Deleted

Wanting to start something new.

I've recently quit World of Warcraft, to start on something new, and a little more exciting. I'm struggling to find a game, and I don't really want to return to WoW,
    So what would you guys recommend? I like fps games, role playing etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danblades View Post
    I've recently quit World of Warcraft, to start on something new, and a little more exciting. I'm struggling to find a game, and I don't really want to return to WoW,

Thanks
    For FPS, Blacklight Retribution is a pretty decent F2P game. The gunplay is pretty solid and it's good fun. It's a bit P2W, but it's not too bad and won't really ruin your experience at all.

For MMORPG's, I'd recommend Rift (F2P WoW-esque game), TSW (B2P game without traditional leveling or classes), Tera (F2P with good action combat, a bit grindy though) or SWTOR (very restrictive F2P model, but basically WoW in the Star Wars universe).

Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    I am searching for a game that is not based on teamplay(like dota or lol) but still has the action and the strategy part. I was struggling between a TCG or CCG and starcraft. I was thinking at starcraft but im just scared to try it because i think that it has waaaaay too much depth(you need to know keybinds,micro,macro,strategy, how to be fast enough and it just seems like a mountain to me.) If someone can give some suggestions or some advice?
    SC2 has actually incredibly simplified keybindings and it's much MUCH easier to micro/macro than sc1 was. All buildings basically have the same W,S, A, D keybindings so you only need to memorize the number the bulidings is associated to.

Group barracks to 5, press 5, press Q = Marine

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
    Dark Messiah: Might and magic

Controls are a bit clunky by today's standard but still very fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For FPS, Blacklight Retribution is a pretty decent F2P game. The gunplay is pretty solid and it's good fun. It's a bit P2W, but it's not too bad and won't really ruin your experience at all.

For MMORPG's, I'd recommend Rift (F2P WoW-esque game), TSW (B2P game without traditional leveling or classes), Tera (F2P with good action combat, a bit grindy though) or SWTOR (very restrictive F2P model, but basically WoW in the Star Wars universe).
    Hey thanks for the quick reply! I will certainly try out SWTOR, I've heard some decent things about it. Have you played guild wars 2? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Worth buying and the time? I've played guild wars prophecies, factions and nightfall and enjoyed them both!

Deleted
    I would say Wolfteam WAS good but since they made skins what give you stats the game became a Pay to Win game and you know that this kind of game are not good =(

Hawken is amazingly fun. It's basically Quake with mechs, but heavily team based.

You also can try Tribes: Ascend, if you like sniping people at 300 miles an hour in midair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im shocked nobody has mentioned Quake Live.

http://www.quakelive.com/#!home
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Deleted
    I'm looking for a PC game, available on Steam, where I can just be EVIL. but REALLY evil. You know how they let some movie bad guys kick a dog to show how evil they are? I want to poison the dog, douse it in gasoline while it's dying, tie dynamite around it, light the fuse and kick the dog into an orphanage. I want to play someone so evil, the hypothetical offspring of cruela deville and Hitler would think the character's actions are messed up.

does a game like that exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you played guild wars 2? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Worth buying and the time? I've played guild wars prophecies, factions and nightfall and enjoyed them both!
    it's pretty good at what it does, but not really similar to guild wars 1. i'd say it's definitely worth giving it a try though, especially since it's just b2p.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    does a game like that exist?
    i'd suggest KotOR if you still want a serious story.

most games either just have some choices that are selfish or merciless rather than actually evil, or take a humorous approach at the whole being evil thing. Overlord would be one of the later that i heard is pretty fun, but i haven't actually played it myself. Fable probably fits that category as well (at least Fable III does) and maybe even something like Fallout: New Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    The creepy house from the opening of classic Scooby Doo
    Pokemon X and Y!

Hiya! I'm looking for an MMO or MMORPG that needs teamwork. Having classes that matter would be most important to me(as in I don't want to see a warrior that can survive on fricking potions and not need a healer or an archer that can just tank with a pet) game that has no boundaries (as in no invisible wall s*** that doesn't let you jump over a f***ing fence!) If possible...a game that you can recognize someone by how they made their character. Not some hairstyle and face that 1000000's of people have and some pointless set armor that others of 1000000's people have. And last would be a world to explore that you can commit shenanagins in. For example run off a cliff and fall for 20000 feet to land in water for no reason :P , or to just rush into a dungeon and pull all the mobs and just run away for no reason what so ever :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lareeyon View Post
    Dark Messiah: Might and magic
    You, sir or madam, have impeccable taste. Dark Messiah is still one of my favorite games of all time.

