Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
61
101
... LastLast
  1. #1001
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,504
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Just going to put this out there:

    I fucking hate this thread. Not because of what is going on (requesting/suggesting games, I love that) but because it gets holed up into a single sticky where its easy to lose games that are suggested while the main Video Game subsection is still just as jacked up looking as before but now has [Megathread] in front of 90% of the thread titles.
    Do you not remember the stupidity that was "so tired of wow need a new game" being 80% of the threads on the front page almost constantly? If you need a game suggestion, make a new post. That's what the thread is here for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lirnda View Post
    Agree 100% with this post. It needs to be sorted out into sections. ie: MMO, FPS, racing, simulation etc. etc.
    See above. If you're looking for specifics, you can try using the search thread function at the top of this page.

  2. #1002
    hey guys! when we were younger, me and a friend of mine played hours of baldur's gate dark alliance for playstation 2. i was looking for a game like that to play with him in the PC! can you please name some good suggestions? thank you (must have co-op :P)

  3. #1003
    Scarab Lord breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    4,326
    so i was wondering if someone could suggest a game for me?
    im looking for something more along the lines of traditional rpg/crpg like icewind dale/baldur's gate/might and magic/shining force/phantasy star/paper mario/dragon warrior/aidyn chronicles,etc. type gameplay that is more based on parties and stats. THAT ISNT AN MMO.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-08-17 at 10:35 PM.

  4. #1004
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i was wondering if someone could suggest a game for me?
    im looking for something more along the lines of traditional rpg/crpg like icewind dale/baldur's gate/might and magic/shining force/phantasy star/paper mario/dragon warrior/aidyn chronicles,etc. type gameplay that is more based on parties and stats. THAT ISNT AN MMO.
    Final fantasy 1-10
    Chronotrigger
    Secrets of mana
    planarscape torment

    Pretty much just look up snes rpgs and then get an emulator on your smart phone.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  5. #1005
    Warchief Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,237
    any1 knows an rpg for pc/ps3/ps2/snes/wii/gba/nds that has a lot of leveling involved? I mean like silly amount of levels or some form of reset like in MU online... where you just keep getting stronger and stronger until you can 1 hit most stuff including bosses...

  6. #1006
    Scarab Lord breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    4,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    any1 knows an rpg for pc/ps3/ps2/snes/wii/gba/nds that has a lot of leveling involved? I mean like silly amount of levels or some form of reset like in MU online... where you just keep getting stronger and stronger until you can 1 hit most stuff including bosses...
    might and magic series for the pc/snes/genesis/nes. specifically m&m 1-6. M&M 6 has a level cap of i think 999. i know its over 250+.
    7,8,9 have a high level cap but its much harder to gain levels. you will probably need an emulator if your trying to play it on the pc. as it does have compatibility issues with newer os's like 7 and 8. if your going to play might and magic 4 though be sure to pick up 5 unless you want to stay capped at 30.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-08-18 at 01:32 AM.

  7. #1007
    I've been considering getting into fighting games, not Street Fighter or Marvel VS Capcom. I loved Tekken when i was younger especially Tekken 3. Is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 a great game to start with?

  8. #1008

    Question Open world "sandbox" PVP MMO like Dark Age of Camelot? Vote?

    Hey folks, I'm looking for a fairly balanced open world PVP mainstream MMO to start playing. I was looking for about a year, before I finally gave up and bought GW2. Turns out the lack of open world PVP turned me off of even wanting to level another character. I hit 80 and realized leveling was only for access to a little more PVE content and the whole PVP thing was not only separate, but it was all staged and instanced. I like the danger of knowing I could get ganked while leveling, or that I have that ability to kill an unsuspecting character in their home town. In my opinion, both WoW DAoC really did this well. There were guards stationed at each town, and getting there was difficult, but not impossible. This is not to say I want an all out gank fest, but like those 2 MMO's, I do like the possibility. I also can't stand the influx in anime inspired graphics. There are some good games out there I would consider if I wasn't running around with characters wearing wedding dresses or my little pony bows. WoW was pushing it, but it was playable. However, the panda expansion stuff... I can't really get passed that. Anyway, I'd really not like to go back to WoW, it's had its time.. same as DAoC. I've asked around and have had several suggestions. And after a lot of reading up on them, I narrowed it down to a few. Knowing my thoughts on mmo's, I'm hoping to hear your folks thoughts on which one of these may have the advantage. Also, I'm hoping for a sort of sword and armor theme - non grinding and a lot of players. This is why I didn't choose DC Universe Online, any of the MMO shooters, and a lot of "indie" games. This is what I've gotten it down to:

    Darkfall
    Lineage 2
    Tera
    Regnum Online
    Aion

    Maybe I missed one researching online. If you think there's one out there better than all these, please post up Can be F2P or otherwise. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Wargasm; 2013-08-21 at 07:49 AM.

  9. #1009
    Pit Lord Lemposs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,286
    Think Darkfall is your best bet, they do nothing but talk about their PvP.

  10. #1010
    The Patient Stormkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    272
    My history and preferences are the same as yours, apart from a few matters.

    1)I played Rift recently, leveled to 60 and then grinded some pvp-prestige levels (pvp ranks), but its a meaningless grind in terms of pvp.
    There is no real competition or a way to gauge where u stand apart from pvp-ranks which anyone can gain irrespective of skill (time-based/afk in warzones and you`ll get to rank 80 while being absolutely bad at the game). Was fun for 1.5 months till i called quits on it.

    2) I just restarted Tera, and I`m still conflicted as i do not know how the end game pvp is. Leveling is very boring i must say. Rift leveling was a lot of fun and i constantly had dungeons/pvp (basically player interaction throughout). Maybe it`s just me, but Tera isn`t growing on me.

    3) Lineage 2 is just a worse game when compared to the above 2.

    4) Regnum Online is old and clunky. While there is probably still a market for it, I personally would stray away from it, especially if you`re coming from a modern day MMO background.

    5) Darkfall has the same issue as that of the old Final Fantasy XIV version. In that, the game seems to be incomplete and still launched. This is based on reading up/reviews/friend`s experiences.

    6) I wouldnt recommend Aion again since you`re looking for a mainstream pvp mmo. Population issues might bore you.

    TL;DR, Rift is a good temporary (1-2 months) option. Tera is decent but no personal end-game experience to back up this claim.
    Imho, your best bet is to play temporary mmos to till time kill something better comes up. (1-2 years :<, hold me)
    Last edited by Stormkhan; 2013-08-21 at 09:09 AM.

  11. #1011
    The only option is to wait.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

    Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

  12. #1012
    today's mmo players don't like uninstanced PVP, it's why it died in wow
    there aren't 10,000,000 MMORPG fans out there but they damn sure pretend to be just that. as long as you give them instanced everything, a way to catch up, ports everywhere, queues, etc

    the era of REALL MMORPGs is dead. what you want is wow probably, everything else is moving to purely instanced pvp because nobody really wants to do it otherwise

  13. #1013
    Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post
    the era of REALL MMORPGs is dead. what you want is wow probably, everything else is moving to purely instanced pvp because nobody really wants to do it otherwise
    Except of griefing idiots claiming they only want fair world PvP back, while ganking people 30 levels lower than them, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

  14. #1014
    Awesome responses, thanks everyone. Stormkhan, thank you for the in depth insight. I was hoping to find someone that's played a few of these and with the same taste. I'll have to check out Rift in my search. I don't mind the PvP grind for a prestigious title so much. I think the prestige gained is when others start recognizing your name. i.e. if anyone remembers Avatar from WoW. Whether it's notorious or otherwise.

    Aion does have the non mainstream thing that's discouraging me. It is free to play though... I may give it a shot.

    Darkfall seemed the most promising. It's pay to play as well. But this is why I asked opinions.

    I'm not obsessed with PVP, but I don't want a lack of game content to discourage me from even getting there either.

    I may also just have to wait after all as well. Thanks again, all. And keep em' coming!

  15. #1015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
    Awesome responses, thanks everyone. Stormkhan, thank you for the in depth insight. I was hoping to find someone that's played a few of these and with the same taste. I'll have to check out Rift in my search. I don't mind the PvP grind for a prestigious title so much. I think the prestige gained is when others start recognizing your name. i.e. if anyone remembers Avatar from WoW. Whether it's notorious or otherwise.

    Aion does have the non mainstream thing that's discouraging me. It is free to play though... I may give it a shot.

    Darkfall seemed the most promising. It's pay to play as well. But this is why I asked opinions.

    I'm not obsessed with PVP, but I don't want a lack of game content to discourage me from even getting there either.

    I may also just have to wait after all as well. Thanks again, all. And keep em' coming!
    There is a grind in Darkfall though, but you can be viable in about a week but as long as you get a good clan it's not that bad.
    Company behind the game is terrible though and barely talks to anyone, but the sieges/naval battles are fun.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BP4Z...ature=youtu.be shows the scale of sieges pretty well

  16. #1016
    the one thing that made daoc special was that you were protected in your homezone and everyone who entered the rvr zones was 90% in there because of pvp.
    there actually is no alternative to daoc. go play that on official server or 4 free on uthgard.

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
    Hey folks, I'm looking for a fairly balanced open world PVP mainstream MMO to start playing. I was looking for about a year, before I finally gave up and bought GW2. Turns out the lack of open world PVP turned me off of even wanting to level another character. I hit 80 and realized leveling was only for access to a little more PVE content and the whole PVP thing was not only separate, but it was all staged and instanced. I like the danger of knowing I could get ganked while leveling, or that I have that ability to kill an unsuspecting character in their home town. In my opinion, both WoW DAoC really did this well. There were guards stationed at each town, and getting there was difficult, but not impossible. This is not to say I want an all out gank fest, but like those 2 MMO's, I do like the possibility. I also can't stand the influx in anime inspired graphics. There are some good games out there I would consider if I wasn't running around with characters wearing wedding dresses or my little pony bows. WoW was pushing it, but it was playable. However, the panda expansion stuff... I can't really get passed that. Anyway, I'd really not like to go back to WoW, it's had its time.. same as DAoC. I've asked around and have had several suggestions. And after a lot of reading up on them, I narrowed it down to a few. Knowing my thoughts on mmo's, I'm hoping to hear your folks thoughts on which one of these may have the advantage. Also, I'm hoping for a sort of sword and armor theme - non grinding and a lot of players. This is why I didn't choose DC Universe Online, any of the MMO shooters, and a lot of "indie" games. This is what I've gotten it down to:

    Darkfall
    Lineage 2
    Tera
    Regnum Online
    Aion

    Maybe I missed one researching online. If you think there's one out there better than all these, please post up Can be F2P or otherwise. Thanks everyone!

    Play Rift until Trion translates Archeage, then switch to that. There is your open world sandbox pvp game with sieges, naval warfare, etc. Won't be too long now (less than a year for sure, most likely about half a year at most).

  18. #1018
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post

    5) Darkfall has the same issue as that of the old Final Fantasy XIV version. In that, the game seems to be incomplete and still launched. This is based on reading up/reviews/friend`s experiences.
    Darkfall UW is an incomplete game, the pvp was ok but since only half of the class rolls are in it gets very old.

  19. #1019
    I am Murloc! Descense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,273
    I am trying to remember some game i played back when i was kid. (only demo)
    The grafic was cartonny and the game was kinda turn based.
    You made a plan to steal something in building and then you send your thief to steal it. It was very tactical. With money you purchased better burglar items. (or hire minions)

  20. #1020
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    any1 knows an rpg for pc/ps3/ps2/snes/wii/gba/nds that has a lot of leveling involved? I mean like silly amount of levels or some form of reset like in MU online... where you just keep getting stronger and stronger until you can 1 hit most stuff including bosses...
    Check out the Disgaea series (they're on PS2, PS3, PSP, and Vita). The max level is 9,999 and you can reincarnate your characters. The higher level the character was when you reincarnate him the stronger he'll be as you level him again. I've seen Youtube videos of damage getting up into the billions Also with things like the Item World (you can go into your items and level them up too) the replay value is only as limited as your willingness to keep playing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •