Deleted
    hey been looking at the game halfway for a while now.. its on the weekly humble bundle so its very tempting (1 day left). Anyone recommend it or is it rubbish? (its cheap but so many games i could get instead :P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm not sure you're really going to find what you are looking for....the next step for you would probably be to find 3rd person survival games that have controller support. I would have recommended Planet Explorers for you, but it has no controller support whatsoever. Unfortunately the genre doesn't lend itself well to controllers and your three basic criteria are usual at odds with eachother:

Build/Exploration based
    Good Graphics
    Controller support

You can often find two of those, but never all three really. Terraria is honestly the best game in that genre I've ever played. Perhaps you should put some research into a program like Xpadder and try and make games work for you. Often you can find people with templates for games, but once you take a deep dive you can set up something like Terraria to mimic the Xbox controls.
    Yeah, I'm getting that impression. What about good controller friendly RPGs, then? I especially like space themed games.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    hey been looking at the game halfway for a while now.. its on the weekly humble bundle so its very tempting (1 day left). Anyone recommend it or is it rubbish? (its cheap but so many games i could get instead :P)
    What game are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What game are you talking about?
    Halfway

and I have no idea if the game is good or not Insanoflex

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quickness View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting that impression. What about good controller friendly RPGs, then? I especially like space themed games.
    You could look into Dragon Age: Inquisition. It's not space/sci-fi themed (sadly, RPGs just tend to be medieval fantasy), but I imagine it has good controller support.
    It has possibly a bit less exploration than Skyrim/Fallout, but in my opinion the setting is a lot less bland (in both meanings of the word, it's both more colourful and more interesting.)

I should add that the first hours will be a bit linear, you don't get to unlock most areas until a ways into the game.

If someone does know of a recent space or scifi RPG, I'm all ears as well. The last one I played was..Mass Effect 3, probably. Why're RPGs all medieval fantasy

I figured I'd try looking for help here.

I'm looking to find a good MMO/Co-op game for my friend and I. We both are currently tied into raiding on WoW currently, so we can't dedicate a whole lot of time to another mmo so it would have to be something we could play casually and not completely fall behind in.

We've played Guild Wars 2, and enjoyed it. The combat was enjoyable and not having to worry about gear progression so-so-so much was perfect.. though it ran it's course and we're looking for a new side game while we play WoW as our main focus. Guild Wars 2 is the best example of what we're trying to find in another mmo. A game that's like Skyrim could be an example of what we'd want to play in a co-op game.

We've played Borderlands 1&2, Diablo 3(Extensively), and Archeage(Didn't work out for us, too many bots and it just felt stale and grindy after awhile)

I've been looking at Final Fantasy XIV: A realm reborn, but I keep getting conflicting reviews. That it's grindy, not friendly to casuals trying to experience all the content, that the game is very expensive in some areas, and that the classes are very complex in terms of rotations and such that it seems tedious when trying to do your best. I can't seem to get a good feel for this game.

We're looking for these few things:

Good progression - Through leveling, story, gearing.. Something to keep us playing but something that isn't just super grindy/tedious

Vanity - We totally want to look amazing in shiny gear while we kick butt. It just adds to our experience.

Gameplay - Something similar to WoW/Gw2 or even something a little different. In other words.. Nothing where the combat is like Diablo 3/Path of Exiles/Torchlight where you have to use the mouse to move around and such.
    Gameplay with a focus on PvE over PvP is preferred too in an MMO.

Graphics - Nothing 2D or Platform styled. Graphics in the range of Archeage, WoW, Gw2, ..etc ALTHOUGH that's mostly something we'd want in an MMO, not a super strict requirement for a co-op game.

In the simplest way to sum all that up; We just want to play a fun action-y game, collect cool gear, and feel like we're kicking butt. A game we can play throughout the week when we're not raiding and have some fun whether it be an MMO or Co-op

I'm pretty much stumped with trying to find anything for her and I to play together.. So I hope you guys can offer any recommendations.
    Last edited by Fel733l; 2014-12-26 at 10:18 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel733l View Post
    In the simplest way to sum all that up; We just want to play a fun action-y game, collect cool gear, and feel like we're kicking butt. A game we can play throughout the week when we're not raiding and have some fun whether it be an MMO or Co-op
    Look at these games and decide whether the style fits what you want. These all fit your action-y, progression games without needing a lot of time to get enjoyment out of it:

Firefall
    Vindictus
    Dragon's Nest
    Warframe
    Tera (grindy feeling to me, but the best action combat ever made)
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Why're RPGs all medieval fantasy
    I feel ya'... medieval fantasy does nothing for me, but 99% of rpgs are in this genre.

So I hope you guys can offer any recommendations.
    My mate and I put a lot of time into BL2 (a disgusting amount, actually), and we're having an absolute blast playing Saint's Row 4. It's a less serious (and far funnier) version of Grand Theft Auro. There's some in-jokes about the other games, it's not always high-brow humor, and it is waaaay over the top. But it cost us 5 euro each, and we cant stop laughing.

Good progression - Lots of mini-games and side quests to unlock special abilities.
    Vanity - You can pick any of a bazillion outfits from the store.
    Gameplay - Ok, not at all like WoW, but not like Diablo either....

---------

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but good coop games are tough to come by. I certainly got my money's worth out of this one.

