Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Hey all, a rather different request here.

I'd like a game that I can instantly jump in with 2 friends on skype/TS and have a good time. We are doing mythic raiding atm, and we are oh so bored with lol atm. We've been desperately trying to find a new game to play around with. I am not into zombie games for instance, and others would prefer something that needs no money to go through. What we need is something that is co-op, skill-based, not necessarily pvp-based and is... well... something "new"?

Other MMOs could be fine. The only answer I could find by myself would be GW2, but I haven't watched the game the last year to know if there are one-shots for example or other stupid things. A good thing would be like a casual thing to pvp in, like LoL.
    "Depth". Costs money though, but it is something new!

Otherwise Marvel Heroes 2015, APB Reloaded etc
    Lots of f2p multiplayer on steam.
    Last edited by Knslyr; 2015-01-29 at 12:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Warframe is a good choice, but it takes money after a little bit of play otherwise you are limited in inventory/frame slots. There is a lot of gameplay before you reach that point though, so it's worth it. It definitely fits all your criteria.
    BAD WOLF

Warframe, Diablo 3, and Guild Wars 2 will all make great choices.

Warframe is an objective oriented game where you spawn in randomly generated maps and left to complete the missipn. You can stealth/shoot/stab/mind control your way through the missions, and there's a lot of flexibility when it comes to what you can play. Easily a cs-asual, drop in/drop out party game.

Diablo 3 is pretty much about killing anything with a healthbar and hope it's a loot pinata. Also drop in drop out, with quite a degree of depth regarding customization.

GW2 is pretty much an open zone WoW (as opposed to open world); you just walk into an area and complete objectives, how ever you lik. The customization is very Diablo esque with you picking which abilities and combos to go out with, and the game will automatically scale your toon down to lower level zones (and also scale up the XP and loot you get) so if your a power leveler, you'll always be able to go back and play with your lower level friends and still get as much stuf and XPf as you would in your own level areas.

Deleted
    hello
    after playing CS:GO, lol and rust for 2 whole months now (that's almost a record for me), i need a new game. I'v tried out most the mainstream games like diablo, neverwinter and archeage, warframe and while those are all nice, i'm looking for something different. i want a fun, fast paced, 3rd or 1st person rpg, that's pretty much what i'd want the most, but things good like customization, good class system, skill-based gameplay and PvP that is fun before endgame would be nice too. also no pay2win, pay2play and grind heavy games are ok, but no form of pay2win or pay2NotWearPiyamasForTheRestOfTheGame

Warframe sounds like a pick for you; it's free and has a lot of depth. Please read in full: You can buy non-prime versions of warframes for a ridiculous price if you wish (the high price is intended to be a detriment to players just going out and buying them), but you can grind the mats and blueprints to all of them in about a couple hours to a weekend of play quite easily. Also, it's NON-PRIME frames only, meaning that if you want the most powerful frames, you still have to play the game to get them (can't buy them). So while there is a little P2W for the mid-tier, the devs have specifically limited what your money can buy. I've been playing for a couple years now, and I can tell you that it is extremely fun to play, even if you have no coin (TBH you can forget what I just said; there really is no P2W in Warframe). To rephrase it: Coin will let you skip through content, but unlike other F2P games, you don't have to mercilessly grind/slog through the game if you play for free, and again, you can get everything fairly quickly if you want to put in the effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Warframe sounds like a pick for you; it's free and has a lot of depth. Please read in full: You can buy non-prime versions of warframes for a ridiculous price if you wish (the high price is intended to be a detriment to players just going out and buying them), but you can grind the mats and blueprints to all of them in about a couple hours to a weekend of play quite easily. Also, it's NON-PRIME frames only, meaning that if you want the most powerful frames, you still have to play the game to get them (can't buy them). So while there is a little P2W for the mid-tier, the devs have specifically limited what your money can buy. I've been playing for a couple years now, and I can tell you that it is extremely fun to play, even if you have no coin (TBH you can forget what I just said; there really is no P2W in Warframe). To rephrase it: Coin will let you skip through content, but unlike other F2P games, you don't have to mercilessly grind/slog through the game if you play for free, and again, you can get everything fairly quickly if you want to put in the effort.
    as mentioned in the post, i played warframe (got a prime and stuffs), great game, would recommend, but i need something new

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MX26 View Post
    hello
    after playing CS:GO, lol and rust for 2 whole months now (that's almost a record for me), i need a new game. I'v tried out most the mainstream games like diablo, neverwinter and archeage, warframe and while those are all nice, i'm looking for something different. i want a fun, fast paced, 3rd or 1st person rpg, that's pretty much what i'd want the most, but things good like customization, good class system, skill-based gameplay and PvP that is fun before endgame would be nice too. also no pay2win, pay2play and grind heavy games are ok, but no form of pay2win or pay2NotWearPiyamasForTheRestOfTheGame
    you could have a look at dark souls or dark souls 2, i wouldnt call them fast paced but they are definately skillbased

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    you could have a look at dark souls or dark souls 2, i wouldnt call them fast paced but they are definately skillbased
    i'm planning on playing dark souls soon-ish, but i'm looking for something fast paced atm...

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm planning on playing dark souls soon-ish, but i'm looking for something fast paced atm...
    oh if you like start wars, the idea of using a lightsaber and the force but care little about a good story, you could try out the force unleashed. its a hack and slash game in which you can use the force to do A LOT of things

Is there any high graphics recent World War 2 game ? I started thinking about this the other day when I remembered that all the last Battlefield or COD games are modern warfare games and I haven't played any graphical up to date WW2 game since Call of Duty II.

I used to be all like '' sigh another WW2 game '' but now I'm really struggling to think about any recent WW2 game, feels like it's been ages and I miss a WW2 game with Battlefield 4 like graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Is there any high graphics recent World War 2 game ? I started thinking about this the other day when I remembered that all the last Battlefield or COD games are modern warfare games and I haven't played any graphical up to date WW2 game since Call of Duty II.

I used to be all like '' sigh another WW2 game '' but now I'm really struggling to think about any recent WW2 game, feels like it's been ages and I miss a WW2 game with Battlefield 4 like graphics.
    well there is call of duty world at war which is pretty good, then there are the sniper elite games and also one taking place in poland, enemy front.

Red Orchestra - Hardcore, ultra realistic WW2 simulator. May be what your looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Only fast paced games that I think would fit your bill would be D3 and Warframe... Which you already have. Any faster would basically not be an RPG anymore and instead be a FPS like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare or Quake.

Deleted
    Force unleashed is fun indeed, played through both 1 and 2 doe :|

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Only fast paced games that I think would fit your bill would be D3 and Warframe... Which you already have. Any faster would basically not be an RPG anymore and instead be a FPS like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare or Quake.
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    oh if you like start wars, the idea of using a lightsaber and the force but care little about a good story, you could try out the force unleashed. its a hack and slash game in which you can use the force to do A LOT of things

i never said it has to be faster then D3 or warframe (and sorry if my post made it seam like that), it just has to not be slower then games like neverwinter.
    Last edited by mmocb7dc53e898; 2015-02-01 at 10:45 AM.

The bottom right is what I've been playing a lot lately.

Anyone have suggestions as to what MMOs I should add?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Anyone have suggestions as to what MMOs I should add?
    You should try:

Aura Kingdom
    Eldevin
    C9
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    it's me once again. im looking for a 3-d space game that lets me shoot down other spaceships and if possible explore other planets THAT IS NOT EVE. NO MMOS.
    i'm looking for a mostly single player game and it cannot have secu-rom.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it's me once again. im looking for a 3-d space game that lets me shoot down other spaceships and if possible explore other planets THAT IS NOT EVE. NO MMOS.
    Atm, the closest you'll get is Elite 4, which... has always online.

I know; I can't read people's specifications, even if they are in bold text. But truth be told; that really is the closest you'll get to what you want atm until Star Citizen comes out (which will focus far more heavily on planets and stations).

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed Freelancer back in the days. It was a pain to get used to the controls, but the gameplay and universe was superb.
    Unfortunately... yeah, it used Securom. I was hoping it had hit GoodOldGames by now, but since the publisher was Microsoft, that seems unlikely to ever happen.

I've also heard good things about X3:Reunion, but I never actually tried it. That game is at least on steam, if that is acceptable to you.

Wikipedia has a very long list of space simulators, space combat, and space freeform games here, which may be useful.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...imulator_games
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    FFARR or Divinity Original Sin? Cant really decide, need something that'll last me 7 days until MH4U comes out.
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-02-06 at 11:52 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    FFARR or Divinity Original Sin? Cant really decide
    D:OS gets my vote.