I'm looking for some TCG game for android. Got SGS3. Genre doesn't matter, only requirement is that it has to be offline

Recommend me a non-MMO PC game with good storyline

Like the title says.. I am feeling the burnout of MMOs. I thought it was only from WoW and have tried other MMOs off and on (GW2, Rift, LOTRO, TSW, FF14, Neverwinter, SWTOR) but the more I think about it the more I feel my burnout isn't limited to WoW and it's from the entire MMO genre itself where it's the same thing of level > gear up > raid, and due to the fact I'll generally play every single day, 5+ hours a day and like 13 hours on weekends.

That said, can anyone recommend a good single-player game, PC preferably (my brother has a PS3 but I don't play it often) with a good storyline so I can try and take a break from the monotony of MMOs? I like games with good storylines, they can "feel" like an MMO without being an MMO if that makes sense (think Dragon Age or Kingdoms of Amalur, both of which look like an MMO without being an MMO to me). The type of setting doesn't really matter, I like all kinds from fantasy to steampunk to sci-fi to modern.

Any ideas? I'm wanting to expand my horizons and the only game similar to this that I've played has been Skyrim, but I felt that was a bit TOO open and I often felt overwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Like the title says..
    i'd suggest the The Witcher series. that's definitely among the best story stuff you're going to get. the gameplay isn't all that great though, sadly, especially in the first one. you can start with part 2 right away, but it's probably not a good idea to do so if you are playing it mainly for the story.

the two you mentioned (DA and KoA) are both pretty good too, as is the Mass Effect series.

Knights of the Old Republic has great story as well, and was the basis for swtor (it's set three centuries before the events of the mmo) but is already somewhat dated. i'd say it's definitely worth a try, since you can get it pretty cheap now.

the Dark Messiah (of Might and Magic) that was mentioned above has a cool story too. and even though it's almost completely linear with only a handful of actual choices at the end, it does a great job of immersing you into the character you play rather than just feeling like some sort of invisible spectator :D
    but as with KotOR, it's somewhat dated already.

or you could try The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us, which both focus almost exclusively on story and dialogue, with most of the interaction being about choices in those, rather than 'real gameplay'.
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-11-25 at 03:47 PM.

Sorry I should have mentioned that I played and beat KOTOR 1 and 2 back in the Xbox days. I do actually have the Witcher (the first one) but the gameplay kinda turned me off of it as it was pretty bad. I might check out Mass Effect I've heard good things about that.

If you have a PS3, Nobleshield, you do yourself a disservice if you don't play The Last of Us.

For the PC, what about the Bioshock games? They have a decent story as well. The latest Tomb Raider game was great, at least for me it was (there are differing opinions on it), although it might not be quite as story focused as you want, still a fun adventure though.

Anyway, just a few suggestions other than what Sy posted. And I agree 100% about your feeling of MMOs, I still play them though due to them having worlds with other people around (if not for that, I find them to be garbage games).

I got a fun browser MMO game to suggest called Amazing World from Ganz Studios! Amazing World is an exciting browser-based, open world, 3D MMO game. You get to play your own way with tons of quests, puzzles, mini-games and action-packed multi-player events. A few additional features include...

Cooperative Adventures: Team up with friends and work together to defeat enemies and explore new levels.

Competitive Play: Compete with friends in the Spring Bay to chase away all the pesky Nix. Scare away the most Nix to earn the golden crown!

Decorate Your Home And Yard: Build and decorate all of your houses, inside and out! Upgrade your homes to be bigger and better. Unlock new areas to decorate as you level up!

Collect Cool Stuff: Complete collections to earn exclusive items.

And much, much more!

I highly recommend it and is worth checking out!

I'm looking for a good free (preferably not P2W) or sub based with a free trial MMO-type game. It doesn't have to be RPG, but I'm fine with them. I'm not looking for WoW (played for years, done for now), SW:TOR (played, got sick of their F2P model), PoE (play it) or any MOBAs (play League, don't like any others).

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I'm looking for a good free (preferably not P2W) or sub based with a free trial MMO-type game. It doesn't have to be RPG, but I'm fine with them. I'm not looking for WoW (played for years, done for now), SW:TOR (played, got sick of their F2P model), PoE (play it) or any MOBAs (play League, don't like any others).
    EVE has a 14 day free trial.
    Neverwinter is FTP
    I think RIFT has a free trial now, but I don't recall.
    GW2 and TSW are both B2P
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.