yeah I only have a pc available. I do already have divinity original sin, Same as Dragon age inquisition. Both great games, but yet I Barely played both only for a few zones. They are both great games and abide my wishes, but I dunno why I can't be bothered to play the rest of them. Maybe I'm to picky
    Going to try eso again though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    yeah I only have a pc available. I do already have divinity original sin, Same as Dragon age inquisition. Both great games, but yet I Barely played both only for a few zones. They are both great games and abide my wishes, but I dunno why I can't be bothered to play the rest of them. Maybe I'm to picky
    Going to try eso again though.
    If you like divinity original sin then pillars of eternity is the same baldurs gate style if you liked that. I might tryeao on my ps4 as well always just heard negative things about it

Deleted
    So I've been fed-up lately and I'm looking for something to quench my MMO thirst. My all-time favourite MMO was, and always will be, City of Heroes. The level of customisation the game offered was incredible, no one looked the same and there were a lot of power combinations to choose from to truly make your character your own. The combat mechanics weren't spectacular but I enjoyed them for what they were, it is (or perhaps was) a 10 year old game after-all. I've tried champions and DC online but they pale in comparison IMO. However, I haven't played either since launch so maybe they have changed?

I also refuse to play any game operated by or in association with NCsoft due to the way they treated the City of Heroes community.

I've been playing a lot of Terraria lately too, which has been occupying me for a lot of time (ok not an MMO but still really fun). I really enjoy the sense of progression with it, while also again being able to build your own house etc really appeals to me. There's a lot to do, and it's even better done with friends.

Crowfall has piqued my interest but with it being so far until release I'm not willing to wait or ride the hype train only to be left disappointed. I enjoyed ArcheAge for some time but felt Trion really let it slip, resulting in a quick un-install never to return until things improved.

WoW is just boring these days, I think WoD has killed me off the franchise unfortunately so I'm staying clear of that until the next expansion is revealed.

FFXIV looked interesting, I played the initial version before ARR and somewhat enjoyed it but I've never been a FF fan so I found it hard to keep myself enthused about playing. I've looked at the free trial but despised the isolated feeling of the zones, how you have to go through a loading screen indicated by a horrible blue dotted line to change area.

So what would you recommend? What are you old City of Heroes players playing if anything at all?

Thanks!

Nothing the likes of CoH is out there sadly. Champion's Online is the closest, but it is run by PW... *shivers*

GW2 has a similar emphasis on transmoging over gearing, and has an "expansion" (only one zone) coming up. FFXIV also has transmoging, though unlike GW2 it still goes the WoW route with tiers of gearing and so forth. It just released an (full) expansion. Might hold you over until WoW X6 is announced.

Anyone play Specs Ops: The Line? How's the story? No spoilers please
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Anyone play Specs Ops: The Line? How's the story? No spoilers please
    The game is fine while it lasts. It can be beaten in like 3-4 hours on the max difficulty though so keep that in mind before you buy it. I'd wait for a Steam sale before grabbing it.

Deleted
    Are there any good pirate themed games out there?

except for black flag

i'm also not rly interested in sci-fi pirates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post

except for black flag

eve online lol

btw i would like to start playing eve again myself. played it over 6 months on and off but i just dont know how to enjoy that game.
    if there is someone here who i could befriend to play eve online together pm me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post

except for black flag

have you played sid meiers pirates? its and old-ish game but it is amazing

there is also windward on steam however i didnt play more than 30 minutes of that but its kinda of the same style as pirates just newer and multiplayer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    eve online lol

btw i would like to start playing eve again myself. played it over 6 months on and off but i just dont know how to enjoy that game.
    if there is someone here who i could befriend to play eve online together pm me
    what are your interests and what is yout timezone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    have you played sid meiers pirates? its and old-ish game but it is amazing

there is also windward on steam however i didnt play more than 30 minutes of that but its kinda of the same style as pirates just newer and multiplayer

- - - Updated - - -

what are your interests and what is yout timezone?
    blowing things up that grant income and CEST.

l4 missions income in hisec is like dust in a desert. tried FW plex farming, that after some time was enough to pay for a PLEX but still boring as fuark for a solo player. and frustrating at times for obvious reasons (ganking)

10+ Year Old Account
    blowing things up that grant income and CEST.

l4 missions income in hisec is like dust in a desert. tried FW plex farming, that after some time was enough to pay for a PLEX but still boring as fuark for a solo player. and frustrating at times for obvious reasons (ganking)
    have you tried daytripping into wormholes farming blue loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    have you tried daytripping into wormholes farming blue loot?
    nop, and only pvp i had was as eve university student and also getting crushed by t2 frigates in fw plexes

Just got finished with the walking dead season 2 (video game) and still got a zombie survival itch I need to scratch. What would you guys say is the best zombie survival game out there? I want to scavenge for food and water I want it to be hard to come by.. I want ammo to be rare I want to run a lot until I can find shelter and build it up and try to survive I want to have people with me maybe make decisions for them.. I want people to fight between each other.. I want drama.. I want people to die from zombies and other people I want consequences for my decisions.Pretty much I want to play a walking dead game with way way WAY more control haha