Oh, and the soundtrack (through radio stations) is amazing. Gotta love Biz Markie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for a PC game with combat similar to something like Tera (action based RPG), but isn't an MMO. It seems like most games in the so called "spectacle fighter", God of War type field are on consoles. I've already played Kingdoms of Amalur. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I'm looking for a PC game with combat similar to something like Tera (action based RPG), but isn't an MMO. It seems like most games in the so called "spectacle fighter", God of War type field are on consoles. I've already played Kingdoms of Amalur. Any suggestions?
    If you're looking for a God of War-type game, there's Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death. It's on sale on Steam for $0.99. As TB says, "A low budget but surprisingly enjoyable spectacle fighter. Astonishingly stupid but revels in its own b-movie leanings." It's worth a look, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    If you're looking for a God of War-type game, there's Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death. It's on sale on Steam for $0.99. As TB says, "A low budget but surprisingly enjoyable spectacle fighter. Astonishingly stupid but revels in its own b-movie leanings." It's worth a look, at least.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Might be worth it simply due to the ridiculously low price.

I figured I'd try looking for help here.

I'm looking to find a good MMO/Co-op game for my friend and I. We both are currently tied into raiding on WoW currently, so we can't dedicate a whole lot of time to another mmo so it would have to be something we could play casually and not completely fall behind in.

We've played Guild Wars 2, and enjoyed it. The combat was enjoyable and not having to worry about gear progression so-so-so much was perfect.. though it ran it's course and we're looking for a new side game while we play WoW as our main focus. Guild Wars 2 is the best example of what we're trying to find in another mmo. A game that's like Skyrim could be an example of what we'd want to play in a co-op game.

We've played Borderlands 1&2, Diablo 3(Extensively), and Archeage(Didn't work out for us, too many bots and it just felt stale and grindy after awhile)

I've been looking at Final Fantasy XIV: A realm reborn, but I keep getting conflicting reviews. That it's grindy, not friendly to casuals trying to experience all the content, that the game is very expensive in some areas, and that the classes are very complex in terms of rotations and such that it seems tedious when trying to do your best. I can't seem to get a good feel for this game.

We're looking for these few things:

Good progression - Through leveling, story, gearing.. Something to keep us playing but something that isn't just super grindy/tedious

Vanity - We totally want to look amazing in shiny gear while we kick butt. It just adds to our experience.

Gameplay - Something similar to WoW/Gw2 or even something a little different. In other words.. Nothing where the combat is like Diablo 3/Path of Exiles/Torchlight where you have to use the mouse to move around and such.
    Gameplay with a focus on PvE over PvP is preferred too in an MMO.

Graphics - Nothing 2D or Platform styled. Graphics in the range of Archeage, WoW, Gw2, ..etc ALTHOUGH that's mostly something we'd want in an MMO, not a super strict requirement for a co-op game.

I'm pretty much stumped with trying to find anything for her and I to play together.. So I hope you guys can offer any recommendations.
    Sounds like Warframe and Diablo is the way to go.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darksiders and Darksiders 2.

Deleted
    Try Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Any of the DMC games might suit you as well.

You can *kind* of view the new Dragon Age Inquision in such a way. The combat is a little slower, but you need to move up to range to hit things, do sweeping attacks, and you can move out of AoE, run from attacks, etc. Positioning is very important. There are some abilities, especially for rogues that let you evade attacks, like combat flips and paries, and warriors can block with shields. Mages just blast thing back from them and run to the tank, heh. Its not going to be as active as pure action games, but its a damn good game in all aspects so if you can live with the combat being a little clunky, its a solid RPG.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hello MMO Champions. Am looking for Suggestions of a MMO where real money does not cause gameplay changes (Such as people who pay extra get stronger items from store, find more loot or levelup quicker, get faster movespeed etc.) Paying for the Game, Expansions, and Subscription is fine for me. Can be an already existing game or still in Development.
    WoW and GW2 are highly appropriate choices.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hello MMO Champions. Am looking for Suggestions of a MMO where real money does not cause gameplay changes (Such as people who pay extra get stronger items from store, find more loot or levelup quicker, get faster movespeed etc.) Paying for the Game, Expansions, and Subscription is fine for me. Can be an already existing game or still in Development.
    Final Fantasy 11 and 14. Both still get new content, as well, but 14's probably a safer recommendation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was going to suggest KoA, but I see you already mentioned it. If so, Dragon's Dogma has similar combat - I've never played it myself, though, people say the combat is awesome, but the story is a bit lacking. Also, Guild Wars 2, while a MMO, has great single player gameplay (that's how I play it, in fact), LOTS of content, quests, zones to explore and so on, as well as surprisingly good for a MMO story and conversations. Mass Effect has a combat that could be called action based, although it is closer to FPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    STO can fill that... in a way: you can explore planets, actually fly your ship, command your crew (specifically your bridge officers, ie, the "main cast" of characters of your ship), etc. Very immersive questing. (The game is all about RPing through the quests, LotRO style). However, it is very much WoW-like. Take that into consideration if you don't like point and clicks, or third persons. Elite 4 just came out and is first person has supports a minimalistic but intriguing lore universe. Unfortunately, you can not step outside your spaceship (or even out of your pilot seat, for that matter) and can only command single seater fighter craft. There are quests or storylines, and the game is RP unfriendly (You can do what you want and be immersed; thee's just no "I'm going to pledge my blade to this king and attend dinners and such".

- - - Updated - - -

Star Citizen sounds like it's EXACTLY what you want: a first person, immersive RPG/space sim with a heavy focus on RP and story. However, it is a couple years away at least until that dream comes to fruition. Something to keeoan eye out for if you have the patience, but in the mean time you'll want to be looking at other avenues.

I played STO at launch - eventually it got to the point where it was only ship stuff, so I stopped.... not a huge fan of space games but some work. Star Citizen looks cool, and No Mans Sky

Are there any co-op, open world rpg style games out there? Been searching for hours now but can't find anything good to play with my partner