Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    From my experience with Anno 1404,its a brilliant product.Very detailed,and requires you to actually put effort into your city/trading/whatever.Similar to Civ except it focuses on towns/your kingdom.
    Yeah Dawn of Discovery is a really good game. Looks beautiful too even thought it's pretty old now. It crashed for me on ultra a lot but I managed to fix it somehow.. not sure what I did though. Also the AI is pretty stupid and cheats a lot.. better than in Anno 2070 but still bad.

From what I remember, when I played against hard enemies and they got a little too greedy or declared war on me, I just wanted to teach them a lesson instead of eliminating them as I was going for longer games and after burning down half their down, they never managed to rebuild it. It just sat there for a while, then the AI gave up and left the game.

Help me find a PC game to play

Bored with every game ive played since a year back and the dead situation in WoW waiting for WoD i really want to find a new game that i can get hooked to :P

I would like a single player adventure game with a good story, prefer if its very long our quite long and have some action in it aswell :P Something like Half Life or GTA and not to far off into Sci Fi things

If GTA 5 was playable on PC i would have my game but for now, u guys got any tips for me?

Im thinking of Assasins Creed(Its on sale on Steam as im writing) but im not sure how it is on PC, anyone got info?

Cheers
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2013-12-29 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Bored with every game ive played since a year back and the dead situation in WoW waiting for WoD i really want to find a new game that i can get hooked to :P

I would like a single player adventure game with a good story, prefer if its very long our quite long and have some action in it aswell :P Something like Half Life or GTA and not to far off into Sci Fi things

If GTA 5 was playable on PC i would have my game but for now, u guys got any tips for me?

Im thinking of Assasins Creed(Its on sale on Steam as im writing) but im not sure how it is on PC, anyone got info?

Cheers
    Assassin's Creed is pretty good, but most everyone will say that the third game is pretty crappy (by the standards of the series), and the fourth kind of loses itself, in terms of lore. I personally found the combat system to be pretty redundant and bland (basically hod block the whole time, then press one button to counter). My teacher loves the games and suggested me Dishonored, which I bought for $13.50 (GotY Edition as a Daily Deal), and she says it''s one of her favorite games ever (shes has posters of all 4 AC characters in her office, along with a BIG Dishonored poster, if that's any indication). So I'd say AC is a decent choice, but I figured I woudl add that Dishonored is there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    Assassin's Creed is pretty good, but most everyone will say that the third game is pretty crappy (by the standards of the series), and the fourth kind of loses itself, in terms of lore.
    you mean the 5th and 6th games right?

the third game is brotherhood and a lot of people think that is the best one of the series

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Cheers
    if you like GTA, you should try Sleeping Dogs and/or Saints Row IV. the former focuses on a more serious story, while the later pretty much goes in the opposite direction.

if you want a good fps, i suggest Far Cry 3, possibly with mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    you mean the 5th and 6th games right?

the third game is brotherhood and a lot of people think that is the best one of the series
    Yeah, I suppose I mean it in the literal sense of III and IV, when the Assassins actually change. Of course, most people consider the first game average and the second amazing, while I think the opposite (to an extent), so maybe if I actually get through the series, my opinion will again differ from the crowd.

Team game request!

Hey, people!

I'm a member of a group of people that loves playing games together... But we've all got our own things to do, so our gaming together is mostly done in the evenings.
    A standard MMO doesn't cut it anymore for us; people grind at their own pace, after all, and you'll just spend most of your time... Well; not actually playing together. So we're not into that, all that much.

Then we discovered Warframe, and had oodles of fun (for a while). There was most definitely progression, there, but the progression wasn't as steep as in a standard MMO. You could join up regardless of your level, and with a small team have some fun. But it did become repetitive, and try as we might, the whole 'potato'-system (where you slot a capacity increase in your item that resets the level of your item so that you have to relevel it entirely in order to slot your item's stats) became so tedious that we just couldn't go on.

Games like Diablo are too... 'click-to-move.' As in: They're just not engaging; the character is miles removed. Rather than controlling your character, it feels like you're ordering the character around. So we're not much into that kind of gameplay.

Which leaves us... Blank.

So; does anyone have some suggestions on what games we should try?

Thanks in advance!

(Also: We're dedicated PC gamers. Not because we're against consoles, but because all of us at least have a PC. Edit: Also, we're not very competitive, so PvP isn't our thing either.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Hi guys!!
    hi, and welcome!

if you're looking for recommendations, you should probably try to better define the kind of games you're looking for. "like xbox and ps3" isn't exactly a genre, nor is "luck based games" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Hey, people!
    if you have a specific number of people you want to play with, you should tell us how many there are. because many good multiplayer/co-op games have a party size limit. for example, Borderlands 1 and 2 are great games to play with friends and would probably appeal to you guys if you enjoy shooters, but can only be played with a total of 4 people at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    if you have a specific number of people you want to play with, you should tell us how many there are. because many good multiplayer/co-op games have a party size limit. for example, Borderlands 1 and 2 are great games to play with friends and would probably appeal to you guys if you enjoy shooters, but can only be played with a total of 4 people at most.
    Yeah; warframe also has a 4-player limit for groups. Our group... Fluctuates, so to speak, between three and six, usually.
    I don't think borderlands will be among them (one of our players started the second game really hyped up and quickly grew bored of it), but thanks for the tip; will check it out regardless.
    Keep em coming!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Yeah Dawn of Discovery is a really good game. Looks beautiful too even thought it's pretty old now. It crashed for me on ultra a lot but I managed to fix it somehow.. not sure what I did though. Also the AI is pretty stupid and cheats a lot.. better than in Anno 2070 but still bad.

