For PS2, try out Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. I put in around 250-300 hours on that game easily. It's a funny, quirky game worth checking out. Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant are definitely worth checking out, as is the Xenosaga trilogy.

For GameCube, pick up Legend of Zelda Windwaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys Lately I've been having a hard time finding something to play, what I'd like is a good fantasy rpg, singleplayer, with good char customization and a decent combat system, average graphics nothing to extreme, the reason I'm having a very hard time finding something new is because i think I might have played everything that looks interesting ill try and list most of it.

Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon age 1 and 2 , Mass effect, titan quest, divinity 2, risen 1 and 2, Arx Fatalis, Kingdom of Amalur and alot of other things i cant name of the top of my head, I havent really touched the gothic series for 1 reason, the msot recent one gothic 4 seems to be crap from any reviews I see,and everything before seems to have terrible terrible graphics which just put me a bit off since they really are below average in my opinion.

So any suggestions?

@Rafax

Have you tried KOTOR? I'm not really sure what you'd consider "average" graphics though so not sure if that would fall below that line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might give kotor a go, I was more looking for the tradition fantasy genre and not sci fi rpg's, and I am currently playing some swtor for the story there and might just be a bit overboard on star wars throwing in kotor too : D, but i might give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    Hey guys Lately I've been having a hard time finding something to play, what I'd like is a good fantasy rpg, singleplayer, with good char customization and a decent combat system, average graphics nothing to extreme, the reason I'm having a very hard time finding something new is because i think I might have played everything that looks interesting ill try and list most of it.

Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon age 1 and 2 , Mass effect, titan quest, divinity 2, risen 1 and 2, Arx Fatalis, Kingdom of Amalur and alot of other things i cant name of the top of my head, I havent really touched the gothic series for 1 reason, the msot recent one gothic 4 seems to be crap from any reviews I see,and everything before seems to have terrible terrible graphics which just put me a bit off since they really are below average in my opinion.

So any suggestions?
    What platforms do you have available?

Deleted
    I bought Starcraft 2 during one of Blizzards $20 deals and forgot about it till now. After finally giving it a go (my ex was a big fan of those SC2 tournaments), I have to say it wasn't as boring as I had thought but unfortunately the multiplayer is a "little" too fast paced and too focused on offense for me and the micromanagement is also really annoying.

Sooo, a question. Can anyone recommend a game like SC2 that was made in 2010 or later (not indie) with a lot bigger focus on building your city or base or whatever(the most important part), has a slower pace, less micromanagement and also where offense wouldn't automatically be better than defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have pc and PS2 havent been on the good side of consoles for a while : D

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:05 PM ----------

have you tries Company of Heroes with some good mods? Some of teh skill trees allow for heavy defense focus with alot of offense being dealt with aretillery : D

Is there a link here for the mmo, Ghosts n Goblins? It's by Capcom so I thought it was something big. But I saw that it was a side scrolling game and wondered if it was something many people are into.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster55 View Post
    Is there a link here for the mmo, Ghosts n Goblins? It's by Capcom so I thought it was something big. But I saw that it was a side scrolling game and wondered if it was something many people are into.
    It's called Ghosts 'n Goblins Online.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-online-game!

Trying to find some more good PS1 RPGs to play. Here's what I got:

Final Fantasy IV-IX
    XenoGears
    SagaFrontier
    Legend of Dragoon
    Chrono Trigger
    ChronoCross
    Vagrant Story
    Legend of Mana
    Breath of Fire III & IV

Any other PS1 RPG Suggestions?
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2013-03-08 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Trying to find some more good PS1 RPGs to play. Here's what I got:

Final Fantasy IV-IX
    XenoGears
    SagaFrontier
    Legend of Dragoon
    Chrono Trigger
    ChronoCross
    Vagrant Story
    Legend of Mana
    Breath of Fire III & IV

Any other PS1 RPG Suggestions?
    Valkyrie Profile & Grandia for starters. Legend of Mana is pretty good too.

Deleted
    Alright, i'm a Online gamer i tend to only play online games because i find it fun to play with others etc..

But i have grown bored, and are now looking out to try some single player games.

What i'm looking for:
    Game must not be too long, more like maximum of 20 hours (though you can recommend games that are longer and i will take a look and see if it's something for me)
    I'm looking for an adventure game, gladly fantasy
    A great story to the game
    About Graphics i couldn't care less
    And you must be able to get it digitally for computer
    Also no shooters.. i have grown bored of FPS
    (if possible no turn-based)

That is pretty much everything, i have almost never played a single player game in my life, so be sure that whatever u list i have never tried before (unless it's skyrim)
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-03-09 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    I'm looking for an adventure game, gladly fantasy
    If graphics are not an issue, try The Longest Journey. It's a pretty old game, but it's widely considered to be one of the best adventure games of all time. It also has a sequel if you end up liking it. It's available on Steam and is on sale on a fairly regular basis.

10+ Year Old Account

Name a ftp mmo that isnt pc demanding.

Im looking for an mmo to play along side wow that is ftp and not too demanding on a computer. Limit to demand is rift which it barely plays at 15-20 fps. It can be games that arent rpgs, but those are the only ones i have experience with.

I tried DDO and Lotro

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    allods online

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a good strategy game to kill some time until Heart of the Swarm, preferably with a space theme too. Anybody that can recommend Endless Space or Sins of a Solar Empire? Perhaps another game that I haven't even heard of?