Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Megathread] The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Tamriel Unlimited is the move to a new payment model. ESO has adopted a buy-to-play (B2P) model for players. With ESO's B2P model, you get the full ESO experience with no restrictions. No limit on what content you can do, no nerf to xp gains or gold caps. You play the full game. The only thing you would ever have to pay for is future DLCs.

There is still a subscriber option called "ESO Plus". As an ESO Plus member, you get 1500 crowns each month, a 10% boost to xp, gold, trait research, and inspiration and all DLC for free. If you drop your membership however, you lose access to the DLC unless you purchase it.

"Crowns" are a new currency added to ESO. Crowns are currency used to purchase items through ESOs in-game store, The Crown Store. In this store you can purchase cosmetic and convenience items. Items such as mounts, pets, costumes, potions, soul gems, etc. Potions are better than what you can find from merchants but not as good as what can be made with alchemy. The only way to get crowns are to purchase them from The Elder Scrolls website, or get some free as an ESO Plus Member.

One of the newest additions to the game has been the first part of the Justice system. Now you can be the thieving murderer you've always wanted to be. Break into peoles homes, steal their lewts, pickpocket them, or simple eliminate them all together. Be warned though, get caught and the guards will exact justice upon you. Depending on your crime, they will either catch you, forcing you to give up all your stolen goods and pay a fine. Or kill you on site. If you can get away unnoticed, you can go to a refuge to fence or launder your stolen goods. Stolen goods can only be sold to these people. And if you have a stolen good that you want to give to another player, you have to launder it first. Removing the "stolen" tag from it. A new skill tree "Legerdemain" has been added with skills to improve your thieving ways.

Another of the new things added with Tamriel Unlimited is the new "Champion System". The Champion System is a replacement to the previous Veteran Rank system. At lvl 50, you now earn Champion points as you gain xp than can be used to improve a number of passive stats in a way not so different from skyrims skill trees.

These are just a few of the changes to the game not to mention the numerous class balancing and tweaking done. Now is the perfect time to give the game a try or even a second look if you've played it before.

ESO Supports ADDONS!
    ESO has addon support for most of the User Interface. You can get addons from a number of places. I suggest getting them from ESOUI.com or you can get some from Curse. I've noticed that ESOUI tends to have more up to date. And if you do use ESOUI I can't recommend enough for you to use Minion! It really makes adding and updating addons for ESO a breeze. And it has a nice, clean interface with little to no disctractions.

DISCLAIMER: This is a thread about ESO and ESO only. Please guys, no game bashing. Try to keep on topic and be kind to others.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2015-03-24 at 07:59 PM.

First on the new thread!

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here's a link to the old one if anyone is interested in digging through it for info and reactions during that time.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1126434-Megathread-Elder-Scrolls-Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    "As you can see the age of the whimsical panda sadly, is over."
    Amen!

I would recommend adding information about esoui.com and Minion to the OP so people know this game supports addons as well as the fact that it's coming to consoles very soon just to cover all the bases. Maybe embed one of the new cinematic cuts as well. Otherwise, great job and welcome all to our new ESO home.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I would recommend adding information about esoui.com and Minion to the OP so people know this game supports addons as well as the fact that it's coming to consoles very soon just to cover all the bases. Maybe embed one of the new cinematic cuts as well. Otherwise, great job and welcome all to our new ESO home.
    Good idea.

RIP old megathread.
    Hello new megathread!

Switched to my EP templar. Couldn't take playing my Dragon Knight anymore, it's just terrible compared to my templar. At least the build was.
    Join the MMO-Champion NA Elder Scrolls Online guild branch today! All factions welcome.

Whisper Strall/@Kalfis, or Gree'ver/@Greevir for an invite.

I installed it, got to VR 1 before it went F2P and just quit, because that system was bullshit, and there should have been a real end game. Playing around with it now, I still dont see an end game. In fact its still yelling at me to go level up as a member of another faction. Which is lazy as fuck game design. Leveling Champion ranks, instead of VR ranks, how was that an improvement?

I finished the main story, and I still dont see any content worth playing, Free or Not.

But if you havent played it yet, just playing through the main story for free is a good deal.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

i only played this game during the beta with a friend and while it looked all nice it was really messy with the whole megaserver stuff which made it impossible for either of us to see each other until an hour in, that turned me off greatly towards this game but maybe with the B2P model is it worth it if you enjoyed the previous ESO games?

