There doesn't appear to be any new or upcoming strategy (rts or turn based) games coming out. It doesn't seem to be a popular genre sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There doesn't appear to be any new or upcoming strategy (rts or turn based) games coming out. It doesn't seem to be a popular genre sadly.
    Well they do make them.. but they're really not something that interests me. Games like Europe Universalis 4, Total war 2: Rome, even that Venice game. But just using maps and 2d images makes them boring and TW2 is too focused on battles and has very little building and city planning.

So yeah.. they still make plenty of strategy games but Im more interested in something with a lot of freedom that allows you progress through ages or eras. (Civilization games, Age of Empires, Empire Earth..) or at least has a very large tech tree so it would allow for very long and slow games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Does anyone know if there are games like Civilization 5
    i don't know of any that really fit what you seem to be looking for, other than the ones you already mentioned and apparently dislike.

however, if you're willing to try out something different that still focuses on on building and/or diplomacy, you could try either Anno (1404 or 2070) or a "4X" game like Endless Space.
    neither of them really feel like Civ, but imo Anno is still (one of?) the best when it comes to managing your town with its population and production cycles. and Endless Space is actually rather similar in how things like production, building, research, diplomacy or expansion work, even though you manage planets and star systems rather than cities.
    both also have some combat, without having a focus on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i don't know of any that really fit what you seem to be looking for, other than the ones you already mentioned and apparently dislike.

however, if you're willing to try out something different that still focuses on on building and/or diplomacy, you could try either Anno (1404 or 2070) or a "4X" game like Endless Space.
    neither of them really feel like Civ, but imo Anno is still (one of?) the best when it comes to managing your town with its population and production cycles. and Endless Space is actually rather similar in how things like production, building, research, diplomacy or expansion work, even though you manage planets and star systems rather than cities.
    both also have some combat, without having a focus on it.
    Unfortunately Ive played Anno games even longer and got totally bored of them I even tried Anno Online for a few months. Great games though, would certainly recommend. Have to look up Endless Space though so thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    that genre seems to have died out.. c&c hasnt had a good game in years and age of whatever's latest was a remake or a crappy online cash shop thing and i dont think rise of nations has had a new game for a very long time
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-12-22 at 09:50 AM.

Online Multiplayer Games that Require No Installation

Long story short: My friend needs to find some fun and kid-friendly games that you can play with at least one other person and that require no installation.

and it can't be the "farmville" type of "multiplayer" where you can just go to your friend's place and do 5 actions there. (no, 4 or 6 actions don't count either lol)

please help me, MMO Champion
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Minecraft has little to no installation required if you buy it and it's extremely kid-friendly (even for 5 year olds) when played on peaceful or creative.

Runescape is excellent
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Not multiplayer but you can compete against each other in terms of score - Bloons Tower Defense. Fucking magnificent game.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Looking for a New Name to Play

Greetings! I am looking for a new game to play. I don't have a lot of games under my belt, so, theoretically, the sky is the limit.

(needs to be a PC game, just fyi)

I liked SimCity 5 for a few hours, but somehow it just didn't stick - if that makes sense. I like Civilization 5 as well, but burned out on it. Been an avid fan of WoW since inception.

What I'm looking for:

Building, creating, warring/fighting
    Stragetgy

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If there is something that needs clarifying ask and I'll answer.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Tried Towns? It looks simple at first, but there's actually quite a lot to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe minecraft, it has a lot of building

Deleted
    You could try the Anno series.According to your description you would really enjoy it.Anno 2070 (futuristic) can be purchased on Steam,while you will have to purchase Anno 1404 (or any other sequel you want) from Ubisoft's website.
    It received very good reviews,even though for some reason it never got to the attention of the main gaming crowd.From my experience with Anno 1404,its a brilliant product.Very detailed,and requires you to actually put effort into your city/trading/whatever.Similar to Civ except it focuses on towns/your kingdom.

Edit

A link for Steam.50% off due to sale,but it will most likely go down even further in a daily/flash sale. http://store.steampowered.com/app/48240/
    Last edited by mmocb3bae280f1; 2013-12-23 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Link to Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have said Project Spark looks like a great building and crafting game, but it's not out yet and comes on the X1

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out Terraria. It's on sale on steam right now for $4.99 (USD). It seems simple at first glance, but there's actually a LOT of gameplay there for such a simple game. I've got 82 hours into it, and I rarely put more than 10 into a game.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Greetings! I am looking for a new game to play. I don't have a lot of games under my belt, so, theoretically, the sky is the limit.

(needs to be a PC game, just fyi)

I liked SimCity 5 for a few hours, but somehow it just didn't stick - if that makes sense. I like Civilization 5 as well, but burned out on it. Been an avid fan of WoW since inception.

What I'm looking for:

Building, creating, warring/fighting
    Stragetgy

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If there is something that needs clarifying ask and I'll answer.

Thanks!
    Minecraft sounds perfect for you. If you could find/setup a server with factions it really is awesome.
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-12-23 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I need a good 'old school' rpg.

Something Like FF4/6. I just don't want it super anime hair and super emo heroes.

PC, 360/PS3, Android Device are my possible platforms. I would love some suggestions.

I've Played every FF10 and below, both DA games, both Witcher games, uh... lots of them. I'm looking for something indie/newish that I've not heard about or played that is a throw-back to that style without having it go uber-cartoon/anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

ok, so here's what happened:

my friend tried minecraft classic (which is free 2 play), but he couldn't get it to work.

he also tried runescape, and he managed to play it and leave the tutorial area, but his little friend was unable to make the game run for some reason.

so my friend is still brooding.

are there any simpler alternatives? he just needs a simple and fun game that can have true multiplayer interaction and with kid-friendly themes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Not multiplayer but you can compete against each other in terms of score - Bloons Tower Defense. Fucking magnificent game.
    I appreciate your contribution, but games where you can compete about score abound on facebook, so that's not exactly what my friend's looking for.

still, I appreciate the thought, and I think I'll try this game later, since you are recommending it
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I need a good 'old school' rpg.

Something Like FF4/6. I just don't want it super anime hair and super emo heroes.

PC, 360/PS3, Android Device are my possible platforms. I would love some suggestions.

I've Played every FF10 and below, both DA games, both Witcher games, uh... lots of them. I'm looking for something indie/newish that I've not heard about or played that is a throw-back to that style without having it go uber-cartoon/anime.
    Try Persona 3 FES and Persona 4, P3 is a bit more anime-ish than P4, but P4 is pretty down to earth for the most part, and they're both pretty good and well-appreciated games. They're not quite your standard RPGs, but they're different in an interesting way. Can't really think of anything to compare them to.

Deleted
    I'd try Runescape.