I'm curious if there are any MMOs where you could control two characters if you had two computers next to each other and controlled both. And of course that means you could do some stuff easier/by yourself.

I mean. You could technically do this in WoW but you can't handle two rotations by yourself, and a simple buff isn't enough to merit doing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I need some game recommendations.

I'm going to have some down time over the next week and was thinking of finally starting on the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Should I bother with the first game? It has mixed reviews but I do like starting from the beginning.
    Should I start with II? And if so, is the Ezio trilogy pack worth getting?
    Or should I jump straight to III since it just got a price cut?

I'm not going to grab the new $60 game without getting my feet wet first and could use your help on where to begin, thank you.
    I didn't play first few but I did play 3. I believe the story if black flag is tied in with 3 so definitely get it before you get black flag.

Is there any good arena-based pvp game like Bloodline Champions?

As I am waiting for Heroes of the Storm, I am searching for a good arena-based pvp game like http://store.steampowered.com/app/6370/ Bloodline Champions. Is there any?

I don't enjoy games like DotA2, which is more like "less brawling/dueling more cc/debuff/buff spam fest" and I am tired of LoL after 1101 ranked games http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/26275954 (champions I've mastered: 168 Malzahar games, 97 Mordekaiser games, 71 Kassadin, 383 games as support - Sona/Janna/Taric/Leona/Soraka/Thresh/Nunu) and countless blind pick/dominion/arma.

I've tested Smite and other mobas like HoN etc, but their graphic didn't fit my taste at all.

Or shall I just play GW2 BGs while waiting for Heroes of the Storm?
    You know...after years of playing competetive games (Diamond league 1v1 SC2 Season 1 as an example) I am starting to gravitate more into less pressure to perform and more relaxed games That's why no DotA 2 for me).
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-10-20 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    As I am waiting for Heroes of the Storm, I am searching for a good arena-based pvp game like http://store.steampowered.com/app/6370/ Bloodline Champions. Is there any?

I don't enjoy games like DotA2, which is more like "less brawling/dueling more cc/debuff/buff spam fest" and I am tired of LoL after 1101 ranked games http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/26275954 (champions I've mastered: 168 Malzahar games, 97 Mordekaiser games, 71 Kassadin, 383 games as support - Sona/Janna/Taric/Leona/Soraka/Thresh/Nunu) and countless blind pick/dominion/arma.

I've tested Smite and other mobas like HoN etc, but their graphic didn't fit my taste at all.

Or shall I just play GW2 BGs while waiting for Heroes of the Storm?
    You know...after years of playing competetive games (Diamond league 1v1 SC2 Season 1 as an example) I am starting to gravitate more into less pressure to perform and more relaxed games That's why no DotA 2 for me).
    There are 2 "new" games on steam that's similar.
    One of them is Forge that has been out for a bit but recently went f2p, tried that one?
    Another one that just launched is smashmuck champions, that looks really fun but I havent tried yet, have you?

Yea theres a new game called Prime World on steam as well, some Russian developers it seems, havent tried it myself but seems a bit entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    There are 2 "new" games on steam that's similar.
    One of them is Forge that has been out for a bit but recently went f2p, tried that one?
    Another one that just launched is smashmuck champions, that looks really fun but I havent tried yet, have you?

Yea theres a new game called Prime World on steam as well, some Russian developers it seems, havent tried it myself but seems a bit entertaining.
    Thank you. Smashmuck Champions not my style, but I will give Forge a try. And I am not a fun of russian games, so gonna skip Prime World.
    Thank you again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Thank you. Smashmuck Champions not my style, but I will give Forge a try. And I am not a fun of russian games, so gonna skip Prime World.
    Thank you again
    forge isn't bad, but its not good either. i have a free copy on steam i think if you want one.

edit: just seen the game is actually free to play now :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I need some game recommendations.

I'm going to have some down time over the next week and was thinking of finally starting on the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Should I bother with the first game? It has mixed reviews but I do like starting from the beginning.
    Should I start with II? And if so, is the Ezio trilogy pack worth getting?
    Or should I jump straight to III since it just got a price cut?

I'm not going to grab the new $60 game without getting my feet wet first and could use your help on where to begin, thank you.
    I played all games. They're seperately playable, but the story is tied together. You'll definitely get more out of it if you play all games, although gameplay and story gets a lot better at the second game.

Though you can buy a pack containing both assassin's creed 1 and 2 for 10 euro for xbox. And I've found the pc version of ac 1 in a computer store for only 3 euro.

