Quote Originally Posted by Pakaya View Post
    I'm really wanting a game where I can do Alchemy. I'd like to be able to adventure out to harvest herbs and the like, and craft various potions. I mainly just like to craft and explore. Does anyone have any good suggestions for crafting? And please keep in mind I already own Minecraft, and have played WoW for what's probably far too long, lol~ Thanks!
    Try the Witcher series of games. One of the specialties (or talent tree if you will) of the main character is purely based on Alchemy.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a while since i've asked for a game but i'm starting to get burn't out of WoW..Is there anything F2P or P2P if necessary that can bring me the wow feels I once had. Fluid gameplay is a MUST. One thing I really liked about wow was the gameplay, it was fast, but not too fast. Didn't feel like I was waiting 30 seconds to use an ability. Graphics aren't a huge deal, but nothing too old. An amazing story is a huge plus with decent endgame content. I'm afraid I may not get those same old WoW feels but there has to be something that may be similar. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Commander Jon Snow View Post
    It's been a while since i've asked for a game but i'm starting to get burn't out of WoW..Is there anything F2P or P2P if necessary that can bring me the wow feels I once had. Fluid gameplay is a MUST. One thing I really liked about wow was the gameplay, it was fast, but not too fast. Didn't feel like I was waiting 30 seconds to use an ability. Graphics aren't a huge deal, but nothing too old. An amazing story is a huge plus with decent endgame content. I'm afraid I may not get those same old WoW feels but there has to be something that may be similar. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    There's nothing out there as polished as well with the exact same pacing, BUT! I f you can stand a more relaxing 2.5 GCD, look into FFXIV. Amazing story where loose plot threads hinted at earlier are not forgotten by the writers, and with the same amount of polish as well. GW2 is a faster, action packed alternative but the engine can feel finicky at times.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    There's nothing out there as polished as well with the exact same pacing, BUT! I f you can stand a more relaxing 2.5 GCD, look into FFXIV. Amazing story where loose plot threads hinted at earlier are not forgotten by the writers, and with the same amount of polish as well. GW2 is a faster, action packed alternative but the engine can feel finicky at times.
    I'll check out FFXIV since it has a trial, thanks for the suggestion!

Im looking for a game similar to Life is Strange.
    Anyone have any recommendations for anything similar to that, and that hopefully is as awesome as that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Does anyone know of any 2d MMORPGs that has some of the old ways, but hasn't become dated as much as others have. I'm trying to find a 2d MMORPG to play on and off due to their slower pace and just a bit of a nostalgia trip. However the one I've played named Dark Ages nowadays lacks many features and also a population.

By features I mean things to do in the game. Like you have other goals than simply running around endlessly grinding for exp.

So what I'm looking for can be rounded down to
    - 2d MMORPG because I like sprites and feel that the look of them is timeless
    - Still has a good population
    - Isn't abandoned by the creators
    - Has variety in what to do rather than simple grinding till the end of time
    There are no new "2D" MMORPGs in development or have been released in recent history, but Ultima Online and MapleStory are such and still online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Im looking for a game similar to Life is Strange.
    Anyone have any recommendations for anything similar to that, and that hopefully is as awesome as that game?
    Life is Strange is the first in a series of Telltale's TWD-esque "cinematic story games" which are pretty much interactive movies. The only others out there ATM are Telltale's TWD (1 and 2, a survivorman tale), the Wolf Among Us ('80s style fantasy mystery story), Game of Thrones (medieval fiction about everyone hating each others guts), Borderlands (Total absurdity); and soon to be Marvel, Star Wars, Hunger Games, and Minecraft.

Interested in finding a MMO that has accessible PVE while still having roles. Destiny has been a game I've been interested in, but really lacks role variety, everybody is essentially a DPS. Though there is a subclass of Titan that is a semi-support. Does anybody know of games that might fit the bill? I'd go back to WoW, but, don't have time to raid mythic on a schedule, so I've shifted to more schedule-friendly games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elytius View Post
    Interested in finding a MMO that has accessible PVE while still having roles. Destiny has been a game I've been interested in, but really lacks role variety, everybody is essentially a DPS. Though there is a subclass of Titan that is a semi-support. Does anybody know of games that might fit the bill? I'd go back to WoW, but, don't have time to raid mythic on a schedule, so I've shifted to more schedule-friendly games.
    GW2 doesn't have a holy trinity, but when you do small group content you really need them dedicated, specialized players to maintain a complete lockdown on dangrous mobs, maxmimum burst on an add or a tanky support character who can run around and keep everyone alive and rez them without dyig yourself. Warframe is also similar, where you don't have a trinity but you still absolutely need people when your doing elite endgame content to know their stuff, be it CC, epic levels of burst or a tanky guy who can save downed players without dying himself.

Now that I think about, role wise GW2 and Warframe are the exact same game, just different styles of play (GW2 is an action adventure platformer and Warframe is the shooter that inspired Destiny).

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    GW2 doesn't have a holy trinity, but when you do small group content you really need them dedicated, specialized players to maintain a complete lockdown on dangrous mobs, maxmimum burst on an add or a tanky support character who can run around and keep everyone alive and rez them without dyig yourself. Warframe is also similar, where you don't have a trinity but you still absolutely need people when your doing elite endgame content to know their stuff, be it CC, epic levels of burst or a tanky guy who can save downed players without dying himself.

Now that I think about, role wise GW2 and Warframe are the exact same game, just different styles of play (GW2 is an action adventure platformer and Warframe is the shooter that inspired Destiny).
    Do Guardians in GW2 ever take on a tanking role? I've played GW2 before, but, doesn't seem like there's a lot to do PvE wise once you hit the level cap. Could be remedied with the upcoming expansion I suppose.
    Last edited by Elytius; 2015-05-22 at 06:23 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elytius View Post
    Do Guardians in GW2 ever take on a tanking role? I've played GW2 before, but, doesn't seem like there's a lot to do PvE wise once you hit the level cap. Could be remedied with the upcoming expansion I suppose.
    There's an entire game of PvE to do, but it's not a gear treadmill that funnels into raid content. And no, there are no tanks in GW2 unless you count ranger bears which you should only use on your own time and never, ever in group content.
    BAD WOLF

looking for a good mmo strategic game

Quote Originally Posted by orel570 View Post
    looking for a good mmo strategic game
    There are none.

End of Nations might've filled that niche, but Trion botched it three years ago.

You guys should check out ArmorCritical which used to be known as Attack Retrieve Capture and is an addictive free online multiplayer game that truly has stood the test of time.

As i asked in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-knight-class
    Hi there people.
    well. All in topic name - looking for mmo with Dark/Death/Dread/etc. Knight class.
    I know about everquest shadowknights and will try it, Rift reavers, Vanguard (sad that game has potential), WoW DK (currently), FFXIV (no info about) but still wonder - does you know any other mmorpg games with this class (Warrior with dark magic, heavy armor and weapons etc,etc,etc)? Please - help me.
    thanks for reading
    Got some answers as AoC (Dark Templar), GW2 (Revenant) and FFXIV (Dark Knight).

I know that probably there is no more but still will be happy to hear anything. To be more correct - looking for MMORPG and not browser game.
    Thanks again will be happy if you tell me

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    *snip*
    Tera has a reaper which aesthetically fits, maybe not thematically. Rift has some builds you can do with necromancy. I can't think of too many games tbh.
    BAD WOLF

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the old "Tycoon" Games, especially Roller Coaster Tycoon & Zoo Tycoon. Are there any new games (2012 or newer? something around that) that get close to these? [Didn't really like Roller coaster Tycoon 3 though.]

So i'm looking for a sandboxy-rpg-ish single player game with great character customization.

played the shit out of the elder scrolls and fallout franchise with fucktonnes of mods; but i'm starting to get burned out and need something new.
    i love making my own character history and narrative when playing the games.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    So i'm looking for a sandboxy-rpg-ish single player game with great character customization.

played the shit out of the elder scrolls and fallout franchise with fucktonnes of mods; but i'm starting to get burned out and need something new.
    i love making my own character history and narrative when playing the games.
    Mount & Blade: Warband is for you!

Also, perhaps the Stalker series.

Divinity: Original Sin is quite freeform (you can even kill NPCs who hand you quests and repair your armor!), but it plays like a rogue like.

I'm looking for a good citybuilder game, similar to the old Caesar/Pharaoh/Emperor games.

I'm looking for a game that will scratch the WoW itch, but that is either free or does not have a sub. I do have GW2, but I haven't tried it since launch, and I can't spend money on WoW's sub atm. I'm mostly looking for good PvP and a game that can be played for 30 minutes or so a day and still be successful/enjoyable. Sorry for not seeing this thread first.