Deleted
    I am sorry to ask if it asked b4 but i couldt concentrate on reading it whole 30 sides ! And before anyone saying anything about my gramma im doing my best and english is not my main speaking. Hope you understand.
    Here we go:
    I am looking for a timesink where i can as the player make the meaning of keep playing. an example will be Minecraft, no story no thing to make you keep going but u can allways improve on some way you chose.
    Another will be Diablo were i keep playing bc i like it and i want to improve. for fun and "some kind of reward"

And thats what i am in short is looking a game preffer an rpg were i can relax and make myself better. I have tryed some tablet / facebook games and some of them are pretty good but ill get a big turn down if cant play streat for as many hours as i like offent is there a colddown b4 i can play more. Or i need to pay more for some kind of gems or whatever to play...

I like "real games" not so much games like Tetris or Peggle just to name a few. where i need to restart all over again.
    A little thing more im not into fps games - i tryed Borderlands and it was a great game indeed but i cant realite to fps games ánd such
    I loved "Recettear: An item shop's tale" but then i needed to start allover i was realy sad

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eneer View Post
    I am looking for a timesink where i can as the player make the meaning of keep playing. an example will be Minecraft, no story no thing to make you keep going but u can allways improve on some way you chose
    Terraria is a good, cheap place to start. It's not 'neverending' like Minecraft, but it is a similar concept of you progress your character how you want. It has a little bit more combat and practically no 'story' though. At least look at it and see if it's something you'd be into.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Terraria is a good, cheap place to start. It's not 'neverending' like Minecraft, but it is a similar concept of you progress your character how you want. It has a little bit more combat and practically no 'story' though. At least look at it and see if it's something you'd be into.
    sequel is coming out soon too you can pre-order for $15: http://playstarbound.com/store/

Been looking for a new game for weeks now, nothing seems to stick. Tried playing some old DS games (awesome ones, too, like Dragon Quest and Devil Survivor 2) but as I said, nothing seems to really spark interest.

Looking for a game that has a lot of characters to gain or unlock, (something like Dynasty Warriors or Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross). That's the main thing. But I can't find any games like that, mostly because I'm not sure how to search or it. Can anyone help me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eneer View Post
    I am sorry to ask if it asked b4 but i couldt concentrate on reading it whole 30 sides ! And before anyone saying anything about my gramma im doing my best and english is not my main speaking. Hope you understand.
    Here we go:
    I am looking for a timesink where i can as the player make the meaning of keep playing. an example will be Minecraft, no story no thing to make you keep going but u can allways improve on some way you chose.
    Another will be Diablo were i keep playing bc i like it and i want to improve. for fun and "some kind of reward"

And thats what i am in short is looking a game preffer an rpg were i can relax and make myself better. I have tryed some tablet / facebook games and some of them are pretty good but ill get a big turn down if cant play streat for as many hours as i like offent is there a colddown b4 i can play more. Or i need to pay more for some kind of gems or whatever to play...

I like "real games" not so much games like Tetris or Peggle just to name a few. where i need to restart all over again.
    A little thing more im not into fps games - i tryed Borderlands and it was a great game indeed but i cant realite to fps games ánd such
    I loved "Recettear: An item shop's tale" but then i needed to start allover i was realy sad
    There's a potential for many many hours of gameplay in the Mount & Blade series (I personally prefer Mount & Blade: Warband). It's a sanbox mixture of RPG combat, army management, faction/kingdom politics and some economy features althought the combat is the main feature of the game. There are tasks but no quests or storyline, you're simply placed in the world and can do what you want whether it be pledge yourself to a king and gain notice with a kingdom or gather some troops and capture towns, cities and keeps from enemy kingdoms.

It's also highly moddable, mods to completely change the troops and weapons like the Star Wars mod for example.

Deleted

What game to play? GW2' D3 or TL2?

Hey all. I have tried Tera last few weeks, just about to hit 60 and realised a few of things.
    1. It's not Rift (my fav mmo)
    2. I can't help but get addicted to mmo's.. I'm week I know .
    3. There just seemed something missing within the game, that I couldn't put my finger on.

So..I have a family, with a newborn baby.. But I get a lot of time off work with my job and also on night shifts at work I have nothing to do. So... I need a good game I can sink my teeth into. I would love to play an mmo all day long, but I can't.. I would love to play one around my life with moderated time, but I end up playing far to much.
    The games I'm thinking about are:

Guild Wars 2
    Diablo 3
    Torchlight 2

Although GW2 is an "mmo" I have heard it is super casual friendly and it has a free trial this weekend. I've also read Diablo3 and Torchlight 2 have demos. So, will give this a shot. If you. Guys could be some pros and cons of these games or even recommend something else, I would be very grateful.

Also, on the off chance if anyone knows how much bandwidth GW2 use? Same as any other mmo? I ask as at work I only have a set amount of bandwidth. Also does D3 use a lot of bandwidth as read you have to be online to play.

Thanks guys.

Deleted
    I have never played Torchlight, or Diablo 3, so I can only recommend Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 is very casual friendly, yes. It does not really have any gear progression, you easily get the max level gear when you reach the max level which is 80. The thing about Guild Wars 2 is that it doesn't really put you on a path to follow, you can pretty much do what you want to reach, for example, max gear.

Guild Wars 2 is not really a game you should rush to level 80 as fast as possible, it's a game you explore while leveling and such. Everything you can do at max level, you can do at, let's say, 30 to level 70 (I mention 30 because it's there you can do your first dungeon.)

So, yeah, you can check more things up on the internet about Guild Wars 2. The only thing I really can say it's really casual friendly, and really fun, and it's immersive. Grind exists in Guild Wars 2, but it's not mandatory, it's not something you need to do. Grinding is mainly there if you want to work towards a Legendary Weapon (Which is not better than any other Exotic Weapon at level 80, it just looks a lot cooler.)

About the bandwith, sorry, I can't help you there.

All three of those are good choices for casual play.

TL2 and Diablo 3 are pretty light affairs. TL2 more if you enjoy playing mods and a whimsical approach to the genre. Diablo 3 if you want a ARPG which is casual friendly but still has a little bit of vertical progression [the addictive element].

Guild Wars 2 is the most casual MMO ever created short of MMOs made for actual children such as Toontown or Wizard 101. It's only rival in casual play and approachability is World of Warcraft.

There is no vertical grind in GW2. If you come back to GW2 6 months later there will be no power delta. Gear has a hard, predetermined cap. Most of the gameplay is based around free roaming, pick-up & play, non-group required content- jumping puzzle, exploration, gathering, playing mini games, etc.

GW2 PVP has normalized gear in Structured and WvW upscales you within reason to equivalent stats of high level players. One can craft, quest, wander, explore or PVP their way from level 1 to 80 and be fully kitted in the process. GW2 is a very open ended game.

All offer excellent drop-in/drop gameplay for casual enjoyment. They might actually be best enjoyed casually too.

Meaning that a TL2 or D3 aren't necessarily hardcore stat crunch, steep penalty ARPGs. And there are no raids, gear treadmill, DPS meters or dailies in GW2 to chain you to doing stuff out of compulsion but rather just enjoyment on a base level.

Diablo 3 can be pretty fun. Guild Wars 2 sucks imo. Haven't tried Torchlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Diablo 3 can be pretty fun. Guild Wars 2 sucks imo. Haven't tried Torchlight.
    It helps a lot if you explain why Diablo 3 is fun, and why Guild Wars 2 sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played all 3, so here are my inputs:

Guild Wars 2 is really fun when you are leveling, get a guild, and enjoy all the content and story being thrown at you. It's very very casual friendly, and allows you to do end game content, mainly WvW, at any level, and you can enjoy it. Getting max level gear is pretty easy, and it's all about looks. You can go to any zone and experience that race's story line, and any level. It's a game that you can rush, or take your time, and really play anyway you want to.

Diablo 3 is a fun game, for about a week. After that, all that is involved is grinding mobs and getting better gear. The story line is okay, but gets old as you have to repeat it over and over, through the various difficulties. I guess it's okay for a little bit, and every so often just popping on and killing some monsters, but other than that, not really recommended, by me anyways.

Torchlight 2 is a pretty interesting game. Since you can pretty much jump in and out of other peoples game, it makes for an easy social environment. Very pleasant art style, even though I didn't pay much attention to the storyline. Again, really just about getting to max level, and that's pretty much it.

A game similar to Diablo or Torchlight that is completely free, and pretty darn fun, is Path of Exile. It falls into any ARPG trap, that is, it's extremely grindy. Farming and more farming to get the best possible gear, but the options and ways you can build your character is amazing. It uses a barter system, where orbs are the main currency, and each orb does it's own unique thing, and doesn't have a skill tree of sorts, but rather skill gems, which you can put into sockets in gear, and essentially have access to every single skill in the game.

My 2 cents.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Play Torchlight 2 first, it's cool but has little to no replayablility

then play D3, it's also cool and has slightly more replayability, but still not much.

