I never considered rifts trees fairly complicated if your familiar to mmos and most builds I know of go full 61 points and a few into other basics into something else as far as bread & butter builds for PvE. This knowledge though is from pre 2.3

Runescape as much hate it will generate is fairly simple, but again its a simple game. Only get into if your absolutely sure you're looking for that. Lord of the rings online when I played it during moria was fairly simple if your used to WoW.

Thats about all I got though

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried different MMOs recently (WoW, SWTOR, Rift, Tera, etc.) and was shocked by how dumbed down were these. Having played mostly single-player RPGs up till this year, I just can't get into these kindergarten systems.

Are there any modern MMOs with actually challenging leveling? Where you don't 1-2-shot mobs? Where the game doesn't think you are retard, telling you, "OK, you reached level 20. Now go quest there or there"? Where you really may screw up your character with a wrong build? Where you can go to hard zones early on but won't have any chance there and have to level up first, and then, after you are finally able to do well there, you can feel some kind of accomplishment? Where boss fights (in usual quests, not raids only) are actually boss fights, with mechanics, death if you fight wrong, again, some sense of accomplishment, not just one more mob encounter?
    I kind of gave up already on story in MMOs, seeing as even "story-based" SWTOR screwed up there hard. Story doesn't matter, quests "Kill 10 mages" don't matter, cartoon graphics or whatever doesn't matter. But, hell, give me a challenging MMO where without appropriate skill and effort you won't get far! And where I'm not guided as in kindergarten, "Go there. Now go there. Now go there again. OK, you're ready to go to the next quest zone".

Are there this kind of MMOs, or do I waste my time, trying different MMOs and leaving in a few days terribly disappointed?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I've tried different MMOs recently (WoW, SWTOR, Rift, Tera, etc.) and was shocked by how dumbed down were these. Having played mostly single-player RPGs up till this year, I just can't get into these kindergarten systems.

Are there any modern MMOs with actually challenging leveling? Where you don't 1-2-shot mobs? Where the game doesn't think you are retard, telling you, "OK, you reached level 20. Now go quest there or there"? Where you really may screw up your character with a wrong build? Where you can go to hard zones early on but won't have any chance there and have to level up first, and then, after you are finally able to do well there, you can feel some kind of accomplishment? Where boss fights (in usual quests, not raids only) are actually boss fights, with mechanics, death if you fight wrong, again, some sense of accomplishment, not just one more mob encounter?
    I kind of gave up already on story in MMOs, seeing as even "story-based" SWTOR screwed up there hard. Story doesn't matter, quests "Kill 10 mages" don't matter, cartoon graphics or whatever doesn't matter. But, hell, give me a challenging MMO where without appropriate skill and effort you won't get far! And where I'm not guided as in kindergarten, "Go there. Now go there. Now go there again. OK, you're ready to go to the next quest zone".

Are there this kind of MMOs, or do I waste my time, trying different MMOs and leaving in a few days terribly disappointed?
    The only thing I can think of that can really punish you for screwing up your character build would be path of exile.

The game is designed to make you die. A lot.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    The only thing I can think of that can really punish you for screwing up your character build would be path of exile.

The game is designed to make you die. A lot.
    Thanks. From what I read about it, it looks promising. Will definitely try it.

What about Runescape? I've heard it's quite complex and challenging game. Should I try it?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Thanks. From what I read about it, it looks promising. Will definitely try it.

What about Runescape? I've heard it's quite complex and challenging game. Should I try it?
    I don't know enough about it to tell you, sorry :X

At some point I need to address that in my MMO lore...

Deleted
    well, as mentioned in my thread before, i'm looking for a new mmorpg because i'm sick of WoW. played it since release, now it's crap imo, blahblah

what i would wish from this unknown mmorpg - the character customization should be more detailed than "3 faces, 3 haircuts, thats it"
    and because i'm in love with pvp, the pvp should be fun - fun is subjective i know - what i see as "fun" is a game with more than 2 classes, where every Player can kill another Player who Plays another class and is not just killed because some class is so extremely buffed that it's going to kill everything without dying a single time : D in Addition, some different skills would be great, so, no mmofps ^^; (played forge and planetside2, didn't like either of them)

aswell, the leveling should be fun, just playing aion atm, but i'm already getting bored of it

btw (i like greatswords, if theres a game where i can Play a Girl wielding a greatsword, i'm almost in love xD )

Quote Originally Posted by Ishvari View Post
    well, as mentioned in my thread before, i'm looking for a new mmorpg because i'm sick of WoW. played it since release, now it's crap imo, blahblah

what i would wish from this unknown mmorpg - the character customization should be more detailed than "3 faces, 3 haircuts, thats it"
    and because i'm in love with pvp, the pvp should be fun - fun is subjective i know - what i see as "fun" is a game with more than 2 classes, where every Player can kill another Player who Plays another class and is not just killed because some class is so extremely buffed that it's going to kill everything without dying a single time : D in Addition, some different skills would be great, so, no mmofps ^^; (played forge and planetside2, didn't like either of them)

aswell, the leveling should be fun, just playing aion atm, but i'm already getting bored of it

btw (i like greatswords, if theres a game where i can Play a Girl wielding a greatsword, i'm almost in love xD )
    PVP and greatswords... NWO and Tera come to mind. (Greatweapon fighter and Slayer respectively)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishvari View Post

Sounds like Guild Wars 2 might be the thing for you. You can customize your character a lot, if that's what you're looking for. There are many possible skill combinations, although you can use like 8(?) at a time. The pvp is very balanced, with no gear complicating it. And you can have greatswords!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Sounds like Guild Wars 2 might be the thing for you. You can customize your character a lot, if that's what you're looking for. There are many possible skill combinations, although you can use like 8(?) at a time. The pvp is very balanced, with no gear complicating it. And you can have greatswords!
    Oh. Duh.

Yeah. GW2 is a great choice for pvp and greatswords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    for pvp and greatswords.
    haha

well thank you all, i'll try gw2, currently downloading ;_;

I've gotten burnt out on Multiplayer Online video games and I'm looking to play some fun, colorful if not cartoony, platformer games like I used to way back on the Playstation.

I know there's a ton of Indie platformers out there and Steam isn't the only place to find them. Anyone wanna tell me their absolute favorites and some under-the-radar picks they've come to enjoy?
    http://www.twitch.tv/dbjeffc

I recently made a stream where I mainly play D3, LoL, and WoW. Help me make it better! Will usually be up between 5pm - 1am EST.

10+ Year Old Account
    or RTS games like The Settlers would also be fun.
    Off-Topic but if your talking about the Amiga version of the settlers. Your the man. ( Not to start anything but every Settlers game after the amiga verson is junk and never stayed true to the 1st game. Sorry truth hurts )

You want to try a good adventure game? Try the Broken Sword Series. Start over the 1st game and work your way to the PS2 games. You can get the 1st game off steam.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Any games for a soloing collectioner / completionist? I am playing WoW and I like it a lot, as there are lots of stuff to collect (achievements, pets, mounts, etc), but since I am soloing, I find myself limited, unfortunately. Any game with a lot of stuff to collect / do (on the scale of WoW would be fantastic, frequent updates with additions even more so!! ...ahh, a man can dream, right), that would be amenable to solo play? PC only, no consoles.

PS: I heard a lot of good things about Skyrim. Is it big? Is there a lot to do - professions? collectibles? something else?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Any games for a soloing collectioner / completionist? I am playing WoW and I like it a lot, as there are lots of stuff to collect (achievements, pets, mounts, etc), but since I am soloing, I find myself limited, unfortunately. Any game with a lot of stuff to collect / do (on the scale of WoW would be fantastic, frequent updates with additions even more so!! ...ahh, a man can dream, right), that would be amenable to solo play? PC only, no consoles.

PS: I heard a lot of good things about Skyrim. Is it big? Is there a lot to do - professions? collectibles? something else?
    Yeah. 100%ing skyrim will take you a while.

Be sure to get the texture mods and stuff. Bethesda does sloppy work but the community is amazing at polishing.

Skyrim with community made mods would be a good choice. And yeah, Bethesda makes some great open worlds but they are notorious for being buggy. Luckily, it probably has the best modding community of any game that I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyman View Post
    I've gotten burnt out on Multiplayer Online video games and I'm looking to play some fun, colorful if not cartoony, platformer games like I used to way back on the Playstation.

I know there's a ton of Indie platformers out there and Steam isn't the only place to find them. Anyone wanna tell me their absolute favorites and some under-the-radar picks they've come to enjoy?
    Guacamelee is an amazing platformer. One of my favorite recent games. There's a lot of humor, it's incredibly colorful, and has a lot of charm. It's just a really goofy game with very solid gameplay. Would totally recommend to any platformer fan.

God games...

Black and White is the game to go to but I want something different, Might purchase Rues Later as it looks very interesting and not your every day game.

I also saw Godus but looking at it, it needs a lot of refining before its decent enough ATM

Any suggestions guys?

Godus is actually decent at the moment. You might look into timber and stone as well. There are a couple others that are still in closed beta so I won't excite you to much until they're at least in open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by polofood View Post
    DAOC: i don't like it because every time i move in combat, there is a skating movement animation (probably done by the devs to help create bigger wars).
    Never had this issue, not 10 years ago, and not now.

Age of Wushu.

That's the game you want, OP.