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Leveling Champion ranks, instead of VR ranks, how was that an improvement?
    It's a complete paradigm shift in terms of what you will need to do content going forward. I believe all the new areas will be available for 'everyone' instead of only being for VR capped players. The champion system is similar to paragon levels in D3 where playing any character rewards all of your characters. Rift has a similar system. It adds more incentive to play any content with any character (at max level) as it's not wasting any of your efforts.

They have several new areas planned which will have their own stories, their own rewards, and should be accessible by a much greater group of people. Considering they plan to make revenue off of it, it had to be this way. It's a more ideal system for everyone.
    BAD WOLF

So sometime down the line they will do paid story expansion then?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I installed it, got to VR 1 before it went F2P and just quit, because that system was bullshit, and there should have been a real end game. Playing around with it now, I still dont see an end game. In fact its still yelling at me to go level up as a member of another faction. Which is lazy as fuck game design. Leveling Champion ranks, instead of VR ranks, how was that an improvement?
    Meh, most of the 'end games' around aren't much better. Run around a 'dungeon' or something killing bosses for a small % chance of getting an item that is about a 1.8% upgrade over a previous item.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    i only played this game during the beta with a friend and while it looked all nice it was really messy with the whole megaserver stuff which made it impossible for either of us to see each other until an hour in, that turned me off greatly towards this game but maybe with the B2P model is it worth it if you enjoyed the previous ESO games?
    During the beta there were a TON of phasing issues where you couldn't see each other in groups. Almost all of that has been fixed. There are still parts of the game where you won't see other group members but those are done by design (mainly solo instances, main story, guild story, etc.) The tutorial at the start (Coldharbour, which has been revamped) is single player up to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Meh, most of the 'end games' around aren't much better. Run around a 'dungeon' or something killing bosses for a small % chance of getting an item that is about a 1.8% upgrade over a previous item.
    I've liked what SWTOR ended up doing. Story driven leveling, and then end game raids, with the group matching tool to make them accessible. Would work well with ESO.

The goal is to add new zones during their update cycle. I think they are looking at quarterly? It will likely add everything you would expect, including new delves and dungeons. I'm not sure what the rewards structure will be, but it seems they recognize their strength is in the story and playing through it so they are committed to continuing to develop that.
    BAD WOLF

New content will be delivered in the form of paid DLC (which is automatically unlocked for subs as long as they maintain their subscription) with (IIRC) free components as well, but I don't think anyone would be surprised at a proper expansion pack down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think they are looking at quarterly?
    Correct, they're moving away from the monthly (month and a halfly) update schedule to a quarterly one.

Excited about this game. Need to wait to get a new pc first though.
    By fire be purged!

30 hours and still no deletion reset. lovely.

there's not even a proper term in the english language to properly say how completely braindead retarded this feature is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    New content will be delivered in the form of paid DLC (which is automatically unlocked for subs as long as they maintain their subscription) with (IIRC) free components as well, but I don't think anyone would be surprised at a proper expansion pack down the road.
    Wait does that mean if you stop your sub you lose access to the dlc stuff? That's sort of weird.

I've liked what SWTOR ended up doing. Story driven leveling, and then end game raids, with the group matching tool to make them accessible. Would work well with ESO.
    ... you realize that's not exactly riveting or interesting after EVERY OTHER GAME DOES IT.

you level up, and then you jump into the game's version of larger dungeons (raids, operations, whatever flavor term they chose for their setting). You go from leveling to entering an instanced environment that will always be the same, unchanged, vacuum sealed in it's location to kill trash mobs and play lottery trying to get bigger loot.

ESO apparently has something like that in trials, minus the loot lottery. nifty how it's not mandatory for minor upgrades at least.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

there's not even a proper term in the english language to properly say how completely braindead retarded this feature is.
    I feel your pain. It took me 5 days to make my character correctly b/c I would make a mistake or it would look slightly wrong once I got in game. One time I forgot to adjust the height slider so my character was too short. Each time I had to wait an entire day to do over to the point where it became so stressful I started making more mistakes.

Ultimately I got the appearance completely perfect after so many attempts, but misspelled the last name for my character. I'm going to just learn to like the new name, because it still works it just wasn't *perfect* but the hell I am going to wait another 24 hours. I wanted to play the game.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

It should give 1 deletion per 24 hours. (that's 24 hours from your last deletion)