Also for anyone else I have literally beat my last single player game.. I am out of shit to play besides my multiplayer ones but I cant play those for hours.. need something with a good story but I have beat witcher 3 DAI PoE divinity original sin wasteland 2 shadowrun and xcom there is like nothing left until November what the fuck do I do! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    nop, and only pvp i had was as eve university student and also getting crushed by t2 frigates in fw plexes
    well if things go well you wont have to pvp in wormholes, althoguh there is ofcourse the risk of it.

c2 sleeper sites are pretty easy in a vexor, or a myrm if you prefer

you can send me a mail ingame at Gegalfo orti if you are interested

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    Just got finished with the walking dead season 2 (video game) and still got a zombie survival itch I need to scratch. What would you guys say is the best zombie survival game out there? I want to scavenge for food and water I want it to be hard to come by.. I want ammo to be rare I want to run a lot until I can find shelter and build it up and try to survive I want to have people with me maybe make decisions for them.. I want people to fight between each other.. I want drama.. I want people to die from zombies and other people I want consequences for my decisions.Pretty much I want to play a walking dead game with way way WAY more control haha

Also for anyone else I have literally beat my last single player game.. I am out of shit to play besides my multiplayer ones but I cant play those for hours.. need something with a good story but I have beat witcher 3 DAI PoE divinity original sin wasteland 2 shadowrun and xcom there is like nothing left until November what the fuck do I do! lol
    Personally I enjoyed State of Decay the most. Was very well done considering it was some-what of an indie title. You have base building (it's not amazing but it's ok, you get to choose where your settlement is eventually etc and what buildings you have) you scavenge through houses and stores to find supplies. You can do a slow/careful search or speed it up which makes a lot of noise and attracts nearby zombies, pretty neat. I've not played it in for ages, though they've updated it last I've heard. When your character dies in the game you don't respawn, that character's legacy ends there. You instead begin playing as one of the other survivors you have found, which may have different skills with regards to guns or melee weapons for example. You get to send your other survivors out on missions, sometimes they come back fine, other times they may die and some times you have to go out and help them return if shit hits the fan. You can swap which survivor you are playing at at any time IIRC, as if you overplay one they get tired and need to rest so end up not being able to sprint for long/if at all.

I heard a rumour they were making a state of decay MMO but never pursued it to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wig View Post
    Personally I enjoyed State of Decay the most. Was very well done considering it was some-what of an indie title. You have base building (it's not amazing but it's ok, you get to choose where your settlement is eventually etc and what buildings you have) you scavenge through houses and stores to find supplies. You can do a slow/careful search or speed it up which makes a lot of noise and attracts nearby zombies, pretty neat. I've not played it in for ages, though they've updated it last I've heard. When your character dies in the game you don't respawn, that character's legacy ends there. You instead begin playing as one of the other survivors you have found, which may have different skills with regards to guns or melee weapons for example. You get to send your other survivors out on missions, sometimes they come back fine, other times they may die and some times you have to go out and help them return if shit hits the fan. You can swap which survivor you are playing at at any time IIRC, as if you overplay one they get tired and need to rest so end up not being able to sprint for long/if at all.

I heard a rumour they were making a state of decay MMO but never pursued it to find out.
    Thanks! Yea state of decay was the only one really on my radar I was just wondering if there was some other zombie survival I may have missed or overlooked.

Deleted
    Hello there,

A friend and I are looking for an online game with multiplayer (mmo type game), as we have grown out of playing wow (just got stale with only raids being a pve end game option). My friends PC is not that great, and I would like him to try ff14 but he doesn't seem to like the look of it and I worry he can't even run it. For an example he can't run heroes of the storm on low at a playable level.

The type of game must be one where we can progress online with levels or unlocks. Free to play would be better as they are usually easier to try out with now but to play available or whatever.

Please help! For a note I would love him to get into some sort of moba but he didn't like smite and he has some weird aversion to click to move like RTS games or any top down moba, how can I ease him into these type of games?

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Magicka, pvp wars. Best multiplayer game on the internet atm.
    I just wanted to second this. It seems to be quite a unique game and has a very high skill cap. No RNG, all skill and reflexes and teamwork. There's friendly fire (everything affects everyone), which means tactics and positioning are critical. I've only ever played it solo, but I can imagine this would be a great game to play with 1-3 other people in a group. Quick queues for games (maybe 1-2 minutes), games last 10-15 minutes. I like the RPG aspect of the game also. You can customize your character through masteries, which basically give you gear or weapons or skills, which can enhance certain elements. I've only played 3 or 4 hours so far, but it keeps me coming back.

Looking for something similar to the old Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox, any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWorkSon77 View Post
    Looking for something similar to the old Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox, any suggestions?
    knights of the old republic 2? and even if you have played it, consider getting it on steam as it actually recieved a major update recently, widescreen support and integrated restored content mod.

or you could sub to SWTOR and just play class missions