From what I remember, when I played against hard enemies and they got a little too greedy or declared war on me, I just wanted to teach them a lesson instead of eliminating them as I was going for longer games and after burning down half their down, they never managed to rebuild it. It just sat there for a while, then the AI gave up and left the game.
    Banished is coming out soon it's a city-builder game similar to Anno

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Hey, people!
    You could try PAYDAY 2 it's a 4-person co-op game.

Requesting an MMO (preferably MMORPG) on PC

Hello all! For a few weeks I've been lurking these threads and today I have finally decided to make an account! Anyways, I would like to ask of you to suggest to me a few MMO's or MMORPG's. Now, I will try to be specific as possible with what I want so that you guys won't have to do too much work.
    To start off, I want it to be (obviously) a multiplayer game. I would like it to be more fantasy/medival/magic oriented with different class choices. (such as WoW or LoL or DotA). I don't really care about character customization much, or about overly complex skill trees, but a decent amount of skills to choose from would be nice. Next, it HAS to be free (I have no money to spend on videogames... my parents are hardcore Asian and so they are pretty cheap). If it requires a download (not browser based), it would be nice of it to have a version to run on Linux (preferably Ubuntu 12.04, since that is what I use) without an emulator such as Wine, then that would be FANTASTIC. Now, the mechanics of the game. I don't mind if its a shooter or a hack 'n slash or a mix of both due to a variety of classes, but the view of it should be Top-down, like Diablo. I really don't like First person games or Third person when the camera is always right behind your character's neck. A good example of a top-down game is Spiral Knights; it was very enjoyable for me and the only part of my preferences that it doesn't fit is that it doesn't have specific classes or skills. Anyway, if the game is NOT top down, thats ok, but one thing that really annoys me is the crosshairs stuck in the middle of the screen for games such as TF2 or Tera. For me, this means i have to align everything up so the enemy is in the center of the screen, and I prefer to aim freely with the mouse. Finally, WASD controls would be GREATLY appereciated. I'm pretty sure thats it. Ill give you a list of games that I'm currently playing so you can know what I like.

Realm of the Mad God: Has everything above except for Skill trees.
    Spiral Knights: Has everything except classes and skill trees.
    Flare: Has everything except Multiplayer capabilities.

Thank you in advance for all your hard work in other suggestion threads and I hope you guys will give me a game so I can (finally) play something I like. And yes, I know I'm a picky person.

Welcome to the community! I've merged your post with the sticky thread dedicated to the ageless question of "what to play next?" While you're waiting for responses, feel free to take a look at the directory, where you can find links to various megathreads and other threads of interest.

Poofi, have you tried Vindictus? Seems like that satisfies a lot of your requests (although I'm not sure about the Linux part)

Looking for a good life sim game?

Hey all,

So, directly related to life sim games, I've played the Sims (Keeps my attention for a few days, put it down for a year, rinse and repeat) and Second Life (did not like at all). Indirectly, there are life sim aspects to games like Skyrim, GTA IV, hell, Minecraft or any Sandbox-style game.

To keep this thread short - are there any other good life sim games like that out there? I'm looking for a new game to really invest in and I think it'd be really cool to dive deep into a life sim type of game.

Or maybe I just need to start doing things with the life I have outside the computer T_T
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    Arma 3 life servers come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Krytz View Post
    Arma 3 life servers come to mind.
    Eh, I'm not a huge fan of the Arma engine. Day Z was a nightmare for me.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Eh, I'm not a huge fan of the Arma engine. Day Z was a nightmare for me.
    Arma 3 is (a little) smoother, it honestly takes a while to figure it out, I hated DayZ mod for it's glitchiness. but I adored ARrma Life servers. I was looking for the same kind of thing you were I spent many, many days of my life fucking around on them, whether it be from going whaling, running a gang, killing police, or playing it completely legal. and doing a proper job.

Quote Originally Posted by Krytz View Post
    Arma 3 is (a little) smoother, it honestly takes a while to figure it out, I hated DayZ mod for it's glitchiness. but I adored ARrma Life servers. I was looking for the same kind of thing you were I spent many, many days of my life fucking around on them, whether it be from going whaling, running a gang, killing police, or playing it completely legal. and doing a proper job.
    So you like the Arma Life mod?

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    I do but I'd suggest watching some youtube vids of it first. like this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z_byUJDW34

I should watch videos first in future...
    Last edited by mmocd12b76f7bc; 2014-01-02 at 04:07 AM.

Deleted
    Now i can't really input links into my posts yet, but i am suggesting the MMORPG game 'Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn'

It's a really high quality game, they do not have a 10-day trial or so, but buy the game for a fair price and you get 30 days of gametime into it, no sub needed.
    Only if you choose to play further than those 30 days you get from buying the game, you have to subscribe.

Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn (FFXIV:RR) Brings a lot of Customization to your character, you'll even be able to get all the jobs (classes and professions) on 1 character, so no mass leveling.

But check out the game to see races and such, i'm only having a good experience with the game.