10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Kingdoms of Amalur might be worth a shot, play the demo on steam and see if you like it. You get free stuff from playing the demo too.

There's also fable (Only the first one is available on PC currently, the third one used to be but was removed).

Oh and don't forget the gothic franchise/the first Risen game.

Kingdoms of Amular? Gothic? Risen?

If you liked Baldur's Gate then give Neverwinter Nights and Planescape: Torment a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur might be worth a shot, play the demo on steam and see if you like it. You get free stuff from playing the demo too.

There's also fable (Only the first one is available on PC currently, the third one used to be but was removed).

Oh and don't forget the gothic franchise/the first Risen game.
    I just saw a Fable anniversary in steam is that a remake HD ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I just saw a Fable anniversary in steam is that a remake HD ?
    HD remake, yeah. Not much difference than the original (They just added a harder difficulty and a few DLC costumes) but it's probably better optimized and whatnot.

It plays strange control-wise compared to most RPG's, but it's the RPG I grew up with.

Check out Divinity: Original Sin and while not a medieval open world western RPG check out Wasteland 2 you may like both.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Check out Divinity: Original Sin and while not a medieval open world western RPG check out Wasteland 2 you may like both.
    Second this. Divinity Original Sin is great, get the enhanced edition, they took an already great game and improved it. It's sequel is out next month.

Mount&Blade Warband perhaps? There is a new one on the way to that looks better, not sure on release date though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second this. Divinity Original Sin is great, get the enhanced edition, they took an already great game and improved it. It's sequel is out next month.
    It is worth for 6 EUR on sales get whole collection? Since i got in summer sale dilemia to buy it, with Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity: Original Sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It is worth for 6 EUR on sales get whole collection? Since i got in summer sale dilemia to buy it, with Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity: Original Sin.
    Original Sin alone is worth that, so yeah.

If you got Divinity 2 consider that a bonus, it's also a great game, though it plays completely different to the Original Sin seiries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Original Sin alone is worth that, so yeah.

If you got Divinity 2 consider that a bonus, it's also a great game, though it plays completely different to the Original Sin seiries.
    Guess i must misread, since i meant this. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17798/

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently I've been in the mood for a slower action RPG. Something with a slow paced combat system that doesn't really rely to much on health bars, I pretty much wanna find a hallway with some monsters and stroll down stabbing them in the throat with a rapier while being dapper AF. I want parries, splitting enemies in half with a claymore, shields breaking, and all that. I want it to feel real and gritty, any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it doesn't really have to be a medieval fantasy RPG, it could be a shooter, too. But the same requirements apply, shooting someone once pretty much always kills them, no health bars, and the same applies to the player. Fallout 4 isn't doing it, too much emptying 4 magazines into a damage sponge scorpion, and Overwatch is too fast paced for me to savor my sweet McCree headshots.

After a lot of struggling with BDO, to get it to stop crashing (it did for about a week, then they started happening again, more frequently) I've decided to say fuck it and look for something else to play; not really having much luck though...

Pretty much I want something like BDO... But not BDO, I guess. Doesn't have to be multiplayer, but ideally that'd be preferred I think. I like the whole 'empire building' aspect of it more than the PvP / Grinding to be honest, so a game centered around that wouldn't be entirely bad either. I like the whole 'management' style that the game has, when you're not out in the world doing shit.

Games I've played... 95% of MMOs out there all the way from Ultima -> BDO/FF14/etc, if it's an MMO on Steam then I've probably played it. A lot of them I haven't touched in the past 3-4 years though. Preferably not too pricey to buy, either. (I don't wanna play ESO, though) --- I'd go back to FF14 if the game didn't feel dreadfully slow to me; the global cooldown between skills is too much. Hell I'd probably come back to WoW even, if its endgame was more appealing.

Hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    After a lot of struggling with BDO, to get it to stop crashing (it did for about a week, then they started happening again, more frequently) I've decided to say fuck it and look for something else to play; not really having much luck though...

Pretty much I want something like BDO... But not BDO, I guess. Doesn't have to be multiplayer, but ideally that'd be preferred I think. I like the whole 'empire building' aspect of it more than the PvP / Grinding to be honest, so a game centered around that wouldn't be entirely bad either. I like the whole 'management' style that the game has, when you're not out in the world doing shit.

Games I've played... 95% of MMOs out there all the way from Ultima -> BDO/FF14/etc, if it's an MMO on Steam then I've probably played it. A lot of them I haven't touched in the past 3-4 years though. Preferably not too pricey to buy, either. (I don't wanna play ESO, though) --- I'd go back to FF14 if the game didn't feel dreadfully slow to me; the global cooldown between skills is too much. Hell I'd probably come back to WoW even, if its endgame was more appealing.

Hit me.
    The best "Empire building MMORPG" I can think of would be EVE Online, but I'm afraid that - given how you think "FF14 is dreadfully slow" - you would not like it, since it takes quite a while to build up your character to a point where you are PvP ready (and therefor can contribute to empire building). If you are of the sort who wouldn't mind performing less exciting tasks tasks like mining or trading commodities on the market, then you can begin immediately, from the first few hours of the game.

That said, it sounds like you are waiting for Crowfall to come out; the general idea (from what I remember when it was announced a couple years back, I'm sure things have changed since, go look it up for yourself) is that there are "worlds" you can traverse, each randomly generated and with their own rules, and these worlds are temporary. Some are only around for a few weeks, while others last for months. The worlds are also limited in size. You and your fellow guildies will compete against others for the limited resources and carve out an empire, as the world begins in a beautiful, bountiful state and ultimately becomes a crumbling, barren wasteland. Your victories on these worlds will help you to build up your guild's eternal home base.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Recently I've been in the mood for a slower action RPG. Something with a slow paced combat system that doesn't really rely to much on health bars, I pretty much wanna find a hallway with some monsters and stroll down stabbing them in the throat with a rapier while being dapper AF. I want parries, splitting enemies in half with a claymore, shields breaking, and all that. I want it to feel real and gritty, any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it doesn't really have to be a medieval fantasy RPG, it could be a shooter, too. But the same requirements apply, shooting someone once pretty much always kills them, no health bars, and the same applies to the player. Fallout 4 isn't doing it, too much emptying 4 magazines into a damage sponge scorpion, and Overwatch is too fast paced for me to savor my sweet McCree headshots.
    May I recommend Mount & Blade: Warband? It has directional-mouse combat (the direction your mouse is moving in at the time you left-click determine the direction of your attack; moving your mouse up while left clicking means your weapon will come down from above. To defend against it, you would need to move your mouse above and right click, raising your weapon above to parry it). NOTE: You can tune how fast combat takes place, making actions take slow enough so you can easily parry/dodge any and all incoming attacks, to require FPS Quake/Overwatch speed reaction skill. Furthermore, it has a variety of gameplay, and has an active modding community (that endures even seven years later!) to mine from. It has entertained me for over a hundred hours, if not more (I have several playthroughs that have gone on for months).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    May I recommend Mount & Blade: Warband? It has directional-mouse combat (the direction your mouse is moving in at the time you left-click determine the direction of your attack; moving your mouse up while left clicking means your weapon will come down from above. To defend against it, you would need to move your mouse above and right click, raising your weapon above to parry it). NOTE: You can tune how fast combat takes place, making actions take slow enough so you can easily parry/dodge any and all incoming attacks, to require FPS Quake/Overwatch speed reaction skill. Furthermore, it has a variety of gameplay, and has an active modding community (that endures even seven years later!) to mine from. It has entertained me for over a hundred hours, if not more (I have several playthroughs that have gone on for months).
    Already have this actually, and love it. Gets a bit repetitive, though. I also kinda found out how to cheese it sometimes. A lance and horse can like, 1 shot anything, I just run laps around an entire army and pick them off one-by-one, and using a 2handed axe on a castle wall means I don't even have to move for my army of a couple dozen to take on one of nearly 1000. But that combat was pretty satisfying, before I cheesed it, and the arenas and tournaments are still fun as hell. Just wish their was more on the political side of things, and a few more maps wouldn't hurt. Isn't there supposed to be a sequel coming out soon?

Isn't there supposed to be a sequel coming out soon?
    Bannerlord is still in development, might come out by the end of the year or next year.

Going to get my new gaming laptop in a week, I want to try all kinds of new games!

I am not much of a shooter fan. I want a game with beautiful scenery and landscapes, green verdant fields and forests, lakes, rivers, ambient music, medieval fantasy, swords, fireballs... Singleplayer or MMO, either is fine, but some sort of RPG or RTS (but not a turn based one.... something like Rising Kingdoms or Warcraft 3)

Games I am already considering (aside from WoW where my Hearthstone will always be set to xD):

Witcher 3
    Ashes of Creation (once it comes out)
    Divinity: Original Sin 2

Games I've played and enjoyed:

Trine 2
    Magicka
    Rising Kingdoms
    Warcraft 3
    WoW (obviously xD)
    GW2 (but don't feel like investing in it because I enjoy WoW much more. Especially the art and music)

I want to explore, to have an adventure, to gasp in awe staring at beautiful scenery and listening to good music! Graphics are very important (either be HQ realistic or well-designed cartoonish style).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Going to get my new gaming laptop in a week, I want to try all kinds of new games!

I am not much of a shooter fan. I want a game with beautiful scenery and landscapes, green verdant fields and forests, lakes, rivers, ambient music, medieval fantasy, swords, fireballs... Singleplayer or MMO, either is fine, but some sort of RPG or RTS (but not a turn based one.... something like Rising Kingdoms or Warcraft 3)

Games I am already considering (aside from WoW where my Hearthstone will always be set to xD):

Witcher 3
    Ashes of Creation (once it comes out)
    Divinity: Original Sin 2

Games I've played and enjoyed:

Trine 2
    Magicka
    Rising Kingdoms
    Warcraft 3
    WoW (obviously xD)
    GW2 (but don't feel like investing in it because I enjoy WoW much more. Especially the art and music)

I want to explore, to have an adventure, to gasp in awe staring at beautiful scenery and listening to good music! Graphics are very important (either be HQ realistic or well-designed cartoonish style).
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It has a similar art style to WoW, and...actually, it just feels like single-player WoW. Your character kind of ends up overpowered by the end, though.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It has a similar art style to WoW, and...actually, it just feels like single-player WoW. Your character kind of ends up overpowered by the end, though.
    It felt more along the lines of "plays like the Witcher, but in an oldschool D&D setting". The game's script was even written by the author of the Drizzdt/Ice Wind Dale novels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    It felt more along the lines of "plays like the Witcher, but in an oldschool D&D setting". The game's script was even written by the author of the Drizzdt/Ice Wind Dale novels.
    It didn't play like The Witcher at all to me. I loved Amalur but hated the Witcher. Maybe it was your playstyle? The weapons are very distinct from eachother, maybe dual-dagger or a faeblade wielder would play more like the Witcher than my 2h and armor clad knight.

5+ Year Old Account
    I will be starting a class in about 2 weeks, (A+ Cert) which will be on my Raid nights, that combined with WOW burn out (8 year stretch) i am looking for something to play on my free time.

I love to Social Aspect of WOW, i realize its not an open World MMO Like BDO but it feels more of one than SWTOR , BDO is too Cluttered, Ive tried Darkfall Rise of Argon - Think you really gotta enjoy PVP to like that game, im more PVE END Game, Crafting . Ive Tried FFXIV Realm Reborn its meh i cant put my finger on it but something seems to be missing (Admittingly i havent made it to end game i cant hang in there ive tried 2ce now) , ive seen GW2 mentioned a few times might try that out, Dont think my system could handle ESO or id try that one, i ll be searching through these post, any recommendations is appreciated.