Deleted
    Cant decide between Prison Architect or The Escapists? I know they are different games but which one is more fun? Has anyone played either?

10+ Year Old Account
    'Sup Champions.

Picking up a PS4 on Friday, because the Queen is paying for it so fuck it!

I know FFXHD is coming out on PS4, but not for a couple of months, Samurai Warriors 4 is already out, but I'm REALLY craving a solid JRPG. Anyone know of a great Turn Based/Tactical RPG available now in the UK on the PS4?

Something in the realm of a FFX/Disgaea type game?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Third person shooter MMORPG

What's a popular game that fits this genre? I feel like there aren't too many. If blizz made a game like this I feel like they could do it really well; WoW is getting stale.

only one that I know of is Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Fcpremix View Post
    What's a popular game that fits this genre? I feel like there aren't too many. If blizz made a game like this I feel like they could do it really well; WoW is getting stale.
    Defiance
    Firefall
    APB: Reloaded
    Global Agenda (low population and no development in years)
    Warframe (psuedo-MMO)

Then there are a handful of online third person PvP shooters, but they're not MMO's.

forgot about Firefall, good call

Global Agenda is still around? I thought it had closed down

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Is Torchlight 2 worth getting? Looking at that game and Saints Row IV
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    TL2 is good but I feel that Path of Exile and Marvel Heroes Online are better, personally.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TL2 is a fantastic game, but it's strength lies in replayability from the mod community. You won't find the same challenges or sense of progression that you get from the games Bard mentioned or even D3 for that matter. I think their design is fantastic though and it's worth the cost of entry, but YMMV.

I think all 4 of the 'major' arpgs in our current era are different enough to warrant playing, but depending on your personal tastes you may not play them 'forever'.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah kk thanks was looking for something to tie me over until my game comes out on tuesday next week
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah kk thanks was looking for something to tie me over until my game comes out on tuesday next week
    If you like arpgs, like how the game looks, and have disposable income...you will likely enjoy TL2. You could play PoE or Marvel Heroes for free, but they're both entirely different styles. Just depends on whether you want to spend money or just try something out for a bit.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    If you like arpgs, like how the game looks, and have disposable income...you will likely enjoy TL2. You could play PoE or Marvel Heroes for free, but they're both entirely different styles. Just depends on whether you want to spend money or just try something out for a bit.
    Yea tried PoE didnt really like it much, went ahead and got Torchlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea tried PoE didnt really like it much, went ahead and got Torchlight
    Cool deal. There are a lot of mods that improve the game from the get go, like visually and increasing carrying capacity if that sort of thing interests you. Check them out on the Workshop. Getting a package with SynergyMod is probably your best bet as it allows you to respec your character via potions which wasn't available in the base game. Also a lot of appearance options and pets you can add which is purely cosmetic and you may want from the get go.

In any case, I would avoid mods that modify gameplay in any other way until you've had time to play it once completely through the story.
    BAD WOLF

Im looking for a fun cheap 4 player co-op game over steam i could play with my friends, honestly just anything fun for 4 people at a time that dosent cost too much 10-15 bucks.

also looking for a game similiar to monster hunter

both for pc

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    Im looking for a fun cheap 4 player co-op game over steam i could play with my friends, honestly just anything fun for 4 people at a time that dosent cost too much 10-15 bucks.

both for pc
    Vindictus is like an instances monster hunter online.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Gauntlet
    Torchlight 2
    Terraria
    Starbound
    Left 4 Dead
    Borderlands 2 (was on sale for 9.99 for GOTY)
    Warframe (free)
    Battleblock Theater
    Castle Crashers
    BAD WOLF

both for pc
    Me and my friends have had fun with Damned. One player (or more) is a monster, while the rest of the players (1-4) are playing as survivors and are trying to find a way out of the map together. The survivors win if they manage to find the exit, and the monster wins if it manages to eliminate all survivors.
    There are 3 different kind of monsters with different playstyles.
    The survivors reaches the exit by exploring the map, collecting keys, crowbars etc to be able to progress in the map until they find the way out.
    Look it up and see if it is something for you and your friends.

@ bardarian kel imbroro and Knslyr you guys are champions! thank you so much!

10+ Year Old Account
    @ bardarian kel imbroro and Knslyr you guys are champions! thank you so much!
    No prob. There are a lot of Co-Op games on steam, you just have to filter by Co-Op and give it a look: http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en...tab=TopSellers

Keep in mind that not all of those are Co-op so much as multiplayer, but they can accomplish your goals. Others you will have to research to see how many people total can play. Essentially it goes like this:

1) Games designed for Co-Op in normal mode, ie you don't need server hosting or anything. Something like this would be Trine 2 or Orcs Must Die 2. (PS those games have 3 and 2 person limits respectively) Left 4 Dead 2 is one that goes up to 4.

2) Games designed for multiplayer so you can get your Co-Op experience out of it. These are like Counter Strike, DOTA, etc. They are more online games, but you can still play together.

3) Games designed for multiplayer if you set up servers or join a server together. Things like Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound, etc.

All of them allow 'Co-Op' so you just have to look for a style you want, then do some google fu on how many people can play together. Some games are easier to determine, like the ones in category 1 & 2.

PS - If you are looking for quirky fun, look at things like Battleblock and Castle Crashers. If you want something a little more 'serious' you can look at games like Warframe, Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes, etc. Those last 3 games are F2P and you can get a lot of mileage out of them without money. Just depends on the style you and your friends want.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a good strategy game like Supreme Commander 2. I've always like Strat games where you build a base and move out from there. Specifically, I liked to build an impenetrable defense, then once I knew the enemy couldn't get in my base, I would then use long range artillery to destroy him from afar. Anything like that out there?
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD