Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Hello, I am looking for a new strategy game to play. I would like to be able to control huge armies to seige castles, or enemy bases. Ive pretty much only played the Stronghold, Warcraft, and Dawn of War games. Would like something similar to those.

Also a lively multiplayer would be cool.
    I don't think C&C Generals + Generals Zero Hour is very lively still, but that have been my favorite RTS game since I first played it.
    Origin sells a complete Command and Conquer bundle which includes Generals and the expansion Zero Hour. Last time I checked you could play online as well.
    That is not similar in any way to the things I listed lol.
    Still. Half-Life is always a valid suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, I am looking for a new strategy game to play. I would like to be able to control huge armies to seige castles, or enemy bases. Ive pretty much only played the Stronghold, Warcraft, and Dawn of War games. Would like something similar to those.

Well the obvious choice is Starcraft 2 if you enjoyed Warcraft.

Deleted

You could try one of the Total War series. Their thing is essentially controlling large armies to fight field battles or sieges. They are closer to the historical wargame spectrum than traditional RTSs, as they combined a turn-based strategy layer with real time battles and the combat is fairly realistic by game standards (morale is a big deal, units are historically detailed, combined arms/flanking/terrain/surprise etc. all figure).

Total War Shogun 2 may be the best place to start, as the AI is pretty good for a TW game and it's not as overwhelming as some other settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    They all look cool. I'll have to do some more research on them but thanks for the responses!

I'm looking for a new PC game to play. Genre doesn't really matter nor do age or graphics. The genres of video games I enjoy are, RPG's, Shooters, RTS games, Simulation, Whatever the hell genre minecraft is, and JRPGs. I was going to make a list of the games that I've played but it got to be too long to post, I'll just tell you if I've played the game before or not.

I just prefer to stay away from donator games, I'm too addicted to donation games but, P2P games I don't mind.

Deleted
    Im looking for the most recent RCT / themepark / aquapark simulation game.
    I seriously am having a very hard time googling this..
    Bump. 10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neostarwcc View Post
    I'm looking for a new PC game to play. Genre doesn't really matter nor do age or graphics. The genres of video games I enjoy are, RPG's, Shooters, RTS games, Simulation, Whatever the hell genre minecraft is, and JRPGs. I was going to make a list of the games that I've played but it got to be too long to post, I'll just tell you if I've played the game before or not.

I just prefer to stay away from donator games, I'm too addicted to donation games but, P2P games I don't mind.
    Dragon Age series, Dark Souls series, The Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto V, Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, Terraria, and the Mass Effect Trilogy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I'll skip all the really mainstream stuff, given the fact it's likely you've played those. Some RPG and JRPGs that might be worth checking out:

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Ys Origin, Venetica, System Shock 2, Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall (Shadowrun games by Harebrained, basically).

Well, System Shock 2's more of an FPS/RPG hybrid. Bioshock is its streamlined spiritual successor with less RPG elements, basically.

I would suggest all of Blizzard's current video games - WoW, Diablo, Starcraft, and Heroes - unmatched levels of polish.

Hi
    I'm looking for an easy to play online game where you can have fun with very little playing time. It should be very teamplay-oriented and the majority of the community should use Voice Chat/Ts. It can be any Genre except shooters.
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi79 View Post
    Hi
    I'm looking for an easy to play online game where you can have fun with very little playing time. It should be very teamplay-oriented and the majority of the community should use Voice Chat/Ts. It can be any Genre except shooters.
    HotS fits the first two points. No voice chat though, but that's not particularly needed since you can "ping" what you want to do to your allies on the minimap.

Deleted
    Been looking to play my first non MMO final fantasy game. I always liked turn based (J)RPGs and even action based RPGs, the plot is good enough for me. It would most likely have to be a newer one as I have grown very attached to voice acted games bad voice acting or not. I like the FF14 ARR so far and the setting is really nice and even the little voice acting there is, the cutscenes also make up for this. I have seen FFX has a remastered version and I have a Ps4 I could get it on but, I must say that I usually feel overwhelmed when a single player game just opens up completely for me to mess around and get the story myself. That is not to say I don't like choice, I just like a bit of a direction and narrative that I can follow linearly. Is FF13 as bad as people say?

P.S. I have tried FF7 but, the old spikey models really put me off, even if the story is pretty nice. Also, if any Final fantasies are based around mechas... I really hate the mecha settings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post
    Is FF13 as bad as people say? .
    It's a "good" game; terrible, terrible Final Fantasy game though. If you like Final Fantasy, don't play FF13 to satiate that desire.

