Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the next step up in the MMO genre, would be integrating console players and the PC crowd into the same one game. It would be fantastic if you were able to play with your friends that play on either the Xbox or Playstation on your PC.

That's been going on for years and years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    [/B]
    That's been going on for years and years now.
    Not in any of the MMOs I have played and neither other genres. I don't care about the MMOs who no one plays, I am talking in regards to major titles since that's what matters.
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

Not in any of the MMOs I have played and neither other genres. I don't care about the MMOs who no one plays, I am talking in regards to major titles since that's what matters.

So basically, "WoW doesn't do it, so it doesn't exist" is what's being said here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So basically, "WoW doesn't do it, so it doesn't exist" is what's being said here?[/FONT]
    No I did not only mean WoW but range of other MMOs, including but not limited to:

WoW
    SWTOR
    Wildstar
    GW2
    Rift
    Aion
    AoC
    Planetside 2
    Star Trek Online
    Vanguard(?)
    Lotro
    EvE
    EQ2
    RS
    Lineage

EQN
    TES although the possibility for console version to come out is viable

need I go more? Much easier if you mention which MMOs actually do have this feature (of at least 50k players). Of course some I have mentioned would never come to consoles due their age as well as lack of funds/devs and even playerbase to support them.

Point being,majority of large titles should have this infrastructure. Look even Diablo 3 does not have this. Uniting multi-platform gaming IS the future.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2013-10-26 at 08:32 PM.
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

Ok, well, the first multi-platform MMO (That I know of) was FFXI and that was over 10 years ago. (And certainly wasn't a "50k or less") game.

FFXIV is multi-platform as well.

It might not be a popular thing right now among the "big developers" but it certainly isn't a new idea either.

My sole point being that more of the bigger developers should be implementing this feature. I simply rarely get to play with my friends on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    yeah, i think you can make a great death-knighty-character in Skyrim, especially with some armor mods and stuff. frost magic, necromancy, spiky black plate armor,..
    Ok thanks you. I need to get a few upgrades for my computer to run it near max settings with mods but I think it'll be worth it. I'm sorta burned out on the mmorpg genre and want to recuperate before Elder Scrolls Online comes out. There are a few games I will list that I would like opinions on whether I should give them a try or not for my PC:

Dark Souls
    Path of Exile
    Binding of Isaac

Basically a game I can play at my own pace and not feel like I have to rush or compete with others to keep up.

Blademaster
    I've heard good things about Dark Souls. PoE is good if you liked D2 and a wide choice of incremental improvements (as opposed to D3 with fewer but higher impact choices). It's also free to play, can't comment on the shop other than to say I haven't heard anything horrible about it. Can't comment on BoI. I'd suggest at least looking at Darksiders 2. It's kind of rpg'y (in terms of talent builds) and also actiony (playstyle). Should be cheap these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravok View Post
    Ok thanks you. I need to get a few upgrades for my computer to run it near max settings with mods but I think it'll be worth it.
    i definitely think it will be. Skyrim is still one of the best looking games, given the right mods :]
    Dark Souls
    Path of Exile
    Binding of Isaac

Basically a game I can play at my own pace and not feel like I have to rush or compete with others to keep up.
    i haven't played Dark Souls myself, but it's very popular. it is supposed to be one of the hardest singleplayer games though, so you will die A LOT
    some people love that, others hate it.

Path of Exile is pretty good, too. you can play it semi-competitive if you chose to, but it's still a good game even if you chose to ignore the online parts of it completely. plus it's f2p, so i'd definitely recommend to give it a try.

don't really know much about Binding of Isaac, but i think it's one of the most popular indie titles, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchen View Post
    Well I hate to post this but my paranoid self HATES to waste money/time trying to get into a game..

Anyhow I am an Ex-WoW/rift raider and I was wondering if anyone could give their thoughts on a decent game to raid in with lots of stuff for down time.

Any and all advice welcome... perhaps some flaming?
    You've practically given the answers to games with decent raiding already yourself: WoW and Rift. There are very few games with good raiding content.
    I found the following list on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_(g...or_raid_bosses
    I hope it helps I'd rate a few of those for you, but I haven't played any but WoW, RuneScape and Minecraft from that list.

I fear, correct me if I'm wrong, that WoW would actually be your best bet... But, as I said, I haven't played many other MMOs, I don't know for sure.

Another thing: Thanks for advising me to play Thief, Wilian! It's a lot of fun! I also got Assassin's Creed 4 in the mail yesterday, it's very cool too.

Signature by Shyama

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    You've practically given the answers to games with decent raiding already yourself: WoW and Rift. There are very few games with good raiding content.
    I found the following list on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_(g...or_raid_bosses
    I hope it helps I'd rate a few of those for you, but I haven't played any but WoW, RuneScape and Minecraft from that list.

I fear, correct me if I'm wrong, that WoW would actually be your best bet... But, as I said, I haven't played many other MMOs, I don't know for sure.

