Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I am looking for 2D games that were made within the last 5 years.

I recently played Hammerwatch on the PC and loved it! Make a list of your favorite 2D games that I can play on the PC!
    Trine
    Trine 2
    Mark of the Ninja
    Limbo

All exellent games
    Edit: I just saw the Hammerwatch video in your closed thread and would add

The Story of Isaac
    Hotline Miami

And this month "Shadowrun Returns" should be released.
    Last edited by mmocd6ec2cafc0; 2013-06-10 at 02:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    4K Strategy Space Game: Sins of a Solar Empire or Endless Space? What's your opinion?
    SotS is a RTS
    ES is a TBS

So even if you don't mind differences in gameplay style they are kinda difficult to compare.

SotS:
    + intuitive UI
    + combat depth
    -/+ decent pace to almost pass as TBS
    + diplomatic depth
    + logically tiered research with unique items
    + 3x2 factions with unique playstyle differences
    + all ships have unique abilities and they offer an array of playstyle choices
    + a lot of ships from scout, corvette, frigate, cruisers to capitals like battleships/-cruisers, titans and starbases
    + spectactular fights and visuals
    - not optimized for newer machines, it's a single-threaded 32 bit game but it should run fine on modern hardware
    -/+ economy is pretty typical for a RTS. It's solid though.
    - chokepoint-orientated gameplay may not suit everyone
    - AI can be pretty brutal if you are new to RTS genre
    - no campaign/visible backstory (it does exist though)

ES:
    + customizable factions and ships
    + visuals are high-quality work
    + economy is more diverse...
    - ...yet in the long run also lacking depth as well
    - factions not balanced and mainly only distinguished by looks and traits
    - MtG'esque card based combat may not suit anyone especially with the lack of interactivity and depth given the added gamble may just turn into auto-combat bonanza
    + newbie-friendly...
    - ...however the game scales badly in difficulty as is
    + available on multiple platforms and supports multithreading/64bit
    - lack of depth in almost anything

In general I don't have much positive to say about Endless Space but since we are comparing apples and pears I think it primarily on what gameplay genre you prefer and then how much emphasis you are putting on depth especially in regards of combat.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Im in need of a few suggestions (bored:P)

Ok, first one then... MMO.

Something I can invest in, has strong veteran benefits, emphasis on player interaction, preferably with lots of sandbox elements and as few freebies as possible. Also needs to be an AAA title and good visuals as well as decent player base would be a plus. It could also be an upcoming game as long as it will be released in a year or so. Oh and it needs to be a RPG, so no shooters or games without levels and such.

Then some city building or similar game like Tropico 4, Simcity and Anno 2070. Good graphics and deep gameplay would be a huge plus here. Can also be upcoming as soon as it will be released relatively soon.

And finally something with amazing atmosphere and graphics, doesn't really matter what genre as long as it's not sports or puzzle game. I'm thinking something like Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect games, Dragon Age, Skyrim.. can also be upcoming game as long as it will be released this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post

Something I can invest in, has strong veteran benefits, emphasis on player interaction, preferably with lots of sandbox elements and as few freebies as possible. Also needs to be an AAA title and good visuals as well as decent player base would be a plus. It could also be an upcoming game as long as it will be released in a year or so. Oh and it needs to be a RPG, so no shooters or games without levels and such.
    MAybe RIFT?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tueland View Post
    MAybe RIFT?
    Thanks.. has it changed then? I tried it when it came out and it was just boring and pointless. All those collect x and kill x quests. It didn't exactly have any sandbox elements back them. And more importantly is socializing with other players needed there (as in rewarded instead of just possible) and do players who put more time and effort into it actually get practical rewards or is it more like WoW when they just pass out the best stuff to everyone after a few months and maybe you get a silly hat or a new title if you try really hard?

Are there any MMOs you tried already? There are quite a few good ones out there, so it would help to know which ones you tried and liked, and which ones you didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Are there any MMOs you tried already? There are quite a few good ones out there, so it would help to know which ones you tried and liked, and which ones you didn't.
    Good question..

