1. #1

    PlayStation Now is coming to PC tomorrow in the UK.

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rrow-in-the-uk

    PlayStation Now, the streaming service that lets folks play select PS3 games for £12.99 a month, is coming to PC tomorrow in the UK, Belgium and the Netherlands.

    It "will come to North America shortly thereafter," Sony stated on the US PlayStation Blog.

    The service contains over 400 PS3 games.

    The recommended specs for running PS Now on PC are as follows:

    Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
    300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
    Sound card; USB port
    2
    You'll also want a minimum 5Mbps connection and Sony recommends a wired internet connection for the best performance.

    To commemorate the premiere of Nathan Drake, Kratos and company on PC, Sony is releasing a DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor on 15th September.

    Priced at $24.99 (or your local equivalent), the adapter will connect the PS4 controller to a PC or Mac wirelessly and automatically enable all the gamepad's features (so long as the software supports it).

    The adapter isn't required as you could always just use a USB cable. But if you want that sweet Big Picture living room experience without your cat nibbling on your cord, it's a good option.
    Cool, Now people who never got a ps3 can play some ps3 exclusive titles. Sony has done stated before that ps4 games will NOT be coming to Psnow.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-23 at 07:55 PM.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin (Main) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Warlock - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vantarr/simple
    My Demon Hunter - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ludence/simple

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cool, Now people who never got a ps3 can play some ps3 exclusive titles with horrible input lag and input glitches that make them not even worth playing
    Fixed. /10char

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Fixed. /10char
    I know user experience may very but from my use I rarely had input lag and when I did it was super small.

    But hey nice constructive info.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin (Main) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Warlock - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vantarr/simple
    My Demon Hunter - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ludence/simple

  4. #4
    the fact that it seems like I won't need to run xbox emulator for my dualshock on PC anymore is probably the most exciting part of it for me. at least I hope I won't? I guess once its released, I'll test out that theory :P (I use my dualshock with occasional PC game)

    that said.. I did have some streaming issues (stutter and artificing mostly) when I originally tried PS now, so hopefully they have ironed out some of the issues. yes, I have decent internet connection.

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Basement.
    Posts
    5,113
    Meh should be just backwards compatible on PS4 like the Xbox one is with 360 games not a service. Find it silly tbh that paid backwards compatibility is a thing now. I mean yes not all of us kept our games but old games are cheap as chips now.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia.
    “Being human totally sucks most of the time. Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable.” Ernest Cline.

  6. #6
    At this point in the UK you can get a PS3 for £40-£50 preowned and game is selling games dirt cheap, i just picked up stuff like space marine and infamous for £2 each. Paying a sub fee for a service that can crap out if your connection sucks seems kind of a downgrade when its ten year old hardware with insanely cheap games now that arent exactly hard to find.

    God knows its worth it for things like demons souls alone.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Basement.
    Posts
    5,113
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    At this point in the UK you can get a PS3 for £40-£50 preowned and game is selling games dirt cheap, i just picked up stuff like space marine and infamous for £2 each. Paying a sub fee for a service that can crap out if your connection sucks seems kind of a downgrade when its ten year old hardware with insanely cheap games now that arent exactly hard to find.

    God knows its worth it for things like demons souls alone.
    I just kept my games and systems because I knew shit like this would happen.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia.
    “Being human totally sucks most of the time. Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable.” Ernest Cline.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Meh. PS3...no thanks. It would bo cool for PS4, but PS3 is meh. I would be excited a little for the PS4 games.

  10. #10
    Old God Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    10,240
    meh, I already pay for PS plus and I still have my PS3, and as far as I'm aware they still have monthly deals on it. soooo not really gonna bother with this.

  11. #11
    Old God Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,188
    I'm rather skeptical of these streaming services. The last time I tried it (OnLive) the input lag was noticeable and the graphical degradation was rather high.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh should be just backwards compatible on PS4 like the Xbox one is with 360 games not a service. Find it silly tbh that paid backwards compatibility is a thing now. I mean yes not all of us kept our games but old games are cheap as chips now.
    So are you the programmer that's going to code emulation for the cell processor onto the PS4? Acting like the PS3 and 360 are anywhere close to the same thing is laughable.

    There is a reason the high end exclusive PS3 games still hold up well and are far past anything the 360 could do graphically. There is also a reason the cell processor was a damn nightmare to code for in the first place and those games took awhile to come. Then lastly there is a reason Sony abandoned the architecture to go with x86 in the first place.

    But yea, good luck on that cell processor emulation. It's not happening on the PS4, not happening on the Neo and might not even be happening on PC for a very, very long time.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-08-24 at 07:13 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh should be just backwards compatible on PS4 like the Xbox one is with 360 games not a service. Find it silly tbh that paid backwards compatibility is a thing now. I mean yes not all of us kept our games but old games are cheap as chips now.
    Agreed and Sony has already said once it could be done as well.

