The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Are there any co-op, open world rpg style games out there? Been searching for hours now but can't find anything good to play with my partner
    Do you not have interest in any of the MMOs out there or are you just looking for something more like a traditional RPG? MMO's are really the best delivery of Co-op, open world experiences. Not a lot of regular games deliver that. Borderlands is a series that comes to mind which has Co-Op and large worlds, but it's a shooter. There are other things like Divinity and similar games, but they don't have open worlds like say Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.

If you aren't opposed to MMOs there are a lot of good options and even free ones.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Do you not have interest in any of the MMOs out there or are you just looking for something more like a traditional RPG? MMO's are really the best delivery of Co-op, open world experiences. Not a lot of regular games deliver that. Borderlands is a series that comes to mind which has Co-Op and large worlds, but it's a shooter. There are other things like Divinity and similar games, but they don't have open worlds like say Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.

If you aren't opposed to MMOs there are a lot of good options and even free ones.
    Tried quite a few MMOs. Played ArcheAge, Tera, Rift, WoW and SWTOR. Currently playing WoW but want a new alternative. Tried FF, Aion and Scarlet Blade in the last 24 hours but didnt feel good. Aion and Scarlet Blade were especially bad because of the combat and the movement didn't feel fluid

Scarlet Blade, hehe, that game is still running?

you aren't going to find a lot of options of an open world co-op rpg, really I'm struggling to think of any

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried quite a few MMOs. Played ArcheAge, Tera, Rift, WoW and SWTOR. Currently playing WoW but want a new alternative. Tried FF, Aion and Scarlet Blade in the last 24 hours but didnt feel good. Aion and Scarlet Blade were especially bad because of the combat and the movement didn't feel fluid
    GW2 is one of the most open in terms of exploration and how you participate in content, but it has a box cost. I don't like recommending paid games for things like this initially. Borderlands 2 is really the only one I can think of that even fits all your criteria but it's not as open as something like Skyrim.
    BAD WOLF

Are there any co-op, open world rpg style games out there? Been searching for hours now but can't find anything good to play with my partner
    Mount & Blade: Warband, and the Elder Scrolls Series of games are the best "open world RPG style games" out there atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Mount & Blade: Warband, and the Elder Scrolls Series of games are the best "open world RPG style games" out there atm.
    not sure about mount and blade but the ES games (ESO aside) aren't co-op

Deleted
    {this isn't really a xbox game or somethin like that, its just a online pc game}

There is this game called Need For Madness, where u can win by racing or destroying other opponents. It's also epic because i was inspired by it and i always use to play it.

type in google: need for madness

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really looking for requests but advice. Arma 3 has a 35% discount on it atm and from what I can see from Lirik's livestream it seems fun, however when I bought Arma 2 and tried out DayZ I already stopped playing it after a week or so because it didn't seem interseting.

Would anybody recommend Arma 3 for multiplayer gameplay and such or would it be a waste of money to buy it if I didn't even really play Arma 2 DayZ mod?

ARMA 3 only if you wanna RP with your friends... otherwise you can get a better 'massive-battle FPS experience' else where.

Pilgrimage mod for the game does make the SP shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sweet jesus the discount is now 50%. Yeah, I'm gonna buy it idk haha.

This time I am requesting a game though. My dad and I used to play Timesplitters: Future Perfect a fair amount on the GameCube and we loved it, especially doing singleplayer together was amazing. I'm looking for a game with co-op (not multiplayer online and shit, but literally co-op). I'm looking into Borderlands 2 atm as it also has a nice discount on it.

Anybody know any other games with co-op possibilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
    Trine 1 and 2
    Orcs Must Die 2
    You mentioned Borderlands 2
    Don't Starve Together
    Battle Block Theater
    Terraria

Just search for 'Co-op' on steam and browse through the games. There are a lot that have co-op capabilities, but it just depends on what style you want.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Oh sweet jesus the discount is now 50%. Yeah, I'm gonna buy it idk haha.

