Crypt of the NecroDancer

Crypt of the NecroDancer is a roguelike hardcore dungeon crawler / rhythm game by Brace Yourself Games. It has a fantastic soundtrack which changes during gameplay as you're supposed to move and act by the rhythm of the background music and the music changes by how well you can follow it. Also supports any music in .mp3 format just like in Audiosurf and others. It's released later in 2014 and goes Steam Early Access on July 30th.

I didn't find a thread for this game so I made one quickly. I found out this game in Twitch.tv a while ago and wondered what it is. I didn't check it out yet until today when Spamfish played it for a short moment. And the music got me so hyped for this game, it's like the only indie game I've been so hyped about this far..
    Last edited by dragothica; 2014-07-17 at 04:57 PM.

I was actually reading that as "necromancer" until the last 5 seconds of that video.
    Looks funny.

Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

People play this kind of games? Maybe if it was the '90s.
    Wanna play?

Audiosurf + dungeons? Noice.

Warchief
    i had games on my 286 that looked better...

Well, it's not supposed to look extremely fancy, it's part of it's genre to have somewhat old-school look.

Also you can use your own music in this game as if you somehow wouldn't like the original soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Well, it's not supposed to look extremely fancy, it's part of it's genre to have somewhat old-school look.

Also you can use your own music in this game as if you somehow wouldn't like the original soundtrack.
    No it's not, it's part of the budget to have a somewhat old-school look.

There are plenty of japanese rogue likes(you know where the genre actually originated, not in the indy game scene) that have pretty good visuals. Most of them never get localized so the ignorant west somehow thinks spelunkey, binding of isaac, ftl etc somehow created the Rogue Like scene, they didn't.