Anyone have recommendations for a game to play? The last single player game I truly played was GTA V, before that probably skyrim. I got a week off of school and want to play some kind of single player game. Please do not recommend any MMO's or console games. Only single player games for PC. By the way I like just about any game whether its rpg, shooter, action, adventure, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for a game to play? The last single player game I truly played was GTA V, before that probably skyrim. I got a week off of school and want to play some kind of single player game. Please do not recommend any MMO's or console games. Only single player games for PC. By the way I like just about any game whether its rpg, shooter, action, adventure, etc.
    a little more information would still be helpful, as with your current request the list is pretty much endless

some of my own favorites of recent years:

Mass Effect
    Dragon Age
    The Witcher

FarCry 3
    Tomb Raider
    Bioshock Infinite (haven't actually played this one myself yet, but it got great reviews across the board)

Dishonored
    Assasins Creed (haven't played the latest, "3")

Anno (2070 or 1404)
    Total War: Shogun 2
    Civilization V

Bastion
    Dust
    Don't Starve

Didn't know where to put this as I don't really want to open a new thread for it. But for those of us waiting for Star Citizen, this upcoming game looks pretty darn good. It's releasing next month.

Edit: didn't realize there was a thread for this game already, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1330148-X-Rebirth

anyway, just learned of this game today, looks great
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-10-20 at 06:51 PM.

Really wanting to play a good open world RPG with several classes, great progression and customization systems for characters weapons and armour and a good crafting system preferably so i can go off of the story and grind here and there (i presume Skyrim may be my only option but not sure if anything else is out there).

TIA

Exo

Nexttt?

Completed Batman prior to GTA coming out, was alright.. nothing amazing, so cba with any of the sequels

Just finished GTA which I found amazing, not too keen on the online part so not going to renew gold

Whats next that I should keep my eyes hooked on seeing as watch dogs was delayed (the pricks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodiea View Post
    Really wanting to play a good open world RPG with several classes, great progression and customization systems for characters weapons and armour and a good crafting system preferably so i can go off of the story and grind here and there (i presume Skyrim may be my only option but not sure if anything else is out there).

TIA

Exo
    i'd recommend Skyrim, but with mods. there are A LOT of great mods of all kinds at nexus mods for that game and they can really improve, expand or completely overhaul the gameplay experience in any way you want.

unfortunately, there aren't really many good open world rpgs around at the moment, so alternatives are quite limited.

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Completed Batman prior to GTA coming out, was alright.. nothing amazing, so cba with any of the sequels

Just finished GTA which I found amazing, not too keen on the online part so not going to renew gold

Whats next that I should keep my eyes hooked on seeing as watch dogs was delayed (the pricks)
    If you into Assasin's Creed - Black Flag seems really different and fun.

Are there any strategy/simulation country management games?

I tried Masters of the World: GPS3, but it was plastered with bugs. However, I really loved the concept of that game. Are there any other recent titles similar to it? I looked at Democracy 3, but I don't think you can really control the military or wage war with other countries in that game.

Europa Universalis 4, the newest game in Paradox EU line of games. That one is excellent starter grand strategy game about nation-leading.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Tropico franchise?

Deleted

Something like Dishonored

A while ago, I played Dishonored. That game was just amazing. Especially the story and immersion were great.

I'm currently looking for a pc game that will grab me and drag me in the same way Dishonored did. With a great story and amazing immersion. I'm into many genres, but I like fantasy/steampunk settings best. I will only play singleplayer.

A few games I liked: Dishonored (duh), DE:HR, Bioshock (all of them), WoW
    A few games I didn't like: GTA, Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    A while ago, I played Dishonored. That game was just amazing. Especially the story and immersion were great.

I'm currently looking for a pc game that will grab me and drag me in the same way Dishonored did. With a great story and amazing immersion. I'm into many genres, but I like fantasy/steampunk settings best. I will only play singleplayer.

You really ought to give Thief serie (1-3) a try. It's fairly cheap on Steam and despite it's age it still manages to look rather great with all the play with shadows and light + it's immersive as hell. The storyline is quite excellent as well, but isn't really shoved in your face as much as it's in the snippets within the game itself.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    there aren't really any other good stealth games around in recent years, but you could just try other rpgs with good story - aka not Skyrim, which focuses mainly on open world :D

the Mass Effect, Dragon Age and The Witcher series are pretty much the best recent ones. they all have a focus on story, great characters and worlds, but quite different gameplay.

or you could try Assasins Creed. there's not much actual sneaking, but it might still feel similar. the story is good, but it's not really the focus of the game.