This time I am requesting a game though. My dad and I used to play Timesplitters: Future Perfect a fair amount on the GameCube and we loved it, especially doing singleplayer together was amazing. I'm looking for a game with co-op (not multiplayer online and shit, but literally co-op). I'm looking into Borderlands 2 atm as it also has a nice discount on it.

Killing floor
    Serious Sam
    Painkiller

Co-op,

Warframe, set to invite only, invite your friend.

You could do missions run and gun or metal gear solid like.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestions. So far Killing Floor seems to be the only one we'd most likely enjoy together. I'm not necessarily looking for a gunner game in the sense to shoot stuff in the face, but more so a storyline game.

I'll check out the co-op section on steam. I kinda forgot about that but I think we'll have fun with Borderlands 2 for now :P

I'm looking into Resident Evil atm as well. Which one would you guys recommend? Resident Evil 5 or 6?
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-12-31 at 10:33 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recent RE games get a lot of flak but I still find them very enjoyable. Personally, I preferred 5 over 6, possibly because I've put a lot more co-op hours into 5.

There's also the upcoming RE Revelations 2, though I don't know whether its co-op is in the campaign, or just like the first Revelations' HD version, a seperate Raid mode where you just went through existing areas without any story, blasting enemies away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Not that many (good) games out there that come with werewolves and vampires, especially if you want to play as one. Only thing that comes to mind is Skyrim, and the Vampire Masquarade game.
    Legacy of Kain series.

hi everyone, i am looking for a rpg or action game (plus if its with story), where you don't play as human...sound strange, right? i am sorta sick of playing almost every game now where you are always human
    i am talking about playable races like argonians from TES games and so on...anthromorphical (or non anthro) animals
    so far i know about TES series, or wow, or GW...and thats all, i didn't finded any other game (well, there is still mage knight: apocalypse, but i am not sure if its playable on win7 yet)
    so, if anybody know a game with my "specification", i would be glad if you could answer here, or PM me name of it
    thank you so much

Hey there,

I'm looking for new MMO that meets the requirements below (atleast few):
    • Pay once, play forever (GW2 like) / F2P (No subscription/premium acc games) (a must)
    • Whole content is available all the time (No premium account like SW:TOR or Tibia) - New buyable expansions from time to time are fine. (a must)
    • Microtransactions are fine as long it's not Pay2Win - Visual upgrades/exp boosts(small)/services (name/look change etc) are fine. Buyable additional slots for characters on account are fine as long there is enough slots for basic player.
    • Group playstyle is promoted, but not required to progress through the game (Diablo 3 like - You can play with friends/randoms but you can be the best even if you play solo). (I would like to play solo or with small group of friends (1-4)
    • More than less populated game (no dead games please).
    • Universe/World - Fantasy worlds (WoW/Lineage/Tibia/Diablo/etc), Space Exploration worlds (EVE Online)
    • Mature content/Gore/PEGI/etc - Doesn't matter.

I never tried other mmo than WoW or Tibia, just heard about few. I look forward to GW2 but first I would need some info about things I pointed above.

I would love if you place any example you add few words of descriptions (about Microtransations, playstle, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsorrow View Post
    hi everyone, i am looking for a rpg or action game (plus if its with story), where you don't play as human...sound strange, right? i am sorta sick of playing almost every game now where you are always human
    i am talking about playable races like argonians from TES games and so on...anthromorphical (or non anthro) animals
    so far i know about TES series, or wow, or GW...and thats all, i didn't finded any other game (well, there is still mage knight: apocalypse, but i am not sure if its playable on win7 yet)
    so, if anybody know a game with my "specification", i would be glad if you could answer here, or PM me name of it
    thank you so much
    you can try swtor if it doesnt have to be a fantasy setting, or you can try out dark souls, the character creator lets you fuck yourself up pretty hardcore to the point where it is sort of unreasonable to categorize yourself as human

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tariel36 View Post
    snip
    Have a look at The Secret World and Tera Online. I'd say both fit your requirements pretty well.