Once you're done with them settle down with GW2, it's not perfect, but it's different enough that it should keep you entertained for a while, until something truely epic comes out *cough*ffxiv
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

GW2 is something I would highly recommend you. Personally, I just stopped "Semi-hardcore" raiding, and wow for the most part and wanted a game to settle down and play casually. GW2 seemed fun to try again because of the new Super Adventure Box. It's so fun, but itl'll only be up until April 30th until they release the next part of it. Once I finished that and started leveling, thats where the fun began. The first 20 levels IMO are a bit boring, but once you're past that it just becomes so damn fun. I can't stop wanting to play it now. There are so many different ways to play, level, and do in general, and the games landscape is downright beautiful and detailed. If you want casual, play it. You wont be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Play Torchlight 2 first, it's cool but has little to no replayablility
    Considering that GUTS just launched and there's already a plethora of new content for the game, this is not true. People are adding new maps, new classes, and new everything at a rapid pace. It won't be too long before someone invents an entirely new game using this software. I'd recommend all of these games as well, but TL2 is often on sale for $10. For the amount of time you can spend in it, it's the best video game investment I've had outside of Minecraft or Terraria.

As far as being an MMO addict, GW2 is completely viable for how you want to play it. Since you like Rift, you will like a lot of the darker aspects that are often overlooked because the graphics are so shiny and amazing. Think of it like combining Tera and Rift, having some zones and themes that sync with Rift but look like an Eastern version of Tera.

Fencers is dead on with the description. I would recommend it to anyone who still wants to play MMOs, but can't devote their life to 'properly' play one.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Thanks all. I'm currently downloading D3 and then TL2. I have never played a Diablo game, so I don't know if this means I will like D3 more or less than ppl who have. I have just checked on Path Of Exile and looks really, really good! mmorpg.com gave it a solid 8 and couldnt get over the fact it was free.

Just told the Missus about GW2.. and she said "as long as you won't get addicted and spend all day on it, then fine" lol. I really hope this is the mmo for me. I havent got the time to raid etc, although I would love to.. so a game where vanity is what you grind for could be great. I have a free weekend of GW2 starting tomorrow, so will let you guys know what I think of all games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis12 View Post
    Just told the Missus about GW2.. and she said "as long as you won't get addicted and spend all day on it, then fine" lol.
    While it has the potential to allow you to do that, it's honestly not needed. The entire game is the 'end game', there's no reason to rush to max level, and there's a lot to experience if you can train yourself to relax and not play the game like every MMO before it.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Just told the Missus about GW2.. and she said "as long as you won't get addicted and spend all day on it, then fine" lol.
    It's all about to limit yourself. Any game can become addictive if you let it be.

Thanks all. I'm currently downloading D3 and then TL2. I have never played a Diablo game, so I don't know if this means I will like D3 more or less than ppl who have. I have just checked on Path Of Exile and looks really, really good! mmorpg.com gave it a solid 8 and couldnt get over the fact it was free.
    Oh, no. This entire paragraph is full of not good.

Here is the thing, make sure you like ARPGs first before investing in any ARPG.

If you have to ask what ARPGs are, then Path of Exile is definitely not the game for you to even a small degree. Don't misunderstand, Path of Exile is currently [with the exception of Diablo 2] the finest designed ARPG of all time.

Path of Exile is most definitely not casual friendly or "new to the genre" friendly at all. In fact, the game is designed intentionally to not be so. By design. By design the developers made a purposefully difficult, obtuse, high grind, high commitment game. That was their intention and they nailed it pretty much dead on.

If you are new to ARPGs and don't yet know if you like the genre long ter; Torchlight 2.

Firstly, Torchlight 2 is just a mere $20. Often cheaper as the games is on sale often for $10. I believe it is cheaper still for multiple copies.

Secondly, Torchlight 2 is a very simplistic ARPG that gives you the basics of what the genre is about in essence. So one would likely walk away with a firem idea of what other ARPGs are like in basic gameplay; point & click, loot farm, never-ending.

Diablo 3 is $60 and little lengthier than TL2. In cost efficiency here TL2 is a better bet for a newish person.

Greetings there, I'm looking for a new MMO to play, I've played WoW since vanilla and are now burned out.

What I look for is a MMO with a strong playerbase and active players!

I'm not looking for games equally to LoL etc.

Do someone out there got any suggestions on some MMOs who got an active playerbase worthwhile to check out?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Belsebob View Post
    Greetings there, I'm looking for a new MMO to play, I've played WoW since vanilla and are now burned out.

What I look for is a MMO with a strong playerbase and active players!

I'm not looking for games equally to LoL etc.

Do someone out there got any suggestions on some MMOs who got an active playerbase worthwhile to check out?

Thanks!
    Tera, Rift, Firefall, Guild wars 2, Vindictus, Warframe, Star conflict, Lord of the rings online, Age of Conan, Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes Online, DC Universe Online, Neverwinter Online, Dungeons and dragons online, Allods, Star Wars the old republic, defiance, planetside 2.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-18 at 06:33 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -