Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Spore is the last god-game I can remember, and that came out... *whew* eight years ago, in 2008 I believe. Origin may have it (yes, it's an EA game).
    Thanks. Well I have Spore, didn't really like it that much as it seemed very limited. There was one other.. newer one too which was kinda fun but was also very limited and more like a puzzle game. I think it's called From Dust or some such.

But in any case, the genre is dead then? Such a shame..

I know this may not be the thread for it but I figured this is the best place to ask

Does anyone know if Gears of War Ultimate has a active online on PC? I want to get it for my PC to play some MP but I don't want to spend $30 and its dead.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire series for Telltale's Game of Thrones and Tales From the Borderlands are on sale for 70% off. Wondering if you guys think they are worth it? I loved The Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2.

I'm looking for a fun base building strategy game. I'm looking at Stronghold 3, Age of Empires 3 or Age of Wonders 3 and they all look interesting. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    I'm looking for a fun base building strategy game. I'm looking at Stronghold 3, Age of Empires 3 or Age of Wonders 3 and they all look interesting. Any suggestions?
    Stronghold Crusader and Stronghold are great. Strongold 2, 3 etc are much worse.

I'm looking for a new RPG game to play on PC and I can't choose between Pillars of Eternity and Divinity:Original Sin. Both are on sale at the moment on Steam.
    Can anyone list their pro and cons?
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Looking for a selection of rpg games (pc or andriod only) with good character customisation when it comes to character builds. For example you might have a character with a sword and shield. You can make them more "tanky" or more damage-esque or purhaps you have the option of build their stats around being more of a cleric spell dps.

Youre not limited to a specific role when you first create your character. Stats and gear decide that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    I'm looking for a new RPG game to play on PC and I can't choose between Pillars of Eternity and Divinity:Original Sin. Both are on sale at the moment on Steam.
    Can anyone list their pro and cons?
    Im afraid I cant really list pros and cons. My boyfriend however has played and loved both. If you have the money to buy both he would throughly recomend it if you enjoy turned based games.

He prefurred Pillars but theres a lot of text to read he said.
    Last edited by Merixa; 2016-07-04 at 10:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played Pillars of Eternity, but one major difference I know of is that Divinity: Original Sin allows you to fully interact with the environment and change it to suit your needs. You can make it rain and the use an electric spell to shock your enemies, or pick up a candle and throw it into a poison cloud causing an explosion.

It's the kind of thing that once you play with it, it makes every other game that doesn't have it feel vastly inferior. The story wasn't super engrossing though imo. I've heard the story of PoE is quite good.

Takolin,

I have played both and enjoyed them. Not going to make a list but one big con of Divinity though for me was all the text. I normally don't skip it in games but in this one I did ignore A LOT and with it being so "oldschool" it meant some Googling to find out where to go. So overall I preferred Pillars more for being more engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Stronghold Crusader and Stronghold are great. Strongold 2, 3 etc are much worse.
    Thanks, I ended up getting Age of Wonders 3. It is like Civ 5 but better combat and more combat focused.

Divinity: Original Sin has a great combat system. The only fault if you can call it that is the first town has so much to do that it bogs down the gameplay. You'll spend 30 minutes in the tutorial area learning the combat system followed by 4+ hours of talking to people in town (and probably robbing their houses). Also it is possible to make serious mistakes with your characters build and you may decide to start over causing you to have to go through all that town crap all over again.
    It is quite humorous the first time though. A fun game to play with a friend.

Pillars of Eternity is a good game but takes a while to grow on you. They throw you into the world without explaining anything, it has a lot of lore and backstory but it is tedious to learn it all and keep everything straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hack & Slash setting in sci-fi or something? I got greed: black border on steam and space siege going buy soon, but anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Hack & Slash setting in sci-fi or something? I got greed: black border on steam and space siege going buy soon, but anything else?
    The first thing that comes to my mind is Hyper Light Drifter. I haven't played it yet, it is on my wishlist and I'm waiting for a price drop or good sale but it looks nice. The setting is inspired by Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Gameplay looks like retro Zelda style of hack and slash.

http://www.heart-machine.com/

Your top 5 games co-op on xbox one

Just looking for a few suggestions on some good couch games to play with friends and family.

So i just bought the 'new' nintendo 3ds XL, and haven't owned one before.
    so i'd like to hear what the must have games are, and in general just some good games to buy (not very fond of Jrpgs).
    bought ocarina of time and majoras mask as starters, and i'm heavily considering Hyrule warrior legends.

Bonus question: is it worth getting pokemon X/Y, or should i wait till sun & moon are released?

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    So i just bought the 'new' nintendo 3ds XL, and haven't owned one before.
    so i'd like to hear what the must have games are, and in general just some good games to buy (not very fond of Jrpgs).
    bought ocarina of time and majoras mask as starters, and i'm heavily considering Hyrule warrior legends.

Bonus question: is it worth getting pokemon X/Y, or should i wait till sun & moon are released?
    It is generally not worth buying the other version of a Pokemon game (a game being both versions) unless you want the exclusives the other side has, said exclusives being a few Pokemon that you can trade for anyways and megastones which are handed out liberally by Nintendo via events. IMO, you would be best served by spending your extra money not by buying the other version, but by buying one of the ORAS games (which has far, far more endgame longevity than XY, as well as new mega formes).

Fire Emblem Fates, all three versions. A must have for 3DS. Each version has it's own unique story (approximately 35 hours long each), many new characters to interact with, and just more Fire Emblem overall. I would recommend you play them in the order of Conquest > Birthright > Revealation. I started with Birthright, and realized too late upon starting Conquest that the overall story would have had far more impact if I had played Conquest first. Revealation is the best ending but play it last because it has massive spoilers for the other two routes and carries the most emotional impact if you have met the characters before in the other two routes. Would only recommend the DLC if you really, really enjoy the game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is by far the best JRPG you can get on 3DS, and among the top 10 best RPGs ever ever made. It is an absolute must have. I'll let Mother's Basement say why you should get it, but bewarned there are light spoilers below. If you can get it for the original Wii or Wii U, that may preferable to 3DS since it looks better at higher rez.

Hey guys i'm looking for a game that is f2p mmorpg and relatively new (the newer the better such as early access), i like games such as WoW, FFXIV, Allods. I just like the game startup grind without everyone knowing what to do. Thanks in advance

Deleted
    ♫♫Hello, it's me♫♫ AGAIN.

Now I'm looking for a game for duo play with a friend from a different region (I'm EU and she's South America) - something that can be run on older PCs / laptops. Genre doesn't matter (it can be a browser game as long as it fits our needs), we're open for suggestions. F2P is prefered option.

You guys here always do a great job, professional!

Hello! I dearly love MMORPGs but for the past few years I have been most dispirited and have not found any that I wish to play. I have spent a great many hours searching but I tend to be quite daft much of the time and often miss a great many things. I was dearly hopping that perhaps somebody here might be able to aid me in finding a game at least reasonably close to what I am looking for!

I am looking for a fantasy MMO. The tone and setting are the most important things to me, I care not much for the state of graphics, endgame content or any other such thing. I tend to just roleplay on my own in any case. I would like one with something of a more traditional fantasy setting? I am a huge lover of Tolkien's world for example. I do not have much interest in games with more anime-ish style or where my character must wear garments adorned with a great number of belts. That is not to say at all that I think such games are bad! I assure you all I most certainly do not look down upon such things, it is just quite simply not the type of world I wish to make a character in right now.

Being able to play as a traditional style elf would be a huge bonus to me, as would my character being able to wear apparel which is not overly revealing. I do not mind if people like that sort of thing at all but for my own characters I would favor something far more voluminous. Perhaps speaking of some fantasy MMOs I have enjoyed would give a more clear picture of what it is I seek? I cannot describe things well I know...

LorRO is the MMO I have most enjoyed. I think it is wonderful in many ways, the only reason I am not just playing it is that I wish to be a sorcerer and it is a world without arcane magic as such. WoW I have played quite a bit but the world is a little too steeped in magic for my taste. The matter of the only race I can play as having ears so long and being allied with the likes of orcs and such is also a matter of some vexation to me when I play.
    GW2 I have had fun with and I enjoyed its combat a lot but the style of apparel was not to my taste and I felt many things got in the way of roleplaying for me, guild tags right next to names and the like. I also could not play a race I felt good as.

Runescape had some of the nicest quests and setting of those I have played but I had to wield either a wand or a staff in order to use magic. I do not mind being weaker if I use something else but I wish to carry a sword rather than a stick. I also was tired of having to raise all my skills to be eligible for quests, I did not want a character who was a master of all things and who never needed aid with their trials. I also was required to play as a silly human.

I am not trying to say anything bad about those games at all, indeed I have enjoyed my time with all of them! I just felt that naming why I was unhappy with my characters in them might add more clarity to the description of the type of game I search for.
    I thank you all most respectfully for your time. May your days be most wonderfully pleasant!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylariel View Post
    -snip-
    The closest game I would recommend to your specifications would be either of the Final Fantasy MMOs (Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV), but there are some drawbacks.

Final Fantasy XI's world is the least technologically advanced of the two FF MMOs, and has a traditional elf race. The game's development cycle is over (ie, no more expansions), so you do technically speaking have a complete game with over a decade of updates to play with. However, the game was developed for consoles and has a very unnatural user interface. Furthermore, the game is quite old. I know you said you didn't care much for graphics fidelity, but if you've taken for granted the graphics of modern MMORPGs, FFXI will be quite a turn off. Furthermore, the lack of players (as most of the playerbase have finished the game and moved on to the second Final Fantasy MMO) may make the game feel lonely, and some multiplayer content unbeatable. The game had quite the roleplaying base baack in the day, but again, given the current state of the playerbase, I doubt you will find it a haven for RPing on a regular basis. As for outfits, I do not recall any scantily clad wear, and the end game robes for mages are quite elaborate. However, this is a good group game to play if you have friends who want to play a RPG together with a huge amount of content to use. Note that some classes require you to level prequisite classes to use, and the sheer amount of classes means there's probably an option for the specific archetype you wish to play. Blue Mages are wizards with swords, for example. You can also be two classes at once. Coming to mobile soon.

Final Fantasy XIV is the new FF MMO. The setting is more technologically advanced but still has elves (FYI, the races of FFXIV are direct copy-paste clones of the races from FFXI, exact same elves, different name). It is similar to WoW in that it has heavy use of magic. The game's characters look like they are from anime, but clothes look fabulous. There is revealing clothing available though. Had an active RP base last time I checked (- last year). Gameplay wise, it has 2.5 second GCD which makes more slower, more relaxing combat, which may or may not be a turn off for you. Like FFXI, you can switch between classes, and some classes require you to level prequisite classes. Unlike FFXI, you cannot dual class. Classes in FFXIV fall into strict archetypes. ATM, mages can only use staves, no spellswords.

Note: In GW2, you can turn off player names, and hold a button to see them if you want to check, so guild tags shouldn't get in the way. Yeah, no elves though.

Ah! Thank you so very very much!
    The first of those is quite interesting to me indeed!
    I sort of like lonely feeling worlds and BG2 has been my mainstay the past few years so I am really fine with lower graphics.
    I will definitely be taking a look at it! Thank you very much! ^__^