Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
33
34
42
82
... LastLast
  1. #621
    Herald of the Titans Desaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tempest Keep
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    POE is intended to be both obtuse and time consuming. Fantastic game- if one have the time to sink into the game.

    Which it seemed you did not/do not want.
    I'd recommend Torchlight 2 first, if you like it then go PoE

    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle. Your gods are not your gods, outsider.

  2. #622
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1
    Hey everyone,

    I'm looking for a game that has awesome PvP in it. I have been playing Rift since launch and did a lot of PvP in Rift, but lately it's been super crap and nowhere near as good as what it once was, so i'm looking to situate my time and money elsewhere.

    I used to play Diablo 2 for about 7 years (and counting) and did a lot of PVP in that game, which by far had the best PVP (in my opinion) - so if there's any games out there that function the same i'd love to hear about them.

    I don't mind PvE also, and I can do both.

    Thanks.

  3. #623
    Brewmaster ridish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottes View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I'm looking for a game that has awesome PvP in it. I have been playing Rift since launch and did a lot of PvP in Rift, but lately it's been super crap and nowhere near as good as what it once was, so i'm looking to situate my time and money elsewhere.

    I used to play Diablo 2 for about 7 years (and counting) and did a lot of PVP in that game, which by far had the best PVP (in my opinion) - so if there's any games out there that function the same i'd love to hear about them.

    I don't mind PvE also, and I can do both.

    Thanks.
    So you are looking for a game with pvp elements and/or pve elements, a few comes to mind...

    I would recomend dark souls it's a grate game with lore that needs to be discovered and won't be showed down your throat.
    there is also a pvp aspect to the game which is quite different from what most players is used to i guess. You basically invade other players games in the form of a phantom. You can also summon other people into your game and have them help you with bosses etc. Be warned though, the PC port is bad and I would recomend playing the game with a gamepad.

  4. #624
    I'm old. Not retired-old, but old enough that my reflexes aren't supersharp.

    I love WoW, but the thought of gearing up another alt has me thinking of dropping my subscription, and I'm mostly just signing on three times a week to raid these days. So I need something to fill up my other hours.

    I hate pvp, because I suck at it. Too much randomness, too many things to pay attention to.

    I think I'd like to try another MMO. I tried SWTOR but it was buggy on my machine, animations felt horrible, and I never found a server community I liked. I tried Guild Wars but combat was too fast-paced and the cutscenes and voice acting bugged the heck out of me. I tried Rift and thought that the talent trees were bloated and wasn't comfortable with tanking. I tried and enjoyed LOTRO, but the climb up to endgame content seems very steep and it seems very alt-unfriendly. EVE just wasn't fun for me.

    If I enjoyo an MMO, or even a single player game, I like to spend a lot of time not in the game reading the wikis and the forums. I like to think that even though the folks on my raid team are faster than me, I make up the difference by preparation. I'm the sort of person who will file detailed bug reports so I would probably be a decent beta candidate. I don't mind a buggy beta so long as the bugs I report show signs of being fixed. Occasionally.

    I really do not like shooters. Slow reflexes make me quite bad at them.

    So, is there a game out there for me?

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I'm old. Not retired-old, but old enough that my reflexes aren't supersharp...
    You've ruled out pretty much all the big ones. MMORPGs with deep PvE gameplay and tolerant combat systems. Many, maybe most, new MMOs are introducing more active combat systems.

    You could try Tera, but it is one of those modern MMOs with action combat. It does have reasonably challenging PvE, but no raids.

    You could try a popular single player like Dark Souls and Skyrim, of course.

    On further thought, even if you do not like "shooters", maybe your best bet is Fallout 3. That certainly has depth and its no ordinary high octane shooter at all.
    Last edited by squeeze; 2013-04-22 at 05:34 PM.

  6. #626
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    4,984
    You may want to try The Secret World. The community isn't the biggest, but it's friendly and helpful. The dungeons are great and the quest experience pretty good too. There are cutscenes for most quests, but the dialogue is good and the voice acting is too; if you're not into that sort of thing, though, you may want to pass (they are skippable with ESC however). The game doesn't run very well some some computers; nVidia-based machines seem to handle it best.

    You could try a popular single player like Dark Souls and Skyrim, of course.
    This isn't a bad idea at all.

  7. #627
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    You may want to try The Secret World.
    Would have recommended except they specifically stated that their reaction time/fast paced combat like GW2 was not for them. I put TSW right there in the same pace as you need to be frantically spamming and dodging and running to not die. I think they would completely hate the game based on that alone.
    BAD WOLF

  8. #628
    Is there any MMO out there that has good PvP compared to WoW?

  9. #629
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Is there any MMO out there that has good PvP compared to WoW?
    Since your post gives us no way of knowing what you consider "good"...
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  10. #630
    give me car games for pc. no trivial ones

  11. #631
    Stood in the Fire UR1L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    358
    Hello!

