I'm looking for a new RPG to play on PC. I would really prefer something high fantasy, where I can have most of my offense come from magic. I absolutely loved the Dragon Age games and have played through them multiple times. Witcher III looks very interesting, but from watching videos, it looks like the controls aren't super PC friendly, and that it's primarily weapon based combat. I tried Skyrim a while back, but I absolutely hated the controls.

I would also like the game to be pretty graphically intense as I just finished my new computer and want to test its limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

What games are there where you host your own servers to get people to play with you, like in Minecraft? Can anyone name a few popular ones?

Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    Not sure if such a thing exists but I am looking for challenging games but also has minimal stress involved. I am schizophrenic and don't deal well with lots of stress.

My favorite genres are Stealth/Tactical/Strategy.

Games I've played the longest/enjoyed the most are:

Thief series.

Doom series.

Deus Ex series.

Diablo series.

Path of Exile.

Grim Dawn.

Batman Arkham series.

Elder Scrolls series minus the MMO.

Most Warhammer games.

Shadowrun series.

Shadow tactics: Blades of the Shogun.

Torchlight series.

World of Warcraft.

Any suggestions outside of these would be great. Would like a solo friendly MMO if one is suggested...my social skills aren't the greatest so I tend to be quiet in group situations. Thanks for any input.
    If you liked Grim Dawn you will also love Titan's Quest - especially now that it just had an anniversary edition release that somewhat fixed multiplayer.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

I'm looking for a sort of economic management game where you have to organize production chains with different products, something similar to the Caesar or Anno series. Anyone knows of another game series like those 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    I'm looking for a sort of economic management game where you have to organize production chains with different products, something similar to the Caesar or Anno series. Anyone knows of another game series like those 2?
    Settlers!

And a honorary mention to Knights and Merchants
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a 3rd person shooter with a good story in the vein of Max Payne and Dead Space.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Looking for a 3rd person shooter with a good story in the vein of Max Payne and Dead Space.
    Did you play F.E.A.R? The first one was pretty good. Graphics look dated but its not that bad.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I've had a few other people recommend the following and I was just wondering if anyone here has played them and recommends them as well:

Stardew Valley
    Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
    RimWorld
    Factorio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Did you play F.E.A.R? The first one was pretty good. Graphics look dated but its not that bad.
    This was actually on my to-do-eventually list, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account

Any MMO(RPG) out there to the taste i prefer?

I was wondering if there was a mmo(rpg) out there, Where you have classes like, mage, warrior, priest, hunter etc
    but also have the option everytime you level to choose where you wanna spend your points on, so not like WoW where everything is automatically filled in..
    So like, i got the options to spend 5 points on either, agi, Dex, Sta, str, int etc. (Like maplestory for those who remember?)

And a game where you dont out level to fast, where being a high lvl is something to be proud off.
    Would be great if you had the option to choose which skills you want too.

I don't know if im asking for the impossible, but any games out there, like my desire?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

New Here ~ Looking For A Specific Game

Hi there, I'm clearly new here to these forums and I joined specifically to see if there was anyone here who could help me identify a game that I cannot remember the name to. It's an MMORPG that was out in 2005-2007 time. I can't remember any specific class names aside from the human Priest which was what I played as. But I remember the game had two factions that each had their own individual races associated with them. There was the human factions, and then there was an orc like faction. The humans had Fighter, Rogue, Wizard and Priest roles, that all had their own subclasses. And the orc-like faction had a their classes separated by male and female roles, the male roles were the warrior types and then it broke down into three subclasses. One was a dual wielding class which was all melee oriented, then there was a melee role that had the right arm of the character being a cannon, and the third was an armored tank class which had a shield-like gauntlet. The female roles were caster based, with three subclasses as well one wielded a scythe and cast more offensive magic, one was a staff wielding class that did more support magic and the third had a tome I do believe that was more of a hybrid.

The game played in a 3rd person perspective with you controlling your character with WASD, spacebar was jump and it was set in a fantasy world. I know this isn't much to go off of, but I was hoping that perhaps someone would know what I'm talking about. It felt like the precursor to Warhammer's MMORPG they did, and I remember the game's name was a single word like 'FURY' or something like that.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, and remembers the name of the game that'd be awesome.

Recommend me a medieval MMORPG

I am looking for a new MMORPG set in medieval times. I'd like something similar to DayZ (but without zombies or guns) that is open world and has a good pvp aspect. I find Guild Wars 2 too 'Japanese'

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zigglr6 View Post
    I am looking for a new MMORPG set in medieval times. I'd like something similar to DayZ (but without zombies or guns) that is open world and has a good pvp aspect. I find Guild Wars 2 too 'Japanese'

IF you find GW2 "to Japanese" You aren't going to like any other sandbox mmo out there as they are mostly asain MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by zigglr6 View Post
    I find Guild Wars 2 too 'Japanese'
    What does that even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    What does that even mean?
    This.

I assume they actually mean Korean or even Anime -like in art style, but GW and its lore aren't particularly Asian.

10+ Year Old Account

mobile games for phone

what mobile games could u recommend for phones, whether its iphone or android ?

i currently have geometry dash which is a dexterity game, and chess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what mobile games could u recommend for phones, whether its iphone or android ?

i currently have geometry dash which is a dexterity game, and chess
    Emulators (gameboy to psx/n64 games).

Mobile gaming is pretty much poop. I like the Final Fantasy remakes though.

Hey.

So I just binged played Ys 1+2 and Origin (all on steam) over the last couple of days. I really did enjoy myself and I haven't actually completed a single player game in a VERY long time. I know I still have Oath in Felghana and Ark of Napishtim to play (and I will) but I'm looking for any suggestions for any games (preferably on steam/PC) I can play after. I'm aware Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is coming out some time this year, but with no set release date yet I need something to keep me busy while I wait.

Suggestions don't have to also be JRPGs. Ys is however the first JRPG I've actually played all the way through (nope, not even finished a FF game. Not a turn based combat kinda person), so I'm open to other JRPG suggestions.

I'm NOT looking for any MMORPG games before somebody see's it's a JRPG and then lists me every single Asian mmo there is, cos apparently if it's Asian it must be the same, right?

Anyhow, thank you in advance for any suggestions! Once again I'm kind of limited to the PC. I do have a 3DS and an Xbox 360 but like I barely use either anymore (well outside of new Pokémon releases!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    If you want to go all over the top with production optimalisation, there's always Factorio. It's very addictive in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    Hey.

So I just binged played Ys 1+2 and Origin (all on steam) over the last couple of days. I really did enjoy myself and I haven't actually completed a single player game in a VERY long time. I know I still have Oath in Felghana and Ark of Napishtim to play (and I will) but I'm looking for any suggestions for any games (preferably on steam/PC) I can play after. I'm aware Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is coming out some time this year, but with no set release date yet I need something to keep me busy while I wait.

Suggestions don't have to also be JRPGs. Ys is however the first JRPG I've actually played all the way through (nope, not even finished a FF game. Not a turn based combat kinda person), so I'm open to other JRPG suggestions.

I'm NOT looking for any MMORPG games before somebody see's it's a JRPG and then lists me every single Asian mmo there is, cos apparently if it's Asian it must be the same, right?

Anyhow, thank you in advance for any suggestions! Once again I'm kind of limited to the PC. I do have a 3DS and an Xbox 360 but like I barely use either anymore (well outside of new Pokémon releases!).

Soul Blazer and Secret of Evermore are hack and slash RPG's. You could also look into Azure Dreams, a Pokemon monster catch/ Town Simulator/ Rogue-lite game.