15+ Year Old Account
    so currently playing Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume, and i gotta say i love it, the multiple endings allow for a high replay value, and the battles can be quite challenging, i was wonderign why i don't see much love for this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Can anybody name a game similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dishonored? Got Dishonored last week and after completing it, i immediatly wanted to play through Deus Ex again. Now this is also finished (again), but i want more!
    Hitman (the entire series) it is much like deus ex and dishonored a stealthy shoter game. Not a first person perspective though. You can also try the first deus ex, it's kinda old though.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Dragon Age Origins
    The only thing dragon age shares with those games is that it is an RPG. It's a medieval fantasy RPG with a completely different combat system. In dragon age you have a party of 4 (including the warden or hawke) so in order to play it properly at the harder difficulty you need to keep pausing the game and issue orders to your party members. You also have to consider setup tank, healer, dps a rogue to pick locks etc.... The combat of dragon age is completely different from the combat of deus ex and dishonored.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Hitman (the entire series) it is much like deus ex and dishonored a stealthy shoter game. Not a first person perspective though. You can also try the first deus ex, it's kinda old though.[COLOR="red"]
    Thanks, will check out some of the Hitman games, should be enough gameplay vids on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Dragon Age Origins
    I have played the crap out of Origins (and Awakening), but i fail to see how they are even remotely similar, thanks anyway though

I have played mmos/arpgs extensively and favor them. Have played lots wow, d1-3, path of exile, tl1-2, tibia and runescape(pre gfx update), all of which were very enjoyable for me. I'm missing the good ol runescape snes graphics and "profession" based leveling the most. Maplestory was fun but the gfx theme is almost too embarrasing for me to play in my living room. Currently trying out age of wushu, liking it so far but things such as translation quality are laughable and monster combat is far too easy, feels like a social web browser game. Have played innumerable horrible mmos in search for the star that was never heard of. I don't care about graphics or aging, only that it be well aged and not a ghost town. I want something that wasn't made in 3 months to be run by a cash shop (or has zero beneficial combat upgrades from cash shop, like path of exile) while being f2p, which seems like a lot to ask for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ggpops View Post
    I have played mmos/arpgs extensively and favor them. Have played lots wow, d1-3, path of exile, tl1-2, tibia and runescape(pre gfx update), all of which were very enjoyable for me. I'm missing the good ol runescape snes graphics and "profession" based leveling the most. Maplestory was fun but the gfx theme is almost too embarrasing for me to play in my living room. Currently trying out age of wushu, liking it so far but things such as translation quality are laughable and monster combat is far too easy, feels like a social web browser game. Have played innumerable horrible mmos in search for the star that was never heard of. I don't care about graphics or aging, only that it be well aged and not a ghost town. I want something that wasn't made in 3 months to be run by a cash shop (or has zero beneficial combat upgrades from cash shop, like path of exile) while being f2p, which seems like a lot to ask for.
    Tera - action combat and not easy. Unusual races. Open world. Otherwise a traditional MMO (minus raids), though with an "Asian" endgame crafting system.
    LotR - popular, amazing community, extremely immersive, extremely strong for role players, probably the best freemium model in the entire genre. Open world. Traditional MMO.
    Age of Conan - reasonably popular, very atmospheric, very adult, excellent levelling experience, strong combat system for melee in particular. Traditional MMO.
    Neverwinter Online (open beta starts today!) - action combat. Almost directly derived from traditional Dungeons and Dragons. Open zones, not open world. Dungeons but no raids.
    SWTOR - popular sci-fi WoW basically with all the usual traditional MMO elements, including PvE raids. I cannot comment any further since I have never played it.

There's also The Secret World made by same guys as Age of Conan and Everquest II by SOE (traditional MMO with probably strongest housing system in the genre currently but a restrictive f2p model). The lack of classes in The Secret World may attract you in particular.

There's also Buy-To-Play:
    GW2 - extremely popular with strong pvp options. PvE is easier than Tera but not easy. Open world. Not traditional MMO since not gear progression-based. Casual/second game.

Those are all the big guns in the MMORPG genre, apart from WoW.

Of course there is also the free and huge MMOFPS, Planetside 2 by SOE, that is worth trying for everyone at least once if you have an up-to-date PC and do not actively dislike shooters.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-30 at 06:45 AM.

