Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Age of Wushu comes to mind.

However, Firefall has an open world PvP zone called broken peninsula that is pretty fun.
    The dungeons scale from 1 to 5 players so you could progress to end game loot without grouping/guilding.
    The world is full of dynamic events, too.

/shrug.

I would try both, if I were you.

Cool, Age of Wushu has interested me but something about the combat/vibe of it has prevented me from really getting involved in it - not really a pretty game n I like to look at pretty trees n mountains

I think ima try firefall, I don't really like shooters, and I like them even less when there are weak feeling energy weapons, but I might give it a go. I also don't like instanced world PvP (DaOC did it good tho)

I played a little archeage - kinda liking it - wanna get to PvP and see for real though. Anyone know how to survive as a solo murderer?

You might wanna try EVE Online. Don't just play the 14 day trial, however: it takes about a couple months or so for you to really get a firm grasp of the game and decide whether or not you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by glimpee View Post
    Anyone know how to survive as a solo murderer?

Souperior does.

Good luck getting the bounty on him >_>
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You might wanna try EVE Online. Don't just play the 14 day trial, however: it takes about a couple months or so for you to really get a firm grasp of the game and decide whether or not you like it.
    I think I would try it but I can't really get immersed into a spaceship unless its 1st person (I think) and exploring empty space woud be cool IF I could explore the planets... I still really wanna have dynamic fantasy combat haha

Quote Originally Posted by glimpee View Post
    I think I would try it but I can't really get immersed into a spaceship unless its 1st person (I think) and exploring empty space woud be cool IF I could explore the planets... I still really wanna have dynamic fantasy combat haha
    STO can fill that... in a way: you can explore planets, actually fly your ship, command your crew (specifically your bridge officers, ie, the "main cast" of characters of your ship), etc. Very immersive questing. (The game is all about RPing through the quests, LotRO style). However, it is very much WoW-like. Take that into consideration if you don't like point and clicks, or third persons. Elite 4 just came out and is first person has supports a minimalistic but intriguing lore universe. Unfortunately, you can not step outside your spaceship (or even out of your pilot seat, for that matter) and can only command single seater fighter craft. There are quests or storylines, and the game is RP unfriendly (You can do what you want and be immersed; thee's just no "I'm going to pledge my blade to this king and attend dinners and such".

- - - Updated - - -

Star Citizen sounds like it's EXACTLY what you want: a first person, immersive RPG/space sim with a heavy focus on RP and story. However, it is a couple years away at least until that dream comes to fruition. Something to keeoan eye out for if you have the patience, but in the mean time you'll want to be looking at other avenues.

Deleted
    Hello!
    I'm looking for a game that fits these:

Exploration and creation (I loved Terraria's gameplay) or at least character progression
    Decent graphics (I disliked Terraria's style)
    Controller friendly (my wrists can't handle long stretches at the kb/m any more)

The last one is the kicker, as it means competitive shooters are a no-go. 200 hours into Borderlands 2, absolutely loved it but I can't handle the kb/m anymore, unfortunately. I've got 100 hours in Skyrim, was a bit drab for my tastes even with a million mods but it was ok with a controller. I've played Fallout, and had the same issue with the dull setting. ATM I'm on my 3rd play through of XCOM Long War. I'm really looking forward to No Man's Sky, but need something in the mean time... any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc7d4700f6a8; 2014-12-22 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quickness View Post
    Hello!
    I'm looking for a game that fits these:

Exploration and creation (I loved Terraria's gameplay) or at least character progression
    Decent graphics (I disliked Terraria's style)
    Controller friendly (my wrists can't handle long stretches at the kb/m any more)

The last one is the kicker, as it means competitive shooters are a no-go. 200 hours into Borderlands 2, absolutely loved it but I can't handle the kb/m anymore, unfortunately. I've got 100 hours in Skyrim, was a bit drab for my tastes even with a million mods but it was ok with a controller. I've played Fallout, and had the same issue with the dull setting. ATM I'm on my 3rd play through of XCOM Long War. I'm really looking forward to No Man's Sky, but need something in the mean time... any ideas?

Thanks
    Everquest landmark or Firefall?

Deleted
    Everquest landmark or Firefall?
    I can't find that Landmark will be controller friendly, but it's in an early beta anyway. While Firefall has partial controller support, I tried it and it's too much of a competitive shooter and controller aiming sucks Any other ideas?

Deleted
    What cooperative (for 2 people) games would you reccomend? Not the kind where you share one computer.
    I am looking for something focused on single player (so, no DotA 2 or FPS).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    What cooperative (for 2 people) games would you reccomend? Not the kind where you share one computer.
    Divinity:Original Sin is good
    for FPS, Borderlands 2 coop is tough to beat
    supposedly Forced has been improved, it's a top-down dual stick
    Dungeon Defenders was good, but Orcs Must Die (especially #2) was better imho... they're both tower defense/ first or third person shooter
    Terraria is good if you like to build stuff

I can't find that Landmark will be controller friendly, but it's in an early beta anyway. While Firefall has partial controller support, I tried it and it's too much of a competitive shooter and controller aiming sucks Any other ideas?
    Firefall has changed a shit ton.

