Everquest, SWG emulators, and a few other games I will mention down below might be up your alley: You can wander wherever you'd like (almost - but it absolutely is not a themepark with you being whisked off to level appropriate areas whenevrr your told to), and your free to set your own objectves. Regarding EQ; I wouldn't recommend the two current ones if yur looking for solely action based combat (and their pretty dated), but EQN os being deved right now and that will be an action paradise with some Minecraft/LU thrown in and free roaming.

Pathfinder Online is an alternative to EQ: It is "D&D 3.5 continued" if you will, with free roam, open ended character development (there are still classes - read up on Pathfinder for more), city building and more. Also in dev.

Lastly, you have SWG emulators and the Repopulation. SWG is the closest you are looking for with an action combat system and pure open roaming, but it only exists now as private servers. The other (and more recommended) game is the Repop, which is a "spiritual sucessor" if you will to SWG, and... no classes! Just ES like skill leveling, minecraft coty building and SWG gameplay. And yes: it's in dev.

- - - Updated - - -

I might also add Westeroscraft. It's in development for Minecraft and converts the game into a sandbox like MMORPG set in the Game of Thrones universe. The first rendition of the RPG module is coming soon. Check that out too

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glimpee View Post
    Damn well I have 400+ hours in oblivion and 200+ in skyrim plus ESO is pretty shaite and I'm waiting for the Morrowind mod for Skyrim to be released to replay that... Are those REALLY the only good exploration games?
    If that's specifically what you are looking for? Yes. You won't find any games that come close. Just look for as many mods as possible to change up your game and replay Skyrim.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoleg View Post
    I have Saitek X-55 HOTAS, and i have no idea what to play on it, don't need to be combat or anything, just good simulator will do. Any ideas what game is good for that?
    I tried war thunder but that thing is such arcade crap even in simulation mode and they favor mouse controller over hotas, so that one is out.
    Elite Dangerous, IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (with mods)

Deleted
    Simply put... I'm looking for a new MMO.

Warlords of Draenor is coming out soon, and I have no intention to play it. Even disregarding the fanfiction-esque story that was written by a teenage intern, it doesn't have a single sliver of hype surrounding it, and most of the time we hear something about the expansion it's about something being cut to rush it out in time. In other words, I already know Warlords of Draenor is going to suck.

My opinions on a rushed-out cash grab aside, I'm currently looking for a Fantasy MMO with a decent playerbase, varied playable races, a multitude of different classes and a solid end-game experience that isn't focused on PvP. I've already tried out Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Guild Wars 2, Rift and SWTOR. But I dislike FFXIV's excessive global cooldowns and slow gameplay, I dislike Action MMO's like Guild Wars 2, I dislike SWTOR's sci-fi genre and lack of end-game content and I simply got bored of Rift after a few months.

Does anybody have any suggestions for this (admittedly demanding) MMO gamer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Play Rift. Problem solved. They are about to launch a new expansion this year so you have time to catch up if you start right now.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Have to agree with Keli on this one.

I, personally, am done with generation 2 MMOs (tab target) and have moved on to generation 3 (action/shooter).

However, I have played gen 2 for over a decade and I have to say that if you aren't interested in WoD, go back to Rift.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    However, I have played gen 2 for over a decade and I have to say that if you aren't interested in WoD, go back to Rift.
    Yeah I mean it is the closest thing you can get in terms of design in 2nd gen. I'm not sure how you could get bored of Rift and not any other similar MMO as it is the only one with the diversity of content and progression. They are even adding a card game/minipet type feature in the expansion I believe? Called minions. It really seems like the best fit for the requirements if you don't want to play WoW.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Well, the main problem I had with Rift was how incredibly long it took to max your reputation with the end-game factions, to obtain the best enchants they offered. The Torvan Hunters are especially guilty of this, since the only way to gain rep with them is to keep doing Hunt Rifts, which becomes boring if you've done every single one three times and you're still not even halfway there yet.

However, my brother is telling me that the new subscription bonusses have made it significantly easier to reach Glorified or Venerated, so I suppose I could give it another shot. I just made myself a Mathosian Riftblade.

