Deleted
    Rift is the game of the lords in pve. If I loved pve and some good raiding going on and grinding for those epic items... I would dedicate my raiding schedule to Rift =)
    However, I dont pve these days... havent got it in my blood... and dont have time to raid regulary :P But Rift is still on computer for a random warfront every now and then, the soul system in game is amazing.

Rift is a far better game than Warhammer online. Exhibit A. Warhammer is closing down.

I would go Final Fantasy 14 a realm reborn over Rift tho.

Rift has some of the best PVE out there with one of the best payment models out there.

Warhammer, on the other hand, is dead.
    (Like, not "lol didn't kill wow" dead but like, they are shutting down the game dead)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Oh man, talk about timing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh man, talk about timing.
    I was just thinking that. Well, given the options I'm going to have to go with Rift. If you had asked this yesterday I would have still told you Rift. Probably good since Warhammer is finally closing....4 years too late.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I want to try one of these 2 games - Warhammer Online or Rift but I'm not sure which one I should play. I've heard PvP in Warhammer Online is amazing - how does it look in Rift? Which game have a better PvE?

Just tell me which game I should try first
    Warhammer is dead - servers all closing Dec 18th

Rift is way too grindy. I would personally try Dragon's Prophet, Firefall or even Guild Wars 2 - I am gonna buy FF14 this week.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidNitro View Post
    Rift is way too grindy. - I am gonna buy FF14 this week.
    If you don't like grinds, don't get FFXIV. You are going to hate it. Just leveling your class properly is more of a grind than Rift will ever be. Imagine Rift except you have to level your souls individually and then you run out of quests and have to just kill mobs and do Rift Events/Invasions. That's pretty much FFXIV leveling.

I love the game, but if the grind is your big thing...don't buy it.
    BAD WOLF

Rift isn't that grindy except for SL rep grinds. IA + exp boots = 50 in no time. 50-60 on the other hand... Well, that's a bit of a hike. But I wouldn't call it a crazy grind.

I want to play a MUD

Anyone got a MUD recommendation? I've never played one my self, so something easy and with some users.

(did a basic search for this thread and couldn't find one.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Anyone got a MUD recommendation? I've never played one my self, so something easy and with some users.

(did a basic search for this thread and couldn't find one.)
    wth is a mud

Medievia

I played it back in my younger days.

For a client I'd recommend mudmaster cmd line or the gui version
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    wth is a mud
    Multi User Dungeon. Sort of a precursor to MMOs, but with text instead of graphics. Google would be your friend here.

I don't know exactly but generally my definition is a multiplier text based game.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    wth is a mud
    A text based multiplayer game. Think like grandparent of the MMO genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Dragonrealms is one of the best MUDs out there IMO, only problem is it requires a sub, there's a 30 day free trial though and it's pretty incredible. I've played it off and on since '96.

There are plenty of great MUSHs still running as well. You really just need to pick something you're interested in and go from there. As someone else stated, Google is going to be your friend here; I doubt there are many users here that participate in MUDs or MUSHs.

ok ive played Regnum quite a bit so my opinion is a bit biased. Bascially, I think it's probably the industry's best daoc style mmo out now in terms of pvp and rvr balance. It's not perfect but here's the reasons why i skipped the others :-

gw2: sucky pvp. all classes can have all skills, which means combat is just a mashfest of keys without tactical thinking. by contrast, in regnum every single skill use counts.

darkfall 2: sadly if you look at the official forums, this game is dying fast.

ESO: will be pay to play. i also seriously doubt they can make good pvp balance. not one single dev besides regnum and daoc has made good balanced daoc-style pvp. it's very hard to do.

DAOC: i don't like it because every time i move in combat, there is a skating movement animation (probably done by the devs to help create bigger wars).

aion: not bad but be prepared to grind forever, this game is a clear example of the situation where the time spent grinding is a greater determinant of victory in pvp than knowing how to use your skills.

Rift: not for me... if you google "how good is Rift pvp" the web is full of advice on how bad it is. From the pvp videos i suspect the missle/magic classes are way overpowered, meaning that war just becomes a range fight of crowd control freezes. Boring. In Regnum, you can actually feel the lines of battle and their functions.

Lineage 2: I wouldnt call this open RvR pvp. Every time you kill an enemy, you get some sort of negative karma setting.

World of Warcraft: I tend to think private servers offer the best alternative to Regnum. However, Im a bit worried the server will vanish overnight.

Anyway, if you have any questions about regnum im happy to try to answer them.

Red face Can you recommond some good F2P games?

Hi! I was wondering if you could suggest some good f2p games that aren't too complicated and just fun to play? I tried playing some mmorpgs like Tera and Aion, despite their overall great graphics etc, there just isn't much sense of a community and they are hard to get into. Is there any more simple games out there like mabinoggi or maplestory that you can think of ?

have you tried league of legends ? it is free .... until you get brain washed.

Most the f2p mmos I can think of are usually pretty punishing when it comes to secondary systems... Starconflict can get crazy complicated with ships and all the augments, addons, parts ect. Rift... Well, rift will punish you pretty hard if you don't like complicated skill trees ect. Firefalls crafting and resource system will hurt you. Swtors is really straightforward. Maybe that?