It's no longer a competitive shooter outside broken peninsula.

Dungeons / open world / warfront/ raiding is controller friendly.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2014-12-22 at 02:50 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any other ideas?
    Do you have a little more explanation regarding what you liked about Terraria? You make it sound like you just like RPG gear progression, but not the actual gameplay. I'm unsure what to recommend, but I'm very clear on your controller needs. Can you clarify?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Not sure how you want a cooperative game focused on 'single player', but I'm going to assume you just don't want massively multiplayer games. In this case, you have a lot of options.

Terraria/Minecraft/Starbound/Etc.
    Trine/Trine 2
    Orcs Must Die 1 & 2
    Any ARPG - Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Path of Exile
    Don't Starve
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Firefall has changed a shit ton.

It's no longer a competitive shooter outside broken peninsula.

Dungeons / open world / warfront/ raiding is controller friendly.
    I was in the Beta, but didn't get on with it, but I'm giving it another try right now. I dislike that I have to use the keyboard for a lot of abilities (grenades, healthpacks, etc.) but I guess everything's a compromise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Do you have a little more explanation regarding what you liked about Terraria? You make it sound like you just like RPG gear progression, but not the actual gameplay. I'm unsure what to recommend, but I'm very clear on your controller needs. Can you clarify?
    I liked that you could gear your guy up a bit, the digging and exploration was fun, and I thought that building stuff was cool. I played Darkout as well, and while its gameplay was not nearly as good as Terraria, the graphics were better. I can imagine that'd be hard to find in a controller-friendly game, though.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, Trine 2 was awesome coop, Kelmibror. I forgot about that one. Try that one out for sure, Blastfizzle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked that you could gear your guy up a bit, the digging and exploration was fun, and I thought that building stuff was cool. I played Darkout as well, and while its gameplay was not nearly as good as Terraria, the graphics were better. I can imagine that'd be hard to find in a controller-friendly game, though.
    SteamWorld Dig is good for exploration and leveling/gearing, but it's not an open world and more of a platformer. (no building)
    Unepic - RPG, Gear progression, dungeon crawler, no building
    Don't Stave - Survival, very stylized graphics, crafting, moderate building but not like Terraria

All of those have controller support. To be honest, there's no game that immediately comes to mind with great controller support that has building like Terraria or Minecraft. I've played those with a controller and they are pretty awful at it. Maybe someone else knows of a game with building that has controller support, but I think you're more likely to find the exploration/RPG elements with controller support.

Out of the ones I listed, Don't Starve has the best replayability and is the most fitting for your criteria. Their controller mapping is excellent as well.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    SteamWorld Dig
    Out of the ones I listed, Don't Starve has the best replayability and is the most fitting for your criteria. Their controller mapping is excellent as well.
    Steamworld was good, if a bit short.

I hadn't heard good things about playing Don't Starve with a controller, but maybe it's changed. I'll give it a shot! Especially with Don't Starve Together coming, it would be nice to be able to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steamworld was good, if a bit short.

I hadn't heard good things about playing Don't Starve with a controller, but maybe it's changed. I'll give it a shot! Especially with Don't Starve Together coming, it would be nice to be able to play it.
    Maybe I'm crazy, but it was the most intuitive and slick controller mapping I've ever seen. Granted, YMMV, but I don't play that game with a keyboard+mouse anymore b/c I enjoy the controller setup so much. Currently the frontier pack of base game + together is 75% off @ $5.00 on steam. The Mega Pack seems like a waste of money b/c the DLC is pretty cheap on its own and everyone will get Together free in the future.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Maybe I'm crazy, but it was the most intuitive and slick controller mapping I've ever seen. Granted, YMMV, but I don't play that game with a keyboard+mouse anymore b/c I enjoy the controller setup so much. Currently the frontier pack of base game + together is 75% off @ $5.00 on steam. The Mega Pack seems like a waste of money b/c the DLC is pretty cheap on its own and everyone will get Together free in the future.
    Hmm... it's only 40% off on European Steam (9 euros for just base game) , but I'll get it anyway. Thanks for the recommendation, mate. It's much appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... it's only 40% off on European Steam (9 euros for just base game) , but I'll get it anyway. Thanks for the recommendation, mate. It's much appreciated
    Aww boo. I always forget the sales are different in each region. If it's not on the daily special, you could always wait until it goes on sale. It's highly likely to be featured one day. I think it was already a daily, so it should return towards the end.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to suggest Blizzard's Hearthstone here, a free-to-play with pay-to-win options hehe .

Been playing for about a week and I'm finding it a lot of fun!

Deleted
    Port Royale games are nice if you like the genre.