Thanks for the advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/ja8LrET.jpg

Thats my steam list. I know it sucks Green are played/playing and enjoy. Red is meh/no ty. What should I give a try next? Currently gmod, scriblenauts and hearthstone got me going.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/ja8LrET.jpg

Thats my steam list. I know it sucks Green are played/playing and enjoy. Red is meh/no ty. What should I give a try next? Currently gmod, scriblenauts and hearthstone got me going.
    well seeing as you like both some sonic games and beat hazardperhaps you could try out audiosurf/audiosurf 2

The new Metro series of games (redux preferably), as it combines an involving narrative with first person immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    well seeing as you like both some sonic games and beat hazardperhaps you could try out audiosurf/audiosurf 2
    Ah yeah, I made this post. I was looking for a game thats not highlighted in my steam library. http://i.imgur.com/ja8LrET.jpg That library.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Right, I'm giving MMORPGs a last chance.

I have played:
    - WoW (last part of Vanilla, BC, WotLK and a bit of Cata)
    - SWTOR
    - Tera

What MMORPG currently has the best dungeons (5-mans or the like) and PvP battlegrounds?
    Those aspects I liked to most about WoW. Raids are too time consuming and Arenas too demanding and unbalanced.
    I would consider WoW again but not Tera and maybe Swtor. Next to that I'm open to other games but preferably no sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    What MMORPG currently has the best dungeons (5-mans or the like) and PvP battlegrounds?
    Those aspects I liked to most about WoW. Raids are too time consuming and Arenas too demanding and unbalanced.
    I would consider WoW again but not Tera and maybe Swtor. Next to that I'm open to other games but preferably no sub.
    So people may disagree, but I find the sad truth is that instanced PvP in WoW even in its most broken state is miles beyond any other MMO. You will not find an MMO with PvP better than WoW likely ever. Sure there will be combat that may be more fun, but the overall quality and support just isn't there in other games. That being said, plenty of games have dungeons very similar to WoW in terms of design/execution.

Rift is a good F2P game for that aspect, but it has terrible PvP. GW2 has pretty good large scale PvP, and decent dungeons, but it's not free and may not be for you (it's often not for many). SWTOR is probably the closest overall package to WoW in terms of dungeons and PvP and is free(ish...PvP and dungeons are limited without a sub) There's really not a game that you haven't played that does well in both areas like you have described.

I'd suggest revisiting them before you look elsewhere. SWTOR for free and WoW for sub. If you already tired of those games, I don't have a lot of hope in you finding a saving grace for MMOs...but it's the best I can recommend from experience.
    BAD WOLF

I have played:
    - SWTOR
    - Tera

Dungeons? I really loved TESOs, FF14, and Rifts dungeons.
    Battlegrounds? Swtor and WoW for balance, Neverwinter for fun.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I have played:
    - SWTOR
    - Tera

WoW has the best 5man dungeons, especially at the launch of a new expansion (and it is certainly true for WoD). Heroics require alot of teamwork. Challenge Mode is nigh impossible without voice chat. WoW is also bringing another PvP zone but it is an alwas on evet. Check it Ashran blog on Bnet for more info.

Your not going to find a deep, enjoyable and quality MMORPG without a sub. Guild Wars 2 makes for a god evening story expedition, but it has no major multiplayer or challenging content.

Alright, thx. WoW it is. Gonna use the free gametime offer and see if I can undelete an old char. Then mayne play WoD for a while.

From what I understand (I haven't played it in a long time), Rift has the most numerous and best dungeon content. But the "best" is certainly subjective.

Personally I thought AoC had the best instanced dungeons of any game that I have played, TSW is a close second. But I don't know how many people play AoC anymore and it doesn't seem to get many, if any, updates.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2014-10-29 at 05:22 PM.

I've tried some other MMOs as well actually, but only briefly, such as Rift, Neverwinter and FFXIV. I dunno it just didn't work for me.

It sure is interesting to log into WoW again after 3 years. I had no more chars, but could undelete just one: a level 80 druid.
    I noticed how effortless and polished everything went, from installing the game to starting things up and still having my old achievements, mounts etc. Still by far the most smooth and polished experience I've had with MMOs. So much has changed, but at the same time so much is still the same.
    Last edited by deepr; 2014-10-31 at 09:13 AM.

Hey all! I'm looking for a civilization building game (I hear that they're called 4x games nowadays). I'm currently playing civ 3, but I suppose it's time to upgrade. How is civ 5? What key differences are there? Are there any other 4k games out there (that are recent)? Any space themed ones (besides Beyond Crap that came out this month)?