Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Looking for a f2p MMO that has no pay to win elements. Also no buy to play stuff either just free to play. Also open to martial arts style mmos.
    Path of Exile's cash shop exclusively sells cosmetics and bank expansions (and the default bank tab is already really big).

GW2's vanilla game is now free-to-play (with restrictions), and the cash shop only sells cosmetics, bank space and unbreakable mining tools, which are dirt cheap to buy with ingame currency anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Path of Exile's cash shop exclusively sells cosmetics and bank expansions (and the default bank tab is already really big).

GW2's vanilla game is now free-to-play (with restrictions), and the cash shop only sells cosmetics, bank space and unbreakable mining tools, which are dirt cheap to buy with ingame currency anyways.
    Yeah I already play those 2 sadly. Sorry I should have specified a few things that I play or don't.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-08 at 06:37 PM.

Well I just got myself a PS4 and i only played 2 games on the entire playstation series : Castlevania Symphony of the Night on the PS1 and Demon's Souls on the PS3. So please suggest me a batch of must have PS4 exclusives ( can be remastered versions of ps4 games as well or even games available on xbox as well, just not on PC , since I own a powerful pc and would much rather player a game on the pc if it's available).

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a MMO to play on PC that has raids. Would prefer something that is free but would also consider something buy to play. I've played WoW so I'm basically looking for something to fill my time between now and Legion. A lot of people have suggested Final Fantasy 14 but I just can't get into it. Would also prefer a game that isn't on the verge of dying (looking at you Rift/Wildstar).

Are there any good MMO's left with raids that aren't dying?

Enforcer,

Have you tried GW2? The game doesn't seem to be dying but not sure how big the raiding scene is and they are a rather new addition still.

Star Wars: the Old Republic has something akin to raids, but since I never got to max level in it, I can tell you nothing about them.
    (for me the game was trying to be both MMO and single player cRPG at the same time, and as a result is mediocre as both)

Well, one thing I know that it also uses the tank/healer/dps "trinity", though there can also be ranged tanks, I think (classes like Trooper on Republic side/Bounty Hunter on Empire side), no idea how that works, since I didn't try one.

Deleted
    Looking for a game with broad customization options (I mean build) that:

→ doesn't have one best build (like Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2)

→ isn't as boring as Tree of Savior

→ isn't dead (like Guild Wars 1)

→ doesn't force me to play with toxic people (like League of Legends)

Does such game even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Looking for a game with broad customization options (I mean build) that:

→ doesn't have one best build (like Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2)

→ isn't as boring as Tree of Savior

→ isn't dead (like Guild Wars 1)

→ doesn't force me to play with toxic people (like League of Legends)

Does such game even exist?
    Warframe.

There are builds miles ahead of others, but in a game where optimization isn't a focus, this isn't a deal (you can make your starter weapons amazing if you want)
    No treadmill, instead all of the items you get change your style of play (broad customization/builds, there you go)
    Gameplay is as fun as you make it to be (the focus is on getting the items you want to make play even funner)
    Is Steam's most active MMO

At first it may seem P2W since you can buy items, but as said before power isn't an issue in Warframe; items provide variety, and everything in the game (including cash shop cosmetics) can be obtained through normal gameplay.
    I've never seen toxicity in Warframe, and you can play solo or with friends if you want.

Deleted
    Thanks! I'll check it out. We can always count on you, Valyrian.

I never played any of the Senran Kagura games and I hate handhelds. Is Estival Versus for the PS4 cool to pick up?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are your favorite games that utilize a HOTAS? I just dusted off my ol' Thrustmaster and am looking for games to play with it.

Looking for two super old games just because I can't remember the name and it is bothering me.

The first was on the Nintendo and it was a PvP type game. You could play against another player or the AI. You had a base and in the base you had 3 vehicles, a jeep, a tank and a helicopter. I think there were waves of soldiers that would attack and you could kill them with your vehicle but you had to destroy the enemy base.

The second game was on the genesis and was another PvP type game. You could play against another player or the AI. You also had a base in this one and had your main vehicle that could be a plane or a ground vehicle. As a plane you could pick up turrets and drop them on different outposts. You won by destroying the enemies main base.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Night, what about Return Fire for the first? However, that doesn't seem to have been a Nintendo game but it does sound a lot like you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Night, what about Return Fire for the first? However, that doesn't seem to have been a Nintendo game but it does sound a lot like you described.
    Return fire is it! I thought it was Nintendo but I guess it was on the original PS. I remember taking a helicopter out into deep water and getting the submarine to fire a heat seeking missile at you then trying to make it back to your base and land before dying. That was a fun game.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Hey everybody,

So i was looking at Fallout 4 Sarcastic Jerk videos on youtube when i found this "funny moments" clips from Dragons Age: Inquisition. I never paid the game much attention but after watching that video i kinda want to try it out now. Right now i'm playing FO4 and i like how its open world with lots of places to explore. But there are a few things about FO4 that i'm not really happy with such as the companion AI. Companion dialogue was never a big deal for me but when i see how good DAI's was in that video it kinda makes me want to experience it for myself.

So what is Dragon Age Inquisition like? i'm not sure i want to look at "lets play" vids on youtube because i dont want it spoiled for me. But i just wanted to know what kinda of game it is compared to say FO4 or Skyrim. Is it open world or linear questing? does it have like an MQ but you can go around doing sidequests as much as you want? in the video below i see it has a party like system. So i guess you can be the party lead and you can pick from several companions or something? whats the AI like? is it fallout-4-dumb or is it pretty decent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxwR6aSzho
    Last edited by notanmmmonewbie; 2016-06-02 at 07:44 PM.

In the mood for an alien planet based Sci Fi RPG. Pretty reluctant to go out and buy a Wii U just for Xenoblade X, and The Repopulation is still in beta. Something along the lines of Ace Online, Hakwen, and the above games. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-06-03 at 02:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I'm looking for kind of a specific game that I don't think exists. Basically, I'm looking for a game that focuses on spellcasting and magic with lots of spells to learn, maybe online but maybe not, with an open world feel. I'm imagining it would have skill based progression, not level up mechanics, where spells either get stronger over time (sort of like eve online has offline skills) or by usage. Skyrim probably has a lot of these pieces actually, but I've played that and couldn't get into it. Ideally, this game would have destructive environments and puzzles that require magic to solve.
    Puff i also think it does not exist, but i think Morrowind might be the more accurate for what you are looking for, it has toons of spells, and a plethora of enchanments to try, and no it does not have puzzles to solve, but you can make clever use of magik to avoid some fightings.
    Give a try, but i recommend to take your time modding it to your liking, also a fan made a big graphical overhaul that might be worth checking; there are also a lot of mods that add spells to the game.

Wait, now that i think of it i have a better sugggestion.
    You are looking for either icewindale 2, make all chars caster classes, or baldur´s gate 2.
    If you choose baldur´s gate 2 you have to do this, create a multiplayer game and assign all the six slots to you, that way you can control a party created entirely by you, no need to recruit, and again make 6 casters, a lot of caster classes/specs to choose.
    Also you could try NWN, i am sure there must be a lot of modules fan made for casters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Looking for a MMO to play on PC that has raids. Would prefer something that is free but would also consider something buy to play. I've played WoW so I'm basically looking for something to fill my time between now and Legion. A lot of people have suggested Final Fantasy 14 but I just can't get into it. Would also prefer a game that isn't on the verge of dying (looking at you Rift/Wildstar).

Are there any good MMO's left with raids that aren't dying?
    If it is only until Legion your saffest bet is RIFT, you will feel like at home when playing it if you are used to wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation, either genre or a particular game?
    If you have a controller, Dragon´s Dogma dark arisen.
    It is different, and although not perfect, i can tell you the more i am playing it, the more i am liking it (i have just played 3-4 hours).
    I have the feeling it is gonna become one of my most liked games.
    Combat feels amazing as soon as you get 3 or 4 skills (very soon in the game)
    The only problem i see is that it might come very addictive, so i am afraid it will steal more and more of your free time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symph View Post
    I think Shadows of Mordor might be just what I'm looking for. Thanks a ton for all the suggestions.
    Dragon´s dogma for you too
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-06-09 at 01:50 PM.

I haven't touched many games in the last decade - so anything in the last 8-10 years that isn't as big as undertale - I probably know little to nothing about.

So, I've recently gotten into Ipad games and I've found a trend that reminds me of an old fan-made touhou game called "Touhou Pocket wars" where you get a majority of your characters through a Gacha system(randomly drawn).

I'm wondering are there any games that *aren't* freemium that use a gacha system? If done well I really enjoy these...99% of ipad RPGs just use it as a cash cow.

Deleted
    Hey y'all!

Does anyone know if they still make god games like Black and White 2? For an old game, it looks decent and is so much fun to play even now but I need more! And preferably something more recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Hey y'all!

Does anyone know if they still make god games like Black and White 2? For an old game, it looks decent and is so much fun to play even now but I need more! And preferably something more recent.
    Spore is the last god-game I can remember, and that came out... *whew* eight years ago, in 2008 I believe. Origin may have it (yes, it's an EA game).