    I'm looking for games where the storytelling is superb. Games that really makes you care about the characters and what happens to them.
    Sadly I only have a PC so console games are not an option. However the genre doesn't really matter much as I can enjoy any game as long as the story is great. I do prefer RPG's over the rest though as they usually also have depth in gameplay.

    Here are some example games just so you know what kind of quality I'm looking for and what I've already played:

    Final Fantasy VI/VII/VIII/X
    Mass Effect -trilogy
    Assassin's Creed - all of them
    Metal Gear Solid -all except the handheld games
    Dragon Age - all of them
    Kingdom Hearts
    Half Life

    These are the best examples I could think of right now. And I realize that the standard is set pretty high but while I have played alot of games I'm sure I've missed hidden diamonds.

    So fire away!

  12. #632
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Hello!

    I'm looking for games where the storytelling is superb. Games that really makes you care about the characters and what happens to them.
    Sadly I only have a PC so console games are not an option. However the genre doesn't really matter much as I can enjoy any game as long as the story is great. I do prefer RPG's over the rest though as they usually also have depth in gameplay.

    Here are some example games just so you know what kind of quality I'm looking for and what I've already played:

    Final Fantasy VI/VII/VIII/X
    Mass Effect -trilogy
    Assassin's Creed - all of them
    Metal Gear Solid -all except the handheld games
    Dragon Age - all of them
    Kingdom Hearts
    Half Life

    These are the best examples I could think of right now. And I realize that the standard is set pretty high but while I have played alot of games I'm sure I've missed hidden diamonds.

    So fire away!
    baldurs gate. what else could you possibly want.

  13. #633
    Stood in the Fire UR1L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    baldurs gate. what else could you possibly want.
    Already played it.

  14. #634
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,774
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    I'm looking for games where the storytelling is superb. Games that really makes you care about the characters and what happens to them.
    KotOR? It's older and not for everyone, but most people think the story and characters are well done. Gotta like Star Wars or you won't enjoy it at all.
    BAD WOLF

  15. #635
    Planescape: Torment if you're willing to go for something really old.

  16. #636
    I'm looking for a game, been searching for the last couple days in the interwebz, haven't found anything decent.
    I like 'survival' type of games, where you have to craft stuff yourself. I really loved Terraria and minecraft for example, also enjoyed "Don't starve" alot. Looking for similiar games. I know starbound is coming soon, pre-ordered but what to do in the meantime .
    I've played DayZ over 1000 hours.

    Looking for something similiar to those games.
    Been playing ALOT of different games, if you know more than one similiar to what i might be looking for please mention them all. Thanks in advance!

  17. #637
    Fluffy Kitten Annoying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Socorro, NM, USA
    Posts
    3,901
    Lets see what we get.

    I'm interested in a (preferably open world) real-time action RPG.
    Skyrim's a good example, but I've utterly beat it into the floor and am looking for something hopefully higher paced.
    I don't mind if it's online, so long as solo play is possible whenever I want.
    Story is less important than solid, playable mechanics.

    Things I like:
    Flashy/over the top ability animations. (Like this, but RO is old news)
    Dual Wielding. Particularly games that allow for high-paced dual wielding action. Dual 2h is a bonus, but not required.
    Dodging/parrying/other skill based things. Demons/Dark souls is a good example of this, but that game is far too slow.

    Any tips?
    CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.9GHz | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 670FTW LE 2GB (SLI) | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 MHz | Case: NZXT Switch 810 White | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro | CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 CLC | SSD: Intel 520 160GB | HDD: 3xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Antec TruePower Quattro 1200W | Displays: 3x Dell U2412M E-IPS | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Tactile | Mouse: Razer Deathadder/Naga Epic | Car: Andromeda

  18. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    I'm looking for a game, been searching for the last couple days in the interwebz, haven't found anything decent.
    I like 'survival' type of games, where you have to craft stuff yourself. I really loved Terraria and minecraft for example, also enjoyed "Don't starve" alot. Looking for similiar games. I know starbound is coming soon, pre-ordered but what to do in the meantime .
    I've played DayZ over 1000 hours.

    Looking for something similiar to those games.
    Been playing ALOT of different games, if you know more than one similiar to what i might be looking for please mention them all. Thanks in advance!
    You could take a look at Salem, in beta currently but easy enough to get in, I loved it personally and spent 100+ hours in it.

  19. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Since your post gives us no way of knowing what you consider "good"...
    Heavily supported by the devs, considered a major part of the game. PvP that isn't lacking. A large part of the playerbase does it.

    If you can't think of any games, then make up your own definition of good. It's just subjective anyway.

  20. #640
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    You could take a look at Salem, in beta currently but easy enough to get in, I loved it personally and spent 100+ hours in it.
    Played it for around 60 hours myself, i feel pretty done with it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •