Try these.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    ok well try wildstar its a great game , but if you want soemthing f2p go Neverwinter online , its a good game to pass these couple moths :P
    I would also recommend Neverwinter online if you don't mind your character moving like he/she has a stick up their ass. Seriously though, it's a beautiful game and I would recommend it.#

Another game that's AMAZING if you don't mind the instancing is Vindictus. The movement and the combat is absolutely amazing, my only problem with it is that everything is instanced much so like neverwinter online is, but again, the combat is AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/oEtkcwF.png[img]

Try these.
    Someone's been busy.

http://i.imgur.com/oEtkcwF.png

Try these.
    Most of them are rubbish

I know you asked for MMOs, but try Smite

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Vindictus is really fun imo :3
    Yes, it is!

Playing Vella right now myself. I love the new city.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Best games to to play are games who completly play different then wow.
    Defiance / the secret world are good examples , but they get rather repetitive. But its great fun for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Eve Online is the only MMO worth checking. The rest are either bad wow-clones or "We can do better then Wow because we are so different" but failed to do so.
    ( ^ This is opinion, not a fact.)
    TERA has a good combat system imo.

EVE is also great, but do not expect a WoW style MMO. You will have to put a little bit of work into it.

I would probably say Tera or Rift, both pretty good but don't have anywhere near the same production quality as wow.

Having put at least 5 years into EVE and not played it for at least a year an a half, i would say, its not to be taken lightly. it requires a certain time investment to even break the metaphorical cellophane wrap. I played for at least 6 months before i grasped the basic jist of the game, but it is very unique in terms of pvp and community. some of the community are cool, lots of ppl are ass hat elitists. and thats being kind, probably won't find a game with greater depth though, in terms of loot and progression its on a scale that is hilarious, you do get gear for your ships but you could play it for years and never see purple mods (officer loot). hell it'll take you about a year before your even able to grind your own dedspace loot (blue). and thats still a maybe, its progression curve is like no other game, its about inflicting losses on your enemies while minimizing your own, when it comes right down to it, Eve is a Hoarders dream, because that is the only real goal, hoard as much stuff as you can. because you will eventually be attracted to pvp as it is the only 'end game' that exists so you want to build up as much buffer as you can before going into it. that would be my break down, for a new player thinking about playing Eve, be prepared to spend a year or more building up assets and learning the game mechanics, then branch out into null and alliance activities/warfare, you could stay in high sec indefinitely but you'd be missing out on a large portion of what makes the game special.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-08-22 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceruion View Post
    That was encouraging D:
    It is also total nonsense.

I think GW2 is pretty great. Star Wars is also well worth it for the class stories alone. I tend to enjoy most mmo for atleast a few months. More than enough time to justify the box price imho.There are plenty of free mmos that are well worth playing. Go nuts really. You never know what you will like untill you try them.

Deleted
    Ok Im expecting a no, it doesn't exist with this but are there any AAA MMOs that are more like fantasy life simulators and not that action based? I mean where the world wouldn't conveniently be filled with monsters to kill and you'd actually have to go out to find one instead of grinding them behind the fence of a local farm. Something where you could become a blacksmith or a shopkeeper etc. and wouldn't even have to fight anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Ok Im expecting a no, it doesn't exist with this but are there any AAA MMOs that are more like fantasy life simulators and not that action based? I mean where the world wouldn't conveniently be filled with monsters to kill and you'd actually have to go out to find one instead of grinding them behind the fence of a local farm. Something where you could become a blacksmith or a shopkeeper etc. and wouldn't even have to fight anything.
    I've tried looking for games of the like and the only one i have tried which isn't triple A by any stretch of the imagination(it runs on java), check out wurm online maybe, its the only sort of fantasy mmo-ish (not hugely populated although last time i loaded it up the launcher showed there were over 1k ppl playing spread across maybe 10 or so servers) game that i know of where you can actually pick up a trade and work on it, exactly like your asking for really, farming blacksmithing woodcutting fishing mining cooking etc etc. its more of a cross between minecraft (a game notch actually worked on before mc) and perhaps a village sim. there are monsters but fighting is not mandatory unless you go on a pvp server maybe. its hit or miss really, you'll either like it or you'll hate it, the only other game like it i suppose which i don't even think has an alpha even yet, Life is feudal. maybe there are others but i haven't found them. life is feudal looks more graphically pleasing than wurm if you can be bothered to wait for it.

i'm actually curious now if there is another one hiding out there somewhere. it seems to me that the sandbox rpg hasn't quite reached triple A studios, they're all made by indie developers still.

edit: after mentioning wurm i decided to go back in and hooked up with some old buds if you decide to give it a try hit me up on xanadu i use the same name in game. willing to help anyone get started with tips ect.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-08-27 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Well theres mabinogi too but i havent tried it out in like 5-7 years
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of anything that fits that perfectly...however there are games like FFXIV:ARR that let you be a crafter without ever laying a hand on an enemy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I've tried looking for games of the like and the only one i have tried which isn't triple A by any stretch of the imagination(it runs on java), check out wurm online maybe, its the only sort of fantasy mmo-ish (not hugely populated although last time i loaded it up the launcher showed there were over 1k ppl playing spread across maybe 10 or so servers) game that i know of where you can actually pick up a trade and work on it, exactly like your asking for really, farming blacksmithing woodcutting fishing mining cooking etc etc. its more of a cross between minecraft (a game notch actually worked on before mc) and perhaps a village sim. there are monsters but fighting is not mandatory unless you go on a pvp server maybe. its hit or miss really, you'll either like it or you'll hate it, the only other game like it i suppose which i don't even think has an alpha even yet, Life is feudal. maybe there are others but i haven't found them. life is feudal looks more graphically pleasing than wurm if you can be bothered to wait for it.

i'm actually curious now if there is another one hiding out there somewhere. it seems to me that the sandbox rpg hasn't quite reached triple A studios, they're all made by indie developers still.

edit: after mentioning wurm i decided to go back in and hooked up with some old buds if you decide to give it a try hit me up on xanadu i use the same name in game. willing to help anyone get started with tips ect.
    Thanks but it kinda has to be triple A. The browser games and indies are too primitive so they don't really give a good feeling of immersion (unless they have strong communities and aren't focused on solo play) and f2p games usually go too far with their cash shops. Life is Feudal looks interesting though.

http://i.imgur.com/oEtkcwF.png

Try these.
    You are lacking Ugaris - The legend Recovered, the best of all those games =)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gend-Recovered

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2014-08-28 at 08:55 PM.

Oh man, I can't remember the name of it, but there is one in development a friend was enthusing about. I'll edit my post if I can find the name of it for you.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Oh man, I can't remember the name of it, but there is one in development a friend was enthusing about. I'll edit my post if I can find the name of it for you.
    Thanks, hope it'll come to you

15+ Year Old Account
    i have a 3ds and am looking for a new rpg to play. recently i have played:

Radiant Historia, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei, the Pokemon Games, Bravely Default, and Golden Sun Dark Dawn.

any solid game recommendations would be nice.

So, I have a very vague request: I'm looking for a game with strong characters and plot. Those are the only requirements.

Also, on an unrelated note, I've always enjoyed steampunk games.

Looking for any games that are related, for the PC (preferably for Steam). Vague, I know, but looking forward to the recommends.

My Steam library.

I think it might have been this one:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=225671457

It is about sandbox crafting, open-world player housing, etc. Low fantasy medieval setting. It does have dangers in the world, but they're not going to be big fantasy beasts.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.