Hey guys, I am pretty much a noob to Crpg's. The only one I have currently played is DA:O. However my interest in the genre has peaked in recent times and I really want to get into it. I have no idea where to start however. I am looking for one that is similar in look and feel to the currently under development Divinity Orgin of Sin. However I really do not want combat to be an after thought (like I heard it was in a few of those games). Is there any most plays? Am I right in saying that the Baldurs Gate series follows the same type of game play?

Looking for something very similiar too plants vs Zombies. cant belive there aint anything out there like that since it was a hit. a game were u can relax and enjoy it. upgrades, like u upgrade your plants and garden. any suggestion??

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Looking for something very similiar too plants vs Zombies. cant belive there aint anything out there like that since it was a hit. a game were u can relax and enjoy it. upgrades, like u upgrade your plants and garden. any suggestion??
    Maybe check out some flash games? You will find loads similar, but none close to it in quality tbh. Apart from that Planets vs Zombies 2 will be out within the next 3 months.

ohh havent heard anything about pvz2, i was wondering when i will come out, is there any info of it?

edit:

found it http://www.gamespot.com/news/plants-...summer-6406030 NICE

though not any gameplay
    Last edited by Schalde; 2013-04-30 at 10:49 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Those are all the big guns in the MMORPG genre, apart from WoW.
    You forgot Rift, which is more successful (as a sub too) than some of the games you mentioned. Additionally AoC and LotRO are not anywhere remotely close to popular, though I can wholeheartedly recommend LotRO to anyone who wants an immersive and slower MMO.

However in response to what that poster was looking for...to be honest it sounds like they should be waiting for Wildstar. In the meantime just play Tera and SWTOR as F2P games, pick up GW2 if you want to spend some money.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Not sure if you are looking for a PC game or a Tablet one...however, there are several Tower Defense games since that genre has been around for a long time. Some are relatively relaxing and there are plenty free ones on tablets. So that's a direct answer to your question.

However, if you want to really see how far the genre has come, check out Orcs Must Die. There is a 2nd one that has even more features, but it might be a little complicated for a first go so start with the first one. It's a combination of a 3rd person action game and tower defense at the same time...so it's not relaxing, but it is fun.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You forgot Rift, which is more successful (as a sub too) than some of the games you mentioned. Additionally AoC and LotRO are not anywhere remotely close to popular, though I can wholeheartedly recommend LotRO to anyone who wants an immersive and slower MMO.

However in response to what that poster was looking for...to be honest it sounds like they should be waiting for Wildstar. In the meantime just play Tera and SWTOR as F2P games, pick up GW2 if you want to spend some money.
    Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned WoW to show I'd covered the most well-known and competent games in the genre. If you re-read the guy's request, you will see he only wanted freemium games.

Yes, I think Rift is a fantastic game and would have been my number one recommendation otherwise.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-30 at 03:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned relative reference to WoW
    Yes that bit and mentioning GW2 was what confused me. Though beyond Tera and SWTOR I don't think there is anything that has 'aged well' that is completely free. I think going into B2P games is a better quality investment, but it sounds like the poster doesn't have any income and just wants a game to play.

In that respect I think those two are the best, most updated games that you can play for nothing, though swtor's model is god awful if you want more out of it than a game to pass some time with.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted

New f2p mmo.

Hey guys,

I am looking for a new f2p mmo (don't mind buying the game up front) that is fun to play and is not pay to win. I have tried Neverwinter and I liked it but I don't dare to start in it because of Perfect world entertainment.

I prefer a normal fantasy mmo that isn't asian.

Any suggestions?

Allods online?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

a normal f2p fantasy mmo that isn't asian

how about LOTRO?
    DDO?
    Allods Online

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

how about LOTRO?
    DDO?
    Allods Online
    Or Age of Conan.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Or Age of Conan.
    yep, plenty of choices

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

how about LOTRO?
    DDO?
    Allods Online
    Tried lotro, must say I liked that one, but got boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 maybe? I think Swtor is basically f2p now too. Not necessarily saying they're good but worth a look I guess .

Guild Wars 2 is not f2p though