FF4, FF6, and FF10 are regarded as the best FF games. FF12 is where FFXIV directly takes it's inspiration from (for the setting at least) and has the most expansive universe. FF7 is the most iconic and is getting a remake, but that will probably not come out till at least 2017 knowing how ridiculously long Square Enix takes to release their games. FF15 is coming out "soon™", which is to say, at least not until next year.

Check out Kingdom Hearts too; it's FF and Disney in one, with some FFness thrown into the gameplay.

Starcraft 2, assuming you haven't already checked it out. It has a decent story/campaign mode and a pretty healthy multiplayer population. Gameplay is similar to Warcraft 3, just on a bigger scale and in more of a futuristic/science fiction setting. I don't know that I'd really compare it to Dawn of War (those games put more emphasis on smaller groups of hero units instead of armies, iirc), and I've never played Stronghold. But SC2 is one of the best (if not THE best) RTS games out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi79 View Post
    Hi
    Magicka, pvp wars. Best multiplayer game on the internet atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    It's a "good" game; terrible, terrible Final Fantasy game though. If you like Final Fantasy, don't play FF13 to satiate that desire.
    I don't really have expectations to what a "good" final fantasy game should be. All I know is that I really like the mmo as of right now, and that some stuff is the same in every final fantasy (like chocobos).

I've always been interested in the games seeing as I like rpgs. Think I'll try ff6 (graphics don't really bother me too much) although is the text too much. Some older games go a bit too crazy giving you walls of text to read, and the pacing for the story then goes off. The characters in final fantasy 9 seem pretty cool and the medievel setting is my favourite. Is that one worth starting on, or am I best starting on ffX or ff6?

Hello,
    I'm looking for some new games, particulairy of the Turnbased tactics genre. Huge fan of Might and magic, and Xcom. Other variances of Homm don't realy entice me though. I'm more interested in gameplay then story. Gameplay should be smooth and fast, something games like Blackguards and shadowrun don't really do.

Also looking to play a new mmorpg. Having Eso on my mind. I really enjoy the endgame footage. But unsure if there is anything else intersting to do besides dungeons and raid endgame (prolly not going to be into pvp). Atleast WoW is 'fun' to afk in. I don't like the eastern vibe of many of those games either, or the over color cartoony wildstar, which in my eyes also seem to easy. I looked up a few top 25 but there weren't that many enticers, should I give eso a shot? I do have a lv 33 so far but that was the first week eso came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Hello,
    I'm looking for some new games, particulairy of the Turnbased tactics genre. Huge fan of Might and magic, and Xcom. Other variances of Homm don't realy entice me though. I'm more interested in gameplay then story. Gameplay should be smooth and fast, something games like Blackguards and shadowrun don't really do.

Also looking to play a new mmorpg. Having Eso on my mind. I really enjoy the endgame footage. But unsure if there is anything else intersting to do besides dungeons and raid endgame (prolly not going to be into pvp). Atleast WoW is 'fun' to afk in. I don't like the eastern vibe of many of those games either, or the over color cartoony wildstar, which in my eyes also seem to easy. I looked up a few top 25 but there weren't that many enticers, should I give eso a shot? I do have a lv 33 so far but that was the first week eso came out.
    @ First question: Try Divinity Original Sin
    @Section question: ESO has made many QOL improvements and since you already bought it you can go back and try it for free. I would.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Hello,

For the strategy, I know they rpgs which have story which might distract you but, the fire emblem games are nice especially the new one for a first entry game. You can set permanent death like xcom and the characters are well developed so you really want to keep them alive it's grid based turn battle but, there is enough complexity there to keep improving.

Second one I have been playing ff14 and the job system there is nice and there is a boost to new jobs (classes) in terms of XP when u have a job that is higher. Content is plenty as of right now with a new expansion. Never tried ESO can't comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post
    For the strategy, I know they rpgs which have story which might distract you but, the fire emblem games are nice especially the new one for a first entry game. You can set permanent death like xcom and the characters are well developed so you really want to keep them alive it's grid based turn battle but, there is enough complexity there to keep improving.

Second one I have been playing ff14 and the job system there is nice and there is a boost to new jobs (classes) in terms of XP when u have a job that is higher. Content is plenty as of right now with a new expansion. Never tried ESO can't comment.
    Great suggestion and I was going to suggest it myself, but Fire Emblem Awakening is only on 3DS and all the games the guy listed were PC games so he might not have a 3DS.