Another thing: Thanks for advising me to play Thief, Wilian! It's a lot of fun! I also got Assassin's Creed 4 in the mail yesterday, it's very cool too.
    why do you have AC4 so soon? is it out this early for consoles or something?

on topic

any rts like games with space combar (preferrably something that can be modded to be starwars) suggestions for empire at war mods will also be welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    i think SWTOR has good raiding content as well, although the gameplay mechanics feel very similar to wow, despite the completely different theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    yes.
    any rts like games with space combar (preferrably something that can be modded to be starwars) suggestions for empire at war mods will also be welcomed
    i don't think you'll find many classic rts with space combat.

there are several good round-based space strategy ("4x") games with quite a bit of depth, like Endless Space, or the rather old but still good Galactic Civilizations II.
    then there are games like Starsector (still in alpha, but GREAT game already!) that can have quite a bit of strategy involved, but focus mainly on actually piloting your own ship(s). does have Star Wars total-conversion mods already, too.
    and then there's something like Sins of a Solar Empire, which is probably closest to 'normal' rts games, but doesn't quite have the depth of the ones mentioned above, nor of rts like Starcraft or Anno.

you could also take a look at FTL. it's probably not what you were looking for, but technically counts as "rts with space combat" and is pretty unique :]

oh, you could also try Stardrive, it would probably be what you are looking for - but be warned, it was released in a completely broken state (many gamebreaking bugs, balancing problems and performance issues) and i doubt it's much better now.
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-10-27 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post

on topic

I live in a rather small town where shops don't care about release dates, since no one checks on them anyway.

Signature by Shyama

I'm looking for an RPG similar to Demon's Souls/Dark Souls in the sense that it's dark atmosphere, all out RPG single player with stats/levels, deep exploration lots of gear choices etc. I don't want an MMO and I don't want any party control.

I've tried The Witcher 2 for about 25 minutes and almost died of boredom with one click combat. If the combat picks up later on I may try it again, otherwise: shoot your suggestions at me!

love wow looking for high population game. pay for play is cool. which has most players behind wow??

Quote Originally Posted by navydude1976 View Post
    love wow looking for high population game. pay for play is cool. which has most players behind wow??
    The gap between wow and the next big game is very huge. I've heard Rift, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Aion and Guild Wars 2 are good.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    I'm looking for an RPG similar to Demon's Souls/Dark Souls in the sense that it's dark atmosphere, all out RPG single player with stats/levels, deep exploration lots of gear choices etc. I don't want an MMO and I don't want any party control.

I've tried The Witcher 2 for about 25 minutes and almost died of boredom with one click combat. If the combat picks up later on I may try it again, otherwise: shoot your suggestions at me!
    You should try Dishonored. It's dark, great atmosphere. There are lots of choices to make, lots of paths to take. No gear choices, but you can chose your own abilities.

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post

the combat in The Witcher 2 gets a little bit better, but it's still the weakest part of the game. i don't think you'll really find any other games with the challenging combat of Dark Souls, though.

you can try Dishonored, as Cyonis suggested, or even Skyrim with heavily modded combat.

Quote Originally Posted by navydude1976 View Post
    if you want something with similar gameplay to wow, swtor or rift are both pretty close. don't mind the "free to play" of swtor btw, that's basically just a glorified trial and hardly worth playing for more than a demo. dunno about rift's buisness model.

guild wars 2 is rather different, but also very good (imo).

there isn't any other mmo with quite the playerbase of wow, but it actually shouldn't matter at all as long as the individual servers are full.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    if you want something with similar gameplay to wow, swtor or rift are both pretty close. don't mind the "free to play" of swtor btw, that's basically just a glorified trial and hardly worth playing for more than a demo. dunno about rift's buisness model.

guild wars 2 is rather different, but also very good (imo).

there isn't any other mmo with quite the playerbase of wow, but it actually shouldn't matter at all as long as the individual servers are full.
    Rift is f2p, with some extras if you do pay. And I fully agree with that it shouldn't matter as long as the individual servers are full. I used to play a game that had 500 active players during peak times, but 1 server. That game felt more full than WoW sometimes.

Signature by Shyama

Hi guys, I'm new in the forum. I'm a player of LoL, actually silver 1 but I'm started to get a little bit tired of the game, so now I'm looking for another good online game, but it has to have some ranking, I mean, divisions, elo... I love competitive gaming and I like a lot to grind divisions, or get elo!
    I've played: WoW, Lol, Smite, DotA2

If it's possible, a F2P

Quote Originally Posted by Oderlods View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new in the forum. I'm a player of LoL, actually silver 1 but I'm started to get a little bit tired of the game, so now I'm looking for another good online game, but it has to have some ranking, I mean, divisions, elo... I love competitive gaming and I like a lot to grind divisions, or get elo!
    I've played: WoW, Lol, Smite, DotA2

If it's possible, a F2P
    1) welcome!^^
    2) with LoL, Smite and DotA2, you already have the good "moba" games covered. there are still others, like Heroes of Newerth, but you probably won't find them as good as those three.
    3) Starcraft II probably has the biggest competitive scene after DotA 2 and LoL, but is of course another genre entirely, and would take quite some time to become good at. there's a demo ("starter edition") but i don't know if it's useable to test multiplayer matches.