    Meh its whatever, I have paided for that service like twice. What I do hope is if your paying for it on Ps4 it carries over to PC.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So are you the programmer that's going to code emulation for the cell processor onto the PS4? Acting like the PS3 and 360 are anywhere close to the same thing is laughable.

    There is a reason the high end exclusive PS3 games still hold up well and are far past anything the 360 could do graphically. There is also a reason the cell processor was a damn nightmare to code for in the first place and those games took awhile to come. Then lastly there is a reason Sony abandoned the architecture to go with x86 in the first place.

    But yea, good luck on that cell processor emulation. It's not happening on the PS4, not happening on the Neo and might not even be happening on PC for a very, very long time.
    You do realize I have already showed you a link many times before of Shu saying they could do it right? Also what do you think those games in PSNow are running on? It isn't a billion systems maded to be like a ps3.

    You know all those bugs and shit you deal with in PSNow? Its because they are emulating them and then streaming them.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin (Main) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Warlock - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vantarr/simple
    My Demon Hunter - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ludence/simple

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Agreed and Sony has already said once it could be done as well.
    Prove it, "that it can be done" through emulation. Put your money where your mouth is and link it. It's a hell of a lot easier to emulate a typical cpu+gpu setup in the 360 then it is cell processing cores which handled the vast majority of graphical processing for the PS3, the 7800 in it was only there for supplemental power.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize I have already showed you a link many times before of Shu saying they could do it right? Also what do you think those games in PSNow are running on? It isn't a billion systems maded to be like a ps3.
    Link Shu saying PS3 emulation is possible on the PS4. Good luck finding that link it will never come.

    LOL you really think PSNow is emulation? PSNow is streaming services that connects to devices that have real cell processors running legitimate PS3 games. There is no emulation happening with PSNow. Thanks for the laugh.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    LOL you really think PSNow is emulation? PSNow is streaming services that connects to devices that have real cell processors running legitimate PS3 games. There is no emulation happening with PSNow. Thanks for the laugh.
    Uuuurrrggg no clue why I am replying to you but..

    http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/17/880...bility-for-ps4
    "Backward compatibility is hard," he said. "I won't say we'll never do it, but it's not an easy thing to do.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-compatibility
    "It's going to be super challenging to do so. I never say never, but we have no plans."
    You do realize they could do it the same way Microsoft is doing it for XB1 right? Also if you think the games in PSNow isn't emulated your a fool, you do realize just streaming them wouldn't lead to the glitch's and bug's those games can get right?

    If you don't think the multi-billion dollar company can't come up with a way (Like Microsoft did) to do it your a fool and have zero clue about how this works.

    Personally I think Microsoft's way is really smart, just rebuild it for the system so there is less BS and may even run better.


    Now ill wait for your handwaving and you not knowing what your talking about.

    Edit: Just to give you a heads up I'm not replying to your reply because arguing with someone who has no clue (you) is quite pointless.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-24 at 07:36 PM.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin (Main) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Warlock - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vantarr/simple
    My Demon Hunter - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ludence/simple

  16. #16
    So you can't link Shu saying backwards compatibility through emulation is possible then?

    Didn't think so.

    Of course it's not "technically impossible" you could strap a damn cell processor onto the neo motherboard and go gung ho with hardware BC. Highly doubt they want they increased, heat, price and potential failure point.

    Also 360 BC on the Xbox One is emulation. I can't believe you think it's "something different" just because they recompile the game code into x86. It's still emulation, hit your xbox button mid game what pops up? Oh yea, the 360 menu does oops. Choosing storage to save game on what UI appears? Oh yea 360 one does oops. Sorry for killing your point.

    And then finally, the PSNow "bugs" are all input related IE problems with your controller communicating with the server. They have nothing to do with "emulation" or the games not working properly. If you mean the graphical degradation then it's because it's a streaming service, and even streaming at a very high bit rate is never going to match the native product. PSNow bit rate is capped at like 3000 to, it's pretty damn bad.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    --snip--
    Whatever you say pumpkin "Pats you on the head" now go back to sleep.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin (Main) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Warlock - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vantarr/simple
    My Demon Hunter - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ludence/simple

  18. #18
    Didn't they also announce a wireless adaptor for the PC allowing you to connect your PS4 controller to the PC

  19. #19
    will an xbox windows controller work with these games?

  20. #20
    Old God draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    10,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Didn't they also announce a wireless adaptor for the PC allowing you to connect your PS4 controller to the PC
    Yes they did.

    Not that getting a ps3 controller with a bluetooth dongle is difficult mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •