A lot of people pass through the Video Games forum looking for suggestions as to what game or games they should try out. This results in a lot of duplicate threads asking the same questions over and over again. Hopefully this thread will solve that problem by providing a "backlog" of questions and suggestions for those of you who may have already had the same wants and needs desired from a game expressed (and hopefully a satisfactory answer or two to go with them).
A few ground rules need to be laid out to cut down on the static and keep the focus on the purpose of this thread.
- Be specific as to what you're looking for in a game.
- When suggesting a game, try to include a link to its dedicated thread.
- Don't insult or call into question someone else's questions or answers; we all have different tastes here.
- Do not embed videos or large pictures. Links only, please.
- Quote the person you're responding to. If the thread gets busy, things can get confusing.
- Be open to new things. Your favorite game could be the one you've never heard of or thought you'd like.
- As always, please keep the conversation civil and constructive!
All I see now are violent games where you shoot this or kill that, and to be honest I get bored with it very fast.
So I was hoping to get some tips on non-violent games, like indie games, side-scrollers, adventure games, management games or RTS games like The Settlers would also be fun.
I own Trine 1 & 2, Portal 1 & 2 and Psychonauts (not quite non-violent but far from violent anyway).
Any tips for a game you think might fit into what I'm looking for? I know others might be interested as well, so let's see what we can gather up.