Well, I used to like WoW a lot, before Cata anyway but eventually got bored. Then Runescape, I liked the general idea behind the game and it's amazing time killer but the social part there isn't very strong and the graphics and controls leave a lot to wish for. Then LoL, even though not a real MMO was really fun, I still play it occasionally. Guess I haven't tried many more worth mentioning.

I didn't like Rift. Too many theme park elements, too grindy(I like grindy when there is a real reward at the end but not grinding for the sake of grinding), combat was weird and poorly defined, player interaction wasn't important etc. I kinda liked the talents though. Then LotR online, while not a bad game, just wasn't for me, also too linear, too many killx and fetch x quests, no PvP. I played it for a while but got bored fast. I also tried a few of those Asian ones like Tera but the flashy combat and especially clothes female characters have there bothered me enough to turn me away from those games completely.

To sum it up, I guess I liked

Good community, focus on socializing with other players, less automation.
    Being rewarded for effort or time put into the game
    PvP where the game doesnt hold your hand
    More sandbox elements

and didnt like

boring grindy quests and activities with no real rewards
    being able to solo almost everything (includes all the queues etc. too where you dont have to actually talk or cooperate with others and everyone just does their thing in silence)
    Too much focus on the boring/repetitive aspects of PvE
    No world PvP or very limited PvP where the game holds your hand too much
    Best gear handed to everyone or buy to win
    Bad or ridiculous story

Rome: Total War Gold Edition is on sale today on Steam for $1.00.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,
    I am looking for a complicated and long RPG.
    One of my favorite games is Fallout 2. Something around that or TOEE / old neverwinter / baldur`s gate / septera core? Are there any new-er games that would fit ?
    I did not play the Witcher series. Would you recommend them to some one that likes the above?

Thank you for your time.

Deleted
    Me and my friend are looking for some game we could play together, but there are a couple of problems. The main one is that there are some financial problems, so we really need something F2P or something that works over lan. The other problem is that I will be stuck on a rather underpowered laptop for most of the summer (visiting parents) so it can't really be that demanding. We already went through a lot of games and kinda found out that moba and most mmos don't really work (maybe is it's a really different mmo, but not your average F2P kind). Also ruled out things like Minecraft, Terraria, Arma, Killing Floor and DDO, they just did not stick. Suggestions anyone?

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 01:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Hello,
    One of my favorite games is Fallout 2. Something around that or TOEE / old neverwinter / baldur`s gate / septera core? Are there any new-er games that would fit ?
    I did not play the Witcher series. Would you recommend them to some one that likes the above?

Thank you for your time.
    Mass Effect, but be warned, 3d one is really heavy on shooter stuff and have almost no gear progression. Also Skyrim, not that complicated but sure is HUGE. Especially since the legendary edition is out. Or mount and blade (Warband), a bit old, but sucks up time big time, especially if you go for mods. There's been really dry season for cRPGs so apart from Bioware stuff there's little to have.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 01:54 AM ----------

Good question..

Well, I used to like WoW a lot, before Cata anyway but eventually got bored. Then Runescape, I liked the general idea behind the game and it's amazing time killer but the social part there isn't very strong and the graphics and controls leave a lot to wish for. Then LoL, even though not a real MMO was really fun, I still play it occasionally. Guess I haven't tried many more worth mentioning.

I didn't like Rift. Too many theme park elements, too grindy(I like grindy when there is a real reward at the end but not grinding for the sake of grinding), combat was weird and poorly defined, player interaction wasn't important etc. I kinda liked the talents though. Then LotR online, while not a bad game, just wasn't for me, also too linear, too many killx and fetch x quests, no PvP. I played it for a while but got bored fast. I also tried a few of those Asian ones like Tera but the flashy combat and especially clothes female characters have there bothered me enough to turn me away from those games completely.

To sum it up, I guess I liked

Good community, focus on socializing with other players, less automation.
    Being rewarded for effort or time put into the game
    PvP where the game doesnt hold your hand
    More sandbox elements

and didnt like

boring grindy quests and activities with no real rewards
    being able to solo almost everything (includes all the queues etc. too where you dont have to actually talk or cooperate with others and everyone just does their thing in silence)
    Too much focus on the boring/repetitive aspects of PvE
    No world PvP or very limited PvP where the game holds your hand too much
    Best gear handed to everyone or buy to win
    Bad or ridiculous story
    Have you tried DDO? It's a really different experience from what you get in your normal MMO and there's definitely no handholding anywhere in sight. Be prepared to remake chars like crazy though and read a lot of guides.

Having played wow for 5+ years and dabbling in other mmo's here and there i am struggling to find a game that fills my need to grind gear and farm bosses any suggestions?

Would prefer the game to have a fast paced leveling systems (just tried gw2 and it feels really slow unless you bounce from event to event to event (which results in little to no loot grind) i do not want a game like diablo or torchlight or PoE ect i have them and generally dislike click to move.

games i have played

WoW
    Gw2
    Rift
    Tera
    Torchlight 2
    Diablo 3
    Morrowind 3 (couldn't get into anything after them)
    Dungeon defenders
    Borderlands 2

I am looking for a newish game so the graphics aren't really dated if you know anything please help me

Thanks

Exo

Quote Originally Posted by Exodiea View Post
    Having played wow for 5+ years and dabbling in other mmo's here and there i am struggling to find a game that fills my need to grind gear and farm bosses any suggestions?

Would prefer the game to have a fast paced leveling systems (just tried gw2 and it feels really slow unless you bounce from event to event to event (which results in little to no loot grind) i do not want a game like diablo or torchlight or PoE ect i have them and generally dislike click to move.

games i have played

WoW
    Gw2
    Rift
    Tera
    Torchlight 2
    Diablo 3
    Morrowind 3 (couldn't get into anything after them)
    Dungeon defenders
    Borderlands 2

I am looking for a newish game so the graphics aren't really dated if you know anything please help me

Thanks

Exo
    Grinding gear and bosses?

Sounds like you need Path of Exile.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Grinding gear and bosses?

Sounds like you need Path of Exile.
    i am tempted was hoping there was something that wasn't click to move though.

i am tempted was hoping there was something that wasn't click to move though.
    Alright, well...
    How about Warframe? Or vindictus? Or dragon nest? Or Dragon prophet?
    Or Firefall! I love firefall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Alright, well...
    How about Warframe? Or vindictus? Or dragon nest? Or Dragon prophet?
    Or Firefall! I love firefall.
    Didn't realize Firefall was in open beta so i will try that and if no success ill keep looking :P

Didn't realize Firefall was in open beta so i will try that and if no success ill keep looking :P
    It goes open beta on July 9th, but if you post in the megathread, someone will get you a key. If you get a key, you can get the closed beta testers only bike with relative ease. It's going to go away when it goes open beta.

(I'd give you one right now, but I am out)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...July-9)/page62 here's a link
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-06-18 at 07:15 PM.

Ok so me and a friend are so bored we decided to test out ALOT of Co op games so for the people looking to play with friends here's a list of the things we played(keep in mind this is based on co op not single):

on further notice my english sucks so don't judge me on that

Saints Row: The Third:
    I would recommend this very fun to play (can't wait on the 4th!)
    + High Customisation on Cars,Character,...
    + Story is pretty decent for this kind of game (you even get to choose where the story goes in some missions)
    -/+ "GTA" like game
    -/+ Its fairly fast finished (~6-8hours,) if you cant the missions only

Painkiller Hell & Damnation:
    This is more of a game if you want to just brainless shoot everything you see
    -/+ "Quake" style, shoot everything you see
    + Levels are pretty big, Lots of mobs
    - Boss fights are kinda...meh (They are big tho!)
    - Story is pretty weak imo

Trine 2:
    + Working together to accomplish something
    + 3 unique characters + 'talent' tree
    -/+ 2D
    -/+ There is 'some' story in it (can't judge on this one, there was an intro but that was it from what i've seen atleast...)

Borderlands 2:
    Highly recommend
    + Unique characters + Skill tree
    + Takes a while to finish not to forget the diffrent modes (would say about ~15+ hours for the normal mode)
    -/+ I was not a fan of the story, but it was oke
    - I found this to be a bit repetetive and boring after 30 hours of gameplay

Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days:
    I didn't find this a fun game
    - 3rd person from the shoulder perspective
    - I found it abit hard at some times
    + cutscenes (got to love some violence!)

God Mode:

+ Diffrent "perks" to increase/decrease difficult of the game
    -/+ 3rd person
    + diffrent weapons/skills/outfit
    - only a hand few of unique mobs (about 6 iirc(excluding bosses))
    -/+ each wave has an extra feature that can be in your favor or against you

F.E.A.R 3

+ 2 Unique characters
    -/+ Story (I didn't played the previous so I cant tell)
    - Fairly quick finished (around ~3 hours)

Dead Island Riptide:
    + Weapon customization/skill tree
    + Cars!/boats
    + Side Quests
    - Mostly the same zombies, there are a few special tho

The War Z:

+ fun to go from town to town to find supplies/weapons
    + Skill tree
    -/+ You start with nothing when you die (I find it fun and challenging to actualy start with nothing then with a flashlight and food/water)
    - LONG distances
    - zombies are to easy to kill
    -/+ as a player you get killed pretty quick

Greed Black Border:

- bugs alot (could just be me tho...)
    + it had some traps/mazes
    + skill tree
    -/+ top view (diablo style)
    - it was abit dull

Warframe:

+ Cool concept
    + Diffrent weapons with extra's that you could buy
    + Character skills
    - Very easy (maby it was us or the wrong settings)
    - levels (We just rushed through it, nothing interesting)

Payday The heist:

+ Rob a bank!
    + skill tree
    - Sometimes abit overwhelming
    - Drills take to long to go through a door! (imo)

Chivalry Medieval War:

-/+ Archers require some skill
    + Catapults/Ballistas/...
    + Battlegrounds! (seeing 2 sides rushing to eachother is just...epic)
    - some game mode require coordination (can be frustrated if your team just wants to kill stuff instead of pushing that ram for the objective)
    - is somewhat expensive imo

League of Legends:

+ Alot of fun champions
    + different game modes
    - Worst community imo
    - Ranked games can be frustrated if you have a flame team

Tera:

+ I like the world PvP in this one
    + Main Quests and Side Quests
    + Cool bosses
    -/+ almost everything is a skillshot (even AA)
    - healers are OP on low level :P

Kings Road:

+ Different modes
    + 3 Unique characters with skill tree
    + upon switching character gear and level is NOT lost
    -/+ gear farming
    - you can pay for gear
    - Can bug/lagg a few times

Thats about the games I can remember being co-op/multiplayer that we played, these points are pure based on my opinion tho its what I experienced.

A few singleplayers/multiplayers that I can recommend:

RPG:
    The Elder Scrolls (mainly oblivion/skyrim)
    The Witcher (1&2)
    Mass Effect series
    Dragon Age

Shooters:
    Arma 2 (3 soon)
    Counter Strike
    Unreal tournament series (my fav games)
    Shootmania
    Far Cry 3
    Sleeping Dogs

Strategy:
    Anno 2070
    Age of Empires
    Stronghold

Simulation:
    Don't Starve
    Minecraft
    The Guild 1&2 (1 of my fav games as well I do prefer the first one tho)

Racing:
    Dirt 3
    Grid 2
    some of the Need for Speed (undercover,underground 2, most wanted)

Adventure:
    Tomb Raider (2013)
    Assasins Creed
    Darksiders (1&2)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your time.
    Long and complicated? Did you play Planescape Torment yet?

And yes I can pretty much suggest the Witcher series. They are very close to the RPGs of old. The only downsides may be on combat side. In the original more than in pt.2.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I am looking to play a new game. I enjoy the atmosphere of the Fallout games, the 1940s, 50s, post apocalyptic style. Does not have to be an rpg. Pretty much open to any with that theme. Any ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboAwesome View Post
    I am looking to play a new game. I enjoy the atmosphere of the Fallout games, the 1940s, 50s, post apocalyptic style. Does not have to be an rpg. Pretty much open to any with that theme. Any ideas?
